PDA

View Full Version : My World Dolrath - An Infant Plane

JBPuffin
2015-07-23, 04:39 PM
I'm building a world for two functions: a 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons campaign I want to DM, and a Magic: the Gathering set I want to make. I've got quite a bit nailed down, but as time goes on I'll have more gaps to find and fill (i.e: found one today). With that in mind, a general introduction:

Dolrath is a plane still in development, having not even made it through its first thousands years. Its foundations, as the populace know them, were laid by a powerful being known as the Progenitor (planeswalker and high level wizard). Only two things were actually created by the Progenitor before his departure: the Worldforger, the first of the primordial Titans, and the Forge, an airborne citadel to aid in the plane's evolution. The Worldforger set to work, creating the titans of light, darkness, water, heat, and life. Floating above a vast sea, they ignited the Forge, which set about forming small islands. Slowly, these small land masses collected into a continent. Once it was a decent size, some rivers were dredged in, grass was planted, and a couple of mountains were set made volcanoes - all the works of newly-formed Titans, of course. Eventually, humans entered the picture, and factions began to form. Time went on, more continents slammed into the first one, and so it's gone for about three continents and half a millennium.

More details to come, once I have all my resources available.