PDA

View Full Version : Drunk PC - which embarrasing things could have happened?

EldritchWeaver
2015-07-23, 01:37 PM
I happen to have a PC in my group who ended up drinking one too many. Now I need some ideas what embarrassing things he could have done in this state. Dancing on the table is so far the only complete idea. Doing a discussion about a non-sense topic? Is that what drunk people do? Or is it more a thing for stoned people? Looking for some ideas I can inflict on the player later! :smallbiggrin:

GorinichSerpant
2015-07-23, 01:58 PM
The character can black out and wake up somewhere else, in a gutter, in a stranger's bed wearing only underwear on your head,in the kitchen of the royal palace, in a basement with some equally drunk demons and cultists, the possibilities are endless.

Under the same lines, hit on a girl, a guy, a potted plant, a propaganda poster, a troll, a cat, an intoxicated trans-dimensional-monster from the previously mentioned basement, and so forth.

Telok
2015-07-23, 02:53 PM
Use a random generator. I like this one.

http://www.random-generator.com/index.php?title=Drinking_Binge

Anxe
2015-07-23, 05:25 PM
Syphilis. That is all.

ArcanaFire
2015-07-23, 06:00 PM
-Dig through a chamber pot looking for the coin someone else at the bar "swears they swallowed some days ago".

-Flashed the bartender.

-Tried to eat something out of the wizard's spell component pouch.

-Ended up with a tiger in his or her room for no apparent reason.

-Kareoke. Bonus points if it is not the bard and they tried to use the bard's instrument.

What class is the PC?

TheThan
2015-07-23, 06:46 PM
The character can black out and wake up somewhere else, in a gutter, in a stranger's bed wearing only underwear on your head,in the kitchen of the royal palace, in a basement with some equally drunk demons and cultists, the possibilities are endless.

Under the same lines, hit on a girl, a guy, a potted plant, a propaganda poster, a troll, a cat, an intoxicated trans-dimensional-monster from the previously mentioned basement, and so forth.

I think you mean wake up in a strangers bed wearing only their underwear on your head. other than that, carry on.

Vitruviansquid
2015-07-23, 07:26 PM
Saying he'll fight a big scary monster the next day, boasting that he'll take on all sorts of handicaps during the fight, and inviting everybody in town to watch while inviting their ridicule and contempt if he isn't up to the task, and then betting a huge amount of money that he won't chicken out.

Avilan the Grey
2015-07-23, 07:48 PM
Well... there's the Skyrim take on it. Also know as "The Hangover with Monsters".
One of the most fun quests in any game ever.

Of course that is not a matter of "one to many" but more of a "ten too many".

GorinichSerpant
2015-07-23, 08:15 PM
I think you mean wake up in a strangers bed wearing only their underwear on your head. other than that, carry on.

Even better there your underwear but from when you were a little kid. But that's only if you want a side plot about why you recognised them and more importantly how they got on your head while drunk.

zinycor
2015-07-23, 08:19 PM
I would just ask the player: "What do you think your drunk character would do?" and give him some sort of reward based on how funny or inventive his narration would be.

I often do this on my table... Mainly because am too lazy to come up with these ideas myself... From what I can see it works great, keeps players motivated, gives them a minute in the spotlight and helps creating pure roleplaying moments that they get to enjoy.

goto124
2015-07-23, 10:09 PM
Have the party members talk about all the different stuff he/she could've done. ICly.

Bonus points if 90% of it is made up.

EldritchWeaver
2015-07-24, 05:19 PM
I like the idea of getting the other players into this the most. Thanks for all the answers, I'll still keep the rest as inspiration source in case the players need help. :D

Draconium
2015-07-25, 01:16 PM
Hey, you know, that could be a quest hook - come up with a few random things the PC's woke up with after a night of drunken revelry, and have them try to piece together what happened last night from the clues. Bonus points if it ends up tying into the primary story of your campaign somehow!

Ravens_cry
2015-07-25, 02:28 PM
Awake in the arms of comely former maiden or squire . . . to the pounding of their father at the door.
Who is the village blacksmith.

DigoDragon
2015-07-25, 02:41 PM
I remember one D&D 3.5 campaign where the party got themselves so plastered (And a few were drinking in OOC as well) that I started running the adventure in GURPS. Two of the players were slow on picking up what I was doing to them. :smallbiggrin:

In a different campaign, a player got drunk in a rowdy poker game. Woke up the next morning with a wallet full of cash and an odd macguffin in her backpack. Cue the next adventure as mysterious strangers come in wanting the item and the player's head.

GPuzzle
2015-07-25, 03:04 PM
One that I remember was the PCs getting drunk in a boat and falling in a quickly flowing river heading into a waterfall. A bunch of lucky rolls later and the PCs were falling from a waterfall into a series of them, alive but now in a dangerous situation.

BWR
2015-07-25, 03:04 PM
At most they get into drunken brawls (which can have unfortunate consequences if you're a berserker) or wake up next to someone they thought looked better the night before.

The closest thing to real drunk fun was the 'resilient haiku' contest in one OA/L5R game - before each recital a participant had to take a drink of sake, and the last one to actually be able to create and recite a proper haiku was the winner. My PC thought it was unfair to the others that he only had to drink on his turn so he drank every turn and still won handily.

NomGarret
2015-07-25, 03:45 PM
Nothing like waking up to find yourself elected/appointed to sheriff/mayor/etc, especially if you are the least qualified member of the party for that position.

dps
2015-07-27, 06:31 PM
Projectile vomiting.

Gnome Alone
2015-07-27, 07:21 PM
Nothing like waking up to find yourself elected/appointed to sheriff/mayor/etc, especially if you are the least qualified member of the party for that position.

That one gets my vote.

Slipperychicken
2015-07-28, 07:40 PM
Just about anything from Florida Man (https://twitter.com/_floridaman), really. Or Shirtless Man (https://twitter.com/theshirtlessman), if you want to get cruel about it.

http://uploads.neatorama.com/images/posts/222/58/58222/1360556428-0.jpg
http://blog.urbanoutfitters.com/files/Screen%20shot%202013-02-13%20at%2010.17.53%20AM.png
http://media1.fdncms.com/nuvo/imager/snow-in-the-forecast-eh-cheer-up/u/original/2723357/florida-man-2.jpg
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Florida+man+rises+_1d1e6ffeb6e9a01dcd926d473281979 6.jpg

I want to say you could make a random table, but there would just be too many outcomes. It would be more like a database with an RNG stuck onto it.