PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Feats for my (soon to be Vampire) Changeling Cleric

lonewolf1210
2015-07-14, 05:05 AM
I am playing a LE Changeling Cloistered Cleric of Blood of Vol(Domains Necromancer, Deathbound and Knowledge) in a solo game for about half a year now, starting from lvl5 and I just hit lvl9. The style of the game is mostly intrigue and espionage focused with my changeling abilities being absolutely front and center. When combat happens, I work mostly with spells or buffed up minions. In all the time playing, I have not once made a single weapon attack myself so many typical cleric spells(Divine Power, Righteous Might, RIghteous Wrath of the Faithful, etc) dont interest me at all. My most used spells are probably Silence, Deeper Darkness(in combination with a Ring of permanent Synestesia) and Sending.

Also my character has found a way to beeing transformed into a vampire without beeing under another vampires control. This involves a 2 part ritual, the first one granting him the Hooded Pupil template(Libris Mortis) and the second one finishing the transformation and replacing the Template with Vampire (Note that because this is a solo game, LA doesnt matter at all). The first part is done and I am preparing for the second one.

currently my feats are: Able Learner(for all those social & stealth skills I desperatly need), Tomb Tainted Soul and Leadership(cohort is a warforged Artificer that mainly helps to craft me equipment on the cheap). The DM allowed me that once I am a vampire, I can exchange Tomb Tainted Soul for a different feat, since it is redundant.
My planned build is: Cloistered cleric 10/Contemplative 1(trickery domain probably)/Master Vampire 3/ Cloistered cleric x(for the skill points mostly)

So I have 2 free feats(one right now and another one soon) that Im not entirely sure what to do with. The classical DMM(Persist) doesnt interest me at all, even though I understand how strong it is. Im rather looking for something interesting that increase my utility instead of something with pure power. Im really open to wierd stuff, for example I was seriously considering the Onieromancy feat chain from Heroes of Horror, but somehow only the last one was really interesting to me and its not worth 3 feats.

Any ideas or suggestions?

lhilas
2015-07-14, 06:01 AM
Divine metemagic feat is a good feat for any cleric.
Plus you should take a look at the dragon prophecy feats from tome of magic , one of them allows you to cast any inflict spells as a free action which is awesome for both damage and healing your undead minions.

Other useful stuff could be brew potion to allow your chort to heal himself, or extend spell to improve your buffing abilities...

lonewolf1210
2015-07-14, 06:30 AM
Divine metemagic feat is a good feat for any cleric.

Powerful? yes
Interesting? IMHO not so much
I might go for DMM (Quicken spell) if I dont find anything else that tickles my fancy, but IŽd rather find something more juicy.

Other useful stuff could be brew potion to allow your chort to heal himself, or extend spell to improve your buffing abilities...

Im honestly not sure if this response was meant as a troll attempt or just not well thought through. In doubt, Im gonna assume the latter:
So you want me to create potions (CLW?) for my warforged(who recieves half healing from cure spells) Artificer(who gets brew potion as a bonus feat and can easily heal himself much more effectively using his infusions, and can create & use scrolls and wands that do that much more effectively)?

Im not convinced

Plus you should take a look at the dragon prophecy feats from tome of magic , one of them allows you to cast any inflict spells as a free action which is awesome for both damage and healing your undead minions.

Now this is the kind of suggestion I like. wierd, interesting and flavorful. Im not sure if the flavor really fits the character, but this idea is getting a place on the short list at least.
Nitpick: source is Magic of Eberron, not Tome of Magic

lhilas
2015-07-14, 08:45 AM
Sorry, my bad, I guess I was a bit too quick to send.
If it makes you feel any better at the beginning I accidentaly wrote Tome Of Battle XD

lonewolf1210
2015-07-17, 09:04 AM
a little bump

lonewolf1210
2015-07-19, 06:25 AM
noone? :smallsigh: