Infusions
Invocations
Psionics
Shadow Magic/Mysteries
Spell-like Abilities
Truenaming/Utterances

noob
2015-07-10, 06:13 PM
The magic of that weird prestige class who made items who took up three slots and who could cast spells without being magical(a gnome only prestige class or something else)
Bardic songs(use one charge and you can cast any bardic song they are something particular and some of them are magical)

Brova
2015-07-10, 06:17 PM
If SLAs count, supernatural abilities probably should too.

marphod
2015-07-10, 06:21 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering if this list covers the various systems of "magic" in D&D 3.X:

Arcane Spells
Binding/Pact Magic
Blade Magic/Maneuvers and Stances
Divine Spells
Epic Spells
Incarnum
Infusions
Invocations
Psionics
Shadow Magic/Mysteries
Spell-like Abilities
Truenaming/Utterances

Not sure if I would call Epic Spells distinct from Arcane and Divine spells, but that's a technicality.

Bardic Music.
The various sources of Auras (Marshall, Paladin, Dragonfire, etc.)
Turning/Rebuking Undead (or other creatures) and Divine Feats/Devotional/other things powered by Turn attempts
Dragon Marks (as distinct from SLA as Invocations)

Do Words of Creation and Darkspeech count as Utterances?

The source of power for various items:

However you want to count the various Grafts.
Legacy Weapons (kinda)
Intelligent Items (sorta)
Artifacts (sorta -- many are neither Divine nor Arcane)
Relic Items (could just be divine magic in another form)

Alternate Systems:
'Recharge' Magic (standard magic with a different mechanic)
Dragon Prophecy (weak, but possibly; or just part of the dragon marks and Eberron Crystal mythos)

And the closest I can think to completely independent magic systems:
Spellfire
Taint
Maybe even Blessed
Action Points

noob
2015-07-10, 06:32 PM
If you go to that level of detail you might even go to the point of saying sanctified spells are another system.

Ruethgar
2015-07-10, 07:04 PM
Since you mentioned 3.X in the OP you might beagle to back port Spheres of Power as an alternate magic system, and then there are third party books like AEGs Magic book. Most of them say they are variants of arcane or divine magic, but the Freeform Magic in the back is at least a different system. Tune magic in that book, RoS, and from Faerun are also potentially applicable as different types of casting. Ki magic also is a bit different, depends on which source of it you are using, but expending Stunning Fist uses for flaming unarmed attacks is similar to but separate from turn uses for Divine/Profane feats. Also KoK has a feat that grants spells that are not specifically arcane or divine but can be cast as any depending on your casting abilities.

Thurbane
2015-07-10, 07:04 PM
Since you mentioned 3.X in the OP you might beagle to back port Spheres of Power as an alternate magic system, and then there are third party books like AEGs Magic book. Most of them say they are variants of arcane or divine magic, but the Freeform Magic in the back is at least a different system. Tune magic in that book, RoS, and from Faerun are also potentially applicable as different types of casting. Ki magic also is a bit different, depends on which source of it you are using, but expending Stunning Fist uses for flaming unarmed attacks is similar to but separate from turn uses for Divine/Profane feats. Also KoK has a feat that grants spells that are not specifically arcane or divine but can be cast as any depending on your casting abilities.

BY 3.X, I really just mean official 3.0 and 3.5.

Darrin
2015-07-10, 07:53 PM
Marshall auras and draconic auras.

nedz
2015-07-10, 09:19 PM
We did this thread a couple of years ago and got up to 27 IIRC. We were counting things like Prepared and Spontaneous casting rather than Arcane and Divine though, which allows you to add Spirit Shaman.
Also Sha'ir.
Divine splits into Druid/Cleric/Domain/Paladin/Ranger anyway — also Divine Bard.
Then you have things like Arcane Disciple.

daremetoidareyo
2015-07-10, 10:01 PM
Runecasting subsystem.

Renen
2015-07-10, 11:10 PM
Not sure if I would call Epic Spells distinct from Arcane and Divine spells, but that's a technicality.

Bardic Music.
The various sources of Auras (Marshall, Paladin, Dragonfire, etc.)
Turning/Rebuking Undead (or other creatures) and Divine Feats/Devotional/other things powered by Turn attempts
Dragon Marks (as distinct from SLA as Invocations)

Do Words of Creation and Darkspeech count as Utterances?

The source of power for various items:

However you want to count the various Grafts.
Legacy Weapons (kinda)
Intelligent Items (sorta)
Artifacts (sorta -- many are neither Divine nor Arcane)
Relic Items (could just be divine magic in another form)

Alternate Systems:
'Recharge' Magic (standard magic with a different mechanic)
Dragon Prophecy (weak, but possibly; or just part of the dragon marks and Eberron Crystal mythos)

And the closest I can think to completely independent magic systems:
Spellfire
Taint
Maybe even Blessed
Action Points

I don't know if auras and the like count as a magic system. It's basically just an aoe effect around you.
Bardic music is also just a buncha different abilities that happen to have a "fuel" type.
Turning/Rebuking is just one effect that affects unread.

I don't think any of that comes close to any of the examples given by OP. The only thing I maaaaybe agree with are the dragon marks.

ShurikVch
2015-07-12, 11:20 AM
Dungeon #100 have Ghustil (githyanki-specific PrC), who able to cast spells, which are explicitly not arcane or divine (source of this magic is Astral Plane)

Also, there are:
Damnation Points (Demonbinder, DotU)
Shadow Points (Shadow Sentinel, RoD)

Sagetim
2015-07-12, 07:06 PM
Don't forget the Shadow Smith can just make things with shadows (and yes, they also count as a shadow caster).
And if you want to get particular, Soulknives use a unique brand of psionics that allows them to make will saves to resist antimagic and dead magic zones and materialize their will in the form of swords and stuff.

There's also Vile Spells, if we're counting Sanctified Spells. And also from the book of vile darkness: sacrificing sentient beings for power or the benefits of spells. Which anyone with knowledge (religion) and an altar can do, even a fighter taking cross class ranks. Doesn't mean he'll be good at it, but *shrug*.

Also, if you count supernatural abilities separately, does that count Binding/Pact Magic twice? Everything about that system is supernatural powers.

Xervous
2015-07-12, 08:46 PM
BY 3.X, I really just mean official 3.0 and 3.5.

Why am I struck with a sudden feeling of appreciation for this statement?