PDA

View Full Version : Half-Fey Suggestions

torrasque666
2015-07-11, 03:37 PM
Soooo in my ever-continuing quest to make backup characters, I've decided that since I like my current character I will continue his legacy. Namely by my backup being one of my current character's kids. Which means that his race is locked in as a Half-Fey Silverbrow Human. But I got no idea what to do with him concept-wise.

So In short, things that are locked:
Race: Half-Fey Silverbrow Human
Ability Scores: 18, 16, 16, 14, 13, 10 (to be placed where ever)
Alignment: LG or NG

Everything else is free to change so...... ideas?

I usually play beatsticks but I'm trying to not just remake the current PC. If someone could give me a build that makes decent use of a lance while not mounted, that'd be cool too.

Hiro Quester
2015-07-11, 03:54 PM
A half fey gets Dex +2, Con -2, Wis +2, Cha +4. are those factored in?

Either way, these stats would be great for a bard (or bard/sublime chord). Awesome if you can take the 18 in CHA and then add your +4 to it.

Put the 16s into Dex and CON (to keep you alive; become 18 and 14), next best into int (for skills). Or reverse Con and Cha for 16 CON and 20 CHA (but I'd do the former).

Learn the spell Thunderlance at 4th level. A lance of pure force that weighs almost nothing, uses your casting stat instead of STR for to hit and damage, and is instantly retractable for up to 20 foot reach.

A butterfly-winged half-fey, flying above much of the fray, singing inspiring songs for her teammates, while stabbing the bad guys with a 20 foot retractable lance from above. Take extend spell, persistent spell and practical metamagic to be able to persist the spell at high levels (only works on sublime chord build).

torrasque666
2015-07-11, 03:57 PM
No, those numbers are just the rolls.

And the lance thing was more for their father's (my current PC) Ancestral Relic Lance.

A_S
2015-07-11, 04:07 PM
How is LA being handled in your game? Is buyoff allowed? And/or will you be able to use the Half-Fey savage progression (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a)?

Bard or Bard/Sublime Chord/etc. is definitely a good option. You could also be a Bardsader or Bardblade and take ubercharger feats, to make better use of your lance.

torrasque666
2015-07-11, 04:11 PM
Buyoff is allowed and I personally refuse to use savage progressions. Except in the case of the ones listed in Savage Species, where you had to finish it out.

Character is 15th level now, but will likely hit epic.

Jowgen
2015-07-11, 04:51 PM
I suggest optimizing for Cha with complete abandon and doing all the X stat to Y things.

Paladin for Cha to saves, that OA class to get Cha to saves again, Battledancer for Cha to AC, Charming the Arrow for cha to atk with ranged weapons, Slippers of battledancing for Cha to Atk and damage (might work well with a skirmish build); all of those are great options, and Cha is obviously the casting stat for your SLA's, which are rather nice. Also, with Silverbrow human, you always have Disguise as a class skill, so you can throw in some skill ranks to make it an infiltrator/party-face as well.

With Cha, the options are endless. :smallcool:

Sagetim
2015-07-12, 03:49 AM
Depending on the setting, you could also run a wicked Half-Fey Oriental Adventures Samurai/Iajutsu Master. At 5 in the prestige class you would start adding your cha mod to each extra damage die from iajutsu focus attacks (which simply require you to draw your weapon and attack a flat footed opponent). At 10 in iajutsu master you always get a surprise round at the start of combat. It's a simple and elegant cheese. Further, while iajutsu master gets better with katana, it doesn't specify katana's in most of their class abilities (the capstone does, but even so...). So your character could use his father's lance with most of the abilities, from horseback. The abilities that do specify katana in iajtusu master are: Weapon finesse (Katana), One Strike Two Cuts, and the capstone "Strike With No Thought". So...if you find yourself needing to end a fool, you could potentially charge in and use a ride by attack and make a standard action attack with your katana for a double dose of charisma boosted Iaijutsu.

Iaijutsu Master also gets charisma bonus to init..so...yeah. And I suppose you could round out the last four levels with paladin if you wanted. And when it goes epic, pick to either continue paladin, or do epic progression with Iaijutsu Master. I'd probably go paladin though, for more smites, more spells, etc.

You could always go with a turn happy cleric though, with pumped out charisma and dropping a +1 level up point into one of those 16's to turn it into an 19 wisdom for 9th level spells. Sure, that minimizes your casting to a certain degree, but on the other hand it means that character can literally do a fly over and wipe out masses of undead with each turn. If you wanted really good spellcasting though, Shugenja is a full divine spontaneous caster with charisma based casting, though they do have to play the elements game with their spells.