PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] When the OOTS retire...

kpenguin
2007-05-03, 02:54 AM
Let's assume, for a moment, that the Order defeats Xykon with all members intact. What do you think they'll be doing in retirement?

:roy: He'll get a pad with Celia and make sure there's a nearby cleric so that he can always call up his dad and say "Ha ha! I told you I could defeat Xykon! Ha ha!"

:durkon: Hilgya will try to get back together with Durkon, but Durkon will spurn her. She will then kill Durkon in his sleep and she and his body return to the Dwarven homelands. Hilgya revives Durkon as a zombie for some necrophiliac fun, but Durkon goes on a zombie-rampage through the dwarf lands.

:belkar: He never kills any of the people he's supposed to through the entire campaign. He goes over to the Oracle and kills him for being wrong. Belkar is soon killed by the Oracle's loyal customers

:elan: Releases a soundtrack and goes on tour.

:haley: Accopanies Elan on tour and uses the money from Elan's music to pay for her father's ransom.

:vaarsuvius: Wins Iron Mage and achieves Ultimate Arcane Power from his/her vicotry.

Tharr
2007-05-03, 03:36 AM
Xykon decides to go back and help the most evil person in the world Scott Rouse and run gaming into the ground.

JetTheOne
2007-05-03, 03:38 AM
Let's assume, for a moment, that the Order defeats Xykon with all members intact. What do you think they'll be doing in retirement?

:roy: He'll get a pad with Celia and make sure there's a nearby cleric so that he can always call up his dad and say "Ha ha! I told you I could defeat Xykon! Ha ha!"

:durkon: Hilgya will try to get back together with Durkon, but Durkon will spurn her. She will then kill Durkon in his sleep and she and his body return to the Dwarven homelands. Hilgya revives Durkon as a zombie for some necrophiliac fun, but Durkon goes on a zombie-rampage through the dwarf lands.

:belkar: He never kills any of the people he's supposed to through the entire campaign. He goes over to the Oracle and kills him for being wrong. Belkar is soon killed by the Oracle's loyal customers

:elan: Releases a soundtrack and goes on tour.

:haley: Accopanies Elan on tour and uses the money from Elan's music to pay for her father's ransom.

:vaarsuvius: Wins Iron Mage and achieves Ultimate Arcane Power from his/her vicotry.

I like most of those... but I'm sad about Belkar's and Durkon's.... we all know belkar is a mass killing pyschopath and that he isn't jolly... but i see him returning to his homeland and slaughtering all those who oppose him and becomes new king, right after killing the oracle for making a wrong prediction. Also Durkon will be killed by Hilgya, but the zombification bit won't happen... Hilgya will be killed slaughter after returning to the dwarven lands for killing a servant of Thor. Durkon will rest happily with his father, grandfather and so on and enjoy his afterlife swapping stories with his fellow dwarves.

BisectedBrioche
2007-05-03, 03:49 AM
:durkon: Dies, then he's ressurected and returns to his homelands....WITH TREE SEEDS IN HIS POCKET!!

Aspen
2007-05-03, 04:01 AM

By killing the Oracle, wouldn't the prophecy be fulfilled? (Note that Belkar mentioned "or you" in his question.)

JoseB
2007-05-03, 05:29 AM
By killing the Oracle, wouldn't the prophecy be fulfilled? (Note that Belkar mentioned "or you" in his question.)

That's the irony inherent to the fate of Belkar, as described in the OP. Reminds me of a few Greek Tragedies...

NeonRonin
2007-05-03, 07:31 AM
I can almost see this happening...

The last panel of the comic is one of those 1-page panels showing an older, wiser? Elan finishing his telling of the story of the Order of the Stick. He's sitting by a fireplace with a lute, rapier and Banjo on the mantlepiece, Haley at his side, and several little Haley and Elan Juniors at their feet. On the far wall, a series of photographs(additional panels focusing on each photo in turn): Roy being knighted(possibly by Hinjo); a funerary procession for Durkon; Belkar's latest Wanted poster; a newspaper clipping about Archmage Vaarsuvius' latest foray into the Abyss and back again, shaking hands with a demon.

Oh, and one of the kids is crawling up on the mantlepiece trying to steal Banjo.

Copacetic
2007-05-03, 07:37 AM

The last panel of the comic is one of those 1-page panels showing an older, wiser? Elan finishing his telling of the story of the Order of the Stick. He's sitting by a fireplace with a lute, rapier and Banjo on the mantlepiece, Haley at his side, and several little Haley and Elan Juniors at their feet. On the far wall, a series of photographs(additional panels focusing on each photo in turn): Roy being knighted(possibly by Hinjo); a funerary procession for Durkon; Belkar's latest Wanted poster; a newspaper clipping about Archmage Vaarsuvius' latest foray into the Abyss and back again, shaking hands with a demon.

Oh, and one of the kids is crawling up on the mantlepiece trying to steal Banjo.

Very amusing, could happen

Carnus
2007-05-03, 07:38 AM

Actually, that is a beautifully splendid idea that I could see happening now :P

Too bad I hope that the comic is no where near that happening yet. I'd be so lonely without my OOTS :P

Driderman
2007-05-03, 07:44 AM
Of course, everytime people guess right at what might happen in the comic the Giant has to re-write the plot...

Hinton
2007-05-03, 07:44 AM
Actually, that is a beautifully splendid idea that I could see happening now :P

Too bad I hope that the comic is no where near that happening yet. I'd be so lonely without my OOTS :P

It is a great idea and it wouldn't necessarily mean the end of OotS:

Elan, Haley, or Roy - or even a special guest appearance by Belkar or V - could relate more stories of other adventures that they all had together.

Grey Watcher
2007-05-03, 10:16 AM
This thread looks all naked without a spoiler tag....

Anyway, I really liike the Beklar thing about killing the Oracle for being wrong. That's a very neat solution.

Lolzords
2007-05-03, 10:28 AM

I vote this to happen, that's a great idea.

OmadaZero
2007-05-03, 12:25 PM
I vote this to happen, that's a great idea.

Agreed, agreed. That is too awesome an ending... but we'll have to see. I have a feeling a few more plot twists are in order that'll wreck that cool image, though. However, I have to admit that's not bad, you do any writing, NeonRonin?

Vispilio
2007-05-03, 12:47 PM
I always thought the ending would be something like this, though I wouldn't be satisfied with it.

The end scene would be either real photographs or realistic drawings of a group of players, with Rich as the DM. Via what each player had to say about the conclusion of the campaign, we can tell what character everyone played.

Plactus
2007-05-03, 12:49 PM
My personal guess is...

They follow the same route as Dorukan, Lirian, etc. Roy settles in what's left of Azure City, V in the Redmountain Hills, Durkon at the far north, Haley/Elan at the remains of Lirian's forest, and Belkar at the western continent. That assumes they all survive, of course; the Oracle hinted Durkon and Belkar would die, and Roy is, in fact, currently dead.

Or maybe they'll find a more permanent way of dealing with the Snarl, and get to remain friends until a ripe old age (for the three humans, at any rate, when V and Durkon are just hitting middle age).

hanzo66
2007-05-03, 12:57 PM
Somehow I've always thought of the ending being the characters finishing the campaign somehow (defeating the Snarl, killing the MiTD which for some reason results in the campaign ending or the players just stop playing) and the Players actually speak out of character. We then get a view of the players themselves and having similar names (note I suck with the names):

For Example...
Roy Greenhilt = Ray Greenhill
Haley Starshine = Hallie Stars
Belkar Bitterleaf = Buck Bitters
Durkon Thundershield = **** Thundenfields.
Elan = Allen
Vaarsuvius = Vic/Vicky

who look similar to the characters they play save for being in modern clothing and Rich himself being the GM.

Of course, now THAT'S out of the question...

Vispillo's idea is similar as well.

Grey Watcher
2007-05-03, 01:18 PM

Dalton? Darren? Dirk?

Vaarsuvius = Vic/Vicky

Must... avoid... movie musical jokes......:smallbiggrin:

lord_khaine
2007-05-03, 01:58 PM
heh, i could imagine Roy with a few Air Genasie children of his own :)

Hario
2007-05-03, 02:06 PM
Dalton? Darren? Dirk?

Must... avoid... movie musical jokes......:smallbiggrin:
I assume he ment 'Richard' but you can't say names that are also slang terms for human genaltalia that get caught in the filters. Though I think Dirk would be good for him.

It would be funny if Elan's player was really a female and Haley's was a guy.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-05-03, 02:10 PM
Dalton? Darren? Dirk?
I think it's D!ck. You know, short for Richard?

Must... avoid... movie musical jokes......:smallbiggrin: Give in! You know you want to! Come to the dark side- we have cookies! Evil- a growth industry <insert more stupid comments of the like here>.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-05-03, 02:11 PM
Dalton? Darren? Dirk?
I think it's D!ck. You know, short for Richard?

Must... avoid... movie musical jokes......:smallbiggrin: Give in! You know you want to! Come to the dark side- we have cookies! Evil- a growth industry <insert more stupid comments of the like here>.

On topic, NeoRonin wins. Simple, effective, and touching.

NeonRonin
2007-05-03, 07:55 PM
Agreed, agreed. That is too awesome an ending... but we'll have to see. I have a feeling a few more plot twists are in order that'll wreck that cool image, though. However, I have to admit that's not bad, you do any writing, NeonRonin?

Actually I have done some writing in my spare time- nothing fancy, just some fanfic stuff on fanfiction.net and Mediaminer.org. It's pretty much the same stories on both sites, one or 2 exceptions aside. You can find my stuff under the same ID, except there I'm known as Neon-Ronin. (Whooo, BIG difference... :smalltongue: )

NeonRonin
2007-05-03, 08:02 PM
For Example...
Roy Greenhilt = Ray Greenhill
Haley Starshine = Hallie Stars
Belkar Bitterleaf = Buck Bitters
Elan = Allen
Vaarsuvius = Vic/Vicky

The Durkon name I'm a bit iffy on; might I suggest Doug Thorson? I had a friend in high school whose last name was Thorson; it kinda fits, don't you think? Priest of Thor and all...

And while I like Vaarsuvius as either Vic or Vicky, it would be highly amusing if his/her player was an overweight rules lawyer named Norman.

The other suggestions are pretty good, although I'd also like to suggest 'Bertram Bixby' as Belkar's player. With a name like Bertram, the guy's GOTTA have issues... ("Stop calling me Bertie! Dammit, why couldn't my parents have named me John or Mike or something COOL?")

Tharr
2007-05-03, 11:17 PM
The OOTS group throws magic ring killing Xykon army then people go into far lands of misty isles to retire and the lawyers have fit at end.

Silverlocke980
2007-05-04, 03:01 AM
Predictions:

Roy: The OP was spot-on. Great ending.

Elan/Haley: Good enough. Happy endings for everyone!

V: V actually tells a deity what his/her gender is. (Four words, right? " I am a..." finish with your choice of words.) This so surprises the deity that it ends up granting him/her/it with all that Power he/she/it so craves.

Belkar: Kills the Oracle, but not before being cursed. Belkar can never eat another cake, ever again. Lives long, murder-filled life in which he can never eat another birthday cake.

Durkon: Does eventually die. However, is such a famous hero before his death that the right to attend his funeral becomes a point of contention to various dwarven clans, and erupts into a civil war, fulfilling Durkon's prophecy.

Raziel3024
2007-05-04, 06:52 AM
:elan: and :haley: get married and have babies.

:roy: becomes honourary member of Sapphire Guard and settles down with Celia

:vaarsuvius: undergoes a bizarre magical accident in which (s)he splitts into an undoubtably male :vaarsuvius: and an undoubtably female :vaarsuvius: .

:durkon: finds out about the prophecy and goes on a lone quest to find a way of thwarting it. Meets Hilgya's husband who is on a quest to find her. They find Hilgya ,who is dating "Kaboom" Redaxe(I think that's his name) the Dwarf Assassin.Hijinks ensue.

:belkar: returns home and murders his former bullies in their sleep.Dies in final battle with the Ykyk clan and extended family.

:nale:,:sabine: and :thog: escape Azure City only to be killed by Hobgoblins.

:redcloak: eventualy destroys :xykon: himself out of frustration and establishes a Gobbo Dominion. At war with Sapphire Guard for years before assassinated by overambitious Kobuta, whom he is secretly in an alliance with.

:xykon: eventually grows new body from secret Phylactery. He raises undead horde, takes over Warthog's School of Wizardry and Sorcery, intends to have his revenge against :redcloak: . Is destroyed by Julia, accidently.

:roach: become a delicacy

:mitd: turns out to be a giant teddy bear and is loved by all.:smallbiggrin:

:miko: finally gets treasure type o, atones for crimes, serves Hinjo loyally before his death thanks to Kobuta. She hunts down and kills Kobuta, slaughtering most of Azure City's ninja population in the process. Discovers long lost brother, the Shadowdancer assassin.

Zz'dtri: takes command of disarrayed Gobbo Dominion after death of :redcloak:.Has Mr.Jones Killed. Destroyed by :vaarsuvius: and :vaarsuvius:

Phil Rodriguez: meets Lirian, they form Order of the Boot and go on adventures with resurrected :thog: and Julio Scoundrél.

Tsukiko raises :nale: as a "friend" and ends up fighting with :sabine:.