PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Power cook.

Madbranch
2015-07-19, 06:39 AM
So, this year I started a character that really loves to cook, challenges many people to cook-offs etc, ... It started out as Kval Psion/Gunslinger gestalt, but with the most recent level up, I decided to go for something different and failing to find anything really suitable for the character, I decided to build a psionic cook PrC. I figured I could share it with you guys:

Power Cook

Power cooks have spent their time studying not only the powers of the mind but also cookery. They can alter their powers to summon food or they can use their power points to enhance their cooking skills.

Requirements:

To qualify to become a Power Cook, a character must fulfill the following criteria:
Profession (cook) - 5 ranks.
Be able to manifest 3rd level powers.
Must’ve impressed at least two NPCs with his cooking.

Class Features:

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
Manifesting

Food Power, Recipes 2, Power Cooking
/

Skill Focus (Profession (Cook))
+1 of existing

Recipes 5
+1 of existing

/
+1 of existing

Recipes 7, Grand Recipe, Power Cooking mastery
/

Weapon and Armor proficiency: Power Cooks are proficient with all food based weapons, such as Meat Cleaver, Military Forks, Frozen Chickens, Stale Baguettes, Frying Pans, … Any food based improvised weapon does not count as improvised for the Power Cook.

Food Power: Power Cooks can cause any damage dealing power to take form of food. Such powers deal only 50% of the damage they’d deal originally, however they also deal minimal splash damage to enemies in neighbouring squares.

Recipes: At first level Power Cooks can choose two recipes which they have memorized and can now take 10 on whenever they try to cook them. At level 3 number of these recipes increases to 5 and at level 5 to 7.

Power Cooking: Power Cooks can expend their power points in order to increase the chances of their meal being better. For each power point they expend they add two points to the roll. They can only expend 1 point per Power Cook level they posses.

At second level the Power Cooks get feat Skill Focus (Profession (Cook)) if they have not already taken it.

Grand Recipe: At 5th level the Power Cook is able to memorize one recipe to such perfection that they are able to take 20 on it whenever they’re making it. However the perfection comes at a price as they take -5 penalty on all other dishes prepared that day.

Power Cooking mastery: At 5th level Power Cooks no longer require a heat source in order to prepare food, as they emanate energy that can be used to cook the dishes. However if they do use a heat source this energy can be used in a different manner, giving +3 insight bonus to checks to prepare food.

EDIT:
Ugh, I placed this in the wrong forum, right? Sorry. :/

Haruki-kun
2015-07-21, 02:58 PM
The Winged Mod: No biggie. Moved.

Princess
2015-07-21, 10:58 PM
How does the splash damage for Food Power work? That should be explained in the ability.

Also, what about this class is strong enough to justify losing 2 manifester levels?

Debihuman
2015-07-23, 10:10 AM
I agree that losing 2 levels of manifester levels when this can be taken at 2nd level is far too much.

Also, how does a PC determine how many recipes he or she has memorized?

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies should start with a positive. Also, a military fork is not an improvised weapon; it is a polearm. I would recommend changing this to:

Power cooks are proficient with military forks, daggers, and light armor. They may also use the improvised weapons that can be found in kitchens and bars, including but not limited to bottles, frozen chickens, frying pans, stale baguettes, etc., and do not take the -4 penalty to attack rolls made with these weapons.

Debby

Hanuman
2015-07-24, 11:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LbWWx80ZPA

Astral construct :smallsmile: