PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need a draconic type template for a +2 LA

lytokk
2015-07-12, 10:54 AM
So, long story short, a player of mine wants to get rid of her Halfling rogues current template and get some sort of draconic template. The game's in an hour. They're in front of a truly ancient green dragon who promised them all a favor. So, yeah. I could take half dragon and water it down, but I was wondering if the forum had any ideas.

ShurikVch
2015-07-12, 11:08 AM
Green Dragonspawn (Bestiary of Krynn)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-07-12, 11:29 AM
Green Dragonspawn from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting is +2 LA. It gives +7 natural armor, wings and a fly speed (double land speed, average), two claws and a bite (1d4 medium), a breath weapon usable every 2d4 rounds (30 ft. cone of acidic gas, 4d6 Fort half), the ability to cast spells as a 1st level Sorcerer (or +1 level of Sorcerer casting), low-light vision, Darkvision 30 ft., Str +2, Con +2, Cha +2, and death throes which deals 2d6 acid in a 10 ft. radius (Fort half, breath DC) when you're killed.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2015-07-12, 12:06 PM
White Dragonspawn are +1 LA. Could also do two levels of the Half-Dragon savage progression. The draconic template is +1 LA. Dragontouched feat.

Sagetim
2015-07-12, 01:49 PM
I might be late to the suggestion party but there's always:

Dragontouched (+1 LA, I think? Or maybe +0?)

And maybe Dragonborn (+....0? LA? It's not higher than 2, that's for sure)

But yeah, go with green dragonspawn from dragonlance. Sure it means dying when you're killed and being hard to res, but it's also got some really wicked bonuses in that natural armor and straight up flight there.

lytokk
2015-07-12, 02:02 PM
Well, after two players showed up an hour late and another two showed up 2 hours late, I called the game, so I've got plenty of time to come up with something, but thank you all for the help.

Sagetim
2015-07-13, 01:31 AM
Sure, if worse comes to worse use google fu to find the master list of templates or something and it should help you find most of what's out there in 3.5

Mr Adventurer
2015-07-13, 03:40 AM
The Draconic template is a light-touch +1 LA, if that would work.

Abithrios
2015-07-13, 10:18 AM
One thing to keep in mind is how well it works with the character. More details on the character (and maybe the existing template(s)) might help the people here give better advice.