PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Feral Template

ReD_Exorcist
2015-07-17, 07:48 PM
So Im wondering if there's anyway to make the Feral Template from a LA +1 to LA +0?

I know the Template is from 3.0 but everything inside is applicable to 3.5 I don't know if my DM will agree though. I want to make it so he doesn't shut down the idea quickly. He can be a little bit of a rule enforcer. So if there's any arguments you can give me to point out to him, that way I can still play with the Feral Template?

We are starting at level 3 and it is a party of evil characters. I am going to be a LE Cleric worshiping Hextor and I will be taking bone knight as my prestige class. I don't want to have take the LA +1 hit, I have though about LA buy off but my DM doesn't go off the XP system. He likes to use Milestone system to level us up.

Would it be worth it to take the LA hit though and keep all its abilities?

Bronk
2015-07-17, 08:44 PM
Hmm, incarnate construct would work on a warforged for -2LA, but to get feral on top of that... Maybe an uncivilized warforged? You'd have to work that part out with your DM.

Sagetim
2015-07-17, 08:49 PM
just eat the LA 1 and enjoy fast healing and dark vision. Since it's a template, you can stack it on a race. Also...all that nat armor and full plate from cleric? Yes, thank you AC. At higher levels, your fast healing will go up to 5, and if you're good about it, you could be quite an AC tank by that point, rarely getting hit, and when you do, recovering from it.

I don't think most dm's would let you get away with any kind of ecl reduction, and I don't see feral as being fluff compatible with warforged. Mostly because warforged are made, they didn't evolve, so they wouldn't really have a feral form, even if they can technically have the template applied.

Silva Stormrage
2015-07-17, 08:51 PM
Just use LA buyoff. Feral is one of the few templates that is probably worth the LA even if you can't use buyoff.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-07-17, 09:04 PM
I have though about LA buy off but my DM doesn't go off the XP system. He likes to use Milestone system to level us up.

In that case, don't start with a level adjustment regardless, but begin play with Craft Wondrous Item, and get nearly all of your gear for half price. Craft items for the party at a cost of 50% of base price, but charge them 75% of base price for them, they'll still pay 25% less than getting it from an NPC and you'll make a huge profit.