PDA

View Full Version : Computer Skyrim rant

VarenTai
2015-07-14, 12:35 PM
ARGH!

OK, so early in the game, I went to Winterhold and signed up so I could have a dedicated room where I could store all my stuff until I needed it later. A barrel for extra potions, one for ingredients, ore, etc.

I've been out and about for a little while (not terribly long), and I come back to my room to find that my barrel of ingredients and potions have been reset - cabbage and carrots, respectively. All my books, ore, weapons, etc are all fine (I store each category in a different container).

We are talking about 20 levels' worth of ingredients and extra potions, vanished. (I haven't done any major potion creation for some time, but I gather everything I see, so I had a very considerable amount of stuff.) Any idea on what to do? Any good inventory trainer where I can add back everything I've lost, give or take some stuff?

I love this game, but the thought of having lost that much alchemy at one shot is very frustrating...

Flickerdart
2015-07-14, 12:51 PM
IIRC you don't count as owning any of those containers. You only get to guaranteed retain stuff in your homes and your guild leader quarters.

Mando Knight
2015-07-14, 01:25 PM
Don't worry, you'll make up for it handily. Most of the alchemical ingredients you'd have by level 20 aren't even that rare, really, and if you really do pick up every potion you come across, you'll soon start finding more high-level potions than whatever you had before.

IMO, Breezehome is a better early-game house. It's fairly cheap and offers adequate services nearby, and Whiterun is usually the second town you come to.

VarenTai
2015-07-14, 02:04 PM
IIRC you don't count as owning any of those containers. You only get to guaranteed retain stuff in your homes and your guild leader quarters.

When I was researching it, they said your assigned quarters in the various guilds counted as yours for storage purposes and the like. Did I misinterpret this?

Don't worry, you'll make up for it handily. Most of the alchemical ingredients you'd have by level 20 aren't even that rare, really, and if you really do pick up every potion you come across, you'll soon start finding more high-level potions than whatever you had before.

I'm level 35, and I've been collecting stuff since lvl 15 or so. I've got a lot of giant toes, imp stools, and a bunch of the rarer stuff stored. Or, at least, I *did* before this happened.

So anyone know of any good cheat/trainer programs where I can give myself whatever inventory I want? I had enough ingredients to where I could always make a few more Magika potions or healing potions, etc, as needed and it's suddenly crippling to be out of a few core potions with no ingredients to make more....

The_Jackal
2015-07-14, 02:14 PM
When I was researching it, they said your assigned quarters in the various guilds counted as yours for storage purposes and the like. Did I misinterpret this?

Who's they? I rely on UESP's wiki, it's the best: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Containers#Safe_Locations

I'm level 35, and I've been collecting stuff since lvl 15 or so. I've got a lot of giant toes, imp stools, and a bunch of the rarer stuff stored. Or, at least, I *did* before this happened.

So anyone know of any good cheat/trainer programs where I can give myself whatever inventory I want? I had enough ingredients to where I could always make a few more Magika potions or healing potions, etc, as needed and it's suddenly crippling to be out of a few core potions with no ingredients to make more....

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console

However, I'd recommend just lumping it. Pretend your character got robbed by that douchenozzle Ancano, then re-collect your ingredients.

Douglas
2015-07-14, 02:35 PM
Find a vendor who stocks alchemical ingredients, buy what you care about from what's in stock, save, attack the vendor, reload, and repeat. This will cause the vendor to instantly refresh stock with a full new random set of wares. You will be able to get as much as you have the money for of every ingredient that has a meaningfully non-zero chance of the vendor having it, in a quite short period of time.

VarenTai
2015-07-14, 03:24 PM
Yeah, you guys may be right. Just looking at the number of ingredients and imagining myself recreating an amount for each and every one of those feels exhausting and totally not fun.

I did use the wiki to research what counted as a home, and they said the guild rooms counted, but did not specifically state that all the containers were safe in those places, so I guess those two concepts were not as tied together as I thought...

*sigh*

veti
2015-07-14, 03:57 PM
The food barrels in the Hall of Attainment do respawn, including the ones in your room.

The wardrobe/cupboards, I'm fairly sure, don't respawn and can be used safely - at least, the ones in your room. I've never had a problem with them.

Derthric
2015-07-15, 12:42 AM
Yeah, you guys may be right. Just looking at the number of ingredients and imagining myself recreating an amount for each and every one of those feels exhausting and totally not fun.

I did use the wiki to research what counted as a home, and they said the guild rooms counted, but did not specifically state that all the containers were safe in those places, so I guess those two concepts were not as tied together as I thought...

*sigh*

IIRC that would count towards the various stages of rested. Beds in the guildhalls count as owned homes and as such give you a better bonus as opposed to random beds.