PDA

View Full Version : Class-ify a super hero

Paeleus
2015-07-11, 09:26 AM
This is just for fun/a d&d brain exercise. Fit your favorite super heroes into the 5e class system.

Aquaman - circle of the coast Druid/possibly mc'd with ranger

Spiderman - rogue thief/possibly mc'd with monk

Batman - fighter/monk

Storm - Stormborn sorc (too easy)

Hulk - rage barb/moon Druid

2015-07-11, 09:30 AM
Superheroes work best as gestalt characters, just in general.

Anderlith
2015-07-11, 10:39 AM
Batman is a Warlock, Pact of the Bat (or maybe the Night)
His gadgets are well reflected with the warlocks style of casting. & his batarangs are his eldritch blast. Maybe gives him some monk so he can punch well but I really don't think he should have too many levels, maybe instead he has a "Path of the Fist" that grants the warlock melee abilities similar to the bladelock

Superman is a straight monk with either a monk path that lets him fly & cast disintegrate/scorching ray, gust of wing & a few other spells, or a dip on wizard/sorcerer to let him cast them (leaning more toward sorcerer with a krypton bloodline)

Aquaman is a Beastmaster Ranger.

Ironman is either an Artificer, or a warlock with heavy armor.

Hawkman is an aaracokra fighter/paladin

Capt. America is shield spec fighter with guns

Green Lantern is a Conjuration Wizard

Thor is a storm sorcerer/paladin of vengeance

I'll post more as I think about them

Rfkannen
2015-07-11, 11:06 AM
Lets see, off the top o
f my head.

She hulk would make a decent monk, open hand of course. She always fights unarmed and was trained by captain america.

Wolverine would be in my opinion an immortal mystic 5/ bear(refluffed as wolverine) totem barbarian 15.

you know I think shazam would actually be a eagle totem barbarian. He has to activate his powers, he can fly. I think it fits.

green lantern, well when it is released he will be a path of the unseen hand mystic, but he works okay as a goo warlock till then.

flash would be a monk, just for the speed.

you know I think jean grey would actually be a sorcerer not a mystic. Just seems to fit, not sure though.

the sorcerer supreme, wizard lol. Yeah with that variety he would be a wizard not a sorcerer, pretty funny imo (not really that funny but whatever)

thor would a tempest cleric/eldrich knight. might not make that much sense, but with the bound weapon and the thunder magic I think it would work. Actually probably more fighter than cleric

vibe- with that dance and flair totally a bard.

brother power the geek is an interesting one. I guess monk?

groot would be a berzerker barbarian.

multiple man is a high level wizard that only ever uses that spell that makes copies of yourself

congrilla would be a champion fighter with tavern brawler

now for manga superheroes because why not

one punch man- well he is physically perfect, stronger than any human faster than any human and more defensive than any human, I guess open hand monk?

deku- pretty low level but probably monk (no one really has the power to damage themselves for a strength boost)

ratman- probably a shadow monk

zetman- barbarian I guess

Aardvarksanvich
2020-02-25, 11:20 PM
A while back I had found a post for an eldrich knight captain america build. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

bored_acel
2020-02-25, 11:37 PM
I have trouble deciding whether or not the tick is a Barbarian or Paladin. He's too calm all too often to be a Barbarian, but he's certainly not as mentally fit to be a Paladin.
Actually Drunken Monk maybe? I might have to build that tomorrow.

Rfkannen
2020-02-26, 01:15 AM
I'm looking at my post from 6 years ago and I don't remember half of those characters lol, but here would be my updated list

She hulk: lets see, her main powers from what I remember are strength and 4th wall breaking, and she is a lawyer? I'd probably do barbarian 1, battle master fighter x
Wolverine: champion fighter for sure
Shazam: Oath of heroism paladin, get that godly power
green lantern: artillerist artificer makes sense for the power from an artifact thing
Flash: that build you see sometimes on here with the super fast tabaxi monk barbarian with Mobil
I don't remember who jean grey is
dr strange: wizard
thor: mjolner is a magic item, especially the ragnorak version I would do as a tempest cleric
vibe: who is vibe?
brother power the geek:Oath of redemption paladin or the new healing monk
groot: I don't think I've ever seen or read guardians of the galaxy? why did I do this one?
multiple man: who???
congrilla: who??

one punch man: open hand monk
deku: berzerker barbarian
ratman: berzerker barbarian

Peelee
2020-02-26, 10:49 AM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: This superhero has been dead for some time.