PDA

View Full Version : Minor Conjuration Question

Kerilstrasz
2015-07-15, 12:14 AM
Tricky question.. that i think your anser will be "whatever your Dm rules" but lets see...

Lost or trapped somewhere, without provisions..
I conjure a 3ft cube of pure water.
Assume that i have somthing to hold it (bucket?)
If i drink it will it dissapear after 1 hour?

You ll say that by trying to metabolise it i "damage" it. But our bodies don't actually seperate the H from the rest HO.. or the O from the rest H2..
so.. lets say i drink it.. will the water dissapear from within my body after 1 hour?

I'm talking just for water.. not a piece of meat.. i assume chewing it equals damaging it..

Elbeyon
2015-07-15, 01:02 AM
Are you just trying to get water? There are ways to get water without directly summoning it. Create a dehumidifier by summoning a super cooled object in whatever form you desire to capture water from humid air. Condensation could avoid this question altogether.

Waterbending!

TheOOB
2015-07-15, 01:12 AM
This is an ask your DM question.

GiantOctopodes
2015-07-15, 12:04 PM
I can't answer for your DM, but I can answer for what I would say in my campaign.

First, you can't conjure a 3'x3' area of water. Minor conjuration requires it weigh no more than 10lbs, which is roughly 1 gallon of water, not the 70 gallons of water which would be represented by a 3' cube area of water like that. Second, the intent of Minor Conjuration is absolutely to have something temporary in nature. The object is clearly and obviously magical, and gives off light. It's magic in the form of water, not water, so yes it would disappear. Third, I can't give you an at will spell at 2nd level when that's the Wizard's 18th level ability. Create or Destroy water is already a spell! If you want to research a spell to perform a similar effect, by all means feel free to do so! We'll work together to figure out what you can come up with. But conjuring permanent, consumable items falls outside the ability of a cantrip (which is what minor conjuration is, effectively) and into the purview of spells, of 1st level for water, or 3rd level for food.