PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder A curious cat in Pathfinder. General & conversion questions about Tibbits

MirthTheBard
2015-07-24, 02:45 AM
Hello playground,

My friends and I are about to start a new campaign and I remembered how cool the Tibbit race from 3.5 was. I would be allowed to play it as is(my GM is pretty lenient), but I just want to make sure that it carries over to Pathfinder fine enough, so here are a list of questions that I couldn't find great answers to elsewhere that would help me with this!

1. Are there any glaring issues in using a Tibbit as is?
2. Should I talk with my GM about extra stats or anything like that?
3. Can Tibbits remain in feline form while asleep?
4. In feline form does their speed increase to 30ft?

Bonus question if you're up for it:
5. Any fun builds, particularly lower level builds, that you can think of involving a Tibbit in Pathfinder? 3rd-party classes available and all.

Crake
2015-07-24, 06:51 AM
Hello playground,

My friends and I are about to start a new campaign and I remembered how cool the Tibbit race from 3.5 was. I would be allowed to play it as is(my GM is pretty lenient), but I just want to make sure that it carries over to Pathfinder fine enough, so here are a list of questions that I couldn't find great answers to elsewhere that would help me with this!

1. Are there any glaring issues in using a Tibbit as is?
2. Should I talk with my GM about extra stats or anything like that?
3. Can Tibbits remain in feline form while asleep?
4. In feline form does their speed increase to 30ft?

Bonus question if you're up for it:
5. Any fun builds, particularly lower level builds, that you can think of involving a Tibbit in Pathfinder? 3rd-party classes available and all.

1. & 2. The only issue that comes to mind is the sum of +0 to their ability scores, which is lower than what pathfinder generally has (all the basic rases in pf have +2 overall). Probably give it +2 cha to compensate and call it a day (though potentially +2 wis works as well, since cat's have pretty decent senses). Feline transformation should be fine in pathfinder, since it modifies abilities, rather than setting them, which is actually more how pf polymorph spells function, than 3.5 ones did.
3. There's nothing in the tibbit's feline transformation ability that say it's lost when the tibbit goes unconscious, only when it dies.
4. Specifically, they get a untyped +10ft bonus to their land speed, so not necessarily, but in most circumstances, that's what it equates to.

MirthTheBard
2015-07-24, 08:38 AM
1. & 2. The only issue that comes to mind is the sum of +0 to their ability scores, which is lower than what pathfinder generally has (all the basic rases in pf have +2 overall). Probably give it +2 cha to compensate and call it a day (though potentially +2 wis works as well, since cat's have pretty decent senses). Feline transformation should be fine in pathfinder, since it modifies abilities, rather than setting them, which is actually more how pf polymorph spells function, than 3.5 ones did.
3. There's nothing in the tibbit's feline transformation ability that say it's lost when the tibbit goes unconscious, only when it dies.
4. Specifically, they get a untyped +10ft bonus to their land speed, so not necessarily, but in most circumstances, that's what it equates to.

Thanks a lot Crake!!