PDA

View Full Version : Auto roller app

Avigor
2015-07-10, 04:21 PM
I'm wondering, has anyone ever seen a phone app which does a digital roll of a d20 repeatedly, say every generating 4 numbers every 4 seconds, which can let a DM effectively "roll" spot, listen, sense motive, etc without alerting the party? I.E. no more "oh **** the DM's rolling!"

Sian
2015-07-10, 04:23 PM
get into the habit of rolling dice randomly every so often so they can't meta you rolling as anything currently happening

Curmudgeon
2015-07-10, 04:56 PM
Just use "take 10", and avoid rolling.

dascarletm
2015-07-10, 05:12 PM
get into the habit of rolling dice randomly every so often so they can't meta you rolling as anything currently happening

I do this, and even ask randomly for what their modifier is.

Avigor
2015-07-10, 10:51 PM
I do this, and even ask randomly for what their modifier is.

Meh, I'd rather keep a cheat sheet of those modifiers myself...

Renen
2015-07-10, 11:02 PM
Why not just pre-roll a buncha dice, and then go off that?

rrwoods
2015-07-11, 12:59 PM
I wrote a small .NET application to do this. You put in your players and what skills you want to roll in secret, and what all their modifiers are. Clicking one of the skills rolls it for everyone, and gives you the results, sorted by result, so that when you roll a party wide spot check, you can easily see who made the check.

I'm not at my computer at the moment, but if there's interest I can post it tonight.

Zakerst
2015-07-12, 07:49 AM
Dice&dragons is a phone app the works well for what you're asking it's free and you just make "combo dice" out of what you need to role frequently and turn your phone on silent or vibrate to negate the dice rolling sounds