PDA

View Full Version : Amusing Dragonborn Concept (I think)

RMS Oceanic
2007-05-02, 06:53 AM
I am a fan of multiple attacks, so I've come up with an idea for a character progression for multiple attacks on a LA+0 character (with some 3.0 houserules).

Books Used (Besides Core)
Races of the Dragon
Savage Species

Stage 1
Create an Elven Fighter (maybe Wood Elf if you don't care for Intelligence). Give him Two-Weapon fighting plus any other feat. Give him a high dex before modifiers (at least 15), and half decent strength.

Stage 2
Become a Dragonborn. The racial modifiers of Dragonborn (+2 Con, -2 Dex) negate those of an Elf. For aspects, choose wings, because flight is rarely a bad thing.

NOTE: Humans are actually ill-suited for this plan, as they lose their bonus feat/skill points upon becoming Dragonborn.

Stage 3
Use the Dragonborn's option to replace the nameless feat with a Dragonblood feat which could normally only be taken at creation. For my idea, we select the Draconic tail. We now have a tail attack.

Stage 4
From Savage Species (the 3.0 part of the plan), select prehensile tail (requires 13 dex and a tail attack). Your tail can now wield a light weapon, and you are considered to have three arms. You now gain Multiweapon Fighting (That's my understanding. Upon attaining a form with more than two arms, TWF is automatically replaced with MWF)

This way, you get six attacks at level six, and possibly nine at level twelve.

I have no idea if this is optimised or anything, but I thought it would be a fun thing to try. What do you think?

AtomicKitKat
2007-05-02, 07:13 AM
It's not blenderiffic or anything, but it's not horrible, as far as Fighters go. Fun to imagine a slim, semi-reptilian humanoid dancing around trying not to cut its own wings or tail of with every swing though. :)

Quietus
2007-05-02, 04:36 PM
I wants it.... I wants it for Monk, and Dervish...

brian c
2007-05-02, 04:55 PM
I wants it.... I wants it for Monk, and Dervish...

I've wondered if a monk with a tail makes any difference; monks have like 9 natural attaks anyway (2x fist, 2x elbow, 2x foot, 2x knee, headbutt), would a tail make a difference, mechanically? Maybe a monk with MWF would get an even more outrageous number of attacks than with TWF...

RandomNPC
2007-05-02, 05:19 PM
i always immagined a monks FoB as a dragon ball z thing, i attack so fast nobody saw me do it, but i did hit him eight times! see, look, bruises!

on the OP, nice build. that would be nice with a monk, because you know the DM would toss a sunder monkey at you sooner or later.

Quietus
2007-05-03, 06:05 PM
I've wondered if a monk with a tail makes any difference; monks have like 9 natural attaks anyway (2x fist, 2x elbow, 2x foot, 2x knee, headbutt), would a tail make a difference, mechanically? Maybe a monk with MWF would get an even more outrageous number of attacks than with TWF...

Yes, but all of THOSE natural attacks are represented by their base attack bonus, not as actual "natural attacks" which can be used as secondary. I'm thinking about getting the tail and putting a tail-axe on it, plus a bite and two claw attacks, all as secondary, plus the full Monk advancement. Then use Versatile Unarmed Strike to make all of your attacks slashing, then go into Dervish. If you have enough feats left over, fire a pile of two-weapon fighting on there. Go for sheer mass number of hits, good fun!