PDA

View Full Version : TOEE: Keep on the Borderlands Mod Issue

russdm
2015-07-15, 05:33 PM
I have been using the Keep on the Borderlands mod for TOEE, only to find that I can't figure out how to get out of the starting shop. I picked up the item, have a character with the required ranks in the skill, and activated the required spot. There is no one here besides my characters. I am stuck.

I have also noticed that the Tutorial changed, replacing the wizard class with another, making the wand of fireballs unusable, with no way to have the caster sleep to regain spells. This makes completing the Tutorial no longer possible, since you die quickly to the zombies.

Any help? Has anyone else tried the KotB mod and gotten past the equipping shop?

Domochevsky
2015-07-15, 09:20 PM
Hum, kinda sounds like they broke their own module, requiring things that no longer exist. No idea why and what to do about it, though. :S

KillianHawkeye
2015-07-16, 10:21 AM
I had this problem the first time I tried to play it as well. The answer was that only a few of the stories for the different party alignments are finished, so you cannot actually begin the game with an unsupported party. You'll want to check on their forums to find the latest info on which alignments are playable, but from what I recall the LG and LE ones were definitely ready (and CG was not). the documentation included with the mod, playable party alignments were NG, LN, and NE as of the 1.0 release.

russdm
2015-07-16, 01:22 PM
You'll want to check on their forums to find the latest info on which alignments are playable, but from what I recall the LG and LE ones were definitely ready (and CG was not).

When reading through the thread about the mod, I didn't see anything like that mentioned. It does explain the weird messages I was getting about characters having the wrong alignment, which made no sense. I guess I will have to make a new party and probably get rid of the characters I made. I am curious: do I have to have a party completely comprised of LG or LE characters?

Where would one look to see what party alignments were ready? What part of the forum would have that? The forum for the mod?

KillianHawkeye
2015-07-17, 09:51 AM
I am curious: do I have to have a party completely comprised of LG or LE characters?

No. Just like with vanilla ToEE, you pick a main alignment for your party (which among other things determines any alignment-based story options and events) and then you can add anyone who is within one step of that alignment in either direction.

Where would one look to see what party alignments were ready? What part of the forum would have that? The forum for the mod?

Check your game folder for the KotB documentation. There is a PDF player's guide. As of KotB 1.0, only the NG, LN, and NE parties were playable.

EDIT: Also, I misremembered the alignments. Sorry 'bout that. I've edited my previous post with the correct information.

russdm
2015-07-31, 12:33 AM
Figured it out and have got it working now.