PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next New Aasimar Racial Spell (PEACH)

DracoKnight
2015-07-21, 01:31 AM
I understand that giving the Aasimar Lesser Restoration is flavorful and fits in the world's perception of Angels. However, Angels are also spirits of vengeance, so I propose this as an alternative to Lesser Restoration for those who want more of St. Michael than St. Raphael.

Divine Intervention
Casting Time: 1 reaction, which you take in response to an ally being damaged by a creature within 60 feet of you that you can see.
Range: 60 feet.
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous

You point your finger, and the creature that damaged your ally is surrounded by blinding light. The creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw. It takes 2d10 radiant damage on a failed save, and half as much on a successful one.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d10 for each slot level above 1st.

PoeticDwarf
2015-07-21, 05:13 AM
First, it's a stronger hellish rebuke.
Second, how long is that blindness? And can he/she make the save at the end of his/her turn again.

DracoKnight
2015-07-21, 06:18 AM
Second, how long is that blindness?

Added that in. Thought I had it there the first time.

DracoKnight
2015-07-21, 06:19 AM
First, it's a stronger hellish rebuke.

The damage type and the blindness are the only things that are different. Other than that it's a clone of hellish rebuke.

Gr7mm Bobb
2015-07-21, 07:32 AM
Because you have a negative condition built into it and it can proc from anyone, I would just drop the dice down to 2d8 and add 1d8 and additional time to the blinded condition when using it for higher levels.

DracoKnight
2015-07-21, 02:31 PM
Because you have a negative condition built into it and it can proc from anyone, I would just drop the dice down to 2d8 and add 1d8 and additional time to the blinded condition when using it for higher levels.

It's Aasimar specific (unless you're a Cleric or Paladin, I added it to their lists) and other than being Blinded (which ends on the Aasimar/caster's next turn) it is exactly like Hellish Rebuke, which Tiefling's get.

JNAProductions
2015-07-21, 02:45 PM
That doesn't make it any less powerful. You should drop the damage die.

DracoKnight
2015-07-21, 02:48 PM
That doesn't make it any less powerful. You should drop the damage die.

Would be better to drop the damage die, or the blinded condition?

JNAProductions
2015-07-21, 02:54 PM
I'd say drop the blinded condition. That way it's a selfless reskin of Hellish Rebuke.

DracoKnight
2015-07-21, 03:30 PM
I'd say drop the blinded condition. That way it's a selfless reskin of Hellish Rebuke.

Gotcha. Will do.

DracoKnight
2015-07-21, 09:30 PM
Took away the blinded condition. It's now just a Hellish Rebuke clone :)