PDA

View Full Version : Give me a character plot hook about a warforged created in the feywilds

CyberThread
2015-07-12, 11:08 PM
So here we go basic idea

Why would the feywilds somehow create a warforged ? Not some sort of metal factor, I guess I aiming towards a sort of wooden doll coming alive or wooden sculture?

Ramshack
2015-07-12, 11:18 PM
So here we go basic idea

Why would the feywilds somehow create a warforged ? Not some sort of metal factor, I guess I aiming towards a sort of wooden doll coming alive or wooden sculture?

To act as a guardian against the threats of their plane.

Maybe a pixie wanted to mess with a doll maker and brought one to life.

Some would be traveler asked for immortality and was thrust into the body of a machine.

A widower captured a faerie in an attempt to bring their dead spouse back and the soul was placed inside of a doll like body.

You are in a fact a a toy of a small child who has been kidnapped or worse and their fairy god mother awoken you to rescue them

CyberThread
2015-07-12, 11:33 PM
To act as a guardian against the threats of their plane.

Some would be traveler asked for immortality and was thrust into the body of a machine.

You are in a fact a a toy of a small child who has been kidnapped or worse and their fairy god mother awoken you to rescue them

These three have a sort of nice dark mix.

Toy of a faire creature instead of a mortal child, brought to life throught the stolen spirit pushed into the toy, and bound to be a servant or defender of the realm.

Ramshack
2015-07-12, 11:55 PM
These three have a sort of nice dark mix.

Toy of a faire creature instead of a mortal child, brought to life throught the stolen spirit pushed into the toy, and bound to be a servant or defender of the realm.

Glad I could help give some inspiration :)

Thisguy_
2015-07-13, 01:25 AM
The feywilds are a strange and curious place. They spin and they glow with magics controlled by no man, and they are filled with mischievous fey creatures, and even plants and animals who live there take on the aspects of the fey residents.

The magic of the feywild will, on very rare occasion, surely sire such a creature: not quite an awakened plant, not quite a fey... loose lumber from lightning strikes, snowfall. The rare green leaf which fall into a pile just right, and a touch of magic can finish the creation, a wooden doll imbued with the power of the wilds.

By great, almost insurmountable odds, this thing has come into being. Could there be an ulterior motive? Do the wilds think and feel like their residents? Or is something sinister at work?

Steampunkette
2015-07-13, 01:31 AM
Keep the metal and the basic warforged identity and hiatory. Shift it into the Feywild and have Oberon or Celeborn or someone have gnomes craft metalwork soldiers.

Hellboy, the Golden Army style!

goto124
2015-07-13, 03:02 AM
loose lumber from lightning strikes, snowfall. The rare green leaf which fall into a pile just right, and a touch of magic can finish the creation, a wooden doll imbued with the power of the wilds.

I was thinking more of 'a child accidentally dropped a doll in a forest...'

Inevitability
2015-07-13, 06:40 AM
Remember that the fluff of being a tall metal man is just fluff. Warforged made out of wood, vines, or even bones and flesh if you want to be a bit more macabre is just as possible. You could go all the way from a human-sized Pinocchio to the terminator and still have both concepts be best represented by being a warforged.

Some fluff ideas:

-A few pixies decided to give a young child a 'friend' after they saw him crying lonely. Sadly, it turned out young kids don't appreciate seeing a 6-ft. tall creature made of wood and rope shambling towards them in the middle of a dark forest, and the child ran away. The warforged, trying to cling to his only reason for existing, has been searching for the child so far.

-In the depths of the feywild, a colony of myconids grew a body out of fungi and rotting plant matter. Upon finishing the creature, it was given sentience and life over the course of a century by connecting it to myconids who were about to die, transferring their life force and some of their memories and personality into the construct. The strange part? The myconids should not have had knowledge of such advanced magic... yet they did. Why? No one is sure.

-An archfey was killed by a rival, but on the verge of dying (s)he managed to possess a mask lying nearby. For a thousand years, the archfey saw through the mask's eyes how his kingdom was changed into something that better suited his rival, powerless to do anything or even inform others of his presence. Then one day, the archfey started to feel his power returning. He focused for years, decades, centuries at a time, until he finally managed to slowly draw small bits of matter towards his vessel. After what seemed like ages, a body made of leaves holding up an unmoving, eyeless mask stood. It turned around, then slowly started to walk away.

Slipperychicken
2015-07-13, 06:57 AM
A wizard decided to meddle with nature by fusing metal to a dryad (or other living wood)'s flesh, with the intention of creating a greater warrior. The metal stripped the dryad of its nature powers and gave it some warforged traits; the resulting creature is an abomination of shame and suffering, no longer able to bond with her tree as she once could. Fueled by vengeance, its animating purpose is to spread pain and strife in revenge for this cruel fate.

Whyrocknodie
2015-07-16, 04:02 PM
snip

That last one is excellent. I am stealing it.

Shining Wrath
2015-07-17, 06:34 AM
Hello, Geppetto!

Seriously. Lonely guy / gal out in the woods makes wooden figures for company (think "Wilson" in Castaway), and some fey, out of mercy or mischief, animates them. And they aren't obedient, and get into trouble, and so on.

Eventually the lonely guy comes out of the woods with his horde of wooden friends and the local baron has a "Oh, my" moment.

Ralanr
2015-07-17, 07:51 AM
Keep the metal and the basic warforged identity and hiatory. Shift it into the Feywild and have Oberon or Celeborn or someone have gnomes craft metalwork soldiers.

Hellboy, the Golden Army style!

Yes!

I'd also suggest having a warforged going in for a downgrade. Like Bender.

Ramshack
2015-07-17, 02:04 PM
That last one is excellent. I am stealing it.

Thanks! I particularly liked that one as well!