PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Of Worlds IC

NineOfSpades
2015-07-11, 02:04 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2h6eq0o.png

http://i61.tinypic.com/97twzq.png

The world was bare, that much was certain, and the stillness of night still gripped the land. Not yet dawn, with only the faintest of glimmers upon the horizon. A terrible, cold wind blew over the flat expanse, rushing ever onwards of its own accord. The sound of waves rolling against the shoreline could be heard.

Onto the empty world, there came a woman. Pale skinned, cloaked in black, she rode upon a steed as pale and ephemeral as mist. Her pace was slow, unconcerned, as she made her way forward. In her hands, was held ancient length of wood, knotted and scarred, onto which had been afixed a blade of iron. Once, perhaps, it had shone like starlight. But if that had ever been true, such a time was long since past: The metal was pitted and flaked with rust. Still the woman held it closely.

In the begining, the world was bare, and empty. The gods had yet to arrive, to give it shape and form, to breath life upon the surface of the world. It was the age of eternal twilight, which had existed since before time itself began. But all things, even eternity, must come to an end. And so, the woman had come, to bring about the ending of one age, and the start of the next. For the eternal twilight must inevitably give way to the age of dawn: When gods would walk upon the world.

The woman dismounted her beast, having at last reached her destination. The great stallion reared itself up, and sped off, vanishing as it went, till only the distant sound of hoofbeats could be heard. Soon, not even that remained, and the world was still once more.

Nel, the woman in black, took a moment to enjoy the solitude, the tranquility of emptiness. It would not come again until the end of all things.

And so it was, before gods walked across the surface of the world, before the lesser races were called into being, before the first light of dawn or the rise of of the moon; before all things, Death was there, waiting for them

Bobb
2015-07-11, 02:21 PM
Grimgaldon existed. That was his first realization. As he rose from the giant sphere his attention was wrested from it's beauty, however incomplete, to the lone god sharing the company of the planet with him. A short nod, brief but respectful, ended his interaction with the deity. His mind was on other things.

He descended again to the surface. His hands molded two mounds of the cool earth. As he finished a slight grin escaped his lips, despite his dour demeanor.

6 PP for two uses of shape land. 07.00 and 08.01. Cold terrain stays, the tiles are now mountainous

heros271
2015-07-11, 02:26 PM
Myah realized that others are already here. He nodded to Nel and Grimgaldon, and got near planet. With single paw he moved land masses...

6 pp used to make 17.02 and 17.03 mountains.
1 Domain point left.

TheThan
2015-07-11, 02:29 PM
Clouds appeared over the land, and with them the crash of thunder and the flash of lightning. Left behind was a man, strong and muscular, bearded and carrying a folding fan tucked into the sash of his armor.

The man looked about, cold sky blue eyes piercing the distance. The wind blew at his back and he enjoyed its presence, it soothed his ill temper.

“harump” he said to the vast emptiness, his voice like the clash of thunderheads. “The wind is nice, but we need something else.. rain; Yes Rain would do nicely."

With a wave of his warfan foreboding clouds appeared over head, and with it rain. For the first time in the history of the world, rain falls from the sky. It would not be the last.

burning all six of my points to for shape climate, creating rain in hexes 06.07, 07.06 and 08.07. I’m working on creating some tropics in that location. If someone would like to contribute with something like trees (hint, hint heros271) that’s be great.
I'm also changing my speech color since sky blue is unreadable.

Bobb
2015-07-11, 02:42 PM
There were more gods. Beings, he knew not how he knew, with powers like and unlike his own. Perhaps he could learn from them.

The planet he came from, his own mother and father he named Dwelna

He looked at own form for the first time, hard and smooth as Obsidian, yet white as the snow he worked in. He had not named himself, yet he had a name. Existence could be strange. Perhaps the one that existed in the beginning could tell him more.

I greet you. He inspected her appearance, lingering longest on the crude weapon in her hand. Interesting. How came here all of us?

Omegonthesane
2015-07-11, 03:28 PM
If one were to look up from the nameless world, in the night sky, one would see stars, and between those stars, blackness - a space where nothing visible existed. Most of those spaces were dark matter or dark energy or normal vacuum, but eyes could not tell Tavteth from such mundane things.

This was not its home - it doubted it really had a home, but it knew that this was not its home, only a useful hiding place. It gazed down on the world, vaguely aware that others were gathering upon it, others of its own magnitude, others who toyed with it.

How could they bring themselves to consider such petty amusements? How were they so calm, how could they stand it? To be lashed to another so completely, and merely accept that? No, surely they were all hiding it, each one assuming that the others were too stupid to see the truth and afraid to be the first to speak.

Furious, it lashed out at the world below, and stole the life from a once fertile land in the west, near the sea. Rain ceased to fall, and the soil below had turned to sand, and would not hold water for long enough for any plant to exist. This was true for a majority of the area, yet Tavteth had not been systematic in its hate, and a number of patches existed, places fed by water from beneath the earth, places where plants could still grow.

The thing in the void glanced at this sight, and contemplated finishing what it had started, but thought better. In this place of desolation, a spring considered dry elsewhere would be worth dying for, and in the meantime those stupid or unfortunate enough to dwell there would have a hard time escaping. By day, they would die of thirst and their skin would burn, while by night they would freeze to death, for the sand did not retain heat in the way that water did. The effect was more merciful the closer to the sea one went - more temperate winds blew in from the sea, but could only do so much against the pitiless heat.

Power roll Turn 1 (http://orokos.com/roll/307806): 2d6 11
Domain point: 1

3x2 points: Shape Land x2 to turn 01.04 and 01.05 into sandy deserts, punctuated with oases that highlight the desolation that surrounds them.
2x2 points: Shape Climate x2 to give 01.04 and 01.05 weather to match

Domain point unused

1 normal, 1 domain point remaining
+1 to next roll

Dannir
2015-07-11, 03:29 PM
She had been drifting through the stars a long time, on an overgrown rock of a failed planet. She did not yet have the skill to make a world all of her own - nor anymore the will. And finally, she had found a world she would be able to properly influence. So, she joined the gods that would no doubt either come next, or already be making their mark upon the young world. But first... She brought her own failure in orbit - it could not fulfill its original purpose, but now it would have a new one. After all, it is always good for a world to have a moon.

She then floated down to the world below, and made her way towards an area that did not yet carry the work of another. There, she followed the example of two before her, and pulled the land up... She had plans for her start, but she first needed mountains. She carved a hole that would soon be filled by water into one of the mounds, and made it rain. Soon, at least by her godly perspective, it became a source of a river that would run down the mountains to the sea further... With that, she would be able to sow the seeds for the future... For now, she just smiled as the highest peaks were covered in white, and waited for the other gods to come, while of course observing those already there.

Creation of mountains and a humid, temperate climate at 05.02, with a river ready to flow down to 04.03 (but not there yet.) I used 5 points in total, bringing me to 1 left, plus my domain point. I also took the liberty of bringing the moon, since it wasn't previously mentionned.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-11, 03:48 PM
Somewhere in the shadows between stars, a mind without body drifts, watching, thinking. It rages against the prison that is its own limited intellect.

i must find the SPELL I MUST FIND the SPELL i am without distractions i am of focused mind BUT YET the SPELL ELUDES ME WHERE IS the SPELL the SPELL must be mine the SPELL SHALL be mine where is the SPELL WHERE IS the SPELL WHERE IS the SPELL WHERE IS the SPELL

Stop. Think. Stop. WHERE IS THE— no. Be calm. Anger brings irrationality, irrationality strays the mind from the path, the path will lead to knowledge of the SPELL.

Current methods of recollection have failed to produce the spell. That the intellect is limited is an unavoidable fact. That the intellect is limited must be accepted. One mind alone cannot find the SPELL.

But then what can?

Knowledge proves limited once more. This will require... alternative methods of consideration.

Yes, yes. It is time. The Deep Dreaming shall begin.

Somewhere in the shadows between stars, an Eye closes, and It begins to dream.

Incomprehensible things shape and reshape themselves, taking on ever more horrible forms. But soon, order comes forth from the chaos. A sphere, of green, blue, and white. No. A world, of land, sea, and ice. Its shape is mostly stable, but some things are changing; mountains rise here and there, and storms accumulate over parts of the land.

Too much land.

The seas rise, splitting the vast continent in two.

Shape land x3 to convert 8.03, 9.03, and 10.04 to shallow water.

Stored points: 1 (+1)
Domain points: 1

5ColouredWalker
2015-07-11, 07:54 PM
As the land started to come into be, and be shaped by others, Kalandor watched, his feet walking the the world.

None
Points Saved: 9

Rhyvurg
2015-07-11, 10:18 PM
The clouds split apart, and the Sun Himself descended to the earth. Looking around Himself and seeing nothing but raw potential, he raises his hand, and the mundane obeys. A piece of land raises up, becoming a wide, almost flat plateau, protected and ready to be made use of. His initial work complete, He turns to his fellows, tempering His grace o they may look directly on Him. "Good morning."

Using 3 points to make 7.01 into a plateau.

NineOfSpades
2015-07-12, 12:02 PM
Nel watched, and listened, as the others appeared and took shape. She kept to herself, for the most part. Creation was not her place in the order of the world. When the sun came down, Nel shielded her eyes, finding the warmth and light to be irritating. "Morning? Yes...good...I feel that waits to be seen."

heros271
2015-07-12, 12:16 PM
Myah went towards Nel. It seemed like she had nothing to do... He placed one paw on her leg for few seconds to ensure that she see him, and pointed small arc, then used one claw to simulate someone cutting his throat. No words were used, but somehow suggestion was clearer than if they were. Then he slightly moved his head to side, as if he asked "Would you agree?"

Conversion of BORDER between (17.02+17.03+18.04) and (17.01, 16.02, 16.03, 16.04, 17.04) into dead land. Limited use of Change Weather on smaller group should be enough.

NineOfSpades
2015-07-12, 06:36 PM
Nel looked down at the beast-god, and though Nel's face was vacant of most expression, she did raise an eyebrow momentarily, giving her a look of slight amusement. Well, that, or confusion. It was hard to say. However, after a moment or two, Nel looked away and commented "I would advise you keep your paws to yourself"

Holding my actions for this round

bardanicer
2015-07-12, 06:36 PM
"Awake...others have began to build what shall belong to you." - the first thought.

Amidst the dark of the void, a presence gave conscious to itself. It watched as a sphere of physical matter formed around and gained shape. Death arrived first, of course. It knew all about Death. It delighted itself as he saw others shape the new found physical realm, and waited. The First Word - Neroneh - was spoken and echoed throughout the eternity of the void, for all to listen.

An invisible shade, then, started to "move" in the world's direction, occasionally accompanied by bursts of booming, echoing laughter. It seemed happy.

Saving 4+1 points. The first word was intended for every one of you to listen, by the way =)

heros271
2015-07-12, 06:43 PM
(TURN 2 BEGINS)
Myah then, slightly amused by behavior of Death Goddess, approached Stormur. He pointed place he just worked at, then this place. Shown picture of two circles, then swapped their locations with each other.

IF (TheThan declare creation of slightly rainy area at four tiles I work with)
{07.06 and 08.07 are covered with forests.;}
ELSE
{18.03 is covered with dense forests;
Water source form at 17.03, split in three waterfalls. Waterfalls create rivers at 17.02, 18.03 and 18.04;
17.03 -> 17.02 -> 18.02
17.03 -> 18.03 -> border between 19.02 and 19.03
17.03 -> 18.04 -> border between 19.03 and 19.04
I will later provide picture of how water go if this turns out right.
3 power points left in both variants. Next turn give me +2 points for that I use points, if I remember rules right.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-12, 07:09 PM
Neroneh.

At the sound of a Word, a mind stirs in the dark spaces between the stars.

Neroneh. What does it mean? This will require further consideration... NO! The consciousness must be silent. The Deep Dreaming shall resume.

And so the dreams begin again, roiling, turning in upon themselves and outwards into creation. The oceans rise once more.

Shape Land to convert 9.04, 10.05, and 12.05 to water.

Stored points: 2 (+2)
Domain points: 2

5ColouredWalker
2015-07-12, 08:27 PM
And finally, Kalandor opened his eyes upon the world, and around him sprung a forest, filled with life, and those that would help the world remember.
Meanwhile, from on high his Divine Presence looked out to the ocean with plans, and raised stone from the bedrock of the ocean.

Creating Forested Terrain in 13.06, and a Mountain in 01.01.

Also, Creating an Avatar. It seems he just exists 'wherever', instead of at a particular place, however he's in 13.06.

When Kalandor looked upon the newly forming world with his fellow Gods, he did not first seek to impose upon it his will, to shape it to his pleasure.
He thought to experience it.

Reaching out and then in with his will, Kalandor, instead of seeking to create mortals, sought what many would consider a blasphemy against the Divine. He sought the essence of Mortality.
Settling his will upon the peninsula of [To be Named], the very world shifted around him in silence. His power was a boon to the land, the energy used in his attempts siphoned off by the land, causing some of the first trees to grow, and to these trees he spoke, and these tress listened, remembering, learning, and sometimes giving their limited insights.

And, as a forest grew, and as animals came to fill it, Kalandor found the essence he sought, and incarnated upon the world. Where other gods stand far above, he walks the soil, vastly weakened, but still able to call upon his divine essence, which watches from above, without form, observing the world both as god and man.

But before he walked, the trees cried out.
"Could you help us walk, as we have helped you?"
And so he did.
Kalandor looked to the bark of the trees, upon which their memories were written for the fullness of their mind, to those of that which walked and crawled, and gave the trees the tools to form one being, as he did, that could walk the world for them, and would be able to come back to speak of what they had seen, as his body would his mind. But it would only be one, for while fast not even Kalandor could truly be in two places at once.

And then, as he began his long walk, the Trees began to think on what they had been given, and attempted to create for themselves.

NineOfSpades
2015-07-12, 10:56 PM
Nel walked through the land, and where she walked, the earth spoiled and rot spread. Despite herself, she could not help but feel a small inkling of admiration, at the great works of craftsmenship that were wrought around her. It was a pointless gesture, a small, sad song that would eventually fade. But while it lasted at least, there was some beauty to it. But the goddess thoughts were sheltered to all.

Neroneh

The name resonated through the realm, and Nel turned, looking to where it had originated. "Some gnat is buzzing in my ear..." she murmured to herself. It was irritating, having to endure the whining of a child who hungered for more. Such undignified behavior, it was difficult to tolerate. No, it would not due. The teaching of a lesson was in order.But not yet. There was more pressing work to be done.

The land where Nel had come to rest, once a empty, beautiful field, was now blighted beyond recognition. Tree's ripped up from the marshy surface of the world, like jagged bones tearing from some festering wound. The air was thick with mist, which enveloped the land, dimming the sunlight, and shrouding this place from the outside world. Other gods had their creation, but not Nel. No, her's was a singular focus. The land she birthed came into being stillborn, and cursed. But it suited her needed.

With her blade in hand, Nel crept downwards, following the flow of water down into a deep rift. And there, in the darkest pit, she raised her weapon, hefting it in her arms, and then swung the blade into the ground. A terrible sound issured forth, like steam escaping from a pot. After a moment, the sound became a bit more clear. The air itself was screaming, twisting in agony as it was rent asunder.

It took only a moment, but the remains were clear. A doorway had foormed, made of bone and stitched with hair. It stood as a marker, where the realm of the living ended, and where the land of the dead would begin. "A name, I think...The Maw. Yes, that suits you." Nel said, admiring her work a moment. "Yes, that shall fit you nicely."

Spending 3 points to convert 13.02 into a dead swamp, and 2 points to give it an eternal climate of supernaturally thick fog. Spending 10 points to cause an Event and forge a pathway between the world of the living and the realm of the dead.

2 points remaining +2 Domain Points

Bobb
2015-07-13, 04:08 AM
Spurned by Death, the god of earth decided to forget about what had come before and invest himself utterly into what lied ahead. To the sun god he gave a respectful nod. After his own handiwork was complete he would speak of works together, perhaps.

Grimgaldon stretches out his arm out towards the sea, pulling something from the deep. The water began to hiss and boil, sending steam into the heavens.

2 PP to change the weather in 19.05 to humid and steamy, with many clouds (5 PP and 1 Domain PP remaining)

Neroneh

The sound pulsed and throbbed with power in his ears. He maintained concentration on his task, but thought to himself how much more swiftly his work could be done with Neroneh's power added to his own.

Dannir
2015-07-13, 07:33 AM
Interesting... I should take the time to communicate with one of them. Siderh figured as she watched the others build. But first, it was time for her to get back to her own work... The river wouldn't flow the way she'd like it to unless she guided it. The seeds of the future would not sow themselves. Actual, that was true in a very literal way. She made the river flow northwest, with its share of twists and turns, of course, forming hills to maintain its descent, and planting trees nearby, where they would grow, multiply, and soon become a forest. Then, she guided it down into the sea, where fresh water became salt water. On this part of its path, the plains would be fertile. That way, later, when the time came for it, other beings could live there.

Neroneh

...Aaand, another divinity had decided to join them... Although she couldn't shake the feeling she wouldn't like this one. Something about this... Voice. Ah, but, no, no, she could not judge solely based on such a first impression... The same applied to the ones who had destroyed the land to the south and to the east. Maybe they had reasons for this. Besides, she did like the oases that had formed in that desert to the south. They reminded her of... The stars. Islands of fertility in a vast, empty expanse... Hm... Like this very world, in the end. Yes, it was... Poetic, in its own way.

But enough musing. It was time to properly meet the neighbors. Hm... The desert-maker may need some time to cool down... She wasn't sure the one who had split the land was anywhere near... Maybe the feline hard at work to the east? Hm... No, not yet. The one who came before all other? No, no, she seemed to want to watch and be left alone for now. Ah, she knew! The sun! After all His light only made the clear water running downstream more beautiful... Yes, it was decided. She came up to Him. "A good morning indeed. Welcome, o Radiant One. I am Siderh, lady of the moon. May I ask what you call yourself?" She asked, smiling warmly at her fellow god.

Using 6 points to turn 04.03 into hilly terrain covered in forests, and 03.03 into coastal plains upon which signs of larger vegetation appear, including the occasional tree. The river that finds its source at 5.02 runs through 04.03 and 03.02, joining the sea at 02.02
This leaves 1 point, and of course my two domain points.

bardanicer
2015-07-13, 08:03 AM
Beautiful..., he thought, and his spirit truly desired to contribute to the splendor of this world. After all, it ,and all that lives within it, would belong to him, some day. For now, he understood he had to share it with his equals, and contribute to their great work.

The Voice echoed once more, for all gods to hear: "Neroneh - The Voice of Will salutes every one of you - The Makers!
Now: this gift to you, brothers and sisters! Behold - The Whistle!". Then, a loud, high-pitched sound, like a flute, played throughout the northern snows and sprung water, penetrating the land until it reached the ocean.

Neroneh took the First Word as his own name, he decided, and took pride in The River Whistle, for he considered it to be the most beautiful of the Makings so far.

13 PP
2 domain

spending 12pp to create a river- The Whistle - 13:01-12:02-11:02-10:03

1 PP left - +2 on next roll
2 domain left

Rhyvurg
2015-07-13, 12:27 PM
The Sun continues to prepare, tempering the water in the place He has chosen. By His decree, no could may mar the sky while the sun shines, but at sundown gentle rains fall. It was almost ready for what must come next. He hears the word, but does not allow it to distract him.

Using Shape Climate in 7.01 to create moderate, warm weather, 2 points

heros271
2015-07-13, 01:05 PM
This voice was strange. First he named the planet, now he wanted to name him, as the Maker. While he was able to show anything, this... speech was unknown to him. Yet...
Myah.
He did not liked how speaking felt. One more sentence, and over... hopefully for long time.
Not Maker, just Myah.
Maker, maker... that was strange name. Still, it sounded like "make". And Myah wanted to finish what he started. He blew some air on ground, and plants started to appear. He blew some air underground, and rivers started to flow. He used his claw, and shaped mountains. Damn. It was time to use this... speech... again. He pointed at mountains and said:
- Dar'Ell.
And somehow it was known that Dar meant mountain. He then pointed at forest and added:
- Ros'Ell.

18.03 become dense forest.
18.04 become mountain.
The 18.04, 17.02 and 17.03 are known as Dar'Ell.
18.03 is known as Ros'Ell

River appear in four tiles I've shaped. It starts at 17.03 and goes as I described it earlier... I will draw it soon so there is no misunderstanding.

Together I spent 6 points (as river is in that 4 tiles, none new). 3 non-domain, 0 domain points left.

Omegonthesane
2015-07-13, 01:17 PM
Neroneh.

What was that voice? Where had it come from? How confident was the speaker, to have actually sought to be heard? What were their plans for the world - what would they impose upon it? Tavteth panicked, hid deep in the sands of the desert that its hate had created - it wasn't ready to reveal itself yet, it couldn't afford to take that risk.

The chained god cowered as this "Neroneh" announced its presence again. It almost seemed like relief when that voice only went as far as creating a river, but that was a symbol of the newcomer's surety - what power did Neroneh hold, to have so little fear of discovery?

Tavteth emerged from the desert sands and wandered east into such woodlands as already, running from shadow to shadow like a fugitive. The fear in its heart poisoned the land around it, driving life away as if that fear was somehow contagious, and it allowed itself a grin here and there in bitter amusement, as insects and mammals ran from lands that within mere years stopped being fertile. Once again, the effect was not total, and there were enough oases to give a glimmer of hope to anyone foolish enough to settle in the desert. Just enough to keep them clinging on in endless suffering, instead of accepting that their doings were futile.

It was a long way before Tavteth realised there was good reason to get a grip - leaving a trail of desolation would only lead to it being found. Indeed, something seemed off about the lands visible just north of the newly expanded desert - had a god done its business there?

Tavteth was not eager to find out; it hid again, wherever the dark was hard to tell from the void, inwardly wondering what it, or others, would make of all this vibrant life - little knowing what awaited it "just" across the sea, "just" several times further east than its desert yet extended.

12p generated, 1p saved
1dp generated, 1dp saved

3x2 + 2x2 points: Shape Land & Climate to desertify 02.05 and 03.04 like I did to 01.04 and 01.05.

3p, 2dp remaining
3 + 2 <= 5 -> +2 to next power roll

TheThan
2015-07-13, 01:33 PM
Not satisfied with his handiwork. Stormur decides to continue creating rain.
I want more rain. Rain is good.

With that the mighty god waived his war fan, and clouds formed in the sky and rain began to fall once more.

Shaping climate in 09.06 and 10.06. Spending 4/6 points total.
Holding on to the 2 remaining points I have and the two domain points I have.

Rhyvurg
2015-07-13, 04:31 PM
[I]

But enough musing. It was time to properly meet the neighbors. Hm... The desert-maker may need some time to cool down... She wasn't sure the one who had split the land was anywhere near... Maybe the feline hard at work to the east? Hm... No, not yet. The one who came before all other? No, no, she seemed to want to watch and be left alone for now. Ah, she knew! The sun! After all His light only made the clear water running downstream more beautiful... Yes, it was decided. She came up to Him. "A good morning indeed. Welcome, o Radiant One. I am Siderh, lady of the moon. May I ask what you call yourself?" She asked, smiling warmly at her fellow god.

Sol looks up from His work, brushing bits of cloud and earth from his hands after sculpting hills and sky. his flesh is still molten fire, not yet defined by the perceptions of others. "Hello. I am Sol Invictus. Welcome to My small corner of this world. How can I help you?" Pausing, he scoops up a handful of land from the center of the penninsula, and arranges it along the northern border.

Using Shape Land to make a lake in 7.01, 10 points unspent

heros271
2015-07-13, 05:32 PM
Not enough. Not nearly enough... There was something missing, in these forests, in these mountains... A mind. A mind that would follow what Myah say, yet also had thoughts of it's own...
After moment it seemed like the feline started to choke. He tried to get it out few times, and... finally it was out. He placed it carefully in middle of Ros'Ell, and spoke one word:
Elessar.
Elessar was ready, it was time to create some more. He began to move clouds around, and set them in cycle.
Create Avatar - Elessar, the living tree - 10 points.
Shape weather - 18.03 - Warm weather for whole year, with cycle of three sunny days followed by heavy, warm rain - 2 points
12 of 14 points used. 2 domain points left.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-13, 09:31 PM
A high, piercing sound echoes out from the world, rising into the dark spaces between the stars. A mind recoils at its harsh tone, but It does not awaken.

This sound brings great upheaval to the mind's dreams, which in turn spread this chaos to the world below.

Shape Land x2 to convert 13.04 and 14.04 to jungle mountains.

Points remaining: 1 (+3)
Domain Points: 3

Bobb
2015-07-13, 11:55 PM
The ocean broiled and teemed, suddenly bursting in a spray of fire and cooled lava. Jagged pieces jutted out from the water, interlocking with each other. Eventually one peak stood above the shards. It erupted in fire and magma.

The second stream brought forth Grimgaldon's new creation, the first golem. Forged of fire from the center of the earth, it's body was only partially solidified. He named it Vulcan, instrument of fire.

3 points to shape land (19.05). making islands of cooled magma with many sharp protrusions. Cross between dragon isle in how to train your dragon and lex luthor's island in man of steel, plus volcano. If possible, keep most of the tile water.

10 points to create avatar. Vulcan, the first golem. 3 PP and 2 DP left. +3 next roll

NineOfSpades
2015-07-14, 09:19 AM
With the Maw crafted, Nel turned back from it, and climbed back up the narrow, winding pathway, returning to the surface, and the world of the living. As she did, she cast herself out onto the four winds, to survey the world as it took shape.

In the west, Nel witnessed the earth rise up, forming a wall of stone, a natural bulwark, beyond which there was a sheltered glade. Chuckling to herself, Nel shook her head as she walked through the many tree's, stopping only occationally to brush her hand against one, whereupon it would wither and die. "You can't keep me out that easily, nor can you keep the world at bay..." for she sensed fear within the creation of the beast-god. A fear for something not yet given shape. A desire to preserve and protect. But it was all for not. Stone walls and mighty rivers could keep the lesser things which crawled on the surface at bay, yet death would still come.

As she traveled, Nel felt the arrival of two greater beings. One, formed of the wood and timber of the forest. Another, of fire and earth. Nel visited with both, to bear witness to their arrival. It was her way. Beginning, End. Life, Death. Disparity was her nature.

In the easternlands, the lands themselves were dying. Some tiny-spec of the void crept about, bringing terrible heat and turning the very earth to dust. Something would need to be done about that, but she could afford to wait and see how these events might progress.

Abound, the world was shaped by the other gods and goddesses. It was an age for creation, for growth. There was little need for her, not yet anyway. Still, looking forward, that would change. It would be wise then, to prepare. Nel returned to The Maw, having taken in the works of creation. Beyond the gateway was her vault of souls, where the departed and unborn were kept.

"Come forth now" Nel spoke. For a moment, there was silence. Then, a great and violent trembling shook through the earth. After a moment, there came another. And another. With each pulse, the very land seemed to be rocked with such a ferocity, that it seemed the earth itself would split. But the shaking was not random. No, it was simply the footfalls of what had been called.

From the darkness, there came a beast. It towered over creation, a living mountain. Its skin was sheathed in armored scales, and plated with bone. It walked upon for thick legs, though from its back, two wings emerged. Would this creature take flight, one would think the entire sky might be blocked out. Atop a long, scerpentine neck, rested its broad head. Four eyes looked out, glowing with pure white light.

Nel looked up at the beast, and seemed satisfied at what she saw. "Speak now, tell me your name"

The creature, to whom Nel appeared no more than a fly, looked down at her. It's mouth opened, revealing endless rows of saber-like teeth. As it spoke, it was as thunder. "I am Valefar, the Leviathan. Look upon my form, and know the shape of might, tiny creature"

That comment was enough to make Nel laugh.

Valefar snarled "You find me amusing!? I, to who possesses power unfathomable!? Who may level the earth with but the passing of my breath, who fears nothing and who is feared by all!? YOU LAUGH IN MY PRESENCE!? SPEAK, TINY ONE"

Nel was no longer laughing. "I am Nel, and I have brought you forth to serve one purpose. You are to guard this place, and the souls that dwell within. Under your watch, ensure that none escape from here or are taken. I bind you to this task" With a gesture, immense chains erupted from the ground, shackling themselves to Valefar, who roared in rage and defiance. The sound broke over the landscape for hundreds of miles in every direction.

For days and days without end, Valefar struggled and roared, but for all the dragons might, he could not best death, nor escape from its chains. At last, exhausted, Valefar spoke again. "I shall hate you, witch who has chained my greatness....I shall hate you for all time."

"Hate me if you wish. It matters nothing to me."

Spending 10 points to create an Avatar.

Valefar The Leviathan, first among dragons.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/paradoxpanda2/Animal/98c4063db2551749fc57f5acff11e8e2.jpg

Valefar is an immense being (approximatly 1 mile in length), who's power is only matched by his immense pride. Valefar serves as the guardian of the Maw, and gatekeeper to the world of the dead. Though he is diligent about his task, he hates Nel for shackling him within the cavern under the earth. As such, he works eternally to find a way to free himself. He prevents the souls of the dead from escaping, however, Valefar also wants to oppose Nel. Therefore, he can be bribed to allow a soul to slip past [Hence, the cost of raising the dead]. Similarly, he does not stop the living from entering or exiting the Realm Of The Dead, if they so choose. Though he occationally will make a meal out of those passing through, or demands of tribute.

0 Power points remaining, 3 domain points. +2 Points next roll.

heros271
2015-07-14, 10:30 AM
Myah approached Elessar and placed paw on his leaves. So that's what happened when he wasn't looking... Well, it was time for his own actions.

- Anima - he said, and this sound went through whole planet. Suddenly parts of earth started to move, form limbs... After while there was no place left without life. Vultures near Maw, salamanders staring at Vulcan with curiosity, scorpions in deserts. But it was not enough.
- Flora - one more word he said. And suddenly in places where it was not yet plants appeared. Cacti on deserts, baobabs on plains...

In same time single root extended from Ros'Ell. It had long way to go, but time was not limited. And it was not normal root. Elessar was in his way.
Flora
Elessar heard it and was glad that more of his kin appeared, even if sentience was not part of their life. His root finally appeared near the Maw... near the Nel. And then small sapling appeared here, and inside of it were three holes, inside of which were three flame-like beings.
- My master greets you, Lady of Endings. He is well aware that without death life make no sense, and without life there is no death. He want you to know that it's shelter not from beings like you or him, but from ones that should appear soon, maybe even from his hand. I was instructed to leave this here, for you to decide of it's fate.
This said, the flames disappeared, but strange, three-hole tree remained there. Elessar wondered for how long.
No actions, only fluff. Roots are how Elessar make actions without moving from his spot. He prefer not to travel in his true form.

Dannir
2015-07-14, 01:14 PM
The lady of the moon, clad in white, shakes her head at the sun. "I have not come here to ask for favors. Merely to meet you. For if we are going to share this world, I believe we should at the least aknowledge each others. It is an honor to meet you, Sol. I hope we shall not come in conflict in our wishes to develop this world." She said, ending in a polite bow. "For now I must return to my work. There is still much to do, many seeds to sow for this world's future. Do not hesitate to talk to me if you wish." With that said, she returns to her creation to see a few things have changed. She had not understood what the two words she had heard on her way meant, but now she could see plainly... And she was happy with the result. Still, she needed to change a few things...

She needed to change more of the land first. After all, very little had changed to the southeast, and she still needed to put the finishing touches to what she had already made. First, she expanded the mountains, though the area was less dense than the ones she had already made, and made more hill to match the mountains. Then, she turned towards the desert... It had grown larger. Well, she wouldn't do anything about it yet, but that could change... And if it stayed that way, she had an idea on how to change the nearby lands. But that would wait until she had done what she wished to. She wandered south, and saw the rain. A perfect place to add some more life... She created dense vegetation, aided by the high humidity in the area. Soon, she hoped, animals would follow.

Creation of mountainous terrain at 05.03, hills at 04.02, and tropical rainforests at 08.07. Changing climate at 03.02 to humid and chilly due to the proximity of the sea.

Power points used: 11.
2 power points + 3 domain points left

TheThan
2015-07-14, 01:30 PM
Stormur instantly knew something had arisen and taken to the air. His domain. He tolerated the others like him in his domain, but this… beast mired his sky. However, he felt it get dragged back to earth, probably by the beasts’ creator.

Satisfied, Stormur decided to head elsewhere, now that he was done with this rain.

Stormur took to the sky, and traveled far out over the waves of the deep.

He takes out his warfan and sweeps it across the sky. Winds erupt from his fan, and become stronger and stronger as he fans. The winds whirl up into a violent tempest, and clouds form and begin to drive rain down upon the waters. while the winds push the clouds across the the sky. The crack of thunder and the flash of lighting punctuate the storm god's voice.

This will be my abode, from this place, all storms emerge.

Spending 8 points to shape weather (hurricanes) in hexes 16.08,16.07, 17.06, and 08.07

Bobb
2015-07-14, 01:57 PM
So much had happened. There were too many gods, with too many plans.

Not enough room for everything. There would be disagreements. There would be.. conflict.

I must prepare.

Alliances must be made, but carefully. Entangling himself with a rash or weak ally would be no better than standing alone. hmm....

He retreated to the southern pole, one space little marked by the hands of the creators. Vulcan followed behind, in years as well as distance

I hereby claim this portion of the southern pole as my domain

Grimgaldon has claimed 10.09, 12.09, 11.08 and 11.09

The sky god made an impressive display of power, making certainly the largest storm ever, before the end of the earth.

Grimgaldon channeled his energies into strengthening the storm this god seemed to want to expand forever.

giving TheThan 2 PP to use as he sees fit in the storm 1PP and 2 DP left

bardanicer
2015-07-14, 02:25 PM
Neroneh was proud. The Great River Whistle was delightful to look at, as were many of the Makings of his brothers. Even so, the First Word suddenly desired to be alone; to have a place of his own... He looked for the edge of the world. A secluded, isolated place where he could admire the Makings - a place to hide, if needed be.

This time, he wouldn't announce his work to the other gods to hear, as he intended to keep it secret. The Voice would, for the first time, act in silence.
Silently, in the deep ocean, The Black Silent Spire rose in darkness.

9 energy
3 domain

3 energy shaping 00.00 into a black rock spire island. This is supposed to reach the clouds, but no clouds or clear sky to see when you get up there. Only impenetrable darkness.
2 energy shaping climate in 00.00 to perpetual night/dark (only at the top, normal climate, day/night cycle at it's base)

4 energy left (+3 next turn)
3 domain left

heros271
2015-07-14, 02:27 PM
Myah smiled, seeying what goddess of moon did. Then he pointed forest with his paw and more animals appeared from ground. They were already prepared for conditions they met in freshly changed area... He then nodded slightly to Siderh, to show her that he was, indeed, reason of this acceleration.

Meanwhile, Vulcan could realize that he is surrounded by several pinguins. One of them was angry and made "Noot noot" at him while comically extending his beak in trumpet-like shape.

TheThan
2015-07-14, 03:23 PM
Stormur whirled around, his eyes darting to the south. Another like him had infused him with power, foreign power, but still power. Stormur needed no help from a lesser being. Yet this being demanded his attention.

He tucked his fan into his sash and took to the sky. Traveling like a bolt of lightning across to the sky to where this other god was.

Once there he descended from the clouds in an instant, the crash of thunder and a bolt of lightning accompanying him.

Standing before this earthen deity, Stormur spoke, his voice the crescendo of thunder in the distance.

“Behold, I am the four seasons. Stormur God of the Wind and Rain, You will pay your respects!”

Bobb
2015-07-14, 11:53 PM
Grimgoadlon gave a deferential bow.

Greetings, god of the wind, and of the sky and the rain.

I made that small offering of power as a show of my goodwill. I wish to enter into a pledge with you and your strength.

5ColouredWalker
2015-07-15, 12:51 AM
Another mountain range rises from the ocean, the mountains, filling with hot springs, clouds gathering around them to provide a constant stream of water.

Meanwhile, Kalandor's avatar walks the world, watching the world shift as a man would, never stopping on his travels but for a closer look, not looking to the actions of the gods, his power above remaining just as silent.

Actions:
Raise a mountain in 19.09. Altering Climate to make it rather humid, with near constant rains that feed rivers from the mountain tops. Total cost for this turn is 5, leaving me 1 domain point and 2 normal points. [I don't quite think a water cycle counts for Travel.].

Omegonthesane
2015-07-15, 02:15 PM
A great being had been shackled to the maw - the laws of this world were taking form. The hole in the world was not sure which one felt like more of a threat - the strict delineation between living and dead, or the imprisonment of a being of Valefar's magnitude as a mere gatekeeper.

It was possible that the lizard-like thing might be amenable to some kind of alliance with someone willing to set it loose, but Tavteth had no immediate reason to completely unseal the land of the dead - and plenty of reason to think it might be an embarrassing failure that needlessly antagonised a god. Instead, it made a more conscious effort to spread the western desert, even boiling away the sea to separate the inland sea from the outside. The resultant stretch of desert was less cruel than the rest, bordered on two sides by waters to mitigate the effects of its endless heat.

7 gained, 3 saved; 1 domain gained, 2 domain saved

3 points: Shape Land to turn 02.07 into a steppe

2x2 points: Shape Climate on 01.06 and 02.07 to desertify them to the extent that "just Shape Climate" will manage, leaving something somewhat less cruel than the bit north of it

3 normal points remaining
+3 to next roll
3 domain points

heros271
2015-07-15, 03:09 PM
Myah came closer to Elessar, as he felt everything the giant tree did... And he smiled. Even in this forest treant felt alone, yet his respect to Myah was too big to admit it.
- Narsil - he said, placing paws on ground. And something big appeared. Something similar to Elessar, yet different, more graceful, lighter in tone... Then Myah went away, to look around.

- So... What already happened before he created me? - Narsil asked. Then both treants merged few branches together and started to talk.

Create Avatar (Narsil) - 10 points
1 point left, +3 domain.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-15, 11:32 PM
Somewhere in the dark spaces between the stars, a dreaming mind drew thoughts into shape.

find the Spell... too much land... without distractions and of focused mind... one mind alone cannot find the Spell... one mind alone... one mind... alone.

Now I see. Now I know.

The Dream Dreaming had concluded. The time for Action had begun. Somewhere in the dark spaces between the stars, an Eye opens.

One mind alone cannot find the Spell, for one mind alone is limited. Many minds together are of unlimited potential. But where to place them?

The the Eye - and Its mind with It - hurtles through the dark spaces between the stars until It finds Itself above the green and blue world of Its dreams. It notes other beings of great power, beings that It did not see in the Deep Dreaming, but It does not heed them for now - It has more important matters to attend to.

It then takes shape, a single unlidded, unsocketed Eye surrounded by many tendrils of faintly glowing energy, and sets Itself to work. It raises the earth in one mighty push, expanding an existing range of mountains, and following this great upheaval draws a perfect orb of stone from the rubble. This It carves into a rough, angular shape - reminiscent of the forms of many of the other beings of power on this world, but shorter and heavier-set.

The Eye draws forth Fire in the blood of this little stone man, Air in its lungs, Water in its gut, Earth in its bones, and Magic in its brow - these forces together bring the effigy to life, and the Eye is so pleased with Its creation as to feel a moment of delight for the first time in Its existence.

The Eye takes this little stone man, and teaches it many things. Among these are the very first inklings of magic that does not draw on the power of a god, as well as the means by which the creature may create more of its own kind. In its loneliness, the stone man quickly begins to do so, carving rough copies of itself from stone and invoking the proper rituals to bring them to life. These new creations soon begin producing "children" of their own. The Eye also gives Its creations a name - they are the Dwerrow, but in the tongues of races not yet born they will be known as Dwarves.

After a time the first among the Dwerrow - the one created by the Eye Itself - turns to the Eye and speaks.

"Why? What is our purpose?"

The Eye responds with only two words.

"To learn."

The Dwerrow are content with this answer, and the Eye is content with the Dwerrow. It withdraws to a space between the Sphere and the Moon to observe its creations.

The form that Yathogg has taken isn't an avatar - it's a physical manifestation of the deity Itself. The exact nature of the Eye (iris color and size, pupil shape and size) varies from one viewer to the next, always appearing as an exact copy (in all but shape, which is always spherical, and size, which is variable based on Its will) of one of the eyes of the creature viewing it.

Shape Land to place mountains in 06.04. The mountains are raised in a span of time no longer than a few seconds, so basically every deity notices it from the noise alone. There's also this big eyeball covered in glowing tentacles that suddenly showed up and is now running around showing little stone men how to cast arcane spells (which didn't exist prior to the Eye's arrival).

Also spending 11 points to pay for the first half of creating the Dwarves, who currently reside in the mountains at 05.03 and 06.04. Bobb will be picking up the other half. Four of the points I spent are domain points, due to the inherent magical qualities of the dwarves (notably their means of reproduction) and their cultural tendency towards knowledge. These and the other important things to know about the dwarves (or at least, the dwarves as they are now) will be posted after Bobb finishes their creation.

One last thing: for now, Dwarven magic doesn't go past maybe one cantrip per dwarf, plus the ritual to make more dwarves. Anything beyond that will be created by race advancements on later turns.

Points remaining: 4 (+3)
Domain points: 0

Bobb
2015-07-16, 12:20 AM
The crashing stones drew Grimgaldon's attention. He would not shirk the storm god, but send a portion of his spirit towards the calamity of noise.

His spirit stumbled upon little gods. Grimgaldon was fascinated. Within their spirits he discerned a need, a hunger for knowledge and discovery. Curious But they lacked much, their creator apparently being of a single thought concerning them.

Grimgaldon could provide more.

The Dwerrow were few enough he could infuse each with his power. Fire, he saw in them already, but to them his own added to what they had. He walked with them and talked with them one century, teaching them of the earth's bounty and how to use them.

11 PP to finish the creation of the Dwerrow. All three of my Domain points went into this cost, in all three forms. Fire, Earth(metal) and artifact(construction) are in the Dwerrow. 6 PP remaining.

Some attributes contributed by Grimgaldon: Ferocious spirit: Infused with the elemental power of fire, Dwerrow are fierce and willful creatures. Metal sense: they are capable of sensing metals and their abundance within 10 Kilometers. They are now skilled artificers, and start with bronze age smelting abilities.

Anchovies will provide their alignment. We will work out their social structure together.

Rhyvurg
2015-07-16, 06:21 PM
Hearing sounds deep within the Earth, Sol descends to investigate, his works ready for the next stage. He leaves smoking footprints in His wake as he travels deeper, seeking the source of what He had heard. When He discovered small, fragile mortals, His surprise was complete. He had plans to make beings of His own of course, but that someone had already done so was unexpected. He began to explore further, looking for the cause of all this.

TheThan
2015-07-16, 06:32 PM
Grimgoadlon gave a deferential bow.

Greetings, god of the wind, and of the sky and the rain.

I made that small offering of power as a show of my goodwill. I wish to enter into a pledge with you and your strength.

I have no need for your power. But I see you recognize your superiors. For while you toil about on the ground I live in the sky, above you.

For this I will accept your humble proposal. Call if you have need of me. Expect me to do the same.

His voice more quiet, like the crash of waves against a rocky shore.

With a flash of lightening and the crack of thunder the storm god vanishes; leaving behind an echo and a warning

Do not cross me, for my rain can erode your mountains and my wind can uproot your trees.

Traveling through the sky, he decided to detour before returning to his maelstrom.

I think I’ll try something new. Others have done this.

He lands, and with an effort begins to pull the ground up, forming thick bunches of trees that suck up and absorb the rains he had already created.

Round 4.
Ok going to spend 9 points total to shape terrain and create tropical jungles in 06.07,07.06, and 09.06.
I also forgot I should generate 1 domain point, so my total is 9+1 domain point. I’m just going to hold onto it.

5ColouredWalker
2015-07-16, 07:56 PM
Kalandor looks from on high to the gods uncaring in their squables while he travels down low, a small canoe traversing the waters which split the world.
Meanwhile, in trying to create life, the trees from where Kalandor's avatar arose spread themselves with far greater speed than they otherwise could.

Creating a Forest in 14.06.

3 Points and 2 Domain remain.

Bobb
2015-07-16, 11:24 PM
Grimgaldon pondered the storm god's actions. Could such a volatile god be trusted to act in the time of need? Still, his power and ferocity could not be questioned.

He decided it would be best to extend his web of allies.

The next god he would entreat would also control a quite separate domain from the earth. Sol, the god of light. Grimgaldon sent a piece of his power to the god like the sun and waited for his response. 1 PP sent to Sol, waiting for reaction. 5PP left

Rhyvurg
2015-07-16, 11:47 PM
Sol pauses where He stands, curious. "I am curious, why are you and these mortals down here, in the darkness? Would they not enjoy the feel of the sun, the open air?"

Current points: 19

Bobb
2015-07-16, 11:59 PM
The sun is great and glorious. And there are times when I, and the beings I have put a part of myself in, seek the light.

I would make it so that my creatures could walk in the light without fear of your wrath. Shall we make a pact together, not to work ill in each others creations?

Rhyvurg
2015-07-17, 01:27 AM
"The world is great enough that none of us need come into conflict with another. I would be glad to be your friend."

Bobb
2015-07-17, 02:19 AM
"Then let it be so.

I would like to collaborate with you in the creation of new races. To add my lawfulness to your handiwork. I would not interfere with your leadership of their course lest I pay you in my power first.

I am offering to pay half of Sol's first race creation cost and pay 1 PP whenever I would command race on said creation.

Grimgaldon now has a non-aggression pact with Sol and Stormur and a mutual aid agreement with Stormur. He will keep his word. Whether the other gods keep their word is up to the storytellers! Grimgaldon with negotiate with Neroneh next. :D

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-17, 02:44 AM
The Eye watches Its creations move upon the world below. It notices that there is another who walks among the Dwerrow - one of great power, perhaps power to even rival that of the Eye. This being speaks with the Dwerrow, and shows them many things. The Dwerrow begin to break the stones, heating them to withdraw a burning liquid that is then shaped into curious gleaming objects.

This shall require further investigation.

The Eye descends once more to the surface of the Sphere, where It finds the one who spoke with the Dwerrow. Also present is a burning figure. This new entity's light is harsh and unwelcome to the being who dwelt among the stars, but its presence does not seem hostile. The Eye speaks to the pair in a voice without sound and words without tongue.

"You, who have walked among the Dwerrow. You have altered their knowledge. To what end have you done so?"

It reaches down among Dwerrow, and brings before Its gaze a crude tool shaped from the liquid fire. In Its grasp the object reshapes itself, flowing into a perfect sphere.

"And what is this?"

Yathogg communicates through telepathy. It either selects the intended recipients or radiates Its message outwards in a radius for all intelligent beings within a certain distance to hear, and Its messages are of no language - they are understood in perfect clarity by even the lowest of beasts.

Also It really likes spheres (Its own shape, the Stone from which the first Dwerrow was made, and now the bronze that It holds). That just sort of happened.

Bobb
2015-07-17, 02:58 AM
Greetings, stranger. I am Grimgaldon, god of earth.

These are your creations? Forgive me for interfering in your work. If you could avoid pride, you will see that I have added to them useful skills and knowledge, such that they will be more able to do what you have willed them to.

Grimgaldon had never such a curious god, as obviously this creature had the power of a god. It's creation was able, and Grimgaldon knew more could arise from this one's form.

As to my purpose? I am interested in the society they shall form. I have steered them towards order and law. What ends they pursue is left to them, so long as they do not threaten creation.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-17, 03:17 AM
"Knowledge... order..."

Knowledge is the All-Power. Knowledge is the Key to the Spell. Perhaps these other beings have more Knowledge to contribute. But they must not Know. The Search will be silent and unknowable. Only I shall learn the Spell.

Order brings collaboration. Collaboration brings progress. Progress brings further Knowledge. Knowledge is the All-Power.

Truly, this Grimgaldon has taken actions worthy of commendation. This... gratefulness. It is a new feeling.

"Yes. Your work is appreciated. The Dwerrow are greater for your actions on their behalf."

Bobb
2015-07-17, 04:07 AM
Two things I ask of you. First, that we might refrain from conflict between our creations. Second, I would have a promise of non-aggression between us.

Grimgaldon was beginning to feel secure in his alliances, and would have need of only one or two more.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-17, 04:15 AM
Conflict... aggression... such actions inevitably bring destruction. Destruction brings loss of life and of progress. Loss of progress is loss of Knowledge. Knowledge is the All-Power.

"There shall be no such aggression."

Bobb
2015-07-17, 04:26 AM
Excellent. May I ask your name?

Dannir
2015-07-17, 08:55 PM
Well... The forest Siderh was planning on making... Was finished by another. Well then! "Thank you, lord of the skies. This will allow me to focus my attention elsewhere. If you need the moon's power, healing, or simply a bit more strength, do not hesitate to call on me." She says towards Stormur. She then returns north, forming a few islands in the sea nearby on her way. She then headed just north of the desert, and made the lands there drier. She split the earth, forming serpentine paths of lowered rock throughout the region.
Finally, she made the coast north of her river more similar to the one around that same river.

That was it for changing the land at that time... She had other business to attend to for now. Namely, planning her more direct influence on the world for when more beings walked the lands. She took some her moon's rocks and fashioned a statue out of it... Representing her own likeness, a lady with white, neck-length hair and eyes of an almost-gray blue, standing tall. Though she normally avoids looking ready for battle, the statue represented her wearing plate armor coloured like silver, yet far less malleable. Emblazoned on the breastplace was the new moon, in all its dark splendor. Her helmet hung from her belt, and in her hands was a light longsword. Though, of course, at first glance the statue merely appeared gray. It was when she invested her power into it that it became flesh and steel. She set the statue down near the source of the river, on top of the mountain.

Essentially using all my points to make a whole bunch of islands at 09.04, make 03.01 proper coastal plains, and make canyons at 02.04, shaping the climate to be dry, but survivable in that same hex. Then putting all my domain and normal points into making an avatar: The Lunar Warrior. It represents the Strength aspect of Siderh, both unrefined, pure strength, and her resolve. It's a warrior and a leader, but in the end no more than the result of Siderh investing that aspect of herself into a statue.

Bobb
2015-07-18, 02:06 AM
Sensing the stranger's unwillingness to divulge it's name puzzled Grimgaldon. No matter. Better one that kept secrets than one that lied.

No matter stranger. We are at peace.

Omegonthesane
2015-07-18, 03:51 AM
New life had formed, and infested the mountains relatively close to the desert that Tavteth had created. At last, it could begin to put its escape plan into motion. In order to disprove the basis of dwerrow society, though, it had to observe that society - which at first it could only do by cowering in shadows, for its form was too obvious to simply negotiate.

It did not quickly gain the understanding it needed - but it did quickly gain an idea of how it might gain a more continual observer. Obviously it could probably think of something to sell to one individual dwerrow, but it needed a more lasting and more general-purpose infiltrator, and for that, it needed to create something.

The Hole in the World took silver, a piece of itself, and wood for the base, and fled upwards, into the void above the world. There, beyond prying eyes, it fashioned a pocket mirror that existed in dimensions beyond the usual three, and could reflect more than mere light. When it descended to the world again, it pointed this mirror at the back of a dwerrow, and that dwerrow's reflection was made manifest - as another dwerrow, her own duplicate in every physical way, even of the clothes she wore. This reflection could not be told from the original by any simple observation - its flesh was the same flesh, its bearing was the same bearing, even its knowledge was the same knowledge. However, the Black Mirror was a creation of Tavteth, who rejected the concept of good and law; as such, the Black Mirror's reflection lacked any altruistic urge, and even the things it cared about, it rationalised into being utterly selfish attachments.

Tavteth handed the Black Mirror to the image that it reflected, and set its new spy to work.

12p gained, 3p saved; 1dp gained, 3dp saved

10p: Create Avatar "The Black Mirror", a hand mirror seemingly made of black silver which essentially creates evil clones of mortals, generally sticking to one at a time rather than test its limits. These evil Reflections are how it interacts with the world, and while it theoretically has some control over Reflections, they mostly do their work well enough without such crude poking. Reflections get anything the original was carrying when they got Reflected that an absolutely perfect mortal craftsman could replicate, are just as killable as the original, and die if the original dies (the reverse does not apply). The Black Mirror has limits to what it can reflect, they just happen to be far beyond the limits of mortals (at the very least, no Reflections of other Avatars).

5p remaining; +3 to next roll
4dp remaining

NineOfSpades
2015-07-20, 05:36 PM
Nel took pause, and felt the ebb and flow of the world. Across the surface of the planet, and into its depths, she existed. The animals and plants which had been spread would be born, live and die. Even now, with the arrival of the spark of sentience, with the burrowing dwerrow, she was there. For a moment, she occupied herself tending to a clumsy worker, one who had slipped off of a ladder, falling onto the unforgiving stone far below. She touched his shoulder, and granted him peace as his soul passed into her domian. As it should be, and indeed, as it must be.

But there was something amiss. A disharmony with the balance, one which she'd sensed for a great many ages. It was born into the western lands, and had spread corruption in its wake, blighting the earth and bleeding it dry. There would need be work done here, she required an agent to act on her behalf, so that this corruption could be watched against.

Beside her, Valfar shifted against his chains, baring witness to Nel's work, but not commenting. The dragon had no desire to speak to his captor. The other gods had created life from stone and fire, and Nel had seen the results of their work. It was an adequate start, but she would need something more substantial. Locating a slab of sandstone, one which had sufficient mass for what she envisioned, Nel began to work the stone, giving it a soul, flesh, bone, and life.

The being that came forth was not as immense as her first creation, though she still towered over most smaller creatures. Shaped somewhat in Nel's image, the newly-born woman knelt down in respectful reverance to the Death-god.

"I am Sitre, my lady. You have my thanks for giving me life. What task is it that you require of me? The woman spoke. Valfar snorted in disgust and turned away. He had no desire to observe such a loyal puppet of his enemy.

"Sitre, go to the western lands. The world there is changing, and you shall be my agent there. Magic has been brought into the world: Study it. Learn its secrets. Also, there is a corruption which blights the earth, destroying life and bringing ruin in its wake. It is not a part of the order, and so you shall guard against it. In time, we will raise a city there, and it shall become the seat of your empire."

Sitre nodded, understanding. Without further word, she rose to her feet, and began walking, heading out towards the desert, in serach of its secrets and its power. Imma be making a race of giants, Egyptian flavored!

10 points on Create avatar. 1 point remaining, 4 domain points. +3 to next point roll.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h480/paradoxpanda3/Normal/Historic/artemis_by_tsbranch-d6mu92j_zps9b44ee7a.jpg

Sitre stands at nearly 50 ft tall, with great flaming red hair. Her skin is a dark amber, and her eyes shine like turquoises. Sitre is a loyal servent of Nel, and though her physical might is great, it is supassed by her intelligence and cunning. Sitre is level headed and patient, and acts with care and deliberation in all things.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-20, 11:55 PM
Something had changed the Dwerrow. No longer did their numbers only grow; from time to time It sensed that one of them simply... ceased to be. Gone. Only an inanimate statue left behind. This was... troubling, even to an intellect of Its scale.

Thankfully, these losses were only among the grievously injured or those otherwise unfit for further contributions to knowledge, and they could easily be replaced with another Dwerrow. Keeping a more stable population did reduce the amount of resources they required, after all, and it would not to for a Dwerrow to suffer endlessly should they be damaged beyond repair... perhaps this change may have been for the better.

But some of these Dwerrow ceased activity while holding knowledge that had not yet been shared with its fellows, or with It. This was problematic. But how to prevent this?

Ah, yes. That would work.

The Eye descended once more to the realm of the Dwerrow, and performed a deep and powerful ritual. Within each Dwerrow It instilled yet another spark of Magic, one more subtle and at the same time far stronger than those It had already taught to them. This was no mere trick; it did not conjure fire, nor did it encourage plants to grow, or any of the other myriad spells the Dwerrow had created or been shown. This was something more.

The Dwerrow no longer went about their activities - working, socializing, producing and sharing knowledge and magic - at every hour of the day. Now each of them paused once each day for a few hours at a time, and felt the wisdom and memories of their ancestors, and those of their ancestors' ancestors all the way back to the All-Father, and even the energies and feelings of the Earth itself, flowing through them. Through these dreams the knowledge of the Dwerrow from long ago is passed on to newer generations.

Each Dwerrow enters a deep trance-like state (called the Earth Dream) for four hours of each day, during which they commune with their ancestors, experiencing memories from any or all of the Dwerrow that preceded them. These memories cannot be searched through consciously; the visions a Dwerrow receives are selected seemingly at random from the knowledge and experiences of the dreaming Dwerrow's immediate creator, that Dwerrow's creator, and so on, all the way back to the memories of the All-Father.

The time spent on the Earth Dream isn't four hours of straight ancestral memories; much of it is devoid of past experiences, and in this time a Dwerrow communes with the earth itself, feeling the rhythm and flow of its energies.

The Dwerrow place extreme significance on the Earth Dream; disturbing the Earth Dream of another Dwerrow is a massive faux pas, and is only acceptable when matters of life or death have arisen (e.g. it's okay to wake up an Earth Dreaming Dwerrow if the cave starts to collapse, but not if you just need another guest at your tea party). It is a universal custom for Dwerrow to share the contents of their Earth Dream (both the ancestral memories and the emotions and energies they felt from the earth) with their fellows as part of each morning's meal.

After Earth Dreaming for 4 hours, a Dwerrow gains the same benefit that another race would from 8 hours of sleep. It's basically the Trance ability of PHB Elves, but it's all Dwarfy.

The ancestral memories that a Dwerrow experiences are generally going to be of no particular consequence, but could be used to serve as plot hooks in the event of a particularly significant memory (e.g. one showing the location of a long-lost artifact). Same goes for the sensations received from the earth itself; generally they won't mean much, but if some horrible thing is being done to the natural world in a particular area a Dwerrow who enters the Earth Dream nearby may feel the earth's pain themselves.
The culture of the Dwerrow is highly organized and is made up of four social groups, which function similarly to castes but do not have a hierarchy: the Mages, the Craftsmen, the Warriors, and the Harvesters. Mages (which include priests, who are just as likely to be wizards as they are to be clerics) and Warriors are self-explanatory, Harvesters are those who collect raw materials (miners, farmers, loggers), and Craftsmen are those who take the raw materials from the Harvesters and convert them to finished goods (woodworkers, bakers, smiths). The groups are nominally equal but the Mages are the generally highest-regarded (and richest), followed by the Warriors, then the Craftsmen, then the Harvesters. It is rare for a Dwerrow to belong to a different group than their creator.

Mages adventure to further their knowledge and to make great magical discoveries to improve their prestige in dwarven lands. Warriors adventure to stop potential threats to the Dwerrow. Harvesters adventure to make a better life for themselves than farming or mining. Craftsmen tend not to adventure.

Dwerrow tend to live in groups of between four and eight members of each generation, spanning two or sometimes three generations for a usual total of somewhere between ten and twenty-five. Each such social unit is called a clan, and members are generally all of the same social group and perform most tasks (working, eating, Earth Dreaming, socializing) together. Small clans, especially those with only a handful of members, may group together, and larger clans tend to naturally separate themselves into one or more smaller social groups which inevitably turn into separate clans. Clans also tend to belong to larger groups known as Assemblies which exist for primarily economic and political purposes; for example, every Assembly in a city may have one or more representatives in the local government. Assemblies also form alliances with other Assemblies that are known as Great Houses, each of which is named after its foremost Assembly (determined by political power, wealth, numbers, and how long each Assembly has been in the Great House).

Due to their asexual means of reproduction, Dwerrow do not experience romantic love, but are nonetheless capable of forming very strong bonds of respect and caring with other individuals.
The Dwerrow mostly worship three gods:
1. The All-Father: the first Dwerrow. Only shared ancestor of all current Dwerrow. Worshipped exclusively by Dwerrow. Public worship of the All-Father by non-Dwerrow is a serious crime in dwarven lands; only a Dwerrow can revere the All-Father properly, for only they carry His ancestral memories deep in their subconsciouses. The fact that the Dwerrow don't like non-Dwerrow revering the All-Father won't be relevant until other races appear but as soon as they do it will be an element of the cultures and religion of the Dwerrow.
2. The Star-Eye: creator of the All-Father; known in the more formal, academic circles as the Eye in the Dark. The Dwerrow know vaguely of Its form (an eye with tentacles, depicted in Its holy symbol) and place of origin (although they know nothing more detailed than "descended from the stars", because that's how Yathogg explained it to the All-Father) through ancestral memories from the All-Father. Also worshipped by others as a god of magic (or at least It will be when there are other races).
3. Grimgaldon: although he was not involved in the creation of the Dwerrow and is not himself a Dwerrow, his power is respected and his kindness admired among the Dwerrow due to his role in guiding them forwards. Also worshipped by others as an earth god (or at least he will be eventually).

The Dwerrow also recognize most of the other gods (Stormur, Sol Invictus, Nel, Kalandor, Myah, Siderh, Neroneh), but they are not worshipped on any particularly large scale. For example, a prayer to Nel may be given at ceremonies for the dead, but

bardanicer
2015-07-24, 10:18 AM
15 energy
4 domain

Spending 10 energy to Create Avatar - The Black Judge.

Will edit post with flavor later. Sorry everyone.

Omegonthesane
2015-08-02, 09:25 AM
The deathlord had not been idle. No doubt fearing the truth that Tavteth would inflict upon the world, and not satisfied with the thing she had imprisoned and the thing she had built, she had made another giant to invade the desert.

That meant a change of plan.

From the southernmost end of the desert, the Hole in the World fled to the ice of the southern pole. There, it wandered for years, finally settling on a place where it was unlikely to be found.

It was not in the nature of entropy to raise things up; instead, Tavteth allowed some of the surrounding snows to melt faster. It extended its rage to the north, and the ground cracked, forming a channel that would become a river - a foul, dirty thing that spread pollution and disease to any water it came in contact with.

From this crack had come matter, and from this matter Tavteth worked to form a series of mountains in the coldest reaches. It had no direct power over cold, but the cold of the ice was no more unfamiliar than the cold of the void, and it was unlikely that mortals would come this far to interfere with things they ought not to understand. From here, while the world was built, while the Black Mirror - and later servants, when ideas came to mind - wore away at the laws of men, Tavteth would construct the place from where it could erode the laws of matter.

~~~

In the years since its creation, the Black Mirror had gone about its work among the Dwerrow. Many were selfish enough to make deals with mysterious benefactors who seemed to demand so little in exchange - just rumours, or a delivery, or to hurt someone who was already a foe, and they would have gold and pleasures to suit. Indeed, for the most part the Black Mirror's prices were not to hand over a resource, but to put a crack in the payer's integrity, to make them break the laws they believed in so as to weaken their belief in those laws.

Once a suitably large number of corrupt Dwerrow had been identified - or made - the Black Mirror formed them into a group, a mystery cult focused around the worship of the so-called Liberator, a purported god of freedom and pleasure who exhorted followers to do as they pleased. Of course, most people were there to make criminal contacts, paying only lip-service to the theology - the Red Brotherhood was a gang wearing the trappings of a cult, and its worship rites were meant more as communal entertainments than as meaningful requests for divine aid.

12p gained, 5p saved; 1dp gained, 4dp saved

9p: Shape Land on 06.08 and 06.07 to create a foul polluted river fed with meltwater from 05.08, filled with diseased water that shortens the life of any poor sod who drinks it (including trees, which sicken, bear less fruit, and have shorter lifespans)

3p: Shape Land on 05.09 to create a series of mountains - large enough to contain valleys.

1dp (Evil: Corruption): Command the Black Mirror to create an Order in the Dwerrow "The Black Skull", a mystery cult consisting of a self-centred band of malcontents willing to aid dark and mysterious forces they don't quite understand if it gives them a short-term profit.

5p remaining; +3 to next power roll
4dp remaining