PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tiny Balors

squab
2015-07-12, 10:54 PM
So basically I read this (http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/post/121928691001/we-dont-have-any-tiny-balors-we-need-to-make) and I thought it sounded like a conversation me and a friend would have. And we're planning on co-DMing a campaign sometime soon if we can get more players. He's world building and after a chat with him about that post, he named one of the islands "the land of tiny balors" in whichthere may or may not actually be any balors there". This means if I'm DMing at that point, and have stats for tiny balors, that island can have tiny balors.

tl;dr I would this board's undying pledge of loyalty help in statting out tiny balors.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-12, 10:59 PM
We can't help you without knowing what CR they're supposed to be. If you resized them to Tiny (applying relevant ability modifiers), they'd still be quite high-level threats thanks to the SLAs. If you took Quasits and renamed them to "Tiny Balors", they'd be CR 2.

squab
2015-07-12, 11:08 PM
Oh. Hmm. I'd imagine, well, Balor Lords are CR25, Balors are CR20, so I'd put a tiny balor at... let's say level 15? (I'd also like room for hypothetical small balors to exist.) Flavor wise, they're certainly weaker then normal Balors but still threatening. And assuming my co-DM puts up with this silliness, they look like tiny, adorable chibi version of balors.

EDIT: Some thoughts.... keep true-seeing, unholy aura, dispel magic and teleport as At Will abilities (instead of the greater version.) Lose the 1/day summon and lower the DCs on their abilities.

Gwaednerth
2015-07-13, 12:26 AM
You can dock a couple Hit Dice, which are basically monster levels. All the saves, DCs, BAB, HP, etc. is based on the balor's hit dice.

Nifft
2015-07-13, 12:33 AM
Obviously what happened is some Balors watched too much anime, and decided that they'd do the thing where they keep getting bigger and more monstrous as they gain power, until -- for no apparent reason -- their most powerful form is the size of a normal human.

But at the point they decided that, they were already horrifyingly ancient and terribly Colossal, and they'd really lost any sense of scale. So they overcompensated and became Tiny instead of Medium.

Use the stats for a Balor Lord Warblade 20, except scaled down to be Tiny.