PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Love is infectious! (As is fungus)

RandomlyInspire
2015-07-13, 03:15 PM
Hey, I had a quick question I wanted to shoot at you guys. I found the Thrall of Zuggtmoy PrC and it really struck me as thematically awesome. Enough so that I'm currently cobbling together (pitifully, I may add) a small build around it. So I'm starting with 5 levels of spontaneous cleric (Plant and Demonic Domains) just due to me not enjoying the headache of prepped casting. I need a single level dip to beef my fortitude save so I can dive into the PrC at level seven, but I'm currently flopping on ideas until now.

I just had the thought of dipping binder, and binding Ronove since the unarmed strike would benefit from the Demonic domains ability. Then, after the PrC, I could stride through Divine Anima Mage for four levels just for the sake of progressing the casting/binding My question is though, if I grabbed a monk belt, would it stack with my EBL for damage levels and whatnot?

Aside form that question, if any of you have any ideas for something really flavorful for a one level dip in this character scheme, I'd love to hear it because goodness knows I'm awful at this. Only real stipulation is good fortitude so I can meet the prerequisite of thrall.

Flickerdart
2015-07-13, 03:32 PM
Thou Shalt Not Lose Caster Levels! Look into a spell-advancing prestige class. Runecaster will do it, as will Stormlord.

RandomlyInspire
2015-07-13, 03:43 PM
I suppose Runecaster could do the trick for getting into it. But I mean, aside form an optimization standpoint, is losing 2 caster levels really all that bad? I still get 9ths after all. Kinda looking for flavor more than power, though I'd like to try and not fall behind if I can help it (t2, high t3 I'm thinking)

Flickerdart
2015-07-13, 03:44 PM
Losing 2 caster levels isn't too bad. Being 2 casters levels behind for 90% of your career feels bad, man.