PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spirit Guide Battle Oracle.

Elric VIII
2015-07-22, 01:59 PM
So, I have an idea for an "enlightened warrior" oracle, taking the battle mystery and the spirit guide archetype for the lore spirit and the arcane enlightenement hex. What are some good non-cleric wizard/sorc spells I should take?

Geddy2112
2015-07-22, 10:39 PM
"If the shaman takes levels in another class that grants a mystery (such as the oracle), the spirit and mystery must match, even if that means one of them must change. Subject to GM discretion, the shaman can change her former mystery or spirit to make them conform."
" A spirit guide cannot bond with a spirit that is incompatible with her alignment, ethos, or mystery (GM's discretion)."

First things first, clear this with your DM. RAW it is not allowed, but your DM could say otherwise.

Assuming they do, it depends on what you want to do. Haste is probably one of the best for a lower level spell. Prestidigitation and ghost sound are very useful cantrips. Grease, web, silent image, mirror image, slow, hideous laughter, and unnatural lust are all good low level spells.

Elric VIII
2015-07-22, 11:34 PM
"If the shaman takes levels in another class that grants a mystery (such as the oracle), the spirit and mystery must match, even if that means one of them must change. Subject to GM discretion, the shaman can change her former mystery or spirit to make them conform."
" A spirit guide cannot bond with a spirit that is incompatible with her alignment, ethos, or mystery (GM's discretion)."

First things first, clear this with your DM. RAW it is not allowed, but your DM could say otherwise.

Assuming they do, it depends on what you want to do. Haste is probably one of the best for a lower level spell. Prestidigitation and ghost sound are very useful cantrips. Grease, web, silent image, mirror image, slow, hideous laughter, and unnatural lust are all good low level spells.

I'm not really sure if the rules of the shaman should apply to an archetype of the oracle. "Incompatible" is not the same thing as "different," and I think the fact that the spirit guide uses different wording than the shaman rules further highlights that. The spirit guide rule seems to simply prevent opposites like fire/waves or metal/nature, etc.

Additionally, since it says "she must make this selection each day when she refreshes her spells," it clearly allows you to choose from multiple spirits.

That said, those are some good spell choices, so thank you for that.