PDA

View Full Version : Superhero Building a Gestalt Character M&M III

Business Scrub
2015-07-14, 10:04 AM
Hello all! I'm having some trouble building a gestalt-type character in M&M 3.0. IE, one character that has two parts that could work separately. In M&M 2.0 I'd simply use the gestalt power, but that doesn't seem to exist in 3.0.

Any advice on how to build it?

Beleriphon
2015-07-14, 10:44 AM
Hello all! I'm having some trouble building a gestalt-type character in M&M 3.0. IE, one character that has two parts that could work separately. In M&M 2.0 I'd simply use the gestalt power, but that doesn't seem to exist in 3.0.

Any advice on how to build it?

Technically Gestalt is just a Summon power wit the caveat that all of the characters "disappear" when the main creature is formed. As it stands you might be better off just building hte more powerful character as your main one and use the fact that it breaks into two less powerful character in certain circumstances as a complication.

Business Scrub
2015-07-14, 11:41 AM
Hmmm... Summon seems like the right vein, thank you!

Beleriphon
2015-07-14, 11:45 AM
Hmmm... Summon seems like the right vein, thank you!

If you have Ultimate Power for 2E Gestalt is described as a Summon power, and there a good deal of detail about how it works. I've looked to UP for how to create 3E powers that don't seem immediately obvious.

Sith_Happens
2015-07-14, 12:15 PM
Assuming you mean a character that can "split" into two characters, that's Morph (Metamorph, Continuous) with Summon (Heroic, Controlled, Mental Link, Continuous, Reaction: immediately upon assuming this form) on the alternate form, with whatever Limitations, Features, and/or Quirks you need on one or both of those effects to fine-tune it properly. The tricky part is how to handle damage on recombination.

Business Scrub
2015-07-14, 12:41 PM
Hmm, thank you sith_happens!

Perhaps a bit of context is helpful here: The character (Ghost) is essentially an electron cloud (Incorporeal, flight, immunities, etc) that can't influence the world very much, but can interface with machines.

In fights or just when pretending to be a normal person, she has her super base send her a pre-built machine that she possesses, but the actual machines are disposable provided she has time between scenes to fix/rebuild them.

With your input my build is coming out something like this:
Ghost has some buffed abilities but lacks strength and stamina, and has incorporeal rank 4, flight, a few immunities that make sense, and Summon (Heroic, Controlled, Variable[robots], Quirk[delayed arrival time, set arrival location], Increased action(full round action to command), Mental Link)
The Machine powers and stats vary with which machine is called, but each machine has to be designed and built prior to the encounter. However, generally each machine has Protection(Affects others, limited[only Ghost]), lacks mental stats, and has Power Loss (Separation from Ghost)