PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Race] Psigem

Xuldarinar
2015-07-15, 02:30 PM
PSIGEM (WiP)

(A work in progress. To some, I am sure the inspiration is obvious. I just wanted to get this out there and I'll polish it up later, both for balancing the race a bit, and adding both fluff and crunch.)

PSIGEM RACIAL TRAITS
Construct: Psigems are Constructs.
Medium: Psigems are Medium creatures and have no or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Psigems have a base speed of 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: Psigems can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Darkvision: Psigems can see in the dark out to 60 feet.
Psicrystal Personality: Psigems, given their psicrystal origins, possess benefits based upon their personality. A psigem chooses a personality available for psicrystals at first level and gains the benefits of this personality.
Psicrystal Construct: Psigems are in essence an astral construct manifested around a unique psicrystal. As a result, when a psigem is reduced to 0 hit points, they leave behind an inanimate diminutive crystal, incapable of taking actions. So long as the crystal remain intact and they remain in this state, they regain health at the same rate as a humanoid creature can by rest. Upon achieving at least 50% of their maximum health, they may use a full-round action to reform. Until they reform, they are incapable of any other action. Unlike most constructs, a psigem does not gain bonus hit points based upon size.
Naturally Psionic: Psigems gain the Wild Talent feat as a bonus feat at 1st level. If a psigem takes levels in a psionic class, she instead gains the Psionic Talent feat.
Languages: Psigems begin play speaking Aklo and Common. Psigems with high intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as druidic).

Xallace
2015-07-15, 03:07 PM
What edition is this for?

Xuldarinar
2015-07-15, 03:16 PM
What edition is this for?

It says. It is for Pathfinder.

Xallace
2015-07-15, 03:21 PM
I... don't actually see the word Pathfinder anywhere. Have my Perception checks failed?
Edit: Oh there it is, in the thread tag.

Anyway, I'm glad to see SU being an inspiration. Will they be able to create psionic weapons and fuse and the like as a racial ability, or will those be features be left psionic powers (both of which are already powers, I believe)?

Xuldarinar
2015-07-15, 03:43 PM
I... don't actually see the word Pathfinder anywhere. Have my Perception checks failed?
Edit: Oh there it is, in the thread tag.

Anyway, I'm glad to see SU being an inspiration. Will they be able to create psionic weapons and fuse and the like as a racial ability, or will those be features be left psionic powers (both of which are already powers, I believe)?

Don't ya just love those perception checks?

Anyways, I did consider these things, and I've ideas. I may or may not make a racial trait for the weapons, such as a psi-like ability, but most likely i'll simply make their favored classes be: Aegis, Psionic Warrior, Soulknife, and perhaps a few others. Encourage these things, maybe throw such abilities into racial archetypes for other classes, but one could take class levels elsewhere. Regarding fusion, perhaps a racial feat they can take at starting at X level to allow them to fuse, but only with someone else possessing the feat and there are limitations but it would be not dissimilar to the psionic power. I will be putting more in their existing class features, things to tone them down a bit and to emphasize the flavor I am going for, but specifics are things I lack at the moment.

EdroGrimshell
2015-07-15, 09:45 PM
You may look at my Tsora Race in my Sig, or the Revised Version (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?416339-Tsora-V-3-0&p=19281469&viewfull=1#post19281469). It's a similar idea but with a minor expansion.