View Full Version : Buy sell or hold!

dragoncmd
2007-05-01, 12:37 AM
Ok everyone, lets play a game of buy sell or hold! You have 1000$, Here are your stock options.

Current prices (5/12/07
NOTICE: DOOM has split, for any share of doom that you held on May 12, you also have one share in RDCL (Redcloak + goblin army)

OOTS 11$ a share (their current market strategy seems to be to distract consumers from remembering the death of their CEO, and it seems toe be slowly working)
HNJO 13$ a share (still looking strong)
DOOM 7$ a share (one of the three leading board members has atarted his own company, taking with him some of DOOM's primary assets)
LIGD 5$ a share (going nowhere fast)
MIKO 3$ a share (in a race with LIGD to nowhere)
SNRL 14$ a share (lack of interest from investors is hurting stock prices, and the diminishing chances of a contract between SNRL and DOOM are lowing stock prices)
RDCL 7$ a share (A former high ranking executive in DOOM has taken control of the company's assets and created another corporation.

(5/8/07)
OOTS 10$ a share (Despite prospects of a return of their CEO, this company seems to have lost the trust of consumers, holding steady for now)
HNJO 12$ a share (A 50% price jump, Consumers are loving this one, and with an excellent buisness stragety unveiled, its no wonder why!)
DOOM 13$ a share (Slight lowering of confidence after their CEO was caught off guard when he found out that not only has he failed to buy a majority of HNJO's stock, but they have bought a large portion of DOOM)
LIGD 5$ a share (no change in prospects here)
MIKO 3$ a share (Still ranting in prision)
SNRL 16$ a share (it seems that hopes that DOOM would give a large loan to this company have been dashed, but SNRL is still in the market)

(5/4/07)
OOTS 10$ a share (amazingly holding well but only being sustained by the buyers trying to get in on the low price)
DOOM: 15$ a share (The CEO suceeded in a major transaction getting close to a hostile takeover of HNJO)
LIGD: 5$ a share (no major changes)
MIKO: 3$ a share (no major changes
HNJO: 8$ a share (losing control of multiple board positions due to DOOM's investment in their stock)
SNRL: 17$ a share (going up since HNJO has lost exclusive rights to one of the rapidly decreasing number of gates.)

OOTS: 10$ a share (an all time low price due to the death of Roy.)
DOOM: 12$ a share (extremely unstable right now)
LIGD (linear guild): 5$ a share (A real steal! They're in jail, but you never know what might happen!)
HNJO (Hinjo and co.): 10$ a share
MIKO: 3$ a share (in jail without powers, but blackguard prospects are still there! a risky bet but it could pay!)
SNRL (god killing chaos): 15$ a share (It might go up, but if it does you can't cash in!)

Whats in your portfolio?

Here's mine:
22 shares RDCL (154)
10 shares MIKO (30)
10 shares LIGD (50)
39 shares OOTS (429)
40 shares HNJO (520)

Net worth: $1223

gadren
2007-05-01, 12:59 AM
100 Shares in OOTS.
Its all about long term investments, and you KNOW the protagonists will come out on top in the end.

Mewtarthio
2007-05-01, 01:08 AM
80 Shares EVIL
8 Shares LIGD

Things always get worse until right before the climax.

I figure I'll just wait 'til it's down to one Snarl Gate, then sell everything, pick up some OOTS stock, and short a few shares of EVIL.

gadren
2007-05-01, 01:38 AM
80 Shares EVIL
8 Shares LIGD

Things always get worse until right before the climax.

I figure I'll just wait 'til it's down to one Snarl Gate, then sell everything, pick up some OOTS stock, and short a few shares of EVIL.

True. Is your plan to sell right before the OOTS comes up with that cunning , last ditch plan to save the day?

2007-05-01, 01:53 AM
97 OOTS :roy: :haley: :durkon: :vaarsuvius: :belkar: :elan:
10 MIKO :miko:

Best of luck to Mewtarthio :smallsmile:

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-01, 06:46 AM
100 in miko, 30 in EVIL to sell later and the rest in OOTS

sikyon
2007-05-01, 07:01 AM
I'd need to see some graphs to determine what levels they were at before this comic, so I can better judge what sort of value I'm getting.

kerberos
2007-05-02, 12:16 AM
200 in Miko and 80 in Lingear guild. What can I say, I like risky investements.

Legendary
2007-05-02, 12:24 AM
70 OOTS
20 HNJO
5 LIGD
5 EVIL
5 MIKO

I'll sell later.

Demented
2007-05-02, 12:27 AM
It seems I can't afford anything but a share in LIGD, or two in MIKO. Ugh.
Still, that's only because I put $880 in DOOM and another $114 in GOOD.

GOOD being at $19 a share. Falling, unfortunately. =(

Curunir
2007-05-02, 01:30 AM
I'll buy 200 of linear guild

(I am so good, at wasting money. Even money, I don't have actually :smallamused:)

fwiffo
2007-05-02, 06:52 AM
Here is my take on the market:

I'd like to short EVIL. They have nowhere to go but down long term. Might have a bump up if they acquire Azure City Enterprises, so might not be best time to short. But, hey, it is a hostile takeover, it is not going to work out in long term.

OOTS is the way to go long. They have viable long term business strategy, and even with their recent CEO resignation, they still have a lot to offer. Between their leading edge medical division and the recent recovery of their CFO, they stand to do well.

LIGD is a sucker's bet. Really, have they any successful products to show for their years in operations? High turnover rate, too. Maybe at a $1 they'd be worth to go long, but not at current level. And too risky to short - very volatile.

HINJO is also to be avoided. At $10 they are more than fully valued. Not a bad company, mind you, but for $10, OOTS is better bet to put money. Especially with new CEO still learning ropes, and the board of directors playing office politics.

MIKO is going out of business. That stock is heading to zero. Not even at $3 is it worth jumping in.

Not really sure how to go with SNRL. Is that company even operating anymore? I thought GODS shut them down.

jindra34
2007-05-02, 09:17 AM
Here is my take on the market:

I'd like to short EVIL. They have nowhere to go but down long term. Might have a bump up if they acquire Azure City Enterprises, so might not be best time to short. But, hey, it is a hostile takeover, it is not going to work out in long term.

OOTS is the way to go long. They have viable long term business strategy, and even with their recent CEO resignation, they still have a lot to offer. Between their leading edge medical division and the recent recovery of their CFO, they stand to do well.

LIGD is a sucker's bet. Really, have they any successful products to show for their years in operations? High turnover rate, too. Maybe at a $1 they'd be worth to go long, but not at current level. And too risky to short - very volatile.

HINJO is also to be avoided. At $10 they are more than fully valued. Not a bad company, mind you, but for $10, OOTS is better bet to put money. Especially with new CEO still learning ropes, and the board of directors playing office politics.

MIKO is going out of business. That stock is heading to zero. Not even at $3 is it worth jumping in.

Not really sure how to go with SNRL. Is that company even operating anymore? I thought GODS shut them down.
Whats your take on GODS? you should be a stock analyist... oh wait you already are... 100 in OOTS please...

Curunir
2007-05-02, 09:31 AM

I disagree. LIGD is very good long term investment. The only trick is to take your money out before OOTS sues them. At the moment they are really down, but pure phsycs (pysics of plot, that is) tells us that at some point they are up again.

(advice for beginners: when LIGD CEO starts making speeches, it's time to take your money out.)

Gashad
2007-05-02, 09:44 AM
200 linear guild; its bound to go up after the CEO escapes from prison and hires some new cool personal.

Team evil is at its peak now with thier rival company OOTS severly weakened by losing their CEO, its stocks can go nowhere but down since evil always loses.

While OOTS is bound to rise,I suspect it will fall first when they have to pay the expenses of resurecting their CEO, and hence this is not a good time to buy their stocks. Besides who can say that the temporary CEO wont steal from the company?

K2
2007-05-02, 10:05 AM
All evil, and with the left overs I am going to buy ice cream!

Moral Wiz
2007-05-02, 10:37 AM
100 LIGD

100 MIKO

20 OOTS.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a gamble. With just a few OOTS just in case the LIGD CEO starts on the speaches again.

Twilight Jack
2007-05-02, 11:26 AM
Give me 200 shares of MIKO. Sure, she's at a low point right now, but I sense a skyrocketting in the future. I don't think we've seen the last of her, and she only has to rise from $3 to $9 for a tripling of my investment. This seems far more likely than expecting OOTS to reach $30 in the near future.

I'll also take 40 of LIGD. It's a notoriously unstable stock, but $5 is the right price and I think I can sell on the upswing. Definitely a short term investment.

At $12, DOOM still has a bit more upward mobility to it, but I think I've jumped on this gravy train a bit too late to see the real returns. The time to invest here would have been just after the Dungeon of Dorukan.

I'm going to hold some cash in reserve to pick up OOTS. The recent forced resignation of their CEO has brought them tumbling, but I think they've still further to fall in the near future. That said, they are very nearly a sure thing for a comeback of meteoric proportions. I'll buy when they hit $7 or less.

HNJO is in some dire straits right now. I wouldn't dare invest there until I've seen whether the company will even survive the ongoing upheaval. I may pick up a few shares of this once the smoke clears, assuming there's anything left with which to rebuild.

MIKO 200=$600
LIGD 40=$200
Cash on hand=$200

Jari Kafghan
2007-05-02, 01:05 PM
Right now I am going to buy, 83 shares of EVIL.

That leaves $4 for me.

That cool though because I plan on "day trading."

And you will never see me buying any shares in MIKO, their CEO is mentally challenged.

Curunir
2007-05-02, 01:14 PM
And you will never see me buying any shares in MIKO, their CEO is mentally challenged.

I think that gives theire shares half the value. I mean: if she was sane and in this situation, his shares would cost a dime, tops.

Jari Kafghan
2007-05-02, 01:26 PM
OH yeah, when will you be updating the prices?

Winged One
2007-05-02, 01:35 PM
42 shares OOTS($420)
30 shares MIKO($90)
70 shares LIGD($350)
10 shares EVIL($120)
2 shares HNJO($20)

OOTS is definately the choice for the long run, I think we all know that. MIKO is dirt cheap, and quite honestly I'm probably flushing my $90 down the toilet, but it's not certain by any means. I may have a personal dislike for the company, but that's not going to stop me from putting a small amount in it just in case. I'm sure LIGD will get out of the mess they're currently in, and just as sure that they'll screw it up again, which is when I'll bail. EVIL...well, it'll probably go up a bit more, but not much. HNJO is almost certainly a waste of $20, but the the alternative is a share in SNRL, which is bloody useless, and expected to stay that way for a while.

Moral Wiz
2007-05-02, 02:00 PM
Ok, Puting my analysts cap on.

DOOM. a gamble here. With the situation in Azure City, Doom either stands to rise or fall. A lot. This is just a straight up gamble, made even more unpradictable by their jocky of a CEO who can still somehow has exelent recruitment skills.

OOTS,Not recomended as a major part of the portfolio. It's good for the long term, but likley to fluctuate. Thus it's quite probable that there will be a beter point to make larger investments. However, one or two other stocks are in the gutter right now, with high odds of a rise. You can make more on short term that long term right now.

HNJO. If DOOM falles, this'll be due for a rise and a big one too. However, in the aftermath of current events, HNJO is likly to sink to MIKO levels due to destruction and property damage in their own "Homeground" A good long term then, but not right now.

But hell, that's just one analysts view.

Fitzclowningham
2007-05-02, 02:50 PM
I think Miko is going to wind up saving the day, probably by thwarting an escaping LG. But at $.05, the Linear Guild is just too good to pass up. If it makes it up to a buck, that's 2000%. Miko'd have to get to $60 for that.

Kioran
2007-05-02, 03:02 PM
What can I say, this is win or suck: 333 shares of MIKO and thne letīs see where thatīs headed.....

Moral Wiz
2007-05-02, 03:08 PM
LIGD, I mean Linear guild is at $5. Not $0.50, $5.

Human Paragon 3
2007-05-02, 03:14 PM
60 Shares SNRL (you know it's going to skyrocket when he hits the scene, and it will)
10 Shares OOTS

Izodor
2007-05-02, 04:18 PM
I stay loyal to the Linear Guild.

You go Nale!

GoC
2007-05-02, 04:29 PM
Previous stock1:
100 of MIKO (will be sold when their CEO actualy does something)
40 of EVIL (sold when their CEO gets to HINJO's asset GATE and starts removing his PALADIN assets)
44 of LIGD (they will only go up)

Actions:
Sold 40 of EVIL for a 120 dollar profit at #448.

Previous stock2:
200 of MIKO (as above)
44 LIGD
30 OOTS (to be sold when OOTS regroups and starts launching an attack on EVIL)

Actions:
Sold 70 MIKO and 14 LIGD and bought 40 RCLK

Current stock:
130 MIKO
30 LIGD
30 OOTS
40 RCLK (sold once the prices get updated)

Current worth: 1150

Studoku
2007-05-02, 05:22 PM
50 shares in EVIL because it's evil
10 in OOTS all time low price- can only go up
10 in HNJO because he has a wolf
16 in LIGN :thog:
40 in MIKO Cheap shares and she might go blackguard

the300
2007-05-02, 08:18 PM
100 OOTS

dsfjdfaseg

silvadel
2007-05-02, 08:47 PM
Lawyers for the win....

But given that I am going to:

Buy 666 Evil options at 14 for 2 months out(prob cost about 3/4 a piece due to the instability -- cost 500)
Buy 500 Lgld options at 7 for 4 months out(prob cost 1/4 a piece -- cost 125)
Buy 750 Hinjo Put Options at 7 for 1 month(prob cost 1/2 a piece -- cost 375)

Kamakazee_Gnome
2007-05-02, 10:04 PM
Hmmm...

50 OOTS
20 HNJO
30 MIKO

ladysekhmetka
2007-05-02, 11:18 PM
letsee...

100 LGLD
100 MIKO
20 OOTS

I'm rather young, and will have time to recover before retirement if this plan of action fails.

NinjaCat
2007-05-03, 12:05 AM
50 Hnjo
40 Evil

dragoncmd
2007-05-03, 01:41 AM
I'll try to update this whenever I get around to reading new comic after each update (that can be as short as a few hours, or as long as a week, don't hold your breath) unless anyone else wants to take over?

Angafirith
2007-05-03, 01:45 AM
333 MIKO. What can I say? I'm betting that she won't just fade away from the story now.

V Junior
2007-05-03, 02:19 AM
LIGN is on a cycle. It's going UP when they're fighting the OOTS then DOWN when they lose. They're always there to build pressure, so I'd give this a green light. I mean, if it goes up to just $10, I'd have double my cash!

OOTS? Well, it's a good choice from where I'm sitting. The price is LOW right now, which means when it comes back up again I'll be sitting on a big fat pile of cash. The CEO may be dead, but that won't matter here. He'll be back.
Edit: Wow, holding out WELL!

MIKO can only go up. Really, it's at an all-time low, but this is good, as when she comes back up (and she so will) I'll be sitting on even more cash. Good investment, and I don't need to invest much to win big time.

DOOM can go only down right now, I'm afraid. Invest or keep your cash. I'm keeping my nose out of this one.
Edit: I stand corrected!

HNJO is in dire straights. Their CEO has loads of people hired, sure- but he's losing them in a massive fight with DOOM. Also, they just lost their old CEO thanks to the CEO of MIKO. I'd keep my nose out of that one for now.
Edit: Oh draaaat... it's gonna crash, guys!!!!!

SNRL is still tiny, having been wiped out by GOOD. Stay out of this one; it's losing FAST!
Edit: Oops, but we can't sell. Dang...

100 in MIKO ($300)(total: $300)
20 in OOTS ($200) (total: $500)
40 in LIGD ($200) (total: $700)

I've got $300 left, which will come in handy later...

Curunir
2007-05-03, 03:40 AM
As all my cash is already in the game

I'll be the first broker in this marekt. Invest your money into me for altealst 30 days and I quarantee atleast 20 % rise. There's no way to lose.

It's simple. It's easy. It's foolproof.

(Broker office takes 30% of profits as maintaining fees)

rankrath
2007-05-03, 06:09 AM
let's see, I'll take 50 EVIL shares, 30 OOTS shares and 20 LIGD shares. heading off to sig my portfolio now.

silvadel
2007-05-04, 10:25 PM
My hinjo put options are looking pretty good. My evil options also.

Looks like I am about to make a killing :)

mikeejimbo
2007-05-04, 10:30 PM
I expect a rise in DOOM soon, though I'm not going to buy any.

silvadel
2007-05-04, 10:37 PM
Evil always seems to make money until the end at least.

belboz
2007-05-05, 12:08 AM
Actually, I think evil either just hit or is nearing its peak. I'd buy OOTS now, although EVIL was certainly a good investment when the OP made the first post (very short-term, to sell today).

Buy low, sell high.

Legendary
2007-05-05, 12:19 AM
I'm selling my EVIL and HNJO for $260, which I'm dumping into 26 additional shares of OOTS.

Legendary
2007-05-05, 12:23 AM
ACtually, what am I saying, quick, resell 26 shares of OOTS! Buy 21 EVIL, and 1 MIKO and 1 LIGD

That means:

70 OOTS
21 EVIL
6 MIKO
6 LIGD

Demented
2007-05-05, 12:25 AM
I'm selling half my shares of DOOM (which must be huge by now) and am investing them in DURK(ON). :smallwink:

inky13112
2007-05-05, 01:30 PM
I'll hold out for the price on OOTS to drop a little more before I buy any.

DOOM is clearly on the rise, and while I wish I had gotten in sooner, I can still salvage a little profit out of it. 45 shares in DOOM, 675$

LIGD will likely go up, but not in the near future, so I can put money there after my DOOM stocks pay off and I sell them.

MIKO, an obvious buy, this company seems very resilient, and theres no where for it to go but up. I'l buy 60 shares at dirt cheap prices 60 shares in MIKO, 180$

HNJO rapidly falling, and unlikely to curb that trend.

SNRL a good investment if it weren't so darned expensive.

Money left over, more shares in MIKO and DOOM! 7 more shares for DOOM, and 3 more for MIKO, leaving me 1$ in the pocket.

My portfolio:
DOOM: 52 shares
MIKO: 63 shares
1$ in pocket

Snipers_Promise
2007-05-05, 01:41 PM
Im going to give one fourth of my stock to DOOM. The rest I save for latter.

Demented
2007-05-05, 04:40 PM
Oh, the price of the stock does change.... Guess I should update the status of my portfolio (which was made before DOOM was on the list, I think.)

$114 in GOOD, which doesn't exist... Nobody's buying/selling it... So I s'pose it's going down to $90 after previous events. Losses of $24, for no reason. Guess I'll take that out and split it half and half in LIGD and MIKO, $45 (9 shares) and $45 (15 shares), respectively.

And, since DOOM previously was $12, my $880 in shares amounts to 73.33_. Guess I had a split share. Up to $15, makes that $880 into $1100. Sweetness. (Though, that wasn't one of the original stocks EITHER...)

And I sold half of DOOM and invested them in DURK, another nonexistant stock.
So that's now...

DOOM: $550 (36 and 2/3 shares (I really should fix that) )
DURK: $550 (???)
LIGD: $45 (9*$5)
MIKO: $45 (15*$3)
Spare: $6
Total: $1,196.

So far, so good.

Nothing like diversified stock.

inky13112
2007-05-06, 04:57 PM
Oh, the price of the stock does change.... Guess I should update the status of my portfolio (which was made before DOOM was on the list, I think.)

$114 in GOOD, which doesn't exist... Nobody's buying/selling it... So I s'pose it's going down to $90 after previous events. Losses of $24, for no reason. Guess I'll take that out and split it half and half in LIGD and MIKO, $45 (9 shares) and $45 (15 shares), respectively.

And, since DOOM previously was $12, my $880 in shares amounts to 73.33_. Guess I had a split share. Up to $15, makes that $880 into $1100. Sweetness. (Though, that wasn't one of the original stocks EITHER...)

And I sold half of DOOM and invested them in DURK, another nonexistant stock.
So that's now...

DOOM: $550 (36 and 2/3 shares (I really should fix that) )
DURK: $550 (???)
LIGD: $45 (9*$5)
MIKO: $45 (15*$3)
Spare: $6
Total: $1,196.

So far, so good.

Nothing like diversified stock.

Yeah, nothing like hundreds of dollars in stocks that don't exist. :smalltongue:

I'll keep my money in companies that are real personally, though I'm considering getting a little more in DOOM.

Demented
2007-05-06, 05:32 PM
I actually did look, and DOOM, EVIL, or GOOD aren't on the Nasdaq.
In fact, none of those mentioned so far exist. Groovy!

Of course, one could always play with real stocks using pretend investment, but that wouldn't belong in this very enjoyable forum!

Geilan
2007-05-06, 06:01 PM
I won't buy into MIKO because I have a sinking feeling the CEO's gonna sell out to BKGD and then it'd all be a wasted investment.

Moik
2007-05-06, 06:34 PM
OOTS: As a publically-traded Crown corporation, OOTS is the safest bet as they have almost no chance of going bankrupt. However, politics can cause alot of cold feet and sharp sudden unexpected drops, as we see now. Sudden sharp unexpected jump are too rare. OOTS is almost an RRSP when considering gain. Basically, the best thing to do is vulture the stock after they've taken an unexpected drop (like now).

DOOM: Anti-trust suits. Anything DOOM gains by its numerous monopoly attemps can evaporate almost instantly and leave you penniless. You have to be quick with stocks like this. Definitely one for the bulls, but bears will get a strong allergic reaction.

LIGD (linear guild): Seasonal company. I don't buy pumpkin stock in October. This is because I don't want to deal with the traffic and maybe end up short. In this type of stock you aren't playing the market; you're playing the other traders, and I won't start that kind of fire.

HNJO (Hinjo and co.): Small company, very focused. They'll get a big slice of a small pie in the future, if they can hold off hostile takeovers from the multi-nationals. They've been experiencing alot of attrition recently, mainly due to unreasonable goals being enforced by uppermanagement, and headhunting from larger, better-paying companies. If they had more assets, this would be a good stock, however they haven't become entrenched enough to be unassailable. Again, bull stock, not bear.

MIKO: They recently had a very damaging liquidation of their assets, which proves that their management isn't up to snuff at critical thinking, and that's key for a long term business. I can't see a viable recovery strategy for them, and they are their own worst enemy.

SNRL (god killing chaos): This is actually a mutual fund of all the Snarls after they were broken up by the government due to a monopoly suit. This portfolio includes Atlantic Snarl, SouthWestern Snarl, Snarl Telecom, NorthSnarl, and Vonage. While they are techncially competition to each other, they don't actually get too cut-throat about it. Legislation keeps these guys locked down, so they can't turn out too profitable in the long-term, but they won't try and cut each other out of the business either. The thing to watch for is if the government will allow re-mergers of any of the components. For this to happen, regular competition within the industry needs to heat up. This is reasonable bear stock.

For me, personally, I'm going to hold off for the moment and let OOTS stock drop a bit more, then vulture as much of it as a I can. I think there might actually be a DOOM/SNRL(private enterprise) v OOTS(public enterprise) shakedown coming in the future which will loosen them up, but really; you can't fight the government.

Winged One
2007-05-07, 09:27 PM
Sell 10 shares EVIL for $150
Buy 18 shares HNJO for $144

Portfolio will be updated when the market prices change.
Yeah...time to bail out of EVIL. My only regret is that I didn't buy even more HNJO.

Lavidor
2007-05-08, 07:08 AM
120 HNGO before you update!
leaving $40 in hand.
"whew"

Moik
2007-05-08, 10:21 AM
50 Snrl
15 Oots

jindra34
2007-05-08, 10:22 AM
Sell oots buy HNJO
125 in HNJO

Sampi
2007-05-08, 10:42 AM
Buying:

100 MIKO $300
40 LIGD $200
50 OOTS $500

Also, shouldn't this be in SMBG?

AyuVince
2007-05-08, 04:07 PM
Buying 100 HNJO! The former company CEO left his successor with quite some potential there. I expect a rise in performance soon.

ValceOfPersia
2007-05-10, 06:48 AM
31 OOTS (310$)
40 HNJO (480$)
70 MIKO (210$)

Count me in the game.

PerryTatchett
2007-05-10, 10:49 AM
Alright, $200 in Curunir, not that I think I will actually see a profit there, its just for fun!
And then 20 in Oots.
And 20 in Miko.
And 20 in Hinjo.
Yay! I'm in the "stock" market!
Kudos to the genius who thought this up!

Demented
2007-05-10, 11:21 AM
dragoncmd updated on the 8th!

Sell 30 shares of DOOM at $13 ea. ($390)
Waste 2/3 share of DOOM, for simplicity ($8.66)
Sell all $550 of DURK, buy 50 shares of OOTS at $10 ea. ($550)

Final...
DOOM: 6 shares at $13 ea., $78
LIGD: 9 shares at $5 ea., $45
MIKO: 15 shares at $3 ea., $45
OOTS: 55 shares at $10 ea., $550
Spare: $396
Total: $1114
Previous: $1196
Change: -$72 :smallfrown:

(May work the next one into a table, for fun...)

Edit: Expectations....
Xykon will suffer a serious defeat, followed by running to Redcloak. Hinjo could go anywhere from here. The Order is due to show off some more; I'm getting impatient! Everyone else... hm.

Osnagard
2007-05-10, 12:51 PM
I'm in, at the current rates I'll take;
50 DOOM ($600) at $12 per share
40 OOTS ($400) at $10 per share

Hehe, this should be interesting, Go Team Evil!

Aegeus
2007-05-10, 02:20 PM
Ooh! A new SMBG! I'm in!

OOTS will take a short-term dive while hiring their new CEO, but they plan to reorganize to focus on their core competency (which is, of course, saving the day and beating the bad guys). I'll take 28 shares.

HNJO has made a very risky move. They sank most of their funds into countering the immediate threat from DOOM, which will drive their stocks up in the short-term. However, the long-term costs of war will be extremely costly. I'll take 40 shares, and sell rapidly.

DOOM will decline rapidly after HNJO's daring move. I'll wait on buying this.

LIGD and MIKO are stable, but MIKO's stock could be delisted if there's another downturn. LIGD, as a primary antagonist, can only go up from here. I'll buy 16 shares to round out my portfolio.

SNRL is an important plot point, which will sustain it's price for quite a while. I'll take 10 shares

Total:
OOTS: 28 shares, $280
HNJO: 40 shares, $480
LIGD: 16 shares, $80
SNRL: 10 shares, $160

Studoku
2007-05-10, 02:24 PM
Selling 50 shares in DOOM/EVIL for $650.

Buying:
90 in MIKO ($270)
38 in OOTS ($380)

Total
48 in OOTS ($480)
10 in HNJO ($120)
16 in LIGN ($80)
150 in MIKO ($450)
Networth:$1130:smallsmile:

Pink
2007-05-10, 02:31 PM
Looks Fun.
Buy:
-50 MIKO ($3)
-50 OOTS ($10)
-25 HNJO ($12)
-10 LIGD ($5)

Port:
50 OOTS ($500)
50 MIKO ($150)
25 HNJO ($300)
10 LIGD ($50)
Net worth($1000)

Twilight Jack
2007-05-10, 03:30 PM
Sinking my last $200 into:
30 more shares of MIKO ($90)
22 more shares of LIGD ($110)

Pool:
230 shares of MIKO ($690)
62 shares of LIGD ($310)
Net Worth= $1,000

Pink
2007-05-10, 06:40 PM
Hmm, any chance of new companies entering the scene? NPCS perhaps, for all the random nameless people and their occasional bits of glory or infamy (Barbarian Guildsman, Cheap potion shop people, ninja waitress, various other peoples)

F.H. Zebedee
2007-05-10, 09:01 PM
10 Shares OOTS at 10 each. (I trust this stock will be the greatest by far in the long run.)
300 Shares MIKO at 3 each. (A feeling in my marrow says she's gonna get a huge spike VERY soon. Maybe with 10 comics.)

Kojiro Kakita
2007-05-10, 09:37 PM
70 Shares of OOTS $700
15 shares of DOOM $165
Buying $135 of HNJO on short.

Lord Edward
2007-05-10, 10:48 PM
300 shares of MIKO
2 shares of DOOM
7 shares of OOTS

Lizard Lord
2007-05-10, 11:12 PM
26 in OOTS
50 in LIGD
83 in MIKO
20 in HNJO

Raven T.
2007-05-10, 11:27 PM
This looks interesting...lemme put:

15 OOTS for $150 (sure thing; may suffer some short term losses)
150 MIKO for $450 (Nowhere to go but up)
40 LIGD for $200 (Good price; will go up IF DOOM can facilitate some expansion)

Leaving $200 in my pocket for future investment

I_Got_This_Name
2007-05-11, 12:04 AM
Hmm. . .

OOTS is holding steady, and I can't tell whether they're likely to dip or gain next.

HNJO is rising, after a recent dip. Still, they're at a high as far back as the charts go. I'll wait for them to drop.

DOOM is still higher than when they started, but falling. I think I'll let them drop a bit first.

LIGD is in a pretty bad way, but they're business model has a history of getting out of pretty bad scrapes just like this one. This looks like a good medium-term stock. They've got nowhere to go but up, too.

MIKO is at an all-time low and may still go lower. This is for gamblers, but, at its share price, a few shares couldn't hurt.

SNRL is another gamble, and a highly-priced one. Besides, with this company's business model, if they ever get too big, the shareholders won't be around to enjoy it.

Put me down for:
33 shares ($99) in MIKO
100 shares ($500) in LIGD
30 shares ($300) in OOTS
$101 in the bank

Yeril
2007-05-11, 02:36 AM
I buy 40 oots for 400$ and Ill invest 600 into 200 stocks of Miko! I see somthing special in her future so Im cashing in.

Kamakazee_Gnome
2007-05-11, 11:59 PM
I'll now sell all my HNJO stock, leaving me with:

50 OOTS
30 MIKO

$450 on hand

Gamgee
2007-05-12, 12:06 AM
50 DOOM ($600) at $12 per share

Im going doom, I see big things coming.

Pink
2007-05-12, 02:37 AM
Hmm...VP redcloak's deviation from company plan will definatley have some drastic results for DOOM, and may also affect other companies, most likely HNJO, however, whether the affects will be positive or negative for DOOM is uncertain at the moment.

Lizard Lord
2007-05-12, 03:32 AM
I will sell my stock in LIGD to buy 35 in RDCL

ValceOfPersia
2007-05-12, 06:38 AM
Sell 31 OOTS (341$)
Sell 40 HNJO (520$)

Buy 123 RDCL (861$)

Currently holding:

123 RDCL (861$)
70 MIKO (210$)

Total: 1071$

Demented
2007-05-12, 06:58 AM
dragoncmd updated on the 12th!

{table=Head]Stock|Shares|Price|Change
OOTS|55|$605|+$55
DOOM|6|$42|-$36
LIGD|9|$45|$0
MIKO|15|$45|$0
RDCL|6|$42|+$42[/table]
Spare: $396
Total: $1175 (+$61)

I disagree that Redcloak's actions have divided DOOM, as he still follows the same goal. That doesn't mean he isn't promising. He seems to believe that this action will somehow mitigate hobgoblin losses, and I'm confident in his leadership ability. Not to mention, that "northern army" almost seems to guarantee the outcome of the battle here.

What really matters is how this will affect HNJO and OOTS. I'm hoping OOTS goes up, as they acquire (or is it destroy?) a lot of DOOM stock (hobgoblins). However, this looks really bad for HNJO.

Also, LIGD and MIKO are looking like they'd be an interesting gamble....

TRADES
Sells: 5 OOTS at $55, 6 DOOM at $42. ($97 total)
Buys: 24 RDCL at $168, 9 LIGD at $45, 15 MIKO at $45. ($258 total)
Total Cost: $161
Spare: $396 - $161 = $235

STOCKS
50 OOTS ($550)
18 LIGD ($90)
30 MIKO ($90)
30 RDCL ($210)

Moral Wiz
2007-05-12, 07:14 AM
Wow, I've made a gain. $20:smallsigh:

Ho Hum. Time to live dangerously. Selling all stock in OOTs and Buying RDCL and MIKO. Check my portfolio.

Pink
2007-05-12, 08:23 AM
Hmmm, a small gain so far. I'm going to hold constant at the moment, though RDCL is tempting.

Port:
50 OOTS ($550)
50 MIKO ($150)
25 HNJO ($325)
10 LIGD ($50)
Net worth($1075)

Raven T.
2007-05-12, 09:40 AM
All right, I'm going to sink my extra cash into 28 shares of RDCL. I sense big things in the short term for the goblin. Even if HNJO can move to block the expansion, it's going to cost him.

That brings me to:
15 OOTS
150 MIKO
40 LIGD
28 RDCL
$4 left over

Total value: $1015

jindra34
2007-05-12, 11:39 AM
selling 125 in hinjo that puts me at $1625

I_Got_This_Name
2007-05-12, 03:13 PM
Current portfolio:
33 MIKO ($99)
100 LIGD ($500)
30 OOTS ($330, a rise of $30)
$101 in bank.

I'll sell 1 MIKO, take 10 shares in RDCL, and 3 OOTS leaving me:
32 MIKO ($96)
100 LIGD ($500)
33 OOTS ($363)
10 RDCL ($70)
$1 banked

Osnagard
2007-05-12, 05:15 PM
Currently ;
50 DOOM ($350)
50 RDCL ($350)
40 OOTS ($440)
net worth : $1140

Actions ;
Sell 9 DOOM ($63)
Buy 21 MIKO ($63)

New ;
41 DOOM
50 RDCL
40 OOTS
21 MIKO
Net Worth: $1140

Heh, I made $140, time to reinvest

Irbis
2007-05-12, 05:44 PM
So... Gimme:

19 LIGD (95$)
80 RDCL (560$)
25 OOTS (275$)
10 DOOM (70$)

Current: 1000$

Tiben
2007-05-12, 05:57 PM
I'm IN:
RDCL 50
DOOM 50
OOTS 20
LIGD 16

I'm rooting for the bad guys :xykon: :nale: :redcloak:
:belkar: ?

Aegeus
2007-05-12, 09:08 PM
Well, my options have expanded because of the new appearance of RDCL! However, my investment in SNRL may not pay off, especially because of how DOOM is at a disadvantage with the loss of half its assets.
I am selling my 10 SNRL for $140 and buying RDCL with the proceeds.

OOTS: 28 shares, worth $308
RDCL: 20 shares, worth $140
HNJO: 40 shares, worth $520
LIGD: 16 shares, worth $80
On hand: $0
Total cash: $1,048

Meynolds
2007-05-12, 09:27 PM
I'll try my hand at this.

20 Shares OOTS
100 Shares MIKO
42 Shares RDCL
21 Shares LIGD

$999
$1 spare

Hiruma
2007-05-12, 09:33 PM
100 RDCL shares for $700. I've got a really good gut feeling.

23 HNJO shares for $299 . No-brainer.

Leftover: $1

Trevalyan
2007-05-12, 09:35 PM
Cash in at the bottom! Who would do different??

60 shares of LIGD = $300
30 shares of OOTS = $330
120 shares of MIKO = $360

And $10 for an emergency lunch!

Lavidor
2007-05-14, 09:49 AM
Selling 100 Hinjo for 1300.
Buying 185 Redcloak for 1295.
Leaving:
20 Hinjo (260)
185 Redcloak (1295)
45 on hand.
Total: 1600 :biggrin:

Crabapple
2007-05-14, 11:32 AM
buys
RDCL 70 for 7 each
DOOM 50 for 7 each

total value 840

160 left, waiting for oots to go down

rankrath
2007-05-14, 12:24 PM
hmmm, I thing I'm seeing some possible conflict between RDCL and DOOM, however, with DOOM's CEO in trouble with HIJO, I'm selling DOOM for $350, and buying 25 shares of HIJO for $325, then taking three more shares of RDCL for $21.

that gives me:
53 shares RDLC, $371
30Shares OOTS: 330
LIGD: 40 shares $200
HIJO: 25 shares. $325

silvadel
2007-05-14, 01:02 PM
Ok -- I am going to sell 166 doom options and 166 redcloak options (both worth about 1 per as the options have reached par value) and throw them into more put options on hinjo for 1 month.

332 should get me another 500 options only this time at $12.

----

So I presently have....

500 Doom options -- expire 7/3 right to buy at $7. (worth about 1 per)
500 Redcloak options -- expire 7/3 right to buy at $7. (worth about 1 per)
500 Lgld options -- expire 9/3 right to buy at $7 (still worth 1/4 per)
750 hinjo put options expire 6/3 right to sell at $7 (practically worthless)
500 hinjo put options expire 6/14 right to sell at $12 (worth 2/3 per -- despite the current strength I cant be the only contrarian here so the options are worth more than you would think)

Current portfolio value = 1458 but very riskily invested.

Logos7
2007-05-14, 01:25 PM
Buying in at 5/12/07 ( Most up to date posted)

Buying 100 Shares of RDCL
Buying 21 Shares of SNRL

6 Bux left

Holdins: 100 RDCL 21 SNRL 6$

Bavarian itP
2007-05-14, 01:28 PM
82xOOTS@11$=902$
32xMIKO@3$=96$
Rest: 2$

Gamgee
2007-05-15, 08:00 AM
Im holding 50 DOOM still.... I still feel big things are coming but it is going to take time..... however with RDCL I am very unsure of what to do.

50 DOOM Current worth 350$ -250$ from my original 600$ investment.... :smalleek:

I currently have 400Bucks left.... I think Ill wait before investing it. Come on DOOM I need you to pick up slightly so I can cut my loss....

SPoD
2007-05-15, 08:17 AM
Hell, I'll buy 100 shares of RDCL at $7, they're on the verge of a hostile takeover of HNJO. Top me off with 60 shares of LIGD at $5.

Any chance we could see an IPO of EUGN (Eugene Greenhilt Enterprises)? I feel like this is a company ready to make a splash in the market soon.

Gamgee
2007-05-15, 08:24 AM
Actually I have a small modification to make, I will still hold my doom stocks but I also buying 50 RDCL@7$ a share.

50 DOOM Current worth 350$ -250$ from my original 600$ investment
50 RDCL currently worth 350$

This all leaves me with 50$ to spare. I hope this pays off.

Lavidor
2007-05-15, 08:43 AM
Leaving:
20 Hinjo (260)
185 Redcloak (1295)
45 on hand.
Total: 1600 :biggrin:

I think i'll be selling the rest of my HNJO now.
Buy 40 RDCLK.
Leaving:
225 Redcloak (1575)
25 on hand.
Total: Still 1600 :biggrin:
Poor guys.:smallfrown:

Raven T.
2007-05-15, 09:28 AM
Before today's trading opens:

Sell 15 OOTS @ $11=165
Buy 24 RDCL @ $7=168
$2 Spare.

kerberos
2007-05-15, 09:37 AM
Before today's trading opens:

Sell 15 OOTS @ $11=165
Buy 24 RDCL @ $7=168
$2 Spare.

Good move actually, insider trading FTW!

I sell my entire stock and go all in on RDCL. 142 of them and 6$ change.

Raven T.
2007-05-15, 09:52 AM
I don't consider it insider trading. It's like seeing what happens in an international market and investing accordingly before/as soon as the opening bell rings to start the day's trading.

Edit: Others did it, too; I'm hardly alone here.

kerberos
2007-05-15, 10:09 AM
I don't consider it insider trading. It's like seeing what happens in an international market and investing accordingly before/as soon as the opening bell rings to start the day's trading.

Edit: Others did it, too; I'm hardly alone here.

Hey I'm founder of a fanclub for a homicidial maniac, it's not like I'm codeming you. :smalltongue: Still it is more like insider trading than what you descripe since if something major (the comic) happened before the market opens, no one would buy at the old price.

Moral Wiz
2007-05-15, 10:10 AM
Illl join in too. Everything I got on RDCl

Twilight Jack
2007-05-15, 11:44 AM
Selling 62 shares of LGLD ($310)
Selling 228 shares of MIKO ($684)

Reinvesting it all in 142 shares of RDCL ($994)

142 RDCL ($994)
2 MIKO ($6)

$1,000 and expecting a jump just as soon as the new numbers get posted.

ValceOfPersia
2007-05-15, 01:37 PM
Sell 31 OOTS (341$)
Sell 40 HNJO (520$)

Buy 123 RDCL (861$)

Currently holding:

123 RDCL (861$)
70 MIKO (210$)

Sell 70 MIKO (210$)

Buy 30 RDCL (210$)

Currently holding:

153 RDCL (1071$)

Lizard Lord
2007-05-15, 01:51 PM
Currently Holding:
OOTS:26
MIKO:83
HNJO:20
RDCL:35

PlasticSoldier
2007-05-15, 02:33 PM
I sell 1100$ worth of OOTS and put it in redcloak.

rankrath
2007-05-15, 03:46 PM
ouch, I'm selling all my HIJO and buying RDCL, as well as selling one share OOTS and buying more RDCL. yay exploting the system!
RDCL: 101 shares, $707
OOTS: 29 shares, $319
LIGD: 20 shares, $100
Total Worth: $1126

02youeng
2007-05-15, 05:41 PM
Give me 52 OOTS, 12 DOOM, 15 HNJO and 62 MIKO

InfernusTribble
2007-05-15, 05:47 PM
Time to play :smallsmile:

200 in MIKO
50 in DOOM

$50 left in cash

Lord Edward
2007-05-15, 08:25 PM
Original shares:
300 shares of MIKO
2 shares of DOOM
7 shares of OOTS
2 shares of RDCL

Actions: Sell 2 shares of DOOM, buy 2 shares of RDCL.

Current Portfolio:
300 shares of MIKO- $900
4 shares of RDCL- $28
7 shares of OotS- $77

Total: 1,005

silvadel
2007-05-15, 09:24 PM
Yes but the thing is -- if the market is closed -- you can buy the next day at the open but it is still at the higher rate.... Technically the time between when the new comic is up and the new market report is issued -- nobody should be able to trade.

Irbis
2007-05-16, 03:52 AM
Yeah, I agree. This is slowly turning into something like camping in FPPs. What's the fun in predicting what will go up if you can sell everything and pour money in whatever wins in last comic you saw?

That's why I haven't bothered with it. It might be effective, but it isn't fun anymore.

SPoD
2007-05-16, 06:01 AM
Maybe the rules should be revised...when Rich posts his "New comic is up" thread, the time stamp on that freezes all purchases until the market manager can update the prices? Any purchases made in that time are null and void.

Demented
2007-05-16, 06:15 AM
But woe be to the poor sap who has to keep track of all these things.
Better to just go on the honor system. People aren't treating this as competitive, are they?

kerberos
2007-05-16, 02:35 PM
Maybe the rules should be revised...when Rich posts his "New comic is up" thread, the time stamp on that freezes all purchases until the market manager can update the prices? Any purchases made in that time are null and void.
True really, I'll revoke my purchase back to MIKO and LG.

LordVader
2007-05-16, 02:42 PM
70 Oots, 42 RDCL.
$6 left over.

Moral Wiz
2007-05-16, 02:50 PM
Ya. Prehaps better not cheat.

Reverting to 101 LIGD, 100 MIKO and what was left (I forgot how much) in RDCL.

Updating as soon as I work it out.

Twilight Jack
2007-05-16, 03:17 PM
I will revert as well, since I agree.

I'm back to 230 of MIKO and 62 of LGLD

Curunir
2007-05-16, 03:56 PM
I'll sell 140 LIGD (with no profit) and buy 100 of RDCL.

Actually, I was thinking: shouldn't the prices change very slightly considering the fact how many people buy a certain share (for example: Redcloak may burn the blue city and that would make the prices of RDCL reach the sky (from 7 to 15 maybe.) But evan if we don't see him on screen for a week but a lot of people still buy his shares it could rise a point. To demostrate the powe of fan willpower or somethin like that.

Angafirith
2007-05-16, 04:16 PM
I'm going to hold onto all 333 shares of Miko for a while. $1 remaining.

Indon
2007-05-16, 05:05 PM
I think I'll jump into this market here...

48 DOOM ($336)
50 MIKO ($150)
34 OOTS ($374)
20 RDCL ($140)

No cash remaining.

I'm going middle-term, I expect a boost in MIKO stock as assets are sold in exchange for more capability, OOTS is solid as is DOOM, and I have a good opinion of RDCL's leadership.

Ink
2007-05-16, 05:20 PM
Hey, I want in on the investing too.

10 OOTS - 110
10 HINJO - 130
50 MIKO - 150
20 DOOM - 140
20 RDCL - 140
30 LIGD - 150

Aegeus
2007-05-16, 06:54 PM
Okay, things are going downhill quickly for HNJO. I'm selling all my shares (for $520) and then buying RDCL (for $518)

:roy: OOTS: 28 shares, worth $308
:redcloak: RDCL: 94 shares, worth $658
:nale: LIGD: 16 shares, worth $80
On hand: $2

Raven T.
2007-05-16, 09:32 PM
I will also revert my order. While I agree with the consensus we have reached, I would like to go on record stating that someone should have put this rule into play in the first place so as to avoid such a situation.

That changes me back to:
15 OOTS
150 MIKO
40 LIGD
28 RDCL
$4 left over

David Argall
2007-05-16, 09:34 PM
$1000 new cash...

200 shares MIKO -$600 There has to be action in this stock, and it may be quite soon. Granted, there is a serious risk of a major drop, but the upside is even larger and more likely.

50 LIGD -$250 This is a longer term investment. The stock could easily languish for quite some time. Still, it has a history of recovery and so can be expected to show a substantial profit if one is patient.

21 RDCL - $147 Recent very good news makes this a sure short term winner. One should be prepared for a quick sale as a sudden drop is quite possible

0 other $3- enough for a cheap hamberger.

One_Wolf
2007-05-16, 10:01 PM
Ok,

Id like:

54 shares of OOTS @ $11/share
16 shares of HNJO @ $13/share
66 shares of MIKO @ $3/share

Total=$1000

-One Wolf

XBobbis
2007-05-16, 11:24 PM
Buying 200 shares of Miko, 600.
Along with 80 shares of LIGD for the 400 I have left.

The jail is bound to see some action soon, and just seeing them might be enough for a quick jump in the stock for some day trading.

Ink
2007-05-17, 12:21 AM
Might as well go all in with the rest of my cash. Picking up 20 LIGD for 100, 20 MIKO for 60, and that leaves me with 20 in cash.

10 OOTS - 110
10 HNJO - 130
70 MIKO - 210
20 DOOM - 140
20 RDCL - 140
50 LIGD - 250

Total - 980
Cash - 20

Lavidor
2007-05-17, 07:41 AM
Yeah, your right. Last purchase void.
Making me:

Leaving:
20 Hinjo (260)
185 Redcloak (1295)
45 on hand.
Total: 1600 from before #452 (I had a feeling from #451).

Twilight Jack
2007-05-18, 11:02 AM
Okay, it's been a few days since Redcloak's charge and the prices still haven't adjusted, so I'm selling my LGLD and buying RDCL with no guilt whatsoever.

Sell 62 shares of LGLD for $310.
Buy 43 shares of RDCL for $301.
Buy 3 more shares of MIKO for $9

233 shares of MIKO ($699)
43 shares of RDCL ($301)

anamiac
2007-05-18, 12:18 PM
I'm betting all my money on Miko. With all hobos getting into the city, she might be seing some hostiles soon. 333 shares, please!

Pink
2007-05-18, 12:40 PM
My policy for myself when I started this was after each change I would only get one chance to buy or sell or stay and that'd be it. I think it's a good policy.

AyuVince
2007-05-18, 02:58 PM
Time to play risky now. Selling everything to buy 700 HNJO and 200 OOTS. 100$ left.

Miklus
2007-05-18, 03:05 PM
I'll buy 300 shares of MIKO @ $3 = $900
then 20 shares of LIGD @ $5 = $100
That's my money spent.

'cause i'm expecting a jail break soon...We haven't seen the last of either Nale nor Miko. I just hope one dosen't kill the other during the jailbreak.

Aaron Smith
2007-05-18, 03:31 PM
I'd like to play.

I'll take:
166 shares MIKO (498$)
100 shares (LIGD) (500$)
2$ left.

LordVader
2007-05-19, 04:15 PM
Bump. Also, does anyone know when the price changes for new comics will come into effect?

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-19, 07:55 PM
Hey, I'd like to play, but the new prices aren't up for Ep. 454. Can I still buy right now anyway?

Thanks, and may the "arcane powers too terrible even to consider" be with you...(372) :xykon:

Lizard Lord
2007-05-19, 11:06 PM
Bump. Also, does anyone know when the price changes for new comics will come into effect?

I would like to know that as well.

doliemaster
2007-05-19, 11:11 PM
I will take 250 Miko and 15 Snrl leaving me,
40 dollars.

Lavidor
2007-05-20, 06:08 AM
:sigh: I have had enough of waiting.
Selling 200 Hinjo for 260.
Buying 40 Redcloak for 280.
Leaving:
225 Redcloak (1575)
25 on hand.
Total: 1600.

Shoyliguad
2007-05-20, 12:55 PM
I’ll take 10 shares LIGD, 100 RDCL and 35 DOOM leaving me with 5$ on hand go evil! :xykon: :redcloak: :nale: :sabine: :mitd: :thog:

ObsidianRose
2007-05-20, 04:29 PM
Okay I'm finally getting in on this.

Putting it all in on the HNJO for 50 shares at $650. The rest is going into 25 shares of OOTS at $275 and 25 shares of MIKO at $75.

Long term investments FTW

So, my portfolio
HNJO 50
OOTS 25
MIKO 25

With a net value of $1000

Emperor Ing
2007-05-20, 05:17 PM
50 RDCL shares---$350
40 DOOM shares--$280
My stats

Total stock cost-----$630
Total sale funds--------$0
Total leftover--------$370
--------------------------
Gross total----------$1000

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-20, 05:29 PM
Starting off, net value of $996
RDCL: 50 ($350)
HNJO: 30 ($390)
DOOM: 35 ($245)
OOTS: 1 ($11)
Remainder: $4
Total: $1000

EDIT: Also, current stock prices are 8 days old, we could use an update.

Aegeus
2007-05-20, 05:49 PM
We really need an update. RDCL is soaring, HNJO is getting pummeled.

Eco-Mono
2007-05-20, 06:02 PM
Opening trades
DOOM: 90 ($630)
MIKO: 90 ($270)
Holding $100.

Something tells me that the DOOM/RDCL break-up will eventually end in a hostile takeover orchestrated by DOOM. As for the other investment, I don't see MIKO going out of business any time soon; investing there seems a sound "buy on the rumor, sell on the news"-type strategy.

Denalid
2007-05-20, 06:39 PM
This really needs a price update. I'm pretty sure that I'd be guilty of insider trading if I start now, since I've seen some company activities that haven't yet manifested themselves in the prices.

No offense to the OP, of course, but it might be better if multiple people were able to do the updates, perhaps in a thread separate from that in which buying and selling is done. Under the current system, time constraints on the OP affect price updates far too much.

RedTopHat
2007-05-20, 10:06 PM
OOTS: 45 ($495)
DOOM: 30 ($310)
RDCL: 20 ($140)
LIGD: 11 ($55)

Total: 1000

I'm hoping for a rise in LIGD, and a drop in HNJO before I make some buys and sells.

DrivinAllNight
2007-05-20, 10:13 PM
Ok, might as well by while the buyings good,

Sarting with 1G, i'll take -
50 Shares of RDCL - Total $350
50 Shares of OotS - Total $550
33 Shares of MIKO - Total $99
Leaving 1 lone dollar leftover, just so I ain't totally broke :smallsmile:

teratorn
2007-05-20, 11:33 PM
I'll buy 333 shares of Miko stock.

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-21, 09:52 AM
Alright, assuming I'm allowed to overtly cheat by buying right now when I have insider trading information...

27 shares of OOTS (297$)
11 shares of HNJO (143$)
78 shares of RDCL (546$)
2 shares of DOOM (14$)

0$ Leftover

Thanks for running this...:xykon:

EagleWiz
2007-05-21, 07:39 PM
7 DOOM
7 RDCL
11 OOTS

30 OOTS (330)
40 DOOM (280)
40 RDCL (280)

Keeping the 110 for later.

LordVader
2007-05-22, 01:40 PM
People should stop buying until the update, this is insider trading, and should be considered "illegal".

Raven T.
2007-05-22, 01:42 PM
I'll just bide my time. I'm going to laugh if they don't update until RDCL is on the downswing.

AyuVince
2007-05-22, 02:34 PM
Agreeing with Raven T and buying another 100 HNJO. Should my stocks go down, they'll go down with style.

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-22, 02:38 PM
The way I see it, he hasn't updated this stuff the last four times he was supposed to, and since a LOT of trading has gone on during that period, and if he decides not to make everyone revert, I'd like to have my exchanges up BEFORE everything changes. I'll revert gladly if he decides to do that instead. This is more of a "Fallback" plan.

:xykon:_Fan

LordVader
2007-05-22, 05:06 PM
I will laugh if everyone buys RDCL and then the entire army is wiped out. (I'm assuming at some point that DOOM will buy out RDCL?)

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-22, 05:40 PM
...someone wanna PM dragoncmd?

Demented
2007-05-22, 05:57 PM
I will laugh if everyone buys RDCL and then the entire army is wiped out. (I'm assuming at some point that DOOM will buy out RDCL?)

Looking at the stock history, I'd vote for that.

Raven T.
2007-05-22, 08:17 PM
This is fantasy. Evil cannot win.

But that doesn't mean one can't make money off them when the ball's in their court.:smallamused:

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-22, 09:50 PM
I've decided that since I think the end is coming soon, and prices don't seem likely to be updated...I'm going to sell my RDCL and DOOM shares since I don't want to be stuck with them when Xykon and Redcloak are chased out of town. Thus:

46 Shares OOTS
38 Shares HNJO

0$ Leftover

:xykon:_fan

DeadMech
2007-05-23, 02:07 AM
Insider trading alligations or not I'm going to take my chances.

The way I see it MIKO and LIGD on looking good for a rally. They only have so much room to fall. The pair are in fairly safe territory at the moment with little threatening them. I would be surprised if their stocks don't double up within minutes of their next annoucement. Only problem is waiting for their appearance. I'm going to favor MIKO. While I believe that LIGD will rise and remain more stable. MIKO has less room to fall.

I know that RDCL is going good. I know that OOTS is doing good. I don't expect either to face any specifically harsh difficulties. I'll sink here for reasons of diversification. Favoring OOTS because I like ethical funds.

SNRL and HNJO are both overvalued in my opinion. SNRL hasn't had a major announcement in longer than I remember. I like HNJO I really do but I think an adjustment is coming.

What I really want are the Azure nobles or Tsukiko to join the list of publically traded companies. I feel bad holding onto such a sizable chunk of my investment money due to nothing but lack of option.

151 MIKO at $3 a share
51 LIGD at $5 a share
17 OOTS at $11 a share
15 RDCL at $7 a share
$1000 invested/$1000 worth

Denalid
2007-05-23, 05:29 PM
Still no update? If this continues too much longer, we need to rally for a new broker, or something.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-23, 05:37 PM
I've PMed him, we'll see what happens.

EagleWiz
2007-05-23, 09:26 PM
And DRGN stock falls 30 points

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-23, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I PMed him yesterday and still no results. I think we should get a couple of people (volunteers) to be the new brokers, and they can come up with an objective system for setting the prices. Maybe based on the number of panels that go their way or the number of characters that haven't died or something. That way, they'll all agree on numbers, and someone can step in if they want to. Of course, we would also include a misc. "pat on the back" increase for the broker's current favorite group based on comedy? Maybe also increase stocks which lots of people are trading. Just my thoughts, good and bad, of course.

XF :xykon:

Shoyliguad
2007-05-23, 10:01 PM
i can try, we should establish a commitee of like 3 people

OOTS 12$ a share (Going up for tricking the hobgoblins but still stuck in a tower)
HNJO 13$ a share (Near death expierence but still alive)
DOOM 4$ a share (going down from ghost army)
LIGD 3$ a share (no news)
MIKO 3$ a share (no news)
SNRL 9$ a share (becuase of the ghost attack it is unlickely the snarl will be released)
RDCL 13$ a share (Managed to enter the castle unscathed and army has taken courtyard)

this ok? did I miss anything? tell me if you want me to change and why...

Raven T.
2007-05-23, 10:03 PM
I'd be happy to lend my assistance, if no one objects.

And if they do, well...:smalltongue: on you!:smallwink:

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-23, 10:23 PM
I'd be fine with being on the committee, if it's alright with everyone.

So, if everyone who wants to play could voice their opinions within the next few days, nominating anyone for the three person committee, that'd be great. Other than that, I don't see this being followed up anytime soon by the original OP.

Either way, I'm hesitant to speak for the whole board, so please speak up if you have any ideas.

So, should it be Raven T. Shoyliguad, and myself?

LordVader
2007-05-24, 06:26 AM
HNJO should be lower, remember, that includes AC as well and they are getting hammered. Also, I believe prices changed based on strip-to-strip performance- ie, after each new strip a new update went up.

Shoyliguad
2007-05-24, 06:32 AM
I'll do that, thanks for the advice

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-24, 06:33 AM
For the record, if LIGD has no news, it should be at 5, unless it went down because of no news.

I'd like to sell 25 shares of DOOM, how do I do that (not good at stock market stuff)?

And since the new comic is up, we get an update, probably with RDCL stock going even HIGHER.

EDIT: Heh, I really need something to do with my life, I actually made an Excel spreadsheet for this.

Lavidor
2007-05-24, 08:29 AM
i can try, we should establish a commitee of like 3 people

OOTS 12$ a share (Going up for tricking the hobgoblins but still stuck in a tower)
HNJO 13$ a share (Near death expierence but still alive)
DOOM 4$ a share (going down from ghost army)
LIGD 3$ a share (no news)
MIKO 3$ a share (no news)
SNRL 9$ a share (becuase of the ghost attack it is unlickely the snarl will be released)
RDCL 13$ a share (Managed to enter the castle unscathed and army has taken courtyard)

this ok? did I miss anything? tell me if you want me to change and why...

I'd say more like:
OOTS: 12$ (Going up for tricking the hobgoblins but still stuck in a tower)
HNJO: 8$ (Azure is taking heavy casualties)
DOOM: 4$ (just the CEO, and he's in trouble)
LIGD: 5$ (no news, so it shouldn't go down)
MIKO: 3$ (no news)
SNRL: 9$ (greatly reduced chances of DOOM contact)
RDCL: 13$ (Managed to enter the castle unscathed and army has taken courtyard)

Still waiting for 3rd person on commitee.:smallwink:

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-24, 09:39 AM
Those last prices by Lav. look good. We'll be trying to figure out a way to make this all a little more balanced/objective. You know, actually having a set of guidelines for prices vs. just setting them at whatever feels right...then we'll pm each other the new prices and update here once we reach an agreement.

Archonic Energy
2007-05-24, 09:57 AM
buy 83 OOTS @ $12

Remainder = $4

EagleWiz
2007-05-24, 01:15 PM
DOOM at 4$! Il buy 25 more shares They have to do better then LIGD!

65 DOOM
40 RDCL
30 OOTS

10 Left

Total: 1170$

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-24, 01:18 PM
w00t! I just made $300 off RDCL (and lost almost as much of DOOM and HNJO).

Again, how do I sell stocks?

and if I knew a little more about stock marketing in general, I'd be willing to fill the 3rd open position.

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-24, 01:21 PM
Just sell 'em. Say that you did it, and you do it. It's largely based on the honor system. I'll probably go through on Sundays and list who has what stocks as an update.

I think Shoy., Raven T., and myself already fill all the positions. It seems like we're making headway on a good system.

EagleWiz
2007-05-24, 01:21 PM
You just say: I sell (Number) shares in (Something) You get Number times Current Value money and lose Number shares

To buy stock just say: I buy (N) shares in (Something) You get N shares and lose N times Current Value money.

What he said.

Twilight Jack
2007-05-24, 01:36 PM
233 shares of MIKO ($699)
43 shares of RDCL ($559)
Total value= $1,258.00

Holding for now.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-24, 01:42 PM
Alright, then, selling 25 DOOM shares for $100 total and 10 HNJO shares for $80, for a total of $180, and buying 15 OOTS shares with that cash. And one share of MIKO with the $4 I had left over before.

rankrath
2007-05-24, 02:06 PM
cha-ching!:smallbiggrin:
I just made a ton of money off Rdcl, the only question is should I hang on to it, as OOTS looks like it may be able to out manuver them. Selling 13 shares RDCL for $169, and buying 15 shares HIJO for $120.

40 RDCL: $520
30 OOTS: $360
40 LIGD: $200
40 HIJO: $320

Total worth: 1400
COH: $49

Meynolds
2007-05-24, 02:19 PM
Selling 6 shares RDCL to buy 6.5 shares OOTS

26.5 Shares OOTS ($318)
100 Shares MIKO ($300)
36 Shares RDCL ($468)
21 Shares LIGD ($63)
Total: $1149
Spare Change: $1

Raven T.
2007-05-24, 02:20 PM
I also say we stick with Lavidor's prices and that also means I need to readjust my own portfolio:

Sell 28 RDCL @ $13= $364. Something tells me that this is as far as the company can go for now (if not, then I miss out on making money. Oh, well.) DOOM will be reabsorbed into RDCL in somewhat short order. $164 profit.

My OOTS stocks went up another dollar, as well. Another $15 profit.

I'll split the difference and buy 40 HNJO @ $8= $300 and 13 more LIGD for $65, leaving me $3 in my pocket.

UPdated portfolio:
15 OOTS
150 MIKO
53 LIGD
40 HNJO
$3 in pocket
Total Value: $1218

Electric_Monkey
2007-05-24, 06:27 PM
ooh! ooh! I want in! Time to demonstrate why I keep all my money in savings accounts rather than stocks.
OOTS $12*40 - $480 - OOTS seems set to win out in the long run, but I think there might be one more dip to come, that I'm hoping to capitalise on.

RDCL $13*10 - $130 - May possibly take over from DOOM - too early for me to call yet. Looks to have peaked early, so I'm not risking much

HNJO $8*15 - $120 - I thought the $13 was overvaluation, but $8 might be worth a flutter

LIGD $5

DOOM $4*30 - $120 - I'm hoping to make money on this and dump them to buy OOTS - question is, am I too late already?

MIKO $3*50 - $150 Miko's clearly not through yet. I'm getting in while her shares are cheap.

SNRL $9

Cash 0

Gaelbert
2007-05-24, 06:52 PM
Assuming we're running off of the prices on Xykon Fan's sig, I'll start with:
50 OOTS
50 MIKO
20 LIGD
25 DOOM
Cash Left: $50

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-24, 06:55 PM
Yeah, we are.

Shoyliguad
2007-05-24, 07:56 PM
I'm selling my 100 RDCL for 1300 and cashing that all in for 108 OOTS and no I don't do insider trading XD and leaving me with 7 dollars left over

Ink
2007-05-24, 08:52 PM
I'm selling all my RDCL for $260 and picking up 90 MIKO for $270 and 2 LIGD for $10.

10 OOTS - $120
10 HNJO - $80
160 MIKO - $480
20 DOOM - $80
52 LIGD - $260

Net Worth - $1020
Cash - $0

Denalid
2007-05-24, 09:42 PM
Ok, I'll start now that we have a system.

Opening cash: $1000
Opening Portfolio: Empty

Buy 10 OOTS @ $12 (Looking to go up, but I'm betting on a better price soon)Buy 10 LIGD @ $5 (Expecting a move soon)
Buy 100 MIKO @ $3 (Nowhere to go but up)

Spent: $470
Closing cash: $530
Closing Portfolio:
OOTS 10
LIGD 10
MIKO 100

Net Worth: $1000

Archonic Energy
2007-05-25, 02:27 AM
buy 1 MIKO

hard cash remaining = $1

Lavidor
2007-05-25, 05:11 AM
Cool, we are using my prices!
Ooh, my stock is worth 2925 and I have 25 on hand.
225 RDCL ($2925).
$25 on hand.
Total: $2950 :biggrin:

daydreamer
2007-05-25, 06:22 AM
Can people still buy in now? If this is the case then.

Opening cash: $1000
Opening Portfolio: Empty

Buy 45 OOTS @ $11
Buy 10 SNRL @ $14
Buy 15 MIKO @ $3

Spent: $680
Closing cash: $320
Closing Portfolio:
OOTS 45
SNRL 10
MIKO 15

Shoyliguad
2007-05-25, 06:33 AM
yep :smallbiggrin:

Curunir
2007-05-25, 07:15 AM
Maybe we should make a new thread so we could have the prices in the first post again.

ValceOfPersia
2007-05-25, 07:37 AM
Sell 70 MIKO (210$)

Buy 30 RDCL (210$)

Currently holding:

153 RDCL (1071$)

Sell 153 RDCL (1989$)

Buy 72 HNJO (576$)
Buy 471 MIKO (1413$)

Currently holding:

72 HNJO (576$)
471 MIKO (1413$)

Total: 1989$

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-25, 09:42 AM
Maybe we should make a new thread so we could have the prices in the first post again.

Agreed, this is the new thread, please read over the rules, as we threw one in after someone in this thread suggested it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2644542#post2644542

Also, Lavidor and ValceofPersia, you guys are doing very well; can I have your trade secret?:smallsmile:

Tolkien_Freak
2007-05-26, 11:15 AM
...maybe we should get someone to lock this. It's continued in a different thread.