PDA

View Full Version : Playstation network help

Thrawn4
2015-07-20, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone.
So, a friend of mine turned 33 and I would like to give him Mass Effect as a present. He has a PS 3, and apparently the only viable copy is available via the Playstation network. Now, I don't have a playstation and therefore no clue, but I would like to know whether there is a way to get some kind of voucher / coupon to gift him with this game. Steam has something like that, so maybe the ps network does as well?

Any help appreciated.

Comet
2015-07-21, 05:00 AM
Most big stores around here sell Playstation Store codes that you can exchange for currency on your Playstation. Gamestop and the like definitely do. Your friend will have to pick the game himself, but you can give him the virtual money to do so.

Also, I thought they sell the Mass Effect trilogy in a physical package for the PS3? Worth looking into, perhaps.

danzibr
2015-07-21, 01:28 PM
To add to what Comet said...

It looks like Mass Effect is $14.99 on the PSN (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/mass-effect/cid=UP0006-NPUB31052_00-MECOMPILATION000?smcid=pdc:us-en:pdc-games-detail-mass-effect-ps3:leadproductinfo-buy-download:mass-effect:up0006-npub31052_00-mecompilation000).

At Wal*Mart or GameStop or any number of places you can get a PSN card for $20. You can even order them on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/20-PlayStation-Store-Gift-Card/dp/B004RMK4BC). So I'd just buy one of those and give it to your buddy with a card saying for Mass Effect or something.

And I can't help but notice your signatures. My favorite: regret.

Thrawn4
2015-07-22, 04:03 PM
It looks like Mass Effect is $14.99 on the PSN[/URL].

Interesting. It wasn't at that price when I started this thread.

So, is playstation network something that every PS 3 user has, or is it a voluntary thing?

And I can't help but notice your signatures. My favorite: regret.

Regret? Really? I can see where you are coming from, but I always found the answer from the final the most satisfying.

EDIT: Doh, I just realized that Comet has it, too. Well, good to see some other fans around here :smallsmile:

danzibr
2015-07-22, 05:01 PM
Interesting. It wasn't at that price when I started this thread.

So, is playstation network something that every PS 3 user has, or is it a voluntary thing?

Regret? Really? I can see where you are coming from, but I always found the answer from the final the most satisfying.

EDIT: Doh, I just realized that Comet has it, too. Well, good to see some other fans around here :smallsmile:
Can't fancy split quote since I'm on my phone.

The PSN is built into every PS3. Well, the option to get to it. When you boot up your PS3 you select from a menu. Usually you go to a game, but you can also browse the Internet or go straight to the PSN.

As for regret, while I do like the answer from the ending, regret resonates more with me personally.

Thrawn4
2015-08-03, 03:51 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone.
I solved the problem by buying network vouchers