PDA

View Full Version : Hyper-Gestalt: PF Paladin, 3.5 Divine Mind. 3.5 Soulborn

Segev
2015-07-13, 09:53 AM
Two of these three classes are amongst the worst in the game, behind even Monk or Fighter in a lot of ways. The third is, at best, passably Tier 3.

What happens if you gestalt all three together? Obviously, unless you're removing the Paladin's alignment restriction, the other two become strictly LG applications, but that's not nearly as big of a deal as other aspects.

At levels 1-3, it doesn't change much; most of the powers overlap or are redundant with the Paladin's capabilities (which is part of what makes the other two so bad: they're actively worse than the Paladin at low level), though I believe the Divine Mind starts getting aura benefits right away.

By 4th level, the Paladin's spellcasting comes online, as do the Divine Mind's psionic powers and the Soulborn's soulmelds. Is access to two half-caster spell alotments (one of them divine, the other psionic) and soulmelds enough to make this hyper-gestalt a fully useable and useful PC?

Taveena
2015-07-13, 10:03 AM
Well, with Paladin spellcasting (and thus Lion's Charge) you can now make a passable ubercharger. For the most part the Divine Mind isn't going to add anything to the build - the Paladin list does /so/ much more, but I guess getting Dimension Hop as a power known saves you having to prepare it. Sapphire Smite applies to both sources of smite, and thus gives double investment in uses/day, so Charging Smite gets a bit nastier.

Segev
2015-07-13, 10:23 AM
I'm pretty sure lion's charge is Ranger-only, not Paladin. (I thought I had to talk my DM into allowing the Paladin I'm playing to add it to his list on the grounds that it SHOULD be a Paladin spell.)

Snowbluff
2015-07-13, 04:29 PM
Don't worry, that rosy shield means he's only posing as a paladin. He meant Rhino Rush. :smalltongue:

Not that you need it. Litany of Righteousness fills the same role in PF.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-13, 04:37 PM
I think what is meant is Psionic Lion's Charge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicLionsCharge.htm), acquired via Divine Mind. That + Thunderstep Boots + Rhino's Rush ported into Pathfinder does make a pretty effective ubercharger.

Pluto!
2015-07-13, 09:35 PM
Starting at about level 8, Divine Mind is a real class. I mean people talk it down due to an abysmal level 1-7, but at high levels, it effectively has Time Stop, Celerity, mini-shapechange and standard-action full-augmented Astral Constructs. Its endurance isn't great, but infinite pp tricks are a dime a dozen.

Soulborn, well, yeah. It's pretty bad.