PDA

View Full Version : Minotaur Druids?

CyberThread
2015-07-10, 09:59 PM
In Dragonlance you had MInatours being a very piraty race, if one of that race was to be a druid, would they be more prone to a melee combatant through beast mode, or more a melee combatant through spell power enhancement?

Ralanr
2015-07-10, 10:03 PM
In Dragonlance you had MInatours being a very piraty race, if one of that race was to be a druid, would they be more prone to a melee combatant through beast mode, or more a melee combatant through spell power enhancement?

Well...if I was an about 8 foot tall bull man with a 1d10 weapon that was my head, I'd probably have no desire to transform into a bear and maul people.

Course I might want to turn into a seagull so I could fly across the ocean horizon and enjoy it's beauty. Or a shark to eat people in the water because I probably can't swim that fast and it saves more food for my crew.

Or I might just shout, "Shillelagh!" at the top of my lungs while I'm holding a club and smack people.

I think either works.

PotatoGolem
2015-07-11, 12:10 AM
Well...if I was an about 8 foot tall bull man with a 1d10 weapon that was my head, I'd probably have no desire to transform into a bear and maul people.

Exactly my thoughts on this. You're already a horrid giant manimal, being a bear doesn't change you that much.

Paeleus
2015-07-11, 09:16 AM
Exactly my thoughts on this. You're already a horrid giant manimal, being a bear doesn't change you that much.

What about the sea-bear?

But seriously, being able to turn into aquatic creatures would be a Minotaur Pirate Druid's MO. Polymorph is where things get cool, but you don't even have to be a Druid for that. I'd say a circle of the coast would be the best Mino-druid. Once you get polymorph.... "Release the Kraken."

Ralanr
2015-07-11, 10:30 AM
What about the sea-bear?

But seriously, being able to turn into aquatic creatures would be a Minotaur Pirate Druid's MO. Polymorph is where things get cool, but you don't even have to be a Druid for that. I'd say a circle of the coast would be the best Mino-druid. Once you get polymorph.... "Release the Kraken."

Heck I'd be tempted to go GOO warlock and pick nothing but tentacle spells.
So arms and hunger of hadar and evards black tentacles