PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Evil Campaign character. Looking for ideas

Rolero
2015-07-23, 06:51 AM
Hi there Giants!

We are about to get to a pit stop on our current campaign, and the GM has proposed to start anew, but with an evil theming.

This is something we have been looking for for a while, and I think it can be fun to play the villain. However, we just don't want to be the chaotic kill-everything type, but aspiring crime lords and conquerors. We have yet to sit down and talk about party objectives and the like, as well as potencial party characters to this type of gaming.

Here is where you come in. I am looking for ideas for my character concept and build, I am so used to play the hero that I'm not really sure what to play. But don't worry, I can do evil allright and play sneaky characters as well (hell, I played a Shosuro infiltrator in a L5R game, and the party thougth I was an Ikoma bard for months)

In any case, I am interested in playing a spellcaster, full or not, but after playing pure martials for a while, I want to return to my rots, and unleash the magic user in me.

Some specifics about character creation:

-We begin at 4th level
-Point buy system with 15 points.
-We are not allowed 3rd party stuff
-We are playing in Forgotten Realms
-We can use templates, although nothing too rare

With that said, It will be fun to play with an original and fun character, there is no need for him to be broken. Generally, I don't like to play one-trick ponys, and try to be versatile.

Looking foward to your suggestions!

Mystral
2015-07-23, 06:54 AM
I don't know about this, but I'm sure Red Fel knows one or two things about this. Yes, Red Fel might be able to help you. It would be good ifRED FEL were to see this thread.

Red Fel
2015-07-23, 07:20 AM
Red Fel

Red Fel

RED FEL

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-23-2015/_FioEQ.gif

Showtime! Finally, somebody gets that right. Three times, people! Not hard!

My friend, you've come to the right place. But before we can start by discussing how utterly awesome your Evil character will be, let's first discuss some mechanics. You want to play a spellcaster, partial or full; that's a good start. But tell me about your character as a person.

Here's the great thing about playing Evil: It's a lot like playing Good. Characters are still people, they have wants, needs, histories, and bodies buried in a landfill someplace. Like normal people. So let's start from the ground up. Tell me a little about who your guy is, as a person, and we can work on turning him into a playable, functional character. Tell me about what you'd like to do in the party - utility? Support? Blasting? Bend the universe to your iron will, that all may know your madness and despair? Basketweaving?

World's your oyster, chief. Let's crack that bad boy open and find some pearls, hm?

Rolero
2015-07-23, 08:09 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-23-2015/_FioEQ.gif

Showtime! Finally, somebody gets that right. Three times, people! Not hard!

My friend, you've come to the right place. But before we can start by discussing how utterly awesome your Evil character will be, let's first discuss some mechanics. You want to play a spellcaster, partial or full; that's a good start. But tell me about your character as a person.

Here's the great thing about playing Evil: It's a lot like playing Good. Characters are still people, they have wants, needs, histories, and bodies buried in a landfill someplace. Like normal people. So let's start from the ground up. Tell me a little about who your guy is, as a person, and we can work on turning him into a playable, functional character. Tell me about what you'd like to do in the party - utility? Support? Blasting? Bend the universe to your iron will, that all may know your madness and despair? Basketweaving?

World's your oyster, chief. Let's crack that bad boy open and find some pearls, hm?

Jesus, I haven't lol'd so hard for quite a while! XD

Nice to meet you Red Fel! You seen to know the evil bussiness quite well (with that intro, how couldn't you?)

Ok, I will try to point out some of the basics for the character concept, although, and as I said, I primarily came here looking for ideas, so I don't have a full picture yet. Nevertheless, here's what first come to mind:

-He's from humble origins and orphaned at a young age.
-He had very different parents and homes, as he bounced from one place to another for being rebelious and challenging the local laws.
-He was always jealous of rich and powerful people, and is resolved to be at the top one day, at any cost.
-He is not an insensible monster however, and is capable of being loyal and caring, and even love, as he had some people dear for him during his uprising. Although, they are long gone by now.

More or less, this is some basic background about his morals. Personality wise, he is a two-face man. He prefers to scheme and play a good guy mask if needed, but at the same time, can be totally ruthless if the situation demands it. So generally, he tries to be diplomatic and empathic, to gather info about the area and potential opponents, even offering help to gain a position where he can strike undetected.

For his capabilities, He does not like to dirt his hands, and prefers to attack at a distance or let others do the wetwork, be it by offering support, mind-control, summons or just blast everything if it gets the job done quicker. He is methodical and prioritize effeciency over theatrics.

As I write this, the mad scientist megalomaniac concept comes to mind, but with a mixture of insanity, humor and well-laid plans.

To this end, maybe a wizard of alchemist build could do the trick, or a well optimized sorcerer. But of course, I am completely open to your suggestions.

lonewolf1210
2015-07-23, 08:10 AM
Red Fel raises some very good points. But I dont believe that it is absolutely necessary to start with the personal stuff before you decide on class and abilities. If you want to play an evil cleric for example, your personality will likely be very different than if you play an evil bard.

Im gonna show you an evil character of mine. It is NOT meant to be a copy/paste for you, but maybe it can provide some inspiration.
Note 2 things though: It is a character from the Eberron setting and he is from a solo game, so not everything will apply for you:

build:
Changeling Cloistered Cleric of Blood of Vol(no multiclassing, mainly to keep skillpoints high)
Abilities: strong focus on mental scores. Melee combat is for my minions
Feats(up to lvl6): Able Learner(for all those social & stealth skills), Tomb tainted Soul(to heal myself), Leadership(more minions)
Domains: Necromancer, Deathbound, Knowledge

playing Style:
With strong social and knowledge skills as well as decent stealth abilties, combat most of the time only happens when I decide it to happen. And when I do, I make sure to have the correct spells prepared for that specific occasion and my minions to back me up.
The cleric spell list provides plenty of spells that are not the usual "buff until you are a better fighter than the fighter" type but rather are perfect for a more intrigue focused game. The Knowledge Domain is really helpful here with 2 very underrated spells at low levels(Detect Secret Doors, Detect Thoughts). Other very important and useful spells: Silence, Deeper Darkness(cast on a copper coin every few days that you keep in an easy to reach pocket), various disables(hold person, Blindness, Wrack, etc.)

Minions:
Several sources for those:
- Rebuke Undead (medicore at lvl4, but gets a huge jump upward once you can control shadows(which can easily solo kill many dangerous things))
- Animate Dead(can create powerful skeletons quite early, but makes your necromancy nature obvious if they are following you around. Gets much more useful in a civilized setting once you get a portable hole to store them in)
- Leadership(optional, and probably more applicable to my solo game)

Red Fel
2015-07-23, 09:49 AM
Ok, I will try to point out some of the basics for the character concept, although, and as I said, I primarily came here looking for ideas, so I don't have a full picture yet. Nevertheless, here's what first come to mind:

-He had very different parents and homes, as he bounced from one place to another for being rebelious and challenging the local laws.
-He was always jealous of rich and powerful people, and is resolved to be at the top one day, at any cost.
-He is not an insensible monster however, and is capable of being loyal and caring, and even love, as he had some people dear for him during his uprising. Although, they are long gone by now.

Okay. First off, I like that you recognize that Evil is capable of caring about people. That's important, both for character depth and for party cohesion. I'm with you so far.

It sounds like he is motivated by a single word: Covet. He sees, and he wants. He wants, so he takes. He takes, and then he sees more. You can build a lot around this kernel.

More or less, this is some basic background about his morals. Personality wise, he is a two-face man. He prefers to scheme and play a good guy mask if needed, but at the same time, can be totally ruthless if the situation demands it. So generally, he tries to be diplomatic and empathic, to gather info about the area and potential opponents, even offering help to gain a position where he can strike undetected.

I'd consider moving him towards LE, then. NE is hard to pull off, and CE is dangerous, but LE is a great way to pull off manipulative, conniving, and ambitious. You can do a lot with it. For a character with a personality like yours, consider what the PFSRD (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/additional-rules#TOC-Alignment-Descriptions) says about the "Swindler" style of Lawful Evil:
Swindlers accumulate power through indirect means. By using deception and manipulation, and by exploiting the systems they inhabit, they gain personal advantage. Their most common method is brokering deals and contracts that seek to extract the maximum commitment from others while giving as little away as possible themselves. While driving a hard bargain is not itself evil, swindlers specifically prey on those at their most vulnerable, abusing the legal system and doing their best to exploit (or create) weakness.

Loopholes and plausible deniability are a swindler's bread and butter, and most have legitimate business concerns to augment their extortion and entrapment. Often charming, always cunning, swindlers are experts at using people's own desires against them.

If you are a swindler, you:

Look for exploits, loopholes, and advantages in every interaction and institution. Rarely break the law—working around it is so much more elegant. Are exceptionally proud of your wits and cunning.
Code: Anyone who shows weakness deserves to have it exploited.

Like it?

For his capabilities, He does not like to dirt his hands, and prefers to attack at a distance or let others do the wetwork, be it by offering support, mind-control, summons or just blast everything if it gets the job done quicker. He is methodical and prioritize effeciency over theatrics.

As I write this, the mad scientist megalomaniac concept comes to mind, but with a mixture of insanity, humor and well-laid plans.

To this end, maybe a wizard of alchemist build could do the trick, or a well optimized sorcerer. But of course, I am completely open to your suggestions.

Ooh, there's a lot we can do with this. Let me throw a few ideas out there to start. Minionmancy is a great option. How do you feel about a Summoner (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner), for example? With the right archetypes, you'd never have to get your own hands dirty. Bonus, your spell list includes battlefield control spells like Black Tentacles, and friend-making spells like Charm Monster. And, of course, it's Charisma-based. There's a reason Summoners are heavily regulated - they're powerful. No Summoner? Sorcerer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer) is a great option. Charisma-based, so you can be as charming as you like. And the list of available spells is outrageous, even if your list of spells known is limited. Also: Bloodlines! Two in particular. First, the Fey Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/fey-bloodline) makes you a whiz at mind-control. You could alternatively take the Wildblooded archetype to get the Sylvan Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines---paizo/sylvan), and pick up a Druid animal companion. My favorite, though, would have to be the Rakshasa Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/rakshasa-bloodline). You gain bluff bonuses, Alter Self, Nondetection - everything you need to be a silver-tongued mystery man who doesn't exist. Additional bonus, a Sorcerer is easy crazy-bait, given that unnatural power flows in his blood and warps his mind. Go with that. Let's not omit Bards (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard)! Support, battlefield control, illusions - he's got a lot to offer. And the archetypes are fantastic, too. Plus, it fits the flavor of your character. A Bard is a force multiplier; he takes the people around him and makes them more effective. For a manipulator who uses others to get what he wants, this is perfect. And again, Charisma synergy.
These are just a few simple starter concepts, of course.

Rolero
2015-07-23, 11:00 AM
Thanks for your imputs! Lets see:

I think I agree with you, and should orbit towards a Lawful Evil alignement. Generally, it is the best one to create a party cohesion without the fear of constant betrayal paranoia. Additionally, one of my fellow players have already said that he will play a LE char, probably undead control themed.

This leds me to consider some of the rolls you suggests, being the sorcerer the one most atractive so far. Both the Fey and Rakasha bloodlines are really great if we are going to be in cities most of the times, but our GM likes to send us to the wilderness from time to time, or sets his campaigns towards an exploration theming. So this could bite me back, as this types of characters are more oriented to be played in civilizated areas.

That said, I've been checking out the Witch, and I am liking a lot what I see. Beign a full caster of the wizard type and with the bonus of the hexes, can be very versatile. Alignement wise, it poses no problem, so this could be a very solid choice.

About the summoner, I am not sure, but one of my friends was interested in playing again with one (he was rolling one in the previous campaign) even with the unchained nerfs. And while a recognaise the potency of the summons, I am not very fond of that style of play.

Finally, with all the description I made and as you said, a Bard almost comes naturally for this. But I am more tempted to play with a full caster or something with lots of stuff to do evil.

So far, a Sorcerer or a Witch are what awaken my curiosity to play. I am not a fan of any particular race, so any good choice will do.

Geddy2112
2015-07-23, 11:05 AM
First, I support everything previous posters have said above!

-He had very different parents and homes, as he bounced from one place to another for being rebellious and challenging the local laws.

If you wanted to go a divine route, a cleric or oracle would be a great choice. They both specialize in social skills, use charisma and have plenty of spells that fit your bill. I highlighted two faced man, because that brings up two pathfinder gods-Nethys, god of magic, and Norgorber, the god of assassins, thieves, poisoners, spies etc. The latter would fit great, and because he is Neutral Evil you can pick any of the evil alignments. He likes to put on a mask and hide his true intentions, solving problems in a clandestine manor. The rest of the backstory and personality would go well to worship Norgorber, even if you are not a divine caster-his followers are good allies for this kind of evil.

As a cleric, you could cast buff/support spells, and summon monsters(using the sacred summons feat, you could quick summon monsters matching your alignment) and while these things would happen, you never personally killed anybody. The magic goes away, and you go on, the humble cleric. If things get hairy, you can always channel negative energy. If a party member is going to have undead minions they will love your ability to heal their creations. Consider the channel smite feat so you can use it through a weapon(that is maybe also covered in poison for a quick kill). You can choose the knowledge and trickery, which are both great domains that will help you hide your true intentions.

An oracle can play a similar role, depending on what mystery you take. Cleric is the divine wizard, oracle is the divine sorcerer. Dark tapestry, lore and occult are all great choices.

Mystral
2015-07-23, 11:13 AM
So far, a Sorcerer or a Witch are what awaken my curiosity to play. I am not a fan of any particular race, so any good choice will do.

I'm having much fun with an evil witch character, at the moment. She is a gravewalker, that is one of the archetypes. It is pretty front-loaded and interacts with undead, so you might want to check if there are any in your campaign. It's perfectly playable in a campaign with few undead, too (you can make your own). Also, you get to have a creepy doll as your spellbook.

morkendi
2015-07-23, 11:33 AM
this is my favorite evil character ever.

Race is Tibbit
Racial Traits
Monstrous Humanoid (shapeshifter): As monstrous humanoids, tibbits are immune to spells that affect only humanoids. (Tibbits, of course, would be horrified to learn that they are classified as "monstrous.") They also have the shapeshifter subtype.

+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength: Tibbits are small and relatively weak, but they have a cat's quick reflexes and fluid agility.

Small: As a Small creature, a tibbit gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium creature.

Tibbit base land speed is 20 feet
Darkvision: Tibbits can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and lupins can function just fine with no light at all.

Feline Transformation: At will, as a standard action, a tibbit can transform into a house cat. This effect is similar to the spell polymorph but with a number of key changes.

Free +1la, I took dark as it fits well
Darkvision 60 ft.
Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): Use the Hide skill even while being observed (except in natural daylight, the area of a daylight spell, or a similar effect).
Resistance to cold 10.
Superior low-light vision.
+10 movement

Beguiler1/ Warlock 4/ Unseen Seer 4

Stats after rolls, racial, and level
str8, dex 22, con 14, int 18, wis 14, cha 16

Flaw non combatant
feats
Surrogate spell casting so I can cast and blast in cat form
dark stalker
precise shoot
practiced spell caster warlock

Highlights
Race, class, template seem to work well together
hide is already 26 with the 8 ranks required for unseen seer at level 9 in humanoid form and 30 in cat form
damage is ok if I have it figured right. 5d6 with practiced spell caster and 2d6 bonus from unseen seer

Beguiler gives a few good spells that are useful.

Warlock evocations are Baleful utterance, see unseen, breath of night (would give concealment), fell flight, walk unseen.

I spend a good amount of time pretending to be the wizards familiar. Good skill list, able to max diplomacy and bluff. Decent damage. Able to have an answer for most situations.

I play as a very subtle evil character. When sneaking in cat for, if I do get seen, who is really going to suspect a cat especially in a city or town setting. Surrogate spell casting allows me to do anything in cat form I can do in humanoid form.

Really an enjoyable character overall. I once assinated someone by having someone by making them take me in as a cat. Played pet for a few days, slept in bed, killed them and went back to cat to watch the investigation.

Red Fel
2015-07-23, 12:21 PM
this is my favorite evil character ever.

Much as I love Evil Tibbits - and I do - the thread has a PF tag. So a lot of that stuff doesn't fly, absent PF-porting (which the OP didn't say was on the table).

Moving on.

Let me start by seconding Geddy, but with a quick proviso. First, Clerics are one of the easiest classes to go LE, and while they're not as potent as they were in 3.5, they're still powerhouses. That said, Evil Cleric is very much a trope, and almost too easy, so it's up to you there. Note that it could also clash with or overlap with your undead-themed friend. So there's that. Oracle is also a powerful option, particularly if you want to play up the creepy; full-casting plus some highly flavorful afflictions. So keep those ideas in mind.

Now, onto what you've said.

This leds me to consider some of the rolls you suggests, being the sorcerer the one most atractive so far. Both the Fey and Rakasha bloodlines are really great if we are going to be in cities most of the times, but our GM likes to send us to the wilderness from time to time, or sets his campaigns towards an exploration theming. So this could bite me back, as this types of characters are more oriented to be played in civilizated areas.

The thing to remember about Bloodlines is that they constitute bonuses. Rather than taking away from the spells, skills, or feats you can use, they add to them. So, for instance, Rakshasa Bloodline adds Disguise to your class skills. You lose nothing, although you won't see much use of that skill in the wilderness. It also adds spells; these are in addition to your spells known. Again, while Suggestion might not be useful while foraging, you still have all of your remaining spells to assign to more helpful pursuits. And with regard to bloodline powers, not every one is useful at all times (although always-on nondetection is outrageously useful), but it's good to have for when they are needed.

So keep that in mind; you're not losing out on anything other than a different Bloodline. I mean, if you really wanted, you could take one like the Infernal Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/infernal-bloodline). It's good, but not amazing; still, it gives you some utility you might use in the wild (e.g. charm monster, scorching ray), and it gives you a bonus to charm effects. So, again, mileage.

That said, I've been checking out the Witch, and I am liking a lot what I see. Beign a full caster of the wizard type and with the bonus of the hexes, can be very versatile. Alignement wise, it poses no problem, so this could be a very solid choice.

Yeah, Witches can be tons of fun. Hexes are great, and full casting is nice. It is Int-based, instead of Cha, but don't let that stop you.

One option, which might fit your concept nicely, is the Scarred Witch Doctor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-orc/scarred-witch-doctor-witch-orc) archetype. It requires you to be an Orc (or Half-Orc, which is quite doable) and makes your casting Con-based instead of Int-based. It replaces your familiar with a super creepy mask, and gives you natural armor. More importantly, it fits your concept in that it's a Half-Orc; you're likely to be a social outcast, unloved and unwanted, constantly on the outside looking in. Your life has been suffering; the Scarred Witch Doctor is all about turning your suffering into power. It works.

Well, that all depends. There's choosing a race for flavor, choosing one for power, and ideally choosing one for both. For instance, a Kitsune (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-kitsune) Sorcerer is a great example of "both". Kitsune get a Charisma bonus, plus a bonus to save DCs on enchantment spells, plus their favored class option for Sorcerers increases that even more. Plus, the Realistic Likeness (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/realistic-likeness-kitsune) feat completely breaks the rules of Alter Self, by allowing you to impersonate an individual instead of a generic person.

If you're going for Witch, Half-Elf can potentially be useful, particularly for the Bonded Witch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-elf/bonded-witch-witch-half-elf) racial archetype. Your favored class bonus gives you bonus spells, and the Bonded Witch archetype gives you even more. Oh, and did I mention that, as a Half-Elf, you can cast Paragon Surge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/paragon-surge)?

Rolero
2015-07-23, 01:22 PM
Much as I love Evil Tibbits - and I do - the thread has a PF tag. So a lot of that stuff doesn't fly, absent PF-porting (which the OP didn't say was on the table).

Yep, Although, your character and idea look interesting, Pathfinder advise only please.

Moving on.

Let me start by seconding Geddy, but with a quick proviso. First, Clerics are one of the easiest classes to go LE, and while they're not as potent as they were in 3.5, they're still powerhouses. That said, Evil Cleric is very much a trope, and almost too easy, so it's up to you there. Note that it could also clash with or overlap with your undead-themed friend. So there's that. Oracle is also a powerful option, particularly if you want to play up the creepy; full-casting plus some highly flavorful afflictions. So keep those ideas in mind.

I considered a little, but I burned out playing as a cleric for many years, and I don't find it appealing anymore. And since one of my pals is going to play one, I will leave that option to him.

Now, onto what you've said.

The thing to remember about Bloodlines is that they constitute bonuses. Rather than taking away from the spells, skills, or feats you can use, they add to them. So, for instance, Rakshasa Bloodline adds Disguise to your class skills. You lose nothing, although you won't see much use of that skill in the wilderness. It also adds spells; these are in addition to your spells known. Again, while Suggestion might not be useful while foraging, you still have all of your remaining spells to assign to more helpful pursuits. And with regard to bloodline powers, not every one is useful at all times (although always-on nondetection is outrageously useful), but it's good to have for when they are needed.

So keep that in mind; you're not losing out on anything other than a different Bloodline. I mean, if you really wanted, you could take one like the Infernal Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/infernal-bloodline). It's good, but not amazing; still, it gives you some utility you might use in the wild (e.g. charm monster, scorching ray), and it gives you a bonus to charm effects. So, again, mileage.

What I mean, is that being Charisma characters and with tools to optimize their social skills and related spells governing Enchanment, they tend to specialize towards those fields, hence, the lose of versatility on the wilderness. Of course, I could try to be very selective with my spell list, but this will not allow them to reach their full potential.

Yeah, Witches can be tons of fun. Hexes are great, and full casting is nice. It is Int-based, instead of Cha, but don't let that stop you.

One option, which might fit your concept nicely, is the Scarred Witch Doctor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-orc/scarred-witch-doctor-witch-orc) archetype. It requires you to be an Orc (or Half-Orc, which is quite doable) and makes your casting Con-based instead of Int-based. It replaces your familiar with a super creepy mask, and gives you natural armor. More importantly, it fits your concept in that it's a Half-Orc; you're likely to be a social outcast, unloved and unwanted, constantly on the outside looking in. Your life has been suffering; the Scarred Witch Doctor is all about turning your suffering into power. It works.

Umm, very VERY interesting option. I've just been playing a half-orc, but damn me if this is not Golden. Can work greatly towards and intimidation build in the social aspect, and the CON/INT exchance is madness. I'll probably build a prototype, if only to see his potential.

Well, that all depends. There's choosing a race for flavor, choosing one for power, and ideally choosing one for both. For instance, a Kitsune (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-kitsune) Sorcerer is a great example of "both". Kitsune get a Charisma bonus, plus a bonus to save DCs on enchantment spells, plus their favored class option for Sorcerers increases that even more. Plus, the Realistic Likeness (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/realistic-likeness-kitsune) feat completely breaks the rules of Alter Self, by allowing you to impersonate an individual instead of a generic person.

I personally think the kitsune sorcerer is the best enchanter in the game if you want to build and specialist. The amount of bonus you get to your DC is bat **** insane (+23 I believe). But again, this could work well on a civilised focused setting, which I don't think we'll get. Still, I am not ruling out this yet. It's just too awesome.

If you're going for Witch, Half-Elf can potentially be useful, particularly for the Bonded Witch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-elf/bonded-witch-witch-half-elf) racial archetype. Your favored class bonus gives you bonus spells, and the Bonded Witch archetype gives you even more. Oh, and did I mention that, as a Half-Elf, you can cast Paragon Surge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/paragon-surge)?

Umm, not too convinced with this. Losing your familiar is a big hit, and while powerful, Paragon surge is not so great since the nerf.

Ok, what I am most attracted is the Scarred Witch Doctor. It hurts to lose the regular familiar, but CON as your magic ability is just too good. Also, you can improve your mask, and is really creepy and menecing, truly fitting to play as a bad guy.

A quick background could be that he is the child of a human slave in an ork tribe, and that he was brutaly rised by his kin. He was mentored by the tribe's shaman, but due to a raid attack lead for a different horde, he ended up bouncing as a slave and apprentice in different settlements, till he broke up free, and determined to be the ruler of his own destiny and anything he desires after a life of abuse and deprive.

Shaman's apprentice and Sacred tattoo's fit very well with this concept as alternate racial traits, although, I could leave the standard bonus to Intimidate which stacks with the bonus of the mask and focus on that skill for extra debuffing and roleplaying.

For his hexes I thinking in Evil eye and Slumber, and for his feats, since I lose the familiar and his potencial +4 to initiative, just grab the Improved Initiative feat. That leaves me, with a free feat.

Stat wise, I am not very sure, but this would be his current array:

STR 10 DEX 12 CON 19 INT 12 WIS 10 CHA 8

By level 4, CON goes up to 20, and giving the favored class bonus to hp each level, net me a total of +24 hit points, not bad for a low HD class ^^
I am not ditching Int since, I still need some skill points and most of his skills depend on it. I am considering to further ditch CHA and maybe even STR, using the points to bost DEX and maybe some more INT.

At this point, some extra help to improve this is welcomed.

Once I can speak with my GM about his ideas for the campaign, and with the rest of my party to see what characters they have in mind, I may point out another candidates.

morkendi
2015-07-23, 02:02 PM
Oops didn't notice the pathfinder, sorry.