PDA

View Full Version : I had an idea what to do with D&D 3.0 books (3.0, not 3.5!)

Jon_Dahl
2015-07-23, 02:02 AM
I've tried selling them... Over and over again.
Then I thought about the whole thing and...
I decided to donate them to the library of the place where I grew up. When I was a kid, no one wanted to roleplay, I didn't have my first rpg group until I was 22, but I had dreamed about roleplaying since I was 11 or 12. Living in the countryside wasn't easy. Sometimes it seemed that mopeds and ice hockey were the only things that mattered those days to other kids (adolescents, precisely). Now, after two decades, I can finally put a little touch of fantasy and imagination to my birthplace that always reminds of the movie Deliverance.

hamishspence
2015-07-23, 05:55 AM
Seems reasonable. I read the Call of Cthulhu rulebook for the first time at my town library.

Killer Angel
2015-07-23, 05:59 AM
That's certainly a better destiny than to lie forgotten in an partly hidden part of your library (as mine are doing right now).
You know what? I'll think on it, seems a good idea. :smallwink:

Jon_Dahl
2015-07-23, 06:26 AM
Seems reasonable. I read the Call of Cthulhu rulebook for the first time at my town library.

Is it a dark library with lots of shadows and web-toed librarians who whisper cryptic hints?

hamishspence
2015-07-23, 09:33 AM
Heh :smallamused: Not dark and gloomy though.

frogglesmash
2015-07-23, 03:11 PM
Most of my initial d&d knowledge came from me commandeering them from the local library for an entire summer, and reading them instead of interacting with people.

atemu1234
2015-07-23, 03:13 PM
This is a very philanthropic goal. But I still use my 3e books, especially the ones that were never updated.

The PHB and DMG get used because I put in sticky notes with conversion material where it was important.