View Full Version : Can a summons be made permanent?

Brookshw
2015-07-16, 07:57 AM
A few months back there was a thread about how to beat the ice assasin aleax trick and at the time I got to thinking "easy, gate in a phane, have them use summon past time duplicate, and we now have the person so they can hurt the original".

But that got me thinking, what can you do with the summoned duplicate who takes off shortly, can you make the summons permanent? I'd considered fusion, body outside of body, and such shenanigans, and immediately got distracted and never followed the thought.

So I'll toss it out there, anyone have a method to make a summoned creature permanent? Specifically one summoned by someone else?

Pilo
2015-07-16, 08:11 AM
There are some spells in Faerūn called Halaster's Fetch, which are basically a summon monster except that the summoned creatures stay after the end of the spell and the spell is 3 level higher.

Urpriest
2015-07-16, 01:04 PM
Fusion should work, if you add in Astral Seed. Most Astral Seed-based methods would probably work fine in fact.

Dunsparce
2015-07-16, 01:09 PM
Although 3rd party, Hyperconcious gives a way to make an Astral Construct Permanent. Pretty pricy XP and Money wise, especially for the higher level ones, though.

Scheming Wizard
2015-07-16, 01:27 PM
In Pathfinder if you play wizard and choose conjuration as your specialty school your level 20 capstone is that all the summon monster spells have a permanent duration for you. You can only have one permanent summoned creature up at a time though.

When it comes to epic spells. All spells can be made permanent if you multiply the DC by 5.

Brookshw
2015-07-16, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the suggestion gang.

Bullet06320
2015-07-17, 01:24 AM
3rd party book, Conjuration: By Bell, Book and Candle by mongoose publishing has a set of spells that lets you permanently summon monsters from the summon monster list, there is a small xp cost and you cant cast that particular summon monster spell while you have permanent monsters summoned