PDA

View Full Version : Reaction Move

Ardantis
2015-07-15, 10:29 PM
How do you ready an action to move? Moving is not an action. Do you ready a dash?

Can you ready a move and an attack, or just one or the other?

jkat718
2015-07-15, 11:52 PM
AFAIK, if you would like to move on someone else's turn, you must ready the Dash action. I don't think there are any other ways to do that.

Slipperychicken
2015-07-16, 01:15 PM

That sounds an awful lot like delaying initiative.

WampDiesel
2015-07-16, 01:22 PM
How do you ready an action to move? Moving is not an action. Do you ready a dash?

I don't see why you couldn't. As long as you haven't used your move for that turn, you can say something like "as soon as someone comes through that door I am going to run forward and tackle them."

That sounds an awful lot like delaying initiative.

There is no delayed initiative in 5th ED. Whatever you roll is where you stay. If your readied action does not come up before the end of your turn then you have lost your turn in that round. That is the risk of readied actions.

coredump
2015-07-16, 07:22 PM
No, you cannot move and attack. You get to do one thing.

You do not need to Dash, in fact, readying a Dash action does nothing for you.

You can Ready an Action, or you can Ready to Move. It is part of the Ready rules....

Christian
2015-07-16, 09:41 PM
coredump nailed it. It's explicitly listed in the rules for the Ready action (PHB pg. 193):

First, you decide what perceivable circumstance will trigger your reaction. Then, you choose the action you will take in response to that trigger, or you choose to move up to your speed in response to it.