PDA

View Full Version : running Red Hand Of Doom for PF! Advice? Ideas? Thoughts?

Katana1515
2015-07-23, 02:10 PM
Pretty much as the title! For a PbP game on these very forums. The game is going to have an emphasis on Dreamscarred press material such as PoW, Psionics and Akashic Mysteries. So ideas on fun ways to incorporate that stuff are especially welcome!

I haven't officially pitched this to the players on the thread yet, but folks in it should know who they are and read on at the perils of spoilers.

Saintheart
2015-07-23, 11:35 PM
I wish my handbook was a bit more extensive on Pathfinder, but it's in my sig if you feel like looking.

Maybe the main advice is that monsters are slightly weaker in PF than in 3.5, so running the unaltered encounters will be underwhelming.

(Un)Inspired
2015-07-24, 12:43 AM
When I ran RHoD in pathfinder, for the most part I was able to just sub the pathfinder versions in for the 3.5 stuff.

A pathfinder SRD hobgoblin fits for pathfinder as well as a 3.5 hobgoblin fit for 3.5.

For the most part this simple fix saves the day. Pathfinder simple templates help a tonzoes for situation that it doesn't and all plot important npcs (the generals and dragons) probably could use as rebuild as it is. I'd be happy to share my rebuilds if you want to dig into it.

Also, Saintheart, you're a mensch for your RHoD guide. No thanks is enough.

Saintheart
2015-07-24, 01:51 AM
For the most part this simple fix saves the day. Pathfinder simple templates help a tonzoes for situation that it doesn't and all plot important npcs (the generals and dragons) probably could use as rebuild as it is. I'd be happy to share my rebuilds if you want to dig into it.

Also, Saintheart, you're a mensch for your RHoD guide. No thanks is enough.

Appreciate it, but thanks is owed to every poster in that thread, too. That handbook contains contributions from a lot of good people who took the time to spell out their changes, I couldn't have possibly built it without their input. Just wanted to restate that :smallcool:

EDIT: Actually, that reminds me - in the 'resources' section of the handbook you'll find a link to Antariuk's map pages. He keeps a partial conversion of RHOD to Pathfinder there - at least through Part One, which should get you rolling at least. Maybe have a look there too.