PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A ToB question (Firesnake)

Hurnn
2015-07-18, 02:13 AM
Fire Snake lvl 4 sword sage power from the desert wind school has a duration listed as instantaneous. The rules text states it can move 60' each round. I am of the opinion that It is a 1 round effect that makes the 60' line then ceases to be, but am confused as to why it list how far it can move each round am I missing something?

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-18, 02:30 AM
Well, let's just check the handy errata document...

:annoyed:

Short answer is, we can't know. I like to use this fix, from Sinfire Titan's unofficial errata (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=13292.0):

Page 53 - Firesnake [Deletion/Substitution]
After the italicized text, delete the rest of the maneuver's text. Replace it with the following, "When you initiate this maneuver, you cause a line of fire to twist across an area to burn your enemies. This line is 60 feet long. Unlike a standard line, a firesnake can bend and twist to hit your foes. A firesnake starts in an adjacent square and can move up to 60ft as part of this maneuver.

If a firesnake moves into a creature’s space, that creature takes 6d6 points of fire damage, with a Reflex save (DC 14 + your Wis modifier) for half damage. A creature can only take damage from the firesnake once in a single round. It makes the saving throw and takes damage the first time that the firesnake moves through its space. After that, this use of firesnake has no effect on that creature.

A firesnake must move along the ground or another horizontal surface. It cannot fly or climb walls, and it pays the standard movement penalties for difficult terrain and other effects.

This maneuver is a supernatural ability."

Crake
2015-07-18, 12:52 PM
Huh, I never noticed all that stuff about rounds plural. I've always just run it as a 60ft line that you can draw in whatever way you'd like.