PDA

View Full Version : Durkon's Awesomeness

Lord_Kimboat
2007-04-30, 06:50 PM
It's been discussed a few times that almost all of the OotS have done something incredibly awesome.
Roy: Fought Xykon on an undead dragon, 100' in the air and then fell to his death.
Hayley: Uncovered the Xykon shell game.
Belkar: Foiled the assassination attempt and became a sexy, shoeless god of War!! (I still love that one :smallbiggrin:)
Vaarsuvious: Got rid of the elementals and enhanced the soldiers near the breach.

But so far Durkon hasn't really done anything all that awesome and I'm wondering what that is.

My idea is that he's going to get rid of the undead in the area by doing some sort of uber-turning where you'll see masses of the undead army destroyed or running away. But my predictions are usually wrong, so what does everyone else think?

Solo
2007-04-30, 07:00 PM
The words "Control Weather" spring to mind.

Sage in the Playground
2007-04-30, 07:04 PM
Thor's Might!!

JetTheOne
2007-04-30, 07:06 PM
It's been discussed a few times that almost all of the OotS have done something incredibly awesome.
Roy: Fought Xykon on an undead dragon, 100' in the air and then fell to his death.
Hayley: Uncovered the Xykon shell game.
Belkar: Foiled the assassination attempt and became a sexy, shoeless god of War!! (I still love that one :smallbiggrin:)
Vaarsuvious: Got rid of the elementals and enhanced the soldiers near the breach.

But so far Durkon hasn't really done anything all that awesome and I'm wondering what that is.

My idea is that he's going to get rid of the undead in the area by doing some sort of uber-turning where you'll see masses of the undead army destroyed or running away. But my predictions are usually wrong, so what does everyone else think?

Durkon has been put on the back burner, again, the Giant has to advance the plot because most Playgroundians seemingly demand it and the fact he's a melee cleric, standing on the castle wall doesn't help his case at all.

Lord_Kimboat
2007-04-30, 10:12 PM
Yes, Solo but I was thinking of the siege on Azure City.

the_tick_rules
2007-05-01, 12:12 AM
he'll have his time

innk
2007-05-01, 12:33 AM
Well, talking about the siege, elan hasnt done anything great at all also
Meh, but what am i saying, am im expecting ELAN to do something great? Pff..

I dont know, i expect a fight between that undead xykon cleric which i dont know the name and Durkon, or even Redcloak and Durkon maybe =p
You know, a cleric x cleric fight would be really awesome

Lord_Kimboat
2007-05-01, 08:11 AM
Aw come on, the Buddy Roy song was great!!! :smallsmile:

innk
2007-05-01, 02:39 PM
Lol yea it was really cool and stuff, im talking about useful combat-wise, you know, something that was really useful for the defenders... the music was just beautiful and cool, but did not help anything at all ;|

Laesin
2007-05-01, 02:52 PM
I dunno, it seemed like the entire battlefield heard 'O Buddy Roy' which means that all of Azure City's Defenders could have had +2 to hit,damage and saves vs fear/charm. Thats a significant improvement considering most of them are very low level.

Nahmer
2007-05-01, 04:27 PM
Well, a scroll of storm of vengeance seems tailor-made for destroying an army. Of course, if he'd had one, he would have used it before Redcloak's forces engaged (Ditto for Redcloak's side).

Durkon's next best option would be Holy Word - it would kill every hobgoblin within 40 feet of him.

cheese534
2007-05-01, 07:13 PM
he already has, when he killed that crazy tree guy.

Nathander
2007-05-01, 07:29 PM
Durkon is Durkon. How much more awesome can you ask someone to be?

Glome
2007-05-01, 07:32 PM
I'm not too sure why Durkon didn't attempt the same strategy they were originally going to use to defeat Xykon. Why didn't he cast Disruption again, especially since Roy had a shatter resistant sword? At any rate, I think Durkon is saving his spells for a serious opponent, instead of wasting them against hobgoblins and minor undead. I expect Durkonto kick serious butt against the Hueceva and Eye of fear when they reach the wall.

Sage in the Playground
2007-05-01, 07:32 PM
Durkon is Durkon. How much more awesome can you ask someone to be?

2 Durkons?

he already has, when he killed that crazy tree guy.

He didn't kill him. He told him to sit.

Plus, rember the scene where Leaky hired away Pompey?

RobbyPants
2007-05-02, 11:42 AM
Yes, Solo but I was thinking of the siege on Azure City.
Maybe he'll raise Roy when he gets the chance. He also talked Haley into leading OOTS. While it's not overly dramatic, it's still necessary.

taraxia
2007-05-03, 02:48 AM
I'm not too sure why Durkon didn't attempt the same strategy they were originally going to use to defeat Xykon. Why didn't he cast Disruption again, especially since Roy had a shatter resistant sword?

Roy's sword is already Undead Bane, and Durkon didn't have much time to buff Roy before Roy landed on the dragon -- he probably decided defensive measures were more important than offensive. (And Roy having Spell Resistance is probably the reason he survived as long as he did.)

Zynex
2007-05-03, 07:38 AM
Well, talking about the siege, elan hasnt done anything great at all also
Meh, but what am i saying, am im expecting ELAN to do something great? Pff..

Not too sure, but Elan may have already done a great thing for the battle. That song for the fallen Roy may have bolstered the troops morale, seeing as though it was utterly inspired.

Silverlocke980
2007-05-03, 09:47 AM
Durkon wins on awesomeness on the "Control Weather" trick alone. If he does nothing else for the duration of the comic, he has succeeded on being "awesome".

As for Elan? "O Buddy Roy" is the best you can ask a bard to do- compose a song about you after you die.

Take that, music lovers!

JetTheOne
2007-05-04, 01:26 AM
Durkon wins on awesomeness on the "Control Weather" trick alone. If he does nothing else for the duration of the comic, he has succeeded on being "awesome".

As for Elan? "O Buddy Roy" is the best you can ask a bard to do- compose a song about you after you die.

Take that, music lovers!

Oh yeah, Thor knows healing your party on numerous times and saving some lives isn't "awesome" at all... clerics are always the stratching post of the group, called on to heal, but when not there, mocked for not healing their fellow teammates

Silverlocke980
2007-05-04, 02:53 AM
Oh yeah, Thor knows healing your party on numerous times and saving some lives isn't "awesome" at all... clerics are always the stratching post of the group, called on to heal, but when not there, mocked for not healing their fellow teammates

It's not that healing your party and saving lives isn't awesome, it's that Control Weather is more awesome.

Callista
2007-05-04, 04:34 AM
I agree; clerics need more flashy stuff to do.

Although "Mass Cure" spells are pretty cool. Wonder why we haven't seen Durkon cast any of those?