PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Is there a way to view series in Netflix as a list instead of four at a time?

gomipile
2015-07-12, 04:45 PM
Netflix's new interface has rolled out to me, and it's okay for movies, but godawful for series. It only lets me see four episodes at a time instead of an entire season as a list.

Is there a browser-independent way of viewing seasons of a series as a single list instead of in blocks of four?

KillianHawkeye
2015-08-07, 01:01 PM
Have you tried getting the Netflix app instead of using their website? The app's UI doesn't sound anything like that.

gomipile
2015-08-07, 04:03 PM
Have you tried getting the Netflix app instead of using their website? The app's UI doesn't sound anything like that.

Should I have said browser-and-OS-independent? Sometimes all I have is Firefox, etc. I can't always depend on access to a Chrome app like I can a website.

cobaltstarfire
2015-08-07, 04:48 PM
I know there is a way to look at the whole series on a single page via the actual website.

We usually just add what we want to watch to our watch list and watch it from there, so I don't know off the top of my head how to do it, but I know it's possible.

If someone hasn't posted a solution by the time I get a chance to check it out I'll be back.

Edit 2:

I don't know if it's something that can be changed in the settings (netflix is watched on the guys computer so he may have changed something), but looking at any series now netflix shows more than 4 episodes, even if it isn't added to our list. I tried clicking on a series on the front page, and it auto played, but when I hit back it had the series stuff listed in the top section and you could arrow through the episodes.

KillianHawkeye
2015-08-07, 11:36 PM
Should I have said browser-and-OS-independent? Sometimes all I have is Firefox, etc. I can't always depend on access to a Chrome app like I can a website.

Sorry, didn't realize you were watching Netflix from multiple devices. I was referring to the app for Windows or your friendly neighborhood game console, btw; no idea about Chrome having apps since I mainly use Firefox.

gomipile
2015-08-08, 02:53 AM
Sorry, didn't realize you were watching Netflix from multiple devices. I was referring to the app for Windows or your friendly neighborhood game console, btw; no idea about Chrome having apps since I mainly use Firefox.

It's no dice that way anyway. I assumed you were right about the Chrome app, but the Chrome Netflix "app" is just a button that redirects to the website.

I want this for Linux computers and a Chromebook, so a Windows app does me very little good. The interface on my mobile devices and set top box are the same as they've always been. That is, the apps are decent for continuing watching stuff, but not so great for discovering new stuff to watch. I'd like to get both in the website, like it used to be.