PDA

View Full Version : Would Dm's Have a problem with this variant?

Masakan
2015-07-13, 04:00 AM
Basically I'm trying to make a certain Bard Build, Essentially a Dancer bard. But I keep running into a Dead End.
I know one way that would streamline it to flow nicely, but I wonder if dm's would have an issue with it.
It's slightly homebrewy but at the same time it just takes parts from battle dancer and Bard and makes it Unique.

http://hastur.net/wiki/Mystic_Dancer_%28D%26D_Bard_variant%29

Would Dm's have a Problem with this?

Brookshw
2015-07-13, 07:55 AM
Hmmm, so in a nut shell, monk meets bard. Yeah, its not bad, I'd be okay with it from a quick glance. Definitely could be built up into some fun things. Might want to specify they're proficient with unarmed strikes :smallwink:

KillianHawkeye
2015-07-14, 06:47 AM
The answer to "Would DMs have a problem with this?", no matter what "this" you're talking about, depends entirely on who you ask. The opinions of random people on the Internet won't count for much if your actual, real-life DM won't let you use something.

Telonius
2015-07-14, 07:23 AM
Ascetic Knight for Bards baked into a class, with a dash of Dervish, and Knight's Challenge instead of Suggestion. This does seem slightly more powerful than a typical Bard, but not unreasonably so. Less versatile for losing Suggestion; more combat-oriented. I could see allowing this.

anti-ninja
2015-07-14, 12:08 PM
I see no problem with it.

JoshuaD
2015-07-14, 12:19 PM
Seems fine to me. Its got a little more in-class power than a bard, but not if you take into account all of the alternate features you can pick up with the bard that aren't available to this class. I think this is fine, and it's got cool flavor.