PDA

View Full Version : Freakiest Characters

Draconium
2015-07-21, 06:35 PM
So, I was sitting here bored earlier, browsing through different character concepts presented here on GitP, when a question occured to me, one which I did not find a thread for already. So, I decided to make one. My question is this:

Of all the characters you've roleplayed, or even came up with the concept for, which ones have been your freakiest? Which characters would not have been out of place as a horror movie villain, or would be right at home in a Lovecraftian tale?

Please, regale us with your stories!

BoardPep
2015-07-21, 06:54 PM
I'm assuming the characters are going to get a lot more strange than this, but I haven't really done too much on the strange side.

But since you mentioned Lovecraftian... I once made a Water Orc Wizard in D&D3.5E with higher strength than Intelligence. He had an octopus familiar which he carried around in a large barrel of water on his back. So whenever he would grapple enemies, whether it was normally or with some magical arm-assistance, his familiar would apply it's +4 bonus by reaching out with a few tentacles and grappling along with it's master. So I'm sure that was unsettling for enemies. "That guy just blasted me with fire and now he's running up and grappling me? Wait... AHHH tentacles? Where did those come from? Where are they going?!?"

I didn't get to play Zarohmer very long. I regret that.

Kid Jake
2015-07-21, 07:48 PM
I've seen some true monsters in my time. Awesome monsters, but still monsters.

The first I'll mention was an NPC from my M&M campaign, although he WAS supposed to be one of my regular player's PCs, he just couldn't make it. Rather than describe the beautiful horror that was Manslug, I'll just link to where Sith_Happens just collected every mention of him I posted into a single handy spoiler box (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19002331&postcount=50).

The second is a player from my Pathfinder game. Gandil was a ruthless bandit masquerading as a man of law and order. He murdered the sheriff of a small town and usurped his position so that he and his partner could better control the townspeople. He overestimated his own abilities however and was murdered by highwaymen en route to a neighboring town. Living Gandil was bad, but dead Gandil was so much worse.

Almost a week after dying, and his body being donated to the local mad scientist to be harvested for golem parts, Gandil woke up due to a strange magical accident which transformed his rotting corpse into a ghoul. After bullying his reanimator into making him a hat of disguise, Gandil reassumed his position as sheriff and hunted down the bandits which murdered him in life; slaying most but keeping one or two around for the fresh human meat his body craved.

The more time he spent as a ghoul, the less and less he used manufactured weapons such as his greatsword and the more he became dependent on his teeth and claws to bring down his victims. He spread his plague all across the country side, resulting in countless deaths as a veritable zombie apocalypse ravaged the land. This was unfortunate for him, not because of the horrendous implications of a mass cannibalistic uprising; but because the reason so many turned into ghouls was because he was unable to kill them in a timely manner before they escaped his rampage...thus he had an idea: He needed an upgrade.

He had his lower jaw severed and replaced with an iron mass of razor sharp blades, he then had about 70% of his hands amputated and replaced with dagger-like claws; leaving just enough meat for his ghoul paralysis to flare when he scraped people. Strangely, the more monstrous and inhuman he became; the more noble he envisioned himself and because of his constant lies and the illusions wove around him to hide his identity, the more the townspeople also grew to love him.

TheThan
2015-07-21, 08:11 PM
Here we go:

Zors Igothan- the far seer
He’s A Half farspawn human psychic warrior.

He had a really cool background. He had been abducted as a child, taken to the far-realms and experimented on (to learn human’s weaknesses); he escaped and made it back to the prime material. Now he wonders the world delivering speeches about the end of the world (from street corners naturally) because he knew this legion of incomprehensible monsters from the far realms were planning on invading.

Sure he was a sandwich board wearing nutjob that could spontaneously turn into a tentacle monster, but he’s right.

Wonder why the Dm shot that one down.

Kane0
2015-07-21, 09:07 PM
I once played a sadomasochistic fighter. He was otherwise pretty average, it was just that his motivation was different to most people when it came to adventuring. I think it was the uncanny valley at work that made him so unnerving to everyone else.

JAL_1138
2015-07-21, 09:48 PM
I had a true neutral druid once whose "interrogation" methods were so brutal a demon--not an especially powerful one, but a demon--started screaming "OH GODS PLEASE NO I'LL TELL YOU ANYTHING" the minute it saw him with a knife.

I am no longer allowed to conduct interrogations whatsoever unless my character is Neutral Good or Lawful Good, has a fantastic Persuasion or Bluff skill, and is vehemently opposed to torture.

SkipSandwich
2015-07-21, 10:58 PM
I had a CE Wood Elf Barbiaran whose life philosophy could be summed up as "Eat or be eaten". He came from a tribal society that held the belief that the strength of your foes became yours if you consumed their flesh. His diet consisted almost entirely of the bodies of his fallen foes, and he would craft jewelry and charms out of the bits of more memorable encounters. He was held in check by the party leader (A LN Psychic Warrior) despite frequent Starscream-esque takeover gambits. His Cha was terrible though, so on the rare occasion he was able to legitimately assume authority, everyone would ignore his orders and the status quo would resume momentarily. It was hilarious, if only because both "Eat what you kill" and "You are what you eat" were both so strongly ingrained in his worldview as to prevent him from lashing out with violence in response to commoners snubbing him.

In a different direction, I also once played a Female Half-Orc rogue who presented herself as a Human Male who disguised himself almost exclusively as a Female wearing Male attire. I never showed anyone but the DM my character sheet so the rest of the party would make all kinds of crazy guesses as to her real identity.

GorinichSerpant
2015-07-21, 11:47 PM
In a campaign I'm running that is currently on hold, each one of the characters is a living skeleton and the shtick of one of them is that he has a Trigun style fun-arm that he uses to collect souls. As of now he has the souls of the vary cultist who attached the arm stuck in his hollow skull. Said skeleton was also part of those cultist until they all got absorbed into him.

While we haven't actually played yet, it can only go one of two ways, silly comedy or horror. Possibly both.

BeerMug Paladin
2015-07-22, 12:39 AM
I had a true neutral female human druid named Illiana. After every battle, she would dismember the corpses of the slain and place them together into a mulch pile. She would derive a mild sexual thrill from participating in especially violently gory scenes and being splattered with blood. She enjoyed rot, gore and death and didn't mind extolling the positive benefits of such things to people. Didn't write bad poetry about it or dress up like a corpse, though she did wield a scythe. She dressed in mostly tattered rags. She was rather thin and frail.

Party members did not like spending time with her in her post-battle affairs, and actually did not like her much at all, apart from her being useful in trying to save the world from the particular doom for the campaign. When the campaign concluded, she was heading out into absolute isolation to the most remote and utterly destroyed areas of the world to work on getting those places recovered from a terrible blight. Since she had a very low constitution (it was maybe 7, but I can't recall for sure), she was also going to research lichdom in order to help in this goal.

BWR
2015-07-22, 12:48 AM
Weirdest thing I played was a sentient photocopier named zzzzzzDONK! (the exclamation mark was not a click sound, just there to show the 'donk' bit should be pronounced loudly).

JAL_1138
2015-07-22, 08:26 AM
Weirdest thing I played was a sentient photocopier named zzzzzzDONK! (the exclamation mark was not a click sound, just there to show the 'donk' bit should be pronounced loudly).

My god. An office copier. *shudder* That's the most pure unadulterated evil in a character concept I've ever heard of. I...I think I need a drink...in a very well-lit place...preferably away from electricity...like maybe an island in the middle of a lake, where a copier couldn't possibly get to.

Artemicion
2015-07-22, 08:36 AM
I played my freakiest character in a homebrew game loosely based on "Mage: the Awakening" premise (reality is relative for those who see it, mortals have agreed on one reality, called the consensus, for the world to make sense). The character believed that the consensus "corrupted" a man's soul and robbed him of his divinity. All souls should be ominpotent and omniscient, but having been "corrupted" by the consensus, they are shackled to a lower reality.

So his way to free people was kill their mortal form, then captured their soul and draw all the "consensus corruption" from them (and that gave him free quintessence, yippee!), letting the soul depart to an unknown reality.

Well, anyways, that was his view on things. Others saw that by drawing substance from the souls, he was destroying them. So he basically hunted people down, killed them, then destroyed their souls for energy.

For their own good.

Edit: His only problem was inefficiency. How many souls could he free by himself? He found a way, though - through time traveling shenanigans and the help of a powerful, yet tricked, life mage, he created a specie of trees that would draw upon the soul stuff to grow. Life mage agreed because another member of the party had destroyed the sun and plant life would disappear if they did not find another source of energy.

BWR
2015-07-22, 08:44 AM
My god. An office copier. *shudder* That's the most pure unadulterated evil in a character concept I've ever heard of. I...I think I need a drink...in a very well-lit place...preferably away from electricity...like maybe an island in the middle of a lake, where a copier couldn't possibly get to.

He was also an astronaut.
It was TOON.

Atanvarno
2015-07-22, 12:23 PM
I once had a 3.5 character who specialized in creating grafts, who was utterly aloof and amoral.

Another player in the same game played a multi-attack focused psychic warrior, who was obsessed with obtaining physical perfection.

By midgame we'd replaced half his body, and grafted on something like 11 extra clawed appendages onto him.

He'd wear a cloak everywhere, which shifted and bulged unnaturally.

If we ever needed to make an intimidate check, we'd start discussing what useful parts we might extract from the other party.

togapika
2015-07-22, 12:43 PM
First there was my Risus character made from Abraham Lincoln, Superhero, and Film Noir Detective.

2nd. Klaus
Built as a warforged warlock, he claimed to be a gnome sealed in a power suit that he and his dearly departed father had invented so that his father could travel the world. Basic story involved his father being sickly and frail and the military attempting to steal the suit after realizing the possibilities. Something something, fight ensues and his father is killed or has a heart attack or something while Klaus put on the suit to try and save him and ended up welded inside/sealed inside somehow. He would only have warlock powers suited to a power suit (flight, freeze beam, flamethrower, etc.)
The twist would be that while this is what he believes, he might be a gnome in a power suit, or he might just be an insane warforged; that part would be left up to the GM.

noob
2015-07-22, 01:04 PM
I remember a bard able to automatically convert anyone in a fanatic slave in one round.

Cealocanth
2015-07-22, 02:13 PM
The freakiest? That's a hard question.

The freakiest NPC I have had was a monster known as 'The Mother of the Green.' This was a human female infected with a sentient magical virus that gave them control over a mysterious necrotic disease known as 'The Green'. Infected would turn into servants of the green, effectively transforming into undead. Some became the shambling undead guards of the mother's den, but others became worse. The green manipulated their bodies and minds into monstrosities. Where they needed certain traits, the Green would warp their forms to its liking. This often meant forcing the victims to grow calloused armor-like plates on their skin and natural weapons made of bone from their limbs and spine. If an infected victim was not fit to be a living minion, the corpse was transformed into a part of the den itself. Everything in the den, traps, light sources, the walls themselves, were the twisted and corrupted bodies of living infected humans. The Mother of the Green was eventually destroyed by an adventuring party, but the party themselves were infected when they entered that den. The virus still spreads, biding it's time, until it finds a suitable human host to create the next Mother of the Green.

The freakiest PC I have had had the same sort of twisted, organic theme to it. For a supers game, it was a humanoid creature grown in the lab of a mad scientist who was attempting to perfect a cloning machine. The character was a failed experiment, a human skeleton with a single layer of skin stretched over it. It had no senses beyond that of touch, and obtained consciousness through alien genes integrated into the system. The creature, which came to be known as Harold, had complete control over the structure of its bones, and could transform any organic tissue into bone by consuming it. In this way, Harold could change its shape and size, forming natural weapons and armor out of bone itself. Harold was a supervillian. It used its mastery of bone to exact revenge on its mad master, killing and absorbing any creature that got in its way. Personality wise, though, Harold was very much like Frankenstein's Monster. It held a similar personality to its master - jealous, vengeful, entitled, and a little bit insane -, but was more like a child attempting to find its purpose than a man looking for retribution.

JAL_1138
2015-07-22, 02:22 PM
He was also an astronaut.
It was TOON.

You think I'm making fun of the character.

I am not. I have dealt with office copiers. In their nonsentient form they are already the second-most hateful, vile, cruel, evil machines yet designed by man, surpassed only by printer/fax/copier combo machines. The only reason they haven't killed us all is that they're physically limited to screwing up the paper or otherwise refusing to work at vital times.

The idea of a sentient, animate office copier? That's a being evil enough to scare the Devil himself into closing down Hell and going to church to pray for protection.

Spartakus
2015-07-22, 04:12 PM

That is...

...beyond words. Please, I need to hear some stories about it.

But it reminds me of Horst. A player got a wish and wished it's shield to be animated. The result was a sentient stealshield. It's enhancemend bonus was randomly determined by a 1d4-roll at the beginning of every battle because it sometimes was a little afraid of the enemies. If the party was curbstomping an encounter Horst demanded that someone hit the enemy with him.

Malimar
2015-07-22, 04:38 PM
My freakiest character was rather tame: Dr. Blelyj, "evil mastermind", who concerned himself with things like donating to orphanages ("investing in potential future minions"), recruiting foes instead of killing them, and offering a health care and dental plan to all his minions. The semi-freaky part is how he enjoyed breeding his various minions with one another. His crowning freakiness may have been his attempt to breed yetis with woolly mammoths to create giant fluffy centaurs.

TheThan
2015-07-22, 05:29 PM
You think I'm making fun of the character.

I am not. I have dealt with office copiers. In their nonsentient form they are already the second-most hateful, vile, cruel, evil machines yet designed by man, surpassed only by printer/fax/copier combo machines. The only reason they haven't killed us all is that they're physically limited to screwing up the paper or otherwise refusing to work at vital times.

you know, Jal makes a point. Those things are pretty evil.

goto124
2015-07-22, 08:32 PM
Being freaky helps a lot in interrogations:

Jack Rabbit: Maybe we should get the goat.
Mellor: The goat?
Jack Rabbit: Yeah, the goat.
Natasha: How is this going to solve our doughnut problem?
Jack Rabbit: It’s not, but it’ll solve our other problem. Plus it makes the goat happy.
Mellor: The only person who’s happy when the goat is happy is you!
Jack Rabbit: How much lard do you think we’ll need anyway?
NPC being interrogated: You are all sick f***s!!

BWR
2015-07-23, 09:41 AM
That is...

...beyond words. Please, I need to hear some stories about it.

Not much to say, really. I played him one only episode of TOON. He was kinda like Bugs only a bit more inclined to spray paper and/or ink all over the place or try to trap people and photocopy their face (or other body parts). He wasn't a terribly good astronaut, though.

Inevitability
2015-07-25, 04:37 AM
I once played an Awakened Tiny Monstrous Spider Beguiler. Yeah, that's right, an intelligent spider the size of a cat with an arsenal of illusion magic. Sadly, the game was shut down shortly after I joined.

A few months later, I recreated it... but with increased optimization and/or crazy rules knowledge. The result? An Awakened Dark Skitterhaunt Hairy Spider warlock. Basically, a normal spider whose exoskeleton got taken over by an ooze, which was then awakened and finally infused with shadowy energy and offered power in exchange for the few remaining bits of sanity he had. His Hide and Move Silently were in the mid-fourties, he could fly at-will, and was generally insane.

shad0wfunk
2015-07-25, 01:00 PM
Mine was in Heroes Unlimited character built in a Rifts world

I played a mad scientist experiment that was a man-spider known as The Red Recluse. It had an ambiguous gender, 8 spider legs attached to its back, spider-like skin, six glowing red eyes, crawl on walls at 150mph, and had organic web blasters for its forearms.

After adventuring the group discovers a town and Recluse used its intelligence (was equivalent to someone having an IQ of 240 irl) and charisma to take control of said town communist style with everyone working for the "government". After becoming their leader it named itself Lord Recluse.

Arbane
2015-07-26, 05:03 AM
After adventuring the group discovers a town and Recluse used its intelligence (was equivalent to someone having an IQ of 240 irl) and charisma to take control of said town communist style with everyone working for the "government". After becoming their leader it named itself Lord Recluse.

You're a City of Villains fan?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100128185255/villains/images/thumb/0/00/Lordrecluse.png/300px-Lordrecluse.png

Jbr208
2015-07-26, 08:02 AM
Not especially freaky, but this character literally made another player look at me and call me a "sick, twisted ****."

Dread Necromancer in 3.5, two groups playing on opposite sides of a siege. My side was the sieging side. The city was on the coast, with simple walls to protect it from most land based attacks. Cue the dread necromancer with a robe of bone. Because the city didn't have an adequate sea wall, I was able to send some wolf skeletons around the wall, through the surf, and into the town. They had a simple order once inside: "kill."

They did, with ruthless efficiency. There was just one problem (from any number of perspectives), they hadn't targeted soldiers. Instead, the wolf skeletons discovered the hatchery of this homebrew lizard race and destroyed all but one egg and killed all of the young in this small city. Their work was discovered at the end of the first day of the siege, and before the start of the siege the barbarian had done some roleplaying of his character playing with the hatchlings. This small act of genocide led to the "you sick, twisted ****" comment. The siege ended on the second day, with my side emerging victorious. Somewhere I have written down the speech my character gave at the start of day 2, it was pretty jacked up because my faction worshipped the God of Dread in that setting; but it worked, the guys in my army got a boost to will saves vs fear, a bonus to hit and damage, and a healthy respect for their second in command. In the end, the city was destroyed, all but a handful of the lizard race were destroyed (PCs escaped with the remaining egg), and a chunk of my faction's forces survived to return home, with a few more undead servants than we had arrived with.

mpollack
2015-07-30, 09:17 AM
I'm playing a rather freaky character right now. It's a pathfinder game where I am playtesting a prestige class called the Mentalist. A mentalist heavily drops a number of spell slots and spells known in favor of "psion flavor" abilities. Some of the abilities that stand out: automatic silent and still spell on all spells cast, dual rolls on any "mental" skill check (social skills, knowledge checks), the ability to have a divination spell in the background (like detect thoughts) ... and a boost to spell DCs of a school of choice.

So I built an LE drow enchantress with divination abilities. Sorcerer base, max cha, decent int. She reads minds or otherwise determines your desire, and then uses a mix of enchanting spells or social skill checks to further pump you for information or get you to do stuff. When she's done, she just firebombs you while gloating. I used my leadership feat to get an Igor-style cohort. She's an avid student of psychology and tactics. I put her on a team full of good guys and chaotic neutrals.

What gets really creepy is that I've twisted her good side. She's an evil "good guy" because her past causes her to lash out at other villains and because she's capable not only of practicality but of things like empathy. But even when she opens up, drops the regal nature or decides to do the good things, she's often manipulating everyone around her.

Oberon Kenobi
2015-07-30, 09:42 AM
My weirdest was probably The High Atmosphere Drifter, a sentient tentacled bag of helium from a gas giant. The character pitch was literally "Clint Eastwood, only a flying jellyfish." This was Fate, so one of my Aspects was "One Guy With Six Guns." I should note, this was well over a year before I'd ever even heard of Blasto (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGldy-ABbsw).

Mind you, the game had a stunt-driving hairball as one of the other characters, as well as (gasp!) a human: specifically, the last member of The Fifth Great and Bountiful Swiss Empire. The Empire had vanished following the rise of a dangerous plague sweeping the galaxy, said plague basically being the Tyranids, if the Tyranids were quasi-sapient kudzu chocolate plants. Chocolateer (not a typo) was a dangerous and noble profession. Opposable thumbs were basically a superpower, and nobody believed the poor guy when he said he was Swiss, because nobody else knew what the Swiss actually looked like.

That was a fun game. ^.^

Runner-up would be Boisterous Bu Wei, aka The Chicken of Wrath. He was a featherless chicken who knew karate and yelled a lot. He was also the lead singer in a band.
(This was Jadeclaw, so none of this was all that unusual, hence him being the runner-up.)

Garimeth
2015-07-30, 09:44 AM
The freakiest? That's a hard question.

The freakiest NPC I have had was a monster known as 'The Mother of the Green.' This was a human female infected with a sentient magical virus that gave them control over a mysterious necrotic disease known as 'The Green'. Infected would turn into servants of the green, effectively transforming into undead. Some became the shambling undead guards of the mother's den, but others became worse. The green manipulated their bodies and minds into monstrosities. Where they needed certain traits, the Green would warp their forms to its liking. This often meant forcing the victims to grow calloused armor-like plates on their skin and natural weapons made of bone from their limbs and spine. If an infected victim was not fit to be a living minion, the corpse was transformed into a part of the den itself. Everything in the den, traps, light sources, the walls themselves, were the twisted and corrupted bodies of living infected humans. The Mother of the Green was eventually destroyed by an adventuring party, but the party themselves were infected when they entered that den. The virus still spreads, biding it's time, until it finds a suitable human host to create the next Mother of the Green.

Digging this, may make an insane elven druid like this for my campaign. You come up with this idea on your own or draw inspiration from somewhere? I made a somewhat similar dungeon themed with fungus zombies similar to the Last of Us and the Daggerfall Covenant questline in Elder Scrolls Online, my players had a blast.

Jon_Dahl
2015-07-30, 03:26 PM
I once played a human wizard who wanted to have sex with a female from every humanoid race, including dragons and monstrous humanoids and possibly with other races that had enough remotely humanoid features. He died very quickly.

Arbane
2015-07-30, 05:38 PM
I once played a human wizard who wanted to have sex with a female from every humanoid race, including dragons and monstrous humanoids and possibly with other races that had enough remotely humanoid features. He died very quickly.

Yeah, for that character, you have to be a Bard.

Oberon Kenobi
2015-07-30, 07:55 PM
Yeah, for that character, you have to be a Bard.Or a Paladin. :smallcool:

goto124
2015-07-30, 09:04 PM
Is that a disease immunity thing?

The Campaign Quotes thread mentioned 'How is the paladin sluttier than the succubus?'

Oberon Kenobi
2015-07-31, 03:38 AM
More a commentary on the Paladin also being a high-Charisma class and not actually having any requirements to maintain chastity. Deities of love, romance and lust can have Paladins too.

Disease immunity is also a thing, though it wasn't what I was aimin' for; I'm pretty sure it was referenced in Welch's List. :smalltongue:

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-31, 05:47 AM
Nothing really freaky, although I did attempt to get the GM to let me play the dinner table once. Not even a sentient one. It was shot down.

For concepts nothing really up there, but I do want to play the chaste bard with a spy network of prostitutes sometime. His back story involves him being the son of a bard and a prostitute who got disgusted at sex after discovering STIs, but regards prostitutes as the most reliable information source in most towns. I'm torn between straight bard and divine bard/paladin of freedom for the build (focusing on Dex, Wis, and Cha and fighting with a rapier, ideally with Strength and Intelligence of 10 or 11). Not named yet, but will be given a really stereotypical bard name.

goto124
2015-07-31, 06:17 AM
Will your Bard invent protection? Seeing that he avoids for more practical reasons.

Also, 'straight bard' could mean something else entirely.

Anonymouswizard
2015-07-31, 11:38 AM
Will your Bard invent protection? Seeing that he avoids for more practical reasons.

Also, 'straight bard' could mean something else entirely.

Only if he ends up with the Intelligence to buy the relevant knowledge or craft skill within the first few levels. In all honesty it sounds like a half-decent plot arc for a mature group.

Part of the plan is to give him two paladin levels so that he'd one below having immunity to disease, although aura of courage would be nice level 3 sort of makes the concept nonsensical after diseases come up in play. So Bard X/Paladin of Freedom 2, if I have to go arcane bard but can pick up PoF I'll have to see if I can nab that armour casting feat from Complete Arcane.

Sith_Happens
2015-07-31, 11:20 PM
So I'm reading through the Beast: The Primordial Kickstarter preview, and guess what the first character concept that pops into my head is? If you guessed "Shapeshifting tentacle monster with a sex addiction and the magic power to make people extremely desperate," then you guessed right. Yeah. Don't ask how or why I come up with this stuff because I have no idea, all I know is that sometimes I creep myself out.

Needless to say that character got shot down about as quickly as I expected when it came time to join a play-by-post. Luckily I'd already come up with a second, much less inherently rapey concept by then that I probably would have ended up playing anyways if I'd gotten to choose.

The first I'll mention was an NPC from my M&M campaign, although he WAS supposed to be one of my regular player's PCs, he just couldn't make it. Rather than describe the beautiful horror that was Manslug, I'll just link to where Sith_Happens just collected every mention of him I posted into a single handy spoiler box (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19002331&postcount=50).

Glad to be helpful.:smallwink:

JAL_1138
2015-08-01, 08:12 AM
I've mentioned both of these in another thread, but might as well include them here.

Not particularly "freaky," just odd, but I once made a halfling bard who was pretty much just (country-music legend of diminuitive physical stature) Little Jimmy Dickens. Just about a foot shorter. Other than that, pretty much him. Spangly fringed cowboy outfit and all. He would've introduced himself with "I'm Little But I'm Loud" and used the chorus of "May The Bird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose" for Vicious Mockery and Cutting Words. He got shot down, though.

Another bard was the stereotypical ludicrously-overdressed fop with a ridiculous hat, who was quite silly, cheerful, life-loving, thrill-seeking, etc., etc. Classic "you spoony bard!" character. That, however, was a front put up by a broken, horribly-depressed alcoholic who desperately hoped that if he faked it long enough he might start believing his own lie. I had been one of the sillier, more cheerful, shenanigan-prone members of the group IRL, and delivered that bit of information about the character in an overly-cheerful tone with a huge obviously-fake smile, and immediately took out a hip flask and took a drink.