PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Michael's Specific Warlock Patron #10: Bel, Former Lord of The First

Michael7123
2015-07-20, 02:44 PM
I love the themes the warlock class bring to the table. Any character who wound up pledging himself to some sort of mysterious (Great old one), downright weird (Archfey), or devil (Fiend) will almost always have some sort of interesting backstory which is fun to explore in game.

However, the warlock subclasses in of themselves are pretty limited. Playing a warlock of Dagon, a demon lord of the abyss who resides in water, gives you the same classic "kill them all with fire" benefits as playing a warlock of Asmodeus. This is my attempt to change this.

I plan on designing specific warlock subclasses for the lords of the Nine Hells before moving on to other patrons (both fiendish or otherwise).

Bel

http://pre04.deviantart.net/51fa/th/pre/i/2013/207/d/6/bel__lord_of_the_nine_project__by_vanagandr-d6fcbod.jpg
Me and THIS army!

Expanded Spell list:

Spell Level
Spells

1st
Bane, Heroism

2nd
Enlarge/Reduce, Aid

3rd
Aura of Vitality, Crusader's Mantle*

4th
Aura of Life, Aura of Purity

5th
Wall of Stone, Circle of Power

Pact features:

Diabolic Marshal:
You gain proficiency in medium armor and shields. You also can choose one of the following auras. The aura that you select is active at all times. You cannot change this aura after you've selected it.

Aura of Expertise: All allies within 30 feet of you get critical hits when they roll a natural 19 or natural 20
Aura of Heroics: Allies within 40 feet of you are immune to being frightened.
Aura of Defense: All allies within 15 feet of you gain +1 to their AC
Aura of Ferocity: All allies within 15 feet of you gain +1 to their attack rolls.

Aura of Might:
Starting at level 6, any ally within 20 feet of you gains a +2 bonus to AC or attack rolls (their choice). You do not gain this benefit. At level 14, the radius of this aura extends to 35 feet around you.

Hellish Auras:
Starting at level 10, you can concentrate on up to two aura spells (any spell that effects all allies within a set range of your character.) at the same time. However, while you are concentrating on both of these spells, you may cast no additional spells, with the exception of cantrips.

Infernal Strike Team
Starting at level 14, you can summon up two erinyes. Summoning these creatures is an action. These creatures serve you for three rounds. before vanishing back into the nine hells. You don't need to take any action to control them. You can use this ability once per long rest.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Instead of granting allies additional radiant damage, it grants allies extra necrotic damage instead. Call the spell "Blackguard's Mantle".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you ever use this class in a game, please post a link to the game in this thread or send me a pm telling me how this class performed. Any tips you can offer are helpful!

Michael7123
2015-07-20, 02:46 PM
Remember the Marshal from 3.5? Well, have a 5e warlock marshal.

This class is kinda similar to Dispater's class in as much as it focuses on granting a bunch of buffs. The difference is that this class focuses more on buffing your allies (read: minions) more than making yourself an awesome tank.

JNAProductions
2015-07-20, 02:50 PM
Holy hell, this seems pretty overpowered. Especially since it can stack. A team of four Bel-BladeLocks... Gods above, that would be murderous.

Michael7123
2015-07-20, 02:56 PM
Holy hell, this seems pretty overpowered. Especially since it can stack. A team of four Bel-BladeLocks... Gods above, that would be murderous.

Totally forgot about issues with stacking. I will fix that shortly.

JNAProductions
2015-07-20, 02:57 PM
It's still damn powerful even with just one. You might want to nerf it a little.

Michael7123
2015-07-20, 11:35 PM
It's still damn powerful even with just one. You might want to nerf it a little.

Do you have any ideas that could help me nerf it? I'm having a hard time with this one.

Submortimer
2015-07-21, 02:20 AM
Do you have any ideas that could help me nerf it? I'm having a hard time with this one.

Very simple: get rid of the level 1 aura, and make the level 6 aura a bonus to either attack or damage rolls. The "AC bonus aura is pretty much already covered by Zauriel (I think), and you don't need an extra ability at level 1.

PoeticDwarf
2015-07-21, 05:50 AM
With aura's and lv. 6 feature everyone has +1 attack rolls (also you) and +2 AC (+2 armor is very rare, for a reason).
This is too powerful.