PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Unlimited fuel for luck-feats

Jowgen
2015-07-15, 03:26 PM
I like the luck feats in complete scoundrel, but... well, as written they're pretty useless; as they require you to set your feats on fire to get semi-reliable use out of them.

So, I've been contemplating to introduce a fix for this in my games. My first thought was to simply make them 1/combat like skill-tricks and such; but that didn't quite sit right with me. So, now I'm considering whether to allow my players to use any given reroll ability to fuel luck feats, which can easily give them an unlimited number of rerolls.

Now I personally think this is a balanced approach. Even without a /day limit, luck feats are far from an optimized choice. They eat immediate actions (so 1/turn), and you only get a chance to re-roll one or maybe 2 things in exchange for each feat. Adding onto that the premium cost of needing to source an infinite reroll-pool from somewhere else (e.g. pride domain), and the whole thing remains a sub-optimal choice, but potentially worthwhile option in certain cases (e.g. Good Karma + Robilar's Gambit might be fun).

So yeah, I wanted to run this by people to see what they think.

noob
2015-07-15, 03:33 PM
Is it allowed to use that luck feat who allows you to not spend one charge when using a staff(completely unbalanced with greater resurrection staff?) if it is the case then there is a risk the pc's turn into crazy rezzers(resurrecting 4 people per day is doing a lot of profit and good).

OldTrees1
2015-07-15, 03:39 PM
While I would suggest checking each feat as it comes up, I see no reason not to just buff them to 1/round without needing to find an unlimited reroll source. (could probably do similar with many skill tricks)