View Full Version : Conjure Spells Options

GiantOctopodes
2015-07-23, 11:46 AM
With Crawford's recent rulings, at any table that chooses to follow them, it is helpful for the DM to *not* be forced to scramble trying to find what options they have for what their player's spells do. Thus, the following:

Conjure Animals:

Allosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Giant Boar
Giant Constrictor Snake
Giant Elk
Hunter Shark
Polar Bear
Rhinoceros
Sabre Toothed Tiger

Brown Bear
Dire Wolf
Giant Eagle
Giant Hyena
Giant Octopus
Giant Spider
Giant Toad
Giant Vulture
Lion
Tiger

Ape
Black Bear
Crocodile
Giant Goat
Giant Sea Horse
Giant Wasp
Reef Shark
War Horse

Pteranodon
Axe Beak
Baboon
Badger
Bat
Blood Hawk
Boar
Camel
Cat
Constrictor Snake
Crab
Deer
Draft Horse
Eagle
Elk
Flying Snake
Frog
Giant Badger
Giant Bat
Giant Centipede
Giant Crab
Giant Fire Beetle
Giant Frog
Giant Lizard
Giant Owl
Giant Poisonous Snake
Giant Rat
Giant Weasel
Giant Wolf Spider
Goat
Hawk
Hyena
Jackal
Lizard
Mastiff
Mule
Octopus
Owl
Panther
Poisonous Snake
Pony
Quipper
Rat
Raven
Riding Horse
Scorpion
Sea Horse
Spider
Stirge
Vulture
Weasel
Wolf

Conjure Celestial

Unicorn

Couatl
Pegasus

Conjure Elemental

Nothing in the MM

Nothing in the MM

Nothing in the MM

Galeb Durh
Invisible Stalker

(All options from Conjure Minor Elementals)
Air Elemental
Earth Elemental
Fire Elemental
Water Elemental
Salamander
Water Weird
Xorn

Conjure Minor Elementals:

Azer
Gargoyl

Fire Snake

Magmin
Dust Mephit
Ice Mephit
Magma Mephit

Mud Mephit
Smoke Mephit
Steam Mephit

Conjure Fey
Nothing in the MM

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Giant Ape

All options for Conjure Animals
All options for Conjure Woodland Beings
Green Hag
Night Hag
Ankylosaurus
Triceratops
Elephant
Giant Crocodile
Giant Scorpion
Giant Shark
Killer Whale
Mammoth

Conjure Woodland Beings
Sea Hag
Dryad
Satyr
Blink Dog
Pixie
Sprite

If anyone is aware of options from other books please let me know the name and book it's from and I'll add it in, thanks!

Credits: ImperiousLeader, Sharkforce

ImperiousLeader
2015-07-23, 12:02 PM
I can help out with Fey

CR2
Sea Hag

CR1
Dryad

CR 1/2
Satyr

CR 1/4
Blink Dog
Pixie
Sprite

Shining Wrath
2015-07-23, 12:07 PM
I was going to go home tonight and do this.

You are a gentle-cephalopod and a scholar.

EDIT: Thanks also to Imperious Leader, may your heads never argue.

SharkForce
2015-07-23, 12:10 PM
i hear there's a 5e stirge in some product or other, which is considered a beast. pretty sure last mention i saw of it indicated it was CR 1/4 and could work as an animal companion for a beastmaster.

Naanomi
2015-07-23, 12:24 PM
EE has a few elementals in it, I don't recall the CR of them

GiantOctopodes
i hear there's a 5e stirge in some product or other, which is considered a beast. pretty sure last mention i saw of it indicated it was CR 1/4 and could work as an animal companion for a beastmaster.

Indeed, in Horde of the Dragon Queen. It has been added. Thanks very much Sharkforce, and ImperiousLeader especially!

Shining Wrath

There's a Stirge in the MM, I'm AFB and don't remember if it's beast or monstrosity.

GiantOctopodes
2015-07-23, 12:33 PM
There's a Stirge in the MM, I'm AFB and don't remember if it's beast or monstrosity.

Huh, I've gone through the MM maybe a half dozen times and somehow never noticed the Stirge was in there. Good catch, thanks!

I don't have the EE book yet (just the player's supplement) so if anyone has info on the elementals in there, it would be highly appreciated.

Naanomi
2015-07-23, 12:34 PM
Looked it up, Elemental Myrmadons are CR 7

rhouck
2015-07-23, 01:48 PM
I would recommend breaking up "CR 1/4 and lower" into actual categories (or at least "CR 1/4" and "lower than CR 1/4"). As hopefully a DM is leaning towards the 1/4 options as being the "best" and not trying to drop CR 0 creatures on the conjurer. There are some CR 1/8 creatures that can be worth summoning over 1/4, but they are the exception.

FYi this thread: http://community.wizards.com/forum/player-help/threads/4148541 is useful for listing of conjurations and with a bit of info about each. I don't agree with all the color rankings (e.g., he misunderstands and severely underrates the Flying Snake), but it's still a useful reference.

GiantOctopodes
2015-07-23, 02:18 PM
I would recommend breaking up "CR 1/4 and lower" into actual categories (or at least "CR 1/4" and "lower than CR 1/4"). As hopefully a DM is leaning towards the 1/4 options as being the "best" and not trying to drop CR 0 creatures on the conjurer. There are some CR 1/8 creatures that can be worth summoning over 1/4, but they are the exception.

FYi this thread: http://community.wizards.com/forum/player-help/threads/4148541 is useful for listing of conjurations and with a bit of info about each. I don't agree with all the color rankings (e.g., he misunderstands and severely underrates the Flying Snake), but it's still a useful reference.

I think I shall indeed when I get the chance, thanks for the suggestion! I'll also add the link to the first post so that folks can get an opinion on what's good and what's not. This is mainly meant for a DM resource for a one glance listing of what their choices are so I wanted to avoid commentary in this one, but it's definitely a good thing for it to be available. Thanks!