PDA

View Full Version : Your most epic d&d adventure?

MissJynx
2015-07-21, 08:40 AM
Post threads about epic adventures/near death experiences you've had in your campaign! :smallsmile:

PallElendro
2015-07-22, 01:40 PM
I think the best way I can explain it is the simple way. 4chan style greentext up ahead.

>Fourth Edition D&D, custom campaign
>Level 14 Dragonborn Paladin on a team with a Barbarian, Ranger, Swordmage, and Cleric
>Fighting an adolescent blue dragon
>Most of my dailies have been spent on heals from the minions. Those things hit hard even if it's only fixed damage.
>Once bloodied, dragon makes a massive hole in the ground, everyone except me fails Athletics to jump back on the remaining ledge. Funny, considering I was wearing heavy armour.
>Dragon gets recharge on breath, about to zap all my buddies.
>Jump!.mp3 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B66vvDQ_rAMyNUxsdDUyLTRnVk0)
>Mitigate fall damage with armour check penalties from Acrobatics.
>Not enough movement to reach the dragon, out of range of Divine Challenge
>Leap_of_faith.exe
>Throw my +3 Magic Bastard Sword, tonnes of penalties I didn't even know about.
>Natural 20 and critical hit, just surpassing Armour Class by 2 with all penalties included.
>Max damage from magic weapon critical hit bonus.
>Just enough damage for the barbarian to get up and lob its head off with her axe

Had I missed with that thrown sword, or not taken it at all, it would still have enough hit points to be alive, and would have used its breath again and likely killed both the Ranger and the Barbarian.

Gnomvid
2015-07-23, 03:42 AM
There was this time in DND 3.5 when an Orc hating ranger (me) and the rest of the party stumbled across a fortress after taking a trip through a water vortex, and I was 2nd-3rd from the front of the group when we approached, and there was a couple/few Orcs guarding the drawbridge that wanted a word with our party, naturally the ranger (me) called them something or other (GM slaps forehead) and they got a bit miffed and epic fighting ensued.
After about 6-8 real time hours of fighting (can't remember exactly now if Ku reads this maybe he recalls I believe we were level 8? did we ding once or twice or more from this one encounter?), an abundance of Orcs (20-30ish?) and at least 1 troll (probably 2), and a hoard (2-300) of Cobolds was slaughtered most of the cobolds died in their bunk houses courtesy of the mage and fireballs.

The ranger (me) very nearly nearly copped it in the tower controlling the gates and I think 2 party members were rendered unconscious there during the fighting, but in the end we stood there the proud owners of a well hidden ex orc fort, a tad worse for wear but nothing a bit of elbow grease couldn't fix, and the GM was not entirely happy as this was the second time Orcs had tried to communicate with our Party regarding something but not quite given the opportunity as the ranger (me) fired arrows at the orcs...

Killer Angel
2015-07-23, 06:24 AM
Probably this is the wrong sub-forum, but anyway...
My most epic adventure, was mastered by me.
It was a short campaign with Planescape as setting, inspired somehow to Planescape-Torment.
The 4 characters woke up in Sigil, as first level, and no memory from their past. They’ll had to trace the hints someone leaved for them, to discover who they are, and, in the process, they gained lost memories and abilities.
It was from lev. 1 to lev. 20 (and beyond), and with any memory-step recovered, they recovered 5 levels. The final revelation is that they were part of the Dark Eight (the generals-lieutenant of Baal). The fiends, fearing assassinations, created a complicated backup plan, with hosts/simulacrums, containing a little part of their essence. In case of death, the simulacrums (the PCs) will awake… and if they will be able to track the right path, they will reborn as the superior pit fiend they were

illyahr
2015-07-23, 11:19 AM
I give you, for your viewing pleasure, The tale of Random the Mad (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16543073&postcount=38). :smallbiggrin:

MissJynx
2015-07-23, 01:16 PM
Very cool adventures, guys! :smallbiggrin:
You are giving me awesome ideas for my own campaigns!:smalltongue: