PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Bonecraft Weapon hardness question

Sancelot
2015-07-13, 11:30 PM
Greetings,

I plan to make a Bone Knight but I'd like your opinion regarding the Bonecraft Weapon hardness - I know, I know: bones in general have 6 hardness and 10 hitpoints. But should a bonecraft weapon have the same hardness? I mean, it's not like a regular bone you give to your dog and he keeps chewing it all day long. It's a freaking badass bone weapon that only Bone Knights can create and wield properly.

So, how should this weapon be treated? Like regular bones?
Also, if it's a spear, is it possible to create a two-material weapon, like: The body of the spear is made of adamantine and the tip is made of bone (being treated as a bonecraft weapon)?

Btw, my DM usually believes that rules > common sense.

Thanks in advance.

(Sorry for any grammar mistakes I made. English is not my main language and it has been a while since I last typed in english.)

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-13, 11:43 PM
Yes, yes... join our ranks.
Seriously though, it's a pretty awesome class if you can stomach the lost level of casting and can afford the entry cost. It's also an upgrade from 10 Paladin levels, if you aren't using Cleric entry.

Anyways...

At 6th level, if you have at least 6 ranks in Craft (weaponsmithing), you can craft weapons with pieces of bone worked into the design.
Emphasis mine. It isn't actually made from bone; it's just got bits of bone on it. It can be adamantine if you really want it to be. Incidentally, the Bonecraft Armor class feature also doesn't ever specify that the armor is made of a material that it isn't normally made from, so it has the same hardness/HP of the base material as well. The sample Bone Knight, for example, has metal armor and sword with bones stuck to the outside:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/5n_gallery/90017.jpg

Sancelot
2015-07-14, 12:18 AM
Actually, I'm playing a Cleric 5 / Seeker of the Misty Isle 1 / Bone Knight 1. Basically, I found the Misty Isle but it's cursed and I'm kinda like a commander helping them to free them(since we don't play in Eberron)

I'm feeling kinda dumb right now, since the answer was in plain sight all this time...

Anyways, it's good to know that I can use special materials to craft a bone armor as well.

Thank you :smallbiggrin: