PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Making Styx: Master of Shadows

5w337x7007h
2015-07-14, 06:54 AM
Been playing this game for a while, and I know that it's not always a good idea to build a character based on characters that exist outside tabletop rpgs, but I've been playing this game and I'm attached to Styx. Though I'd love to see his role in Of Orcs and Men.

Dissecting the idea; Styx is an intelligent goblin rogue, and amber addict (I think), that suffers from what appears to be chronic headaches as he gets further in the story. The headaches have addled his brain, so he's only remembering things as the story unfolds. The closer he is to the tree, the worse these headaches get.

Overall, he's got special abilities which include invisibility, cloning, amber vision, and a talent for climbing.

1- The invisibility can be solved with a ring, or major magic - vanish. His invisibility doesn't last very long, but it's enough to get out of sight.
2- Cloning could be the trouble child of the abilities, but with the right items or mutations could be plausible. He only uses a clone as a distraction, and it can explode into a cloud of smoke, but that's about it.
3- Amber Vision is effectively an at-will deathwatch and detect magic with a bonus to finding valuable non-magical items, climbable fixtures, and potential hiding spots. I can solve that with the Deathwatch Eyes item and add constant detect magic on top of that.
4- The climbing is easily putting points into Climb and Acrobatics at every level.

He's got his favorite dagger which looks like a dagger-sized dog slicer, 3 health potions, 3 amber vials, 3 acid flasks (for disposing of bodies), 3 throwing daggers, and 5 balls of sand (a mix of spit and sand to put out wall torches) with the gear ability maxed. I could definitely add gear to the list, but I'm getting core gear out of the way.

As for Rogue talents, I'm looking at Fast Stealth, Expert Leaper, Nimble Climber, Powerful Sneak, Improved Evasion, Opportunist, Deadly Sneak, and a couple others yet to be determined.

Feats would be Combat Reflexes, Toughness, Improved Initiative. Is there anything I'm missing? I know that Styx is exceptionally good with his dagger, and if he's going to use it, he's going to kill the target as quickly as he can.