PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lore and Education Feats?

Palanan
2015-07-10, 01:23 PM
Are there any feats in Pathfinder that represent personal study and/or a formal education?

I'm aware of Breadth of Experience from the APG, but that's tied to specific races. Are there any general lore feats, or anything like the Education feat from 3.5?

Geddy2112
2015-07-10, 01:40 PM
There is the scholar (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/scholar) and dilettante (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/dilettante) feat which are not exact, but knowledge boosting.

Palanan
2015-07-10, 02:32 PM
I hadn't known about those, thanks--just the sort of thing I'm looking for.

The wording of Dilettante is a little strange. Do you lose the benefits for a skill if you gain more than 5 ranks in that skill?

Geddy2112
2015-07-10, 02:53 PM
The wording of Dilettante is a little strange. Do you lose the benefits for a skill if you gain more than 5 ranks in that skill?

Correct, it helps you be a great knowledge bot that can roll everything, but does not have any knowledge maxed out. Probably best for bards as they gain passive bonuses to knowledge skills as they advance. However, wizards, lore oracles, tree stranger vanarans or any other class/combo that has 5+ knowledge skills.

BowStreetRunner
2018-07-10, 08:37 AM
Correct, it helps you be a great knowledge bot that can roll everything, but does not have any knowledge maxed out. Probably best for bards as they gain passive bonuses to knowledge skills as they advance. However, wizards, lore oracles, tree stranger vanarans or any other class/combo that has 5+ knowledge skills.Dilettante is absolutely fantastic in P6 games though.

Long_shanks
2018-07-11, 12:20 PM
There is also the Scion of Lore from the Noble scion feat. +1 to all knowledges that you have a rank in.

BowStreetRunner
2018-07-11, 03:08 PM
So every time someone replies to this thread it now triggers some sort of a bot that posts a link to some site that will help you cheat on your education. Moronic! :smallannoyed:

grarrrg
2018-07-11, 03:26 PM
So every time someone replies to this thread it now triggers some sort of a bot that posts a link to some site that will help you cheat on your education. Moronic! :smallannoyed:

I'm kinda hoping they get stuck in a feedback loop and endlessly reply to each other....

But yeah, just keep reporting them.

MiPri90
2018-08-10, 08:22 AM
every time someone replies to this thread it now triggers some sort of a bot that posts a link

BowStreetRunner
2018-08-10, 08:26 AM
every time someone replies to this thread it now triggers some sort of a bot that posts a linkActually, I'm not so sure anymore. Now that the offending posts have been removed I noticed that it appears the bot actually was the one who necro'ed this thread to begin with.