PDA

View Full Version : Shiny New Soul feat

Yechezkiel
2007-05-02, 11:32 PM
:thog:
An idea for a feat came to me and I'd like to include it in the next game I run. Is it balanced? Is it worth spending a feat on? Any criticism is welcome.

[ Shiny New Soul ]
Whenever an effect grants a temporary bonus to any of your stats you gain an additional +1 to that statistic (Bull's Strength would grant +5 Str instead of +4, while an item such as Gloves of Dexterity would not effect this feat). This effect ends when the temporary effect ends.

I'm thinking about increasing it at 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th levels by an additional +1 and giving it a drawback such as negative stat effects causing an additional -1~-5. It will most likely be only available at first level and possibly only available to humans, half-elves and half-orcs (I feel bad for them).

tsuyoshikentsu
2007-05-03, 02:15 AM
One thing it does do is drastically increase the value of an odd stat. Is this something you want?

ZekeArgo
2007-05-03, 02:22 AM
Interesting idea, but I think it belongs on the homebrew forum.

brian c
2007-05-03, 02:32 AM
Argh, I tried to comment on this like hours ago but the forum was being really slow.

Anyway, this doesn't seem too powerful, but it'd be nice to pick up for some people, especially with Barbarians rage bonuses. It definitely does make odd stats better, but I don't think it's enough to be overpowering by any means.

And yes, this really should go in Homebrew.

Yechezkiel
2007-05-03, 03:30 AM
Sorry about posting it here, I thought that was strictly for campaign/history homebrew. Everyone talks about characters, classes and rules here but I'll remember that in the future.

brian c
2007-05-03, 03:32 AM
Sorry about posting it here, I thought that was strictly for campaign/history homebrew. Everyone talks about characters, classes and rules here but I'll remember that in the future.

You talk about existing classes, rules, feats etc here, but anything that is a creation of your own mind (as opposed to being published by WotC or by anyone else) goes into homebrew.

Roland St. Jude
2007-05-05, 12:14 AM
Sheriff: To Homebrew with thee!