PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cypher the fallen angel from Warhammer 40000 concept in PF

Reprimand
2015-07-11, 01:21 PM
I kind of want to do a fallen angel (more like an aasamair or really powerful human) dual wielding pistols concept for a character what kind of road blocks would I be looking at?

CN so no actual evil options please.

Geddy2112
2015-07-11, 02:22 PM
Unless your campaign allows revolvers, double pistols are going to be difficult to reload and fire at a decent rate. You could use a beneficial bandolier, or dip a level in juggler bard to have multiple pistols that you are firing. Or double barreled pistols and just shoot 1 shot per gun per round. Two weapon fighting is a must.

Aasimar are good, and garauda blooded are the perfect stats for a gunslinger, but agathion blooded are good too and would fit more of a lion bestial aspect, like the Dark Angels.

I would take the pisteolero archetype for gunslinger-the 2 shot knockdown deed works well with dual wielding pistols.

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-07-11, 03:56 PM
I kind of want to do a fallen angel (more like an aasamair or really powerful human) dual wielding pistols concept for a character what kind of road blocks would I be looking at?

CN so no actual evil options please.

Try Ellan they are humans with the type of aberration(minus the darkvision) and live up to 1000+ years which is the same amount super-humans of that universe can live. Also allows you to be part psionic without penalty which matches that universe. Ellans are modified from humans like space marines. Downside -2 Charisma which is okay he is a hated traitor that jumps between chaos warbands.

Dammit never mind just saw pathfinder well still you can easily use it in pathfinder if you deem so.

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-07-11, 04:05 PM
Unless your campaign allows revolvers, double pistols are going to be difficult to reload and fire at a decent rate. You could use a beneficial bandolier, or dip a level in juggler bard to have multiple pistols that you are firing. Or double barreled pistols and just shoot 1 shot per gun per round. Two weapon fighting is a must.

Aasimar are good, and garauda blooded are the perfect stats for a gunslinger, but agathion blooded are good too and would fit more of a lion bestial aspect, like the Dark Angels.

I would take the pisteolero archetype for gunslinger-the 2 shot knockdown deed works well with dual wielding pistols.

Well he could duel wield auto loading light crossbows.

Doctarro
2015-07-11, 10:03 PM
You can also reload dual pistols by taking Quick Draw and the Gun Twirling feat, free action holster and draw to go with free action reloads from Rapid Reload with alchemical cartridges. I'm gonna second the pistolero archetype, because it seems like the best for using pistols (surprise).

You also have to make sure he carries around a sword, but never uses it.

Reprimand
2015-07-12, 02:46 PM
You also have to make sure he carries around a sword, but never uses it.

Trust me I know that part. where is the gun twirling feat from?

Doctarro
2015-07-12, 04:52 PM
Trust me I know that part. where is the gun twirling feat from?

Found it on the PFSRD, which says it's from Champions of Balance. It does have Weapon Focus and Dazzling Display as prereqs though, so it may take a while for it to be useful.

Reprimand
2015-07-12, 07:43 PM
So feats would look like...

Gunsmithing (free with class), Quick Draw, Point Blank Shot (extra human feat)
Rapid Reload (Pistol or Revolver)
Precise Shot
Rapid Shot (assuming Rev) otherwise like improved init.
Weapon Focus (Pistol or Revolver)
Dazzling Display
Gun twirling
Signature Deed (Up Close And Deadly)
Two Weapon Fighting
Combat Reflexes
Snap Shot
Improved Snap Shot
Greater Snap Shot
Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Feint's End
2015-07-13, 07:22 AM
Before picking up snap shot etc you forgot some of the most important ones like deadly aim and clustered shot.

Elan is an option in pathfinder too. They actually got buffed from their 3.5 counterpart with a +2 to any stat. Very nice indeed.

Reprimand
2015-07-13, 10:04 AM
Before picking up snap shot etc you forgot some of the most important ones like deadly aim and clustered shot.

Elan is an option in pathfinder too. They actually got buffed from their 3.5 counterpart with a +2 to any stat. Very nice indeed.

Right but Cypher isn't like a psyker in lore or anything so I wouldn't do it tbh.

What does deadly aim do for me? I know clustered shots adds on the damage together before applying DR.

Firest Kathon
2015-07-13, 10:10 AM
Deadly Aim (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/deadly-aim-combat) is like Power Attack for ranged weapons, -1 to attack for +2 to hit etc. Especially nice on a gunslinger who shoots at touch AC.

Reprimand
2015-07-13, 10:23 AM
Would it be worth getting rid of the snap shot tree and combat reflexes since I can't reload on my opponents turn?

Reprimand
2015-07-13, 10:47 PM
Bump still need input on feats. (see previous post)

Feint's End
2015-07-14, 12:26 AM
Would it be worth getting rid of the snap shot tree and combat reflexes since I can't reload on my opponents turn?

Absolutely. You are already looking at a bug feat investment so you might as well get rid of those and get deadly aim and clustered shot (both must haves) instead. Deadly aim is mainly a straight damage boost since you are hitting touch ac 90% of the time and therefor don't really need a high to hit. Clustered shot deals with pesky damage reduction really nicely.

Reprimand
2015-07-14, 07:33 AM
Great thanks for the help so my feats would look more like this....

1- Gunsmithing (free with class), Quick Draw, Point Blank Shot (extra human feat), Rapid Reload (Pistol or Revolver) Flaw 1, Precise Shot Flaw 2
3- Rapid Shot
4- Weapon Focus (Pistol)
5- Dazzling Display
7- Gun twirling
8- Two Weapon Fighting
9- Snap Shot for close quarters shoot outs (makes sense given the lore)
11- Signature Deed (Up Close And Deadly)
12- Deadly Aim
13- Combat Reflexes
15- Improved Snapshot
16- Improved Two Weapon Fighting
17- Clustered Shots
19- Greater Two Weapon Fighting
20- Hammer the Gap
I have my feats planned out so I think this will work pretty well.
-2 to melee attacks Flaw 1
Hunted by his former organization Flaw 2

Traits: Slippery and Reactionary
Thinking for skills, Acrobatics (maxed), Climb (at least 5 ranks), Escape Artist (everything not put in climb and swim), Intimidate (maxed), Perception (maxed), Stealth (maxed), Swim (at least 5 ranks.)

Any help for a 15 point buy and so I can take each of these feats? without having to dumping anything too badly.

I'm thinking:
10 str
18 dex (16+2 from human [34 dex at 20] +5 from levels, +5 from tome, +6 item, any other bonuses?)
12 con
10 int
14 wis
8 cha (enigmatic, distant and aloof)