PDA

View Full Version : Soul Stealing Beauty (monster)

jindra34
2007-04-30, 08:39 PM
Lillium
Medium Outsider (Evil, Extra Planar)
HD 14d8 +42 (105 hp)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares); Flight 90 ft. (Good)
Init: +5
Aromor Class 18 (+5 dex, +3 Natural Armor); touch 15; flat-footed 13
BAB +14; Grp +16
Attack Claw +19
(1d8+2, 20/x2)
Full-Attack 2 Claws + 19 (1d8 +2, 20/x2)
Space/Reach 5 ft/5 ft.
Special Attacks Essence Drain, Soul Capture, Paralyzing Aura
Special Qualities Human Imitation, DR 10 (Cold Iron or Silver) and Magic Immunity to electricity and poison, Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10, Spell Like Abilities, Oathbinging
Saves Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13
Abilities Str 14, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 24
Skills
Feats Flyby attack, Improved Unarmed Strike, Combat Reflexes, Improved Grapple, Weapon Finesse
Environment Lower Planes
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating15 ?
TreasureTriple gems
Alignment Any Evil
Advancement by Class

This beautiful lady seems broiled in fury.

Lillium’s are created when a female spirit twists itself with hatred and anger. When such a spirit reaches its afterlife it twists itself into a form capable of carrying out it hatred and anger. The spirit then loses all sense of its former life and becomes a soul hunting entity.

Combat

A Lillium’s strategy is to paralyze as many enemies as possible in the first round and then kill the remaining ones, followed by draining of paralyzed foes essence. If in a hopeless fight a Lillium tries to bargain for its life, sometimes offering souls of the deceased in exchange for its freedom.

Spell Like Abilities (Sp): At will: Hold Monster (DC 22), True sight, Tongues as caster level 14, save charisma based

Paralyzing Aura (Su): All creatures within 30 ft. must make a Will save (DC 24 charisma based) each minute or be paralyzed for 1 minute. Success renders a creature immune for 24 hours.
Soul Capture: Any creature killed by a Lillium’s natural weapons or Essence Drain has their soul stolen by the Lillium, this ability is like soul trap except it does not need a gem. The Lillium can release any soul they have captured as a free action.

Essence Drain (Su): Any creature in the same square as a Lillium takes 1d3 Str, Dex and Con damage every turn.

Human Imitation (Su): A Lillium can disguise itself as a member of its former race without the need for a disguise check. When using this ability a Lillium has a -6 penalty to charisma.

Oathbinding (Su): Any pact a Lillium makes involving souls is binding on both sides and requires a DC 30 will save to break. This save is charisma based and has includes a +6 racial bonus.

How does it look? I know its incomplete need skills and better description. I'm asking for a little help here... so would anyone mind putting in some input?

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-01, 11:33 AM
Very solid creature this and gives true meaning to 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'. Perhaps you could also have that these women made a deal with the hells to wreak vengeance? Otherwise becoming a 14 hd hellion would be unlikely (though I admit this IS D&D here).

Medium Outside (Evil)
Outsider :smallwink:

Also need to give it the Extraplanar or Native subtype.

The former means its wholey a creature of the outter planes.

The latter means it still has strong ties to its formerly material plane existence.

HD 14d8 (115 hp)
Need to mention the bonus HP from its Constitution score. Its con modifier is +3, so multiply its HD x 3 to get the bonus.

So it should read 14d8+32 (95 hp)

You calculate average HP thusly:
HD (14) x 1/2.5 die type (d8 becomes 4.5, d6 becomes 3.5, d10 5.5, etc) + bonus HP

Speed 30 ft. (6 squares); Flight 90 ft. (18 squares)
Should be Fly 90 ft. (maneuverability)

Maneuverability is as follows:
Clumsy (chicken), Poor (large bird like a vulture), Average (normal bird), Good (hummingbird), or Perfect (ghosts).

AC 18; touch 15; flat-footed 13
(+5 dex, +3 Natural Armor)
This should be listed thusly:
Armor Class: 18 (+5 dex, +3 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 13

However, this is awfully low. I'd suggest at least adding a deflection bonus equal to her charisma-modifier, ideally also increasing natural armor as well.

BAB +10; Grp +12
Outsiders have a Base Attack equal to their Hit Dice. So its base attack should be 14. Grapple becomes 16.

It would be listed:
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+16

Attack Claw +15 (1d8+3, 20/x2)
Full-Attack 2 Claws + 15 (1d8 +3, 20/x2)
Attack should be claw(s) +19 melee (Base Attack (14) + Dex mod (5))
Damage should be 1d8+2 as their strength modifier is only +2.

Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.

Saves Fort +13 Ref +15 Will +17
14th level outsiders have base saves of 9. Thus these should be 12, 14, 13.

Skills
These poor guys need some learnings.

Outsiders get skill points equal to (8 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.

Feats Flyby attack, Improve Natural Attack, Combat Reflexes, Improved Grapple, Weapon Finesse
Improve natural attack is pretty much a wasted feat unless you are advancing a monster. Just give it the damage you want it to deal in the first place and find him another feat to play with.

Challenge Rating15 ?
I'd give her a 13 or so.

Alignment Neutral Evil
I'd go more for 'Any Evil' as these maddened women could be just about anything. Some may just be plain homicidal maniacs or sadists who like to slowly and with great skill and subtelty destroy the lives of those that wronged them.

Paralyzing Aura (Su): All creatures within 30 ft. must make a Will save (DC 25 charisma based) each minute or be paralyzed for 1 minute. Success renders a creature immune for 24 hours.[/quote]
DC should be 24.

Essence Drain (Su): Any creature in the same square as a Lillium takes 1d3 Str, Dex and Con damage every turn.
No save?

Human Imitation (Su): A Lillium can disguise itself as a member of its former race without the need for a disguise check. When using this ability a Lillium has a -6 penalty to charisma.
Do you mean takes a -6 penalty to Charisma-based skill checks?

Oathbinding (Su): Any pact a Lillium makes involving souls is binding on both sides and requires a DC 45 will save to break.
Thats a bit rough... how about make it a DC 30. Charisma-based with a +6 racial bonus to the save.

jindra34
2007-05-01, 12:24 PM
Very solid creature this and gives true meaning to 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'. Perhaps you could also have that these women made a deal with the hells to wreak vengeance? Otherwise becoming a 14 hd hellion would be unlikely (though I admit this IS D&D here).
I'll think on that, but most souls like this are probably actively recruited by the agents of the lower planes

However, this is awfully low. I'd suggest at least adding a deflection bonus equal to her charisma-modifier, ideally also increasing natural armor as well.

Thinking on this too... more just need a justification

These poor guys need some learnings.

Outsiders get skill points equal to (8 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.

Thats one of the things i was hoping the forums could help out with

Do you mean takes a -6 penalty to Charisma-based skill checks?

nope i meant -6 penalty to Charisma... a 24 charisma entity is not likely to blend in well.
Also do you have any suggestions on additional Feats (considering i just dropped one), or on how to raise the CR?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-01, 02:46 PM
You know. I can't actually distinguish this from a Vampire.

jindra34
2007-05-01, 02:49 PM
You know. I can't actually distinguish this from a Vampire.

1. it does not create minions
2. its movement is not restricted
3. it does not need to bite to drain
4. can look completely normal
5. can be banished
6. covering your eyes will not help you move
7. has ability to bind others to word

is that enough diferences?

Ramos
2007-05-01, 03:12 PM
Weren't Lillim the demonic children of Lilith? (Adam's supposed first wife)

jindra34
2007-05-01, 03:38 PM

Check the name. Might have mispelled it once but that is not its name.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-05-01, 03:56 PM
*blinks*

Now thats one I ain't heard.

Innis Cabal
2007-05-01, 03:58 PM
its true, they are much like vampires only they can sire children

jindra34
2007-05-01, 05:11 PM
Remaining Feat Slot Filled

jindra34
2007-05-02, 09:05 PM
Bump
Besides the superficial what else do people think?
I also feel like i should give them some ability that makes them want to hunt souls... what do you people think?

Matthew
2007-05-14, 09:36 PM
Seems good. I think I would like a bit more fluff, but it's looking pretty solid overall.

DracoDei
2007-05-15, 10:55 AM
The no-save attribute loss bit for being in the same square still seems a bit much, especially for something that generally paralyzes before feeding. One should be able to grapple these things to keep them from escaping while you bargain with them (including I will make your the end of your existence painless rather than dripping holy water into your eyes and other sensitive locations while occasionally having someone cast Inflict spells so I can do it again.)