View Full Version : Pathfinder Samsaran Druid/Oracle

Palanan
2015-07-22, 03:17 PM
For an upcoming Kingmaker game we all have free cohorts, and I'm working on a flavor-heavy concept that tickled my fancy. This would be a Life Oracle with druid levels, focused on healing and forest-warding. She'll be my druid's Girl Friday and won't be doing much direct adventuring, but will be managing brush fires while the ruling council is handling major crises.

I've always wanted to try a Samsaran, and I'm thinking Oracle 3/Druid 3 with the Life mystery and the Wind subdomain. She'll have the Channel and Energy Body revelations, and for feats I'm thinking Extra Channelling and Shaping Focus for access to flight.

I'd also like to use the Mystic Past Life alternate racial trait, and here's my question: Can I use this to add second-level cleric spells to her druid spell list? And if so, what would be three or four appropriate choices? Cure Moderate Wounds would fit with the healing theme, but what else would be useful here?

grarrrg
2015-07-22, 06:56 PM
I've always wanted to try a Samsaran, and I'm thinking Oracle 3/Druid 3 with the Life mystery and the Wind subdomain. She'll have the Channel and Energy Body revelations, and for feats I'm thinking Extra Channelling and Shaping Focus for access to flight.

Note: you cannot take Shaping Focus until Druid 4 (total level 5 for Skill Ranks), which is when you actually have the Wild Shape ability.

You might also consider going Oracle 6 into Green Faith Acolyte (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/green-faith-acolyte) instead.
It gets you all the "Druid flavor" without having weakened spellcasting, or 2 "primary" casting stats.

I'd also like to use the Mystic Past Life alternate racial trait, and here's my question: Can I use this to add second-level cleric spells to her druid spell list? And if so, what would be three or four appropriate choices? Cure Moderate Wounds would fit with the healing theme

From the Mystic Past Life Ability:
"These spells do not have to be spells you can cast as a 1st-level character."
You can add Divine spells of ANY level, you just don't have access to them until the appropriate level.
Also, Cure Moderate Wounds is already on the Druid (and Oracle) lists, so it does you little good to spend Past Life on it.

Also, going by the strictest interpretation, the ability lets you add spells from _one_ other list to any _one_ other list. If you are adding to Druid, then Oracle would be the best overall option. Oracle has everything Cleric has, plus a couple.