PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Mk II

Jontom Xire
2007-05-03, 05:36 AM
Mark II of Revolution. The last one seemed to go quite well, although I would like some actual feedback on that. Let's see if this one can be even better.

======================

You live in an idyllic civilisation, a true democracy where all citizens have equal say in all aspects of government. Partly this is due to the fact that all citizens have the same values in life, you all support the same form of government, all have the same philosophies. The reason for this is that when this society was formed as the result of a bloody revolution, everyone who didn't fight on the winning side was put to death. Those that remained all fought for their beliefs, so those beliefs must have been the same.

Now, however, disturbing rumours abound. Of dissatisfied elements, agitating for change. Who knows how much longer this peace will last.

=======================

Rules
1) Everyone is a neutral citizen unless they're not.
2) There are several small groups of agitators. Each have their own agenda.
3) The game is over when there are no agitators remaining (citizens win), or a revolution is won in the name of one of the groups of agitators and there are no opposing agitators left alive (that group wins).
4) Each day citizens can CHOOSE to lynch someone on the grounds that they are an agitator disturbing the peace. As a democratic society more than a third of the population must vote to lynch the person for them to be lynched. The person with the most votes gets lynched.
5) You can only make one lynch nomination or vote.
6) Each day anyone can declare a revolution. There must be a cause or principle behind the revolution, and it DOESN'T have to be one of the ones the agitators are agitating for. It can be anything.
7) There will be no lynchings if there is at least one revolution.
8) Each person can either support a revolution, support the status quo, or stay out of it (NOT RECOMMENDED).
9) When a revolution succeeds, anyone who opposed it or did not assist it is put to death. When a revolution fails, anyone who supported it or did not assist in putting it down is put to death. Hence anyone who changed sides or stayed out of it dies. IC this is to ensure a stable new society where everyone is guaranteed to share the same ideals because they put their life on the line for them. OOC this will weed out inactives. OOC if you notify the GM that you will be inactive for a good reason then IC you will be considered to have been ill at the time and so be spared as having a good excuse for not joining the winning side.
10) Each night, each group of agitators may CHOOSE to assassinate someone they believe is a member of an opposing agitatory group.
11) Each night, an agitator spy may investigate the quarters of one other person to try and determine their role in the game.
12) Citizens win by being alive at the end.
13) Citizens may choose to join a group of agitators by swearing blood oaths, or other such rituals, at which point they become an agitator. See notes on recruitment below.

Recruitment
=========

Agitators may NOT pretend to join other groups of agitators. Agitators may secretly approach citizens by PMing roleplay actions to the narrator(s), e.g. that they are going to leave notes where such and such a player will find them. That player will then have to provide the narrator(s) with role-play PMs as to their response/actions. The person you attempt to recruit can choose not to join you. Also it's also not a one stop shop - it may take several PMs to negotiate/persuade someone to join you.

You can send such PMs at any time - even directly if you wish to take the risk. Once I get a PM from the target saying they wish to join you, and a PM from you saying you wish to recruit them, I will send PMs to declare whether the person is in fact valid to join you and making it all formal and tidy, with a nice description fo the ritual in which everyone unmasks and knows who everyone else is. If an enemy agitator does attempt to infiltrate another group, this ritual will undoubtedly result in their status/role becoming known and them being executed.

None of this interferes with any other actions in the game. You still get your spy and kill actions as before.

To aid in this game being more GM autonomous:

A) People who nominate lynching victims (or the victims) may automatically write an appropriate lynching post when the vote hits 50%.

B) Anyone who initiates a successful revolution may, if everyone has made clear their position, or the announced end of day has arrived, post a successful end of revolution including lining up all the losers against a wall and shooting them.

C) Agitators may choose to PM their victim. Victims please be honourable and just post a suitable death scene. Once you get that PM do NOT reveal the sender to anyone in the game.

=============

Roles
Citizen - just trying to stay alive
Partynics - Going to bed before midnight should be illegal. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll! Yeah!
Moralisers - Everyone should behave in a proper and dignified manner. Loud music, rock 'n' roll, sex, and drugs are improper and should be banned. Early to bed and early to rise makes a person healthy, wealthy, and wise. But not too wealthy because that would indicate greed which is improper.
Technophiles - We should rearrange society on a technological basis. Stick AI in everything to do everything for us.
Anachronists - We should return to a more rural way of life. Get closer to who we really are.
Spy - Affiliated to a particular group of agitators, the spy can determine the role of one person per night.

Players
Akaziel - Citizen, lynched day 2.
Alarra - Moraliser, killed night 2 by Anachronists.
Arlanthe - Technophile, lynched day 4.
Atreyu the Masked Llama - Moraliser, killed night 4 by the Anachronists.
Belethorien - Anachronist spy, lynched day 6.
Captain "Fluffy" - Anachronist, killed night 1 by Technophiles.
Captain van der Decken - Citizen, killed night 2 by Moralisers.
Castaras - Citizen, killed night 1 by Moralisers.
DarkCorax - Citizen, died in the revolution on day 5.
DarkLightDragon - Citizen, lynched day 1.
Fleeing Coward - Moraliser spy, killed night 3 by Technophiles.
Helgraf - Citizen, must join the Technophile revolution or die.
HyramGraff - Anachronist, killed night 5 by the Moralisers.
Ink - Citizen, killed night 1 by Anachronists.
Inky13112 - Technophile, killed night 3 by Anachronists.
Korias - Technophile spy, killed night 3 by Moralisers.
Lord Magtok - Citizen, death unknown, need to check and can't be bothered.
pingcode20 - Anachronist, killed night 4, can't remember by whom.
Rejakor - Technophile and winner!!
Vicarin - Moraliser, killed night 6 by Technophiles.
Weebl - Moraliser, died in the revolution on day 5.
Xykon_Fan - Moraliser, killed night 5 by the Technophiles.

The game is started. There are no Partynic agitators as they won the last game and hence are the current ruling government. I suppose I could have added Pucenics as a replacement set of agitators, but suppose they won! Shock horror! All that disgusting puce colour everywhere :)

pingcode20
2007-05-03, 05:40 AM
Well I'm back in.

Akaziel
2007-05-03, 05:56 AM
I'll try this. Seems interesting.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-03, 08:31 AM
Im in.... I cant believe people sided with me and then killed me in the last game, thats horrible.

Jontom Xire
2007-05-03, 08:59 AM
Im in.... I cant believe people sided with me and then killed me in the last game, thats horrible.

It was classy - one group scried you and the other killed you :) That made twice in one game that one group scried the other's assassination target and I got to write a PM to the spy about how they were sneaking around so quietly only to realise that the person they were spying on was dead.

It's been a really fun game to run - so many really classy coincidences.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-05-03, 09:28 AM
In my post I wsas going to ask for emergancy powers that I would "give up" after the fighting was over. Thats cool I got scried and killed in the same night. I must have made an impression.

Castaras
2007-05-03, 09:38 AM
In. Again. Seeing as I got killed before I made my scry attempt in the last game. >.<

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-03, 01:27 PM
I'll play again.

Selrahc
2007-05-03, 02:21 PM
*Signs up*

DarkCorax
2007-05-03, 02:36 PM

HyramGraff
2007-05-03, 04:41 PM
I'll play again.

inky13112
2007-05-03, 05:32 PM
Yeah that was fun.

Zar Peter
2007-05-04, 02:03 AM
I'll sign up! But I must warn all that I'm away from June, 2nd to June 9th without any possibilitys to come to an internet access (holidays in the mountains)

DarkLightDragon
2007-05-04, 09:06 AM
I'll join... and I'm resisting the urge to make certain Paranoia-related jokes! Go me! :smallbiggrin:

Helgraf
2007-05-04, 03:42 PM
The Computer told me I had to play. I told the Computer that I was happy.
Therefore I am here.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-05-04, 10:03 PM
Sounds good. I'm in.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-05, 10:28 AM
Blue Serpent was better than the tree huggers!

I'll play

Jontom Xire
2007-05-05, 02:13 PM
Why do I get the feeling that everyone thinks this is just Paranoia but better? It's totally different! But seriously guys, I'm touched. I had no idea that Paranoia was so well appreciated. Although every time I read DLDs sig I think of resurrecting it.

I love you all, people.

Anyway, to business. I'm going to let the recruiting cycle last a little longer, because A) I'm busy with all the other werewolf games that have started up all at once, and B) I want more players this time, so I'm going to be patient and not just start as soon as the minimum count is reached.

I also want all comments on Revolution! Mk I in regards to rules, game play, and flavour text. I had some good rules comments from pingcode20 who was either extremely jammy or extremely skillful and basically won the game for the Partynics. Those comments were good and have been incorporated in the rules for this game. I'm still on the fence on one point though. Pingcode's comments about gameplay were right on the button, but my idea was somehow better conceptually. I need to find an answer that incorporates the best of both.

Oh and also the final "winning" section of the last post was written by Pingcode20 as well as the last assassination method.

FINAL comment (I promise), as the Partynics won the last game, the "nation" in this game will be either Ravetopia or Partytopia. Your choice.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-05-05, 03:52 PM
Rave topia...where we all offer sacrifice to the mighty god, Ravezilla!!

Castaras
2007-05-05, 03:59 PM
Partytopia! So that we can dance all night!

Lord Magtok
2007-05-05, 04:05 PM
I'll join in.

pingcode20
2007-05-05, 06:36 PM
Well, I'll just cross post why I think the peaceniks lost.

I believe the Peaceniks lost because they moved too quickly against Alarra, whereas the Partyniks focussed more on keeping appearances up. It's a curious fact that it's surprisingly easier to lynch an innocent, than trying to kill off a rival.

As demonstrated by the last day of Pucetopia, I took down Ink by pinning all of the partynik's crimes on him, a charge against which he had little or no defences against.

Going back to where the peaceniks lynched Alarra, they moved too quickly to defend Castaras, and two of three members actually voted first. Then Arlanthe PM'd at least myself, DarkCorax and GB, and tried to convince us to vote against Alarra.

In hindsight I probably should have sacrificed Alarra.

However, he eventually revealed he was a peacenik to lend credence to his claims, and was essentially a 'free scry'. So that night we killed Arlanthe and scried Atreyu, the next one on the list.

The next move would have been to kill Castaras, if Atreyu had come up negative.

So, there we have it. Peaceniks were too overeager and shot themselves by pulling out all stops to save their spy.

I'd chalk up the Partynik victory to a failure of stealth by the peaceniks.

---

With the revolution rules, I think this might suffer from the same problem as why there were no recruitments; Risk/Gain.

The recruitments were pretty much paralysed, because it required you to wager one agitator for the potential to gain one. Since you only have (at most) three or four agitators, a single loss is quite costly.

With the revolutions, the main problem with the 'Agitators win if there is a revolution in their name' rule is that if it can happen too early, then it's far too easy to win the game. If it can only happen without other agitators, then there's no good reason to do so, because then you're risking the game for a quick victory.

It's something of a conundrum.

What might be a possible way to improve on this would be to make recruitments secret and set the revolutions rule so it only ever results in a game victory if the number of your agitators > all opposing agitators, but that would only really work with the full four agitator organisations.

Jontom Xire
2007-05-06, 03:02 AM
Pingcode - I've already modified the "win by revolution" rule so that there have to be no enemy agitators left.

As for secret recruitment, someone did ask me, and I did agree, that you can roleplay it. I'll try to squeeze it into the rules, but basically if you PM me and say something like:

I want to leave a note under XXX's pillow that reads:

Join the Partynics! If you are interested leave your reply behing the loose brick in the fountain in the town square.

If they then PM me to say that they are going to wake early and go secretly spy on the fountain all day and you PM me to say you're going to check the fountain, I will PM you to say you find nothing and PM them to say they see you going to the fountain. So you have still got to be clever. Needless to say this will involve a lot more work for me, so I think I'm going to need an active co-narrator to help.

Castaras
2007-05-06, 03:29 AM
If no-one steps up, then I'll be willing to co-narrate, Jontom.

And I am very active. As I'm sure alot of people can tell you. :smallamused:

Jontom Xire
2007-05-06, 03:52 AM
I'm sure there's a very naughty double-entendre in there somewhere :)

Castaras
2007-05-06, 04:02 AM
...You are one sick minded person, Jontom. :smalltongue:

*Goes to reread the rules.*

Rejakor
2007-05-06, 10:43 AM
I'm in. :D

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2007-05-06, 06:15 PM
On second thought, I'm already in too many games. remove me from the list.

Rejakor
2007-05-06, 11:34 PM
Bah, there can never be too many games.

Also, sleep is for the weak.

Arlanthe
2007-05-08, 06:03 AM
Pingcode, noting your comments below, once again I don't regret sacrificing my identity and life to kill Alarra and save our spy in round two :)

I said my piece on why I thought the Peaceniks failed at the end of the revolution thread. I saved our spy, as you point out, but the spy only assassinated once and didn't spy every turn (and chose targets randomly at that), so giving up my life to save said spy for several more turns turned out to be kind of pointless.

But I digress. Count me in this round too!

pingcode20
2007-05-08, 06:09 AM
I'm actually quite suprised that happened...

I actually thought the peaceniks were doing some sort of bizarre 'scry before fry' technique...

Your explanation does really shed light on matters - I couldn't have told that from my vantage point as the Partynik Spy.

So there was actually a pretty serious FUBAR on the peacenik side. That is quite surprising.

((FYI, I'm aware you've PM'd me about it. This is more for the benefit of endgame commentary.))

Alarra
2007-05-08, 12:40 PM
Okay, okay...sorry Jontom, I'll play.

Jontom Xire
2007-05-09, 01:18 AM
Thankyou, Alarra, you sweet thing you.

Still waiting for a few more players. Tell your friends. Threaten them with unkind violence if they don't sign up. Withold their cookie ration until they do!

Weebl
2007-05-11, 05:26 PM
Meh, may aswell. I'm in.

Korias
2007-05-11, 10:02 PM
If your still accepting applications, Put me in.

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-05-11, 10:32 PM
Joining, if I may.

Jontom Xire
2007-05-12, 11:16 AM
Of course you may - the more the merrier.

I'm going to leave recruitment open a bit longer, and then I'll send PM's to everyone to get them to confirm they are still playing (helps avoid dropouts) and then we can start.

At the moment we have enough for three groups of agitators which works well as the Partynics won last time, so currently are in fact the people that will be being revolutionised against.

And yes, I know that's not a proper word.

DarkLightDragon
2007-05-12, 11:24 AM
I'm still interested!

LONG LIVE 4TH DEGREE!

Korias
2007-05-15, 07:10 PM
So... Uh.. this gonna start?

Arlanthe
2007-05-16, 04:38 AM
Standing by.

Jontom Xire
2007-05-16, 09:47 AM
I'm still hoping we might have a few more people sign up. Last game was good but we really had too few.

I'm not hoping for 40, but over 20 would be good.

If not I'll kick it off when work is a little less hectic.

Belethorien
2007-05-20, 07:16 PM
I would like to play, if you're still recruiting.

Vicarin
2007-05-23, 04:40 AM
I would like to join as well, if you are still accepting.

Jontom Xire
2007-05-23, 06:26 AM
Yup, still recruiting.

I'm on holiday next week and it seems silly to start the game just before I disappear for a week.

So early the week after I get back I will be sending out checkup PMs to make sure everyone still wants to play and then we'll start.

Ink
2007-05-23, 07:39 AM
Alright, I think I can deal with one more game. I'll join.

Zar Peter
2007-05-23, 09:41 AM
Yup, still recruiting.

I'm on holiday next week and it seems silly to start the game just before I disappear for a week.

So early the week after I get back I will be sending out checkup PMs to make sure everyone still wants to play and then we'll start.

So, when you're back from your holidays I will have mine. I still want to play but I will not apear in the week from 06.02 till 06.09 (hope the date is in the correct order)

Krursk
2007-05-24, 01:49 AM
I'd like to join if there's still time

Xykon_Fan
2007-05-25, 01:28 AM
I think I have time for ONE WW game. (The caps is for my benefit, to make sure I only commit to ONE game.) I like Mafia and have played/narrated a bunch and never knew there were WAY better internet versions.

I'm in, and thanks for running this!

Neodan282
2007-05-31, 10:34 PM
I want to join

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-03, 01:27 AM
Okay, I'm still willing to play.

Castaras
2007-06-03, 01:53 AM
*Is still in*

Akaziel
2007-06-03, 04:41 AM
Still in. (insert something witty here)

Vicarin
2007-06-03, 05:22 AM
I still wish to play

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-03, 06:38 AM
I'll still be in!

Ink
2007-06-03, 06:44 AM
Revved up and ready to revolt!

Belethorien
2007-06-03, 08:27 AM
I'm still in.

DarkCorax
2007-06-03, 08:35 AM
Still in.

Korias
2007-06-03, 09:43 AM
In For the Win!

Lord Magtok
2007-06-03, 10:43 AM
I'm still in this.

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-05, 04:37 AM
I'd like to play if it's still open

Jontom Xire
2007-06-05, 07:24 AM
You are woken to the loud beat of a popular dance track - around midday. You rise from bed yawning and feeling slightly hung over from the previous nights revels. As you draw your curtains and gaze over the houses and streets of Ravetopia, your gaze falls on the huge statue of Ravezilla, erected after the last revolution many years ago. Since then life has been one long party. Every night there is a party or three somewhere, and each weekend the government throws huge parties with all the best DJs and lots of free drugs and alcohol.

Life is perfect - or would be if someone could invent a decent hangover cure - but all the scientists are too busy partying. However of late there have been disturbing rumours abounding. Rumours of dissident elements who wish to overthrow the current government and end your delightful hedonistic existence.

As loyal citizens of Ravetopia it is your duty to root out these revolutionary agitators and prevent the overthrow of your government.

Day 1 starts and will end at 9 am GMT on Thursday, or whenever I get a suffciently decisive set of votes, whichever is first.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-05, 09:41 AM
A severely drunken monk walks into the middle of town square next to the statue. He seems to weave almost gracefully though, as he makes his way over to the base of the statue. Once there, he raises a glass to the statue and exclaims, "Good of ya to start the town. Where else could a drunken master find a place where its acceptable to drink at 9 AM?" He then turns to look around for other people in the square.

inky13112
2007-06-05, 02:19 PM
Well I suppose we better get pointing. Based purely on instinct and waving my hand around in front of the screen, I point at DLD.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-05, 03:26 PM
*The llama gets up, shakes his head, starts lapping at his water dish to realize, that's not water and that's not his dish. With a shocked bleat, he tosses DarkLightDragon's dish back at her and wanders off to find his own.*

(She hardly seems to be on and usually just points at the person who has the majority of votes so it seems like a good place to start.)

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-06-05, 03:51 PM
Sleep deprivation has apparently taken its toll on the Captain as he staggers out of his house, clutching the door frame for support.

Hmm. Some *yawn* party last night, eh? But now I think I need some...sleep. *Bigger yawn*

Before he can continue, a rather loud stereo turns on from within the house, blaring music for all to hear. A determined look flashes across the Captain's face as he turns around and staggers back inside. A few seconds later, the music stops, interrupted by the stereo being tossed out the window, followed closely by a white mouse, still wearing its party hat. Fluffy comes back out looking, if possible, more weary than before.

As I was saying, I believe that we should concentrate on figuring out who might want to disturb the *yawn* status quo. I...think it...wa-

Captain "Fluffy" collapses into a deep sleep, before he can finish speaking. However, his arm lays pointing in DarkLightDragon's general direction.

HyramGraff
2007-06-05, 04:28 PM
HyramGraff points at DLD. She didn't show up at the party as quickly as she should have and thus must be planing trecharous activities.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-05, 04:48 PM
The monk introduces himself, despite his massive headache, as Xykon_Fan, but insists you call him XF for short. "Uhhh...who's this DLD guy? But I guess if that horse over there (gestures at Atreyu...not a point) thinks the person isn't at most of the parties, that means that...uhhh...my head hurts...where was I? Oh yeah, if the horse says she's not at parties, well that's good enough reason to suspect her of ruining this *hic* perfect town. Besides, the horsey is smart and seems to know a lot about stuff like...uh...what was I talking about? Man, I hope this hangover ends soon. Let's see, it's like, 9 now, so it should be over in an easy hour, and then I'll...er...medicate again." XF staggers into DLD while downing the last of his tankard.

(Seriously, like Atreyu said, if DLD isn't on much, and she really does vote for whoever has the most votes anyway, she's not a productive townsperson, and more than likely an aid to the dissenters, even if unwittingly.)

Alarra
2007-06-05, 05:03 PM
Alarra comes bounding out of her house, still energized from the night before, drink in hand. She sees Captain Fluffy yawning and starts to laugh. "Aww...is the old man tired? Come on! You can sleep when you're dead!" She glances at her watch. "It's half past party time, not nap time."

"Here, I'll help you out."

*Alarra points at Captain Fluffy

Korias
2007-06-05, 07:48 PM
A young man, obviously a DJ judging by his massive headphones and the fact hes carrying a small portable turntable, Looks at Alarra. His eyebrows begin to shift up and down like a worm, before he finaly asks,

What the? Oh god... Why did it have to be you today? Why this party? Why did the Partynics have to assign me here?

He sets up his Tunrtable, opening it up to reveal a few small speakers, and begins to pump out some dance music. The beat carries foward, and he then does a double point towards Alarra (Not my voting point), Dance Time! Let the games, begin!

He then does a spin and points towards... DLD

inky13112
2007-06-05, 08:42 PM
Why are people still talking in puce? I thought we ousted you loyalists long ago. I propose everyone has to talk in rainbow (like Alarra) this game. Make it a fun new revolution tradition :smallsmile: .

Korias
2007-06-05, 09:02 PM
You want to post a code for that? I sure dont want to have to add all those colors for every single freakin letter.

inky13112
2007-06-05, 09:12 PM
Good Point. :smalltongue:

But You'll notice it only takes every word or phrase, its really not that hard.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-05, 09:13 PM
Magtok stumbles out of his house with a massive headache and a coffee-maker glued to the back of his head.

My head hurts. I blame umm... you!

He points at DLD.

Korias
2007-06-05, 09:24 PM
Korias, Changing the music to a heavier, faster dance beat, Grabs a pill from his pocket and swallows. Mmm... Government Issued Drugs.

OMG! Can you Bring the beat?

Alarra
2007-06-05, 09:46 PM
Alarra starts spinning and dancing to the beat, grabbing random passerbys and bringing them into her dance. "Whoooooo! And hey! talking in rainbow ain't that hard!!!"

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-05, 10:13 PM
XF, already whirling on his own from his severely drunken state, dances with Alarra using funky disco moves. After a while, he collapses into a momentary pass-out. When he gets up, he looks dazed, but quickly joins the dance. He also downs another pint from the same tankard as before.

*Hic* Hey! Even my hiccups are rainbow colored! Psychadelical!

Belethorien
2007-06-05, 11:21 PM
Belethorien comes stumbling out into the square holding her mug. She looks around at all the people and says "Woooohooooo!!! Another party!!! Bring it on!"

She starts dancing around in circles making herself dizzy and just as she is about to fall, she grabs on to DarkLightDragon. "Thanks!"

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-05, 11:23 PM
Fleeing wakes up in the gutter with a huge headache wondering what was happening. Last he could remember, he was arriving at town after deserting the Order of Fellowship waging another pointless war against the 'evil heathens of the North'.
Getting up, he sees a young man lying unconcious next to him with what appears to be a heavy bag of coins. Just as he grabs the bag, he sees a patrol of town guards passing by.
Not wanting to spend another day in a rotten dungeon he grabs the closest drunkard and yells "Help, this rascal was trying mug me of my hard earned coins", pointing at DLD .
Walking into the the nearest bar, he shouts "The next 10 drinks are on me so now let's party"

Weebl
2007-06-06, 01:33 AM
((Not got long short post))
Point DLD

Ink
2007-06-06, 01:44 AM
Ink breakdances through the streets with a can in his hand.

"Par-TAYY!!!"

Rejakor
2007-06-06, 02:20 AM
"a'one, a'two, a'onetwothreefour"

The man known as Rej steps onto the dance-floor, in his immaculate pin-striped blues, hat down-turned to hide his face in the spotlight that drops from above.

"Let the rave, begin." He says, in his sly voice.

pingcode20
2007-06-06, 03:29 AM
"Not cool, man. That's, like my great grandpa's line, man." yells Pingcode, dressed in his own blue suit and with a large stripy red-and-white tophat. He is quickly overcome by drink and the euphoria, though, and begins spinning a pair of glowsticks.

"Whoo! Par-tay!"

As he spins about a pair of glowsticks, one slips from his fingers and flies through the air, hitting DLD.

Krursk
2007-06-06, 05:30 AM
Man, the rainbow writing is giving me a headache...as is the dance music. I point at DLD and retire to my bed

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-06, 05:46 AM
((*blink*

Not much point posting after all is there? The one game I try to put effort into and I go down first. Wheh. I guess it had to be someone though.

There's first day logic for ya :smallannoyed:

As for why I haven't been on much, I've been having some issues in real life that take a lot of my time.))

Arlanthe
2007-06-06, 06:00 AM
* Takes his new, pimp walking stick and exits the building *

What a grand and glorious day for a party. Pip pip.

I see- it begins anew. I shall have to avoid the fates of my father and his father before him, in the doom and gloom of midnight woes.

Instead, shall I spin the bottle of fate on the streets of Prtay!

(I don't know how to talk in rainbow :( )

Korias
2007-06-06, 06:32 AM
((*blink*

Not much point posting after all is there? The one game I try to put effort into and I go down first. Wheh. I guess it had to be someone though.

There's first day logic for ya :smallannoyed:

As for why I haven't been on much, I've been having some issues in real life that take a lot of my time.))

Dude, dont feel sad. Try to hit round three when it happens.

Vicarin
2007-06-06, 06:40 AM
May as well point at DLD.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-06, 06:48 AM
((I make that 50% votes for DLD, so day will end early))

The mob rushes DLD and force copious quantities of Ecstacy into her mouth, washing them down with vodka and Red Bull, forcing her to swallow. Dragged to her feet, the drugs overcome DLD and she starts to dance to the beat, faster and faster, until eventually she collapses, dead from exhaustion.

Government officials search her house and corpse, but find nothing suspicious.

As the day wears on, the sun hides and bright strobe lights play against the clouds of the night sky like searchlights. Music beats out loudly everywhere as the DJs gear themselves up. It's time to PAAAAARRRRTTTYYYYY!!!!

DarkLightDragon, a citizen, was lynched. Day ends, night begins. Can all agitators and spies submit their night actions please. Night will end 9am GMT Thursday, or once I get all night actions in.

((It would really help if all assassination actions were submitted with an assassination technique/death scene. Remember that everyone will be awake during the night, partying until the dawn.))

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-06, 07:56 AM
Dude, dont feel sad. Try to hit round three when it happens. ((Hm... must've been coming across as more annoyed then I actually am. I do understand some of the reason behind the pointing.

I sort-of wish I was an agitator, then I would have a good reason to do a 4th Degree death scene. I love doing those. :smallamused:))

Akaziel
2007-06-06, 09:54 AM
(:smalleek: I can't believe that I missed the first day...)

Akaziel wakes up from his massive hangover on the street.

Aww... can't believe I missed the party! Oh wait, there it is.

Castaras
2007-06-06, 10:14 AM
A beholder flies down the streets, a bottle of whisky levitating beside it.

It's the night for fighting! The night for fighting! The fight that will come to us aaaaaaall...The night of niiiiiiiights! Nighty nighty night...night...Gah, partying doesn't seem to work for me...I try doing what those people do...and it don't work...aww, but it looks so fun...

The beholder sighs.

Lets try this again...

He empties the rest of the whiskey into his mouth.

ahem...Oh my word this tune is annoying! Yes I know its really ann*hic*oying I can't get this song outta my heeeeeeeeaaaad...No, no, doesn't seem quite right...hmm...Maaango Maaango Mango Mango Maaango Maaangoooooooo....Ahh, damn it.

The beholder sighs and floats off to a random night club.

Ain't easy when you ain't humanoid...

Korias
2007-06-06, 11:00 AM
Korias wobbles a bit as the drugs wear off, but he grabs a "Cocaine" (A Drink from japan: Its got 5x the amount of caffine than redbull) and chugs its contents. Revitalized, he pops a few more pills.

Hey, CapnFLUFFY! How comeyour not Fuzzy?

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-06, 12:44 PM
XF staggers around, kissing a few pretty girls, and generally making a complete fool of himself in his overly drunken state. He never seems to have to worry about getting a refill with that tankard of his.

"The beholder on the street is screw, screw, screwy, screw, screw, screwy, screw, screw, screwy! The beholder on the street is screw, screw, screwy, all night long! *Hic*"

(Oh, and if you're having a problem reading the rainbow text, just highlight it with your mouse)

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-06-06, 01:46 PM
The first day of pointing and lynching passes by and, after hours of fitful sleep, Fluffy finally wakes up.

Hmm? A party already? Oh, hey! Beer!

The Captain goes off to join the party, ignoring the fact that he will probably end up in the same comatose state as before. Meanwhile, Phil is still futilely trying to repair his smashed entertainment system. Eventually he gives up, instead working on finishing a mug of beer several times larger than himself.

Helgraf
2007-06-06, 10:28 PM
Helgraf wakes up in a pool of rainbow-coloured ... something.

"Wha' th' ruddy 'ell is a goin' on here, anaway?

Who stole my rum ?!?!

Jontom Xire
2007-06-07, 03:31 AM
((I'm only waiting for the Anachronists kill, now))

Jontom Xire
2007-06-07, 06:55 AM
The crowd is dancing, the night is wild. Suddenly someone screams, pointing. To one side, a DJ mixing deck has been badly battered, the wreckage spray painted with the words "Dancing is bad!" in red. As the crowd mills in confusion there is another scream as the lifeless body of Castaras falls to the dance floor, a knife sticking out from between her ribs. It looks like she's been dead for some time, held upright by the crush of bodies on the dance floor after she was stabbed.

Government officials remove the wreckage of the DJ mixing desk, and the corpse of Castaras, and the party continues, only to be interrupted a few hours later. Your precious music is cut off and replaced by the harsh technological voice of "The Computer".

"Your Friend The Computer would now like to provide you with the following form 3739X-2, Accusation of Failure to Submit. To accuse another citizen of failure to submit, please fill out the attached form."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Form 3739X-2: Accusation of Failure to Submit
Your Name: _________________
Name of the Accused: _________________
Reason for Accusation: _________________
<Attach other lines as needed>
Evidence backing Accusation: _________________
<Attach other lines as needed>
How you presently feel: (Check all that apply)
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other: _______________
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Leave accusation forms next to the Ravetopia statue. Due to a lack of accusations yesterday, a citizen was chosen randomly for termination. Your Friend, The Computer."

As you go outside you find dozens of heaped stacks of accusation forms. You also notice that Captain Fluffy has mysteriously gone missing. The only remnants you can find are what appear to be the tracks of two cylindrical robots.

Later that night, the body of Ink is found dead, clutching a bottle of ammonia and a note. The note reads "This note would be infected with a bio-engineered strain of super anthrax which would kill you within twenty seconds. However, as we do not use technology, we ask you to kindly drink the bottle of ammonia provided. Thank You!"

Castaras, a citizen, was killed by the Moralisers.
Captain "Fluffy", an Anachronist, was killed by the Technophiles.
Ink, a citizen, was killed by the Anachronists.

As the dawn arrives you head to your beds for some well-needed rest and sleep.

As midday arrives, the sound of loud music blares out once more, awaking you to start a fresh day.

Night ends. Day starts and will end Monday 9am GMT or sooner if there are enough votes etc. You need 6 votes for a lynch and 9 votes for an early end to the day.

DarkLightDragon
2007-06-07, 07:45 AM
((Woooooo! It's The Computer! Hello!))

Castaras
2007-06-07, 07:55 AM
(( Aww...You meanie heads! :smallfrown: ))

Jontom Xire
2007-06-07, 08:18 AM
If anyone wants to submit accusation forms, feel free to PM them to me :) I'll pass them along to the Technophiles. If you want to do it anonymously let me know and I'll remove your name from the PM I forward.

Ink
2007-06-07, 08:28 AM
((Oi! :smallfrown: You lousy Anachronists... That was not cool. I was just getting into this game too.))

inky13112
2007-06-07, 10:05 AM
At the risk of looking suspicious, I guess I'll start the pointing up again. Hmm. Well we could take the technophiles kill technique as evidence that whoever did this was in the old paranoia games. That would make DLD a prime suspect... but shes dead. Others would include the likes of Captain van der Decken and Alarra.

In fact the final list of people who were in both paranoia and this game is

Alarra
Atreyu
Captain van der Decken
Ink (already dead)
DLD (already dead)

Cross referencing this list with the list of pointers of DLD (not good evidence since everyone did it, but evidence none the less) We find that only Atreyu pointed at DLD and fulfilled the Paranoia player criterion.

Unless someone can give me some better logic, I'm going to go ahead and point at Atreyu.

Korias
2007-06-07, 10:30 AM
Korias looks with a glum face as he sees his DJ Desk being taken away by officials.

No... Damnit! Now I have to get another one...
Korias pops a few pills itno his mouth, and he runs down the street to a store. About 10 minutes later, you see him carrying a new DJ Desk out into the square, and soon after is blasting some more dance beats.
Well, A new day fer Dancin is here!

Oh, and I point at Xykon_Fan. He kissed my girlfriend yesterday.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-07, 11:45 AM
At the risk of looking suspicious, I guess I'll start the pointing up again. Hmm. Well we could take the technophiles kill technique as evidence that whoever did this was in the old paranoia games. That would make DLD a prime suspect... but shes dead. Others would include the likes of Captain van der Decken and Alarra.

Alarra
Atreyu
Captain van der Decken
Ink (already dead)
DLD (already dead)

Cross referencing this list with the list of pointers of DLD (not good evidence since everyone did it, but evidence none the less) We find that only Atreyu pointed at DLD and fulfilled the Paranoia player criterion.

Unless someone can give me some better logic, I'm going to go ahead and point at Atreyu.

(oooh, logic, but you're leaving out an important detail. I've been in every WW style game from Paranoia to Rebellion to Ye Olde West so its not like I'd single out Paranioa. I do think the throwback to the old game is a nice touch on the Technophile's part, but I really don't wanna spend the rest of my days with wires coming out of my ears telling me how to think, so sorry Inky, no technophile here.

As for your claim that I voted for DLD, I pointed out why I voted for DLD in my post and many people agreed that it was good logic. You're using logic and I respect that, but its flimsier than a wooden bridge built by hungry termites.)

(Still, I suppose I must give you better logic. How about another on your list? Captian VdD is more known for his paranoia game than I am. If you're singling out paranioa players, why not start with one who has kept that game alive in memory?)

Supagoof
2007-06-07, 12:29 PM
*snip* You're using logic and I respect that, but its flimsier than a wooden bridge built by hungry termites.*snip*
(Sigging this...)

Jontom Xire
2007-06-07, 12:40 PM
(Sigging this...)

You're not even playing in this game...WHY aren't you playing in this game, Supagoof, me old mucker. We go waaay back. I'm disappointed in you.

<Wanders off singing "Da goof, Da goof, Da goof is on fire">

Belethorien
2007-06-07, 12:52 PM
Belethorien comes out of her house with a drink in hand and wanders off to enjoy the party. She begins to dance to Korias's music. She grabs Xykon_fan and forces him to dance with her.

After a little while of dancing and several more drinks, she tells Xykon_Fan "Ya know, ur a real good dancer!"

Supagoof
2007-06-07, 01:09 PM
You're not even playing in this game...WHY aren't you playing in this game, Supagoof, me old mucker. We go waaay back. I'm disappointed in you.

<Wanders off singing "Da goof, Da goof, Da goof is on fire">
((You remember my first sig. :smallsmile:

You see, I'm a late joiner to the games. I prefer to see them played once before I join into one. Problem last time is that as narrator, I was involved, but found that the game was so self suffucient, that my involvement was need at all, so I didn't get into it.

With this version, as the rules changed, I was watching again. Hence my finding Llama's joke amusing enough to sig. I'm sorry I didn't join, as I'd let Graklok RP and boy, imagine him as a partier!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! MORE BEER! MORE BEEEEER!!!":smallamused:

Or maybe the haflings. OPAH! It would have been a lot of fun.

Next round though you can auto-sign me up. I'll be here. :smallbiggrin:

and now, back to your regularly scheduled killings. ))

Jontom Xire
2007-06-07, 01:49 PM
The spreadsheet you set up last time was really useful, and there were moments I could have used your help if I'd known you were around. This time I got nightly kill descriptions from everyone, but last game I had to make them all up and it was stretching my imagination a bit.

Actually, as I'm at work and check the boards a lot I'm not finding it too difficult to manage on my own.

It's strange how this game differs a lot to other werewolf games. There seems to be less logical analysis (perhaps because I'm not actually playing in them :) and a lot more really cool and inventive IC RP.

As an aside I'd just like to say to all of you playing that you make my day. I love reading the stuff you post and it makes me deleriously deliriously very happy that you enjoy playing my game so much and write such cool posts - keep it up and have lots of fun.

Another difference to other games is that day and nights go so fast. People seem to be far more active than in other games, although I guess having an active narrator helps too.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-07, 02:23 PM
(Wait, so I'm being pointed at because...I allegedly kissed some guy's girlfriend - can you describe her for me? Maybe it was someone else who kissed her - and because I'm a good dancer - the sign of a party go-er...sooooo...no reason at all. No arguing with that logic. I'm okay with it, as long as we're all clear you're both just pointing at some random person.)

As Belethorien is dancing with XF he seems to have a particularly lucid moment and says, "Wait, you don't talk in rainbows? How dare you! Clearly you do not love parties as much as the rest of us! You do not have psychadelical speech patterns!" He offers her some of his ale, which is oddly rainbow flavored and informs her it'll help her overcome her speech impediment.

XF wanders over to Inky and says, (You may want to highlight this for easier reading)"Ummm...why do you keep on suggesting people first? Do you have a reason for that? I know you recognized you looked suspicious, but why would you still do that if you knew it could get you killed? Why not just wait until some other people have pointed?

He pauses for a second, realizes he's thinking far too clearly for his taste, and downs about 3 pints of ale while waiting for the answer.

He turns to anyone who seems to think they have a good reason for pointing at someone and asks them to explain it.

(Note: I'm not pointing at anyone in this. I know the red rainbow color can mess it up sometimes. I'm gonna wait until I have a reasonable idea of who's a rebel before pointing.

Also, if you're thinking about trying to do each letter, I wouldn't recommend it. It takes a long time.)

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-07, 02:27 PM
(Still, I suppose I must give you better logic. How about another on your list? Captian VdD is more known for his paranoia game than I am. If you're singling out paranioa players, why not start with one who has kept that game alive in memory?)

Good point! I demand to be recognised as more suspicious! *points at Inky*

Korias
2007-06-07, 05:41 PM
(Wait, so I'm being pointed at because...I allegedly kissed some guy's girlfriend - can you describe her for me? Maybe it was someone else who kissed her - and because I'm a good dancer - the sign of a party go-er...sooooo...no reason at all. No arguing with that logic. I'm okay with it, as long as we're all clear you're both just pointing at some random person.)

Yeah. I have a chart made and I roll 2d10s to determine who I point at. Hwoever, DLD was because everybody else did it.
That, and The "Kissing the Girlfriend" idea came from your post ealier, where you just kissed random women down the street.

inky13112
2007-06-07, 06:11 PM

As Belethorien is dancing with XF he seems to have a particularly lucid moment and says, "Wait, you don't talk in rainbows? How dare you! Clearly you do not love parties as much as the rest of us! You do not have psychadelical speech patterns!" He offers her some of his ale, which is oddly rainbow flavored and informs her it'll help her overcome her speech impediment.

XF wanders over to Inky and says, (You may want to highlight this for easier reading)"Ummm...why do you keep on suggesting people first? Do you have a reason for that? I know you recognized you looked suspicious, but why would you still do that if you knew it could get you killed? Why not just wait until some other people have pointed?

He pauses for a second, realizes he's thinking far too clearly for his taste, and downs about 3 pints of ale while waiting for the answer.

He turns to anyone who seems to think they have a good reason for pointing at someone and asks them to explain it.

(Note: I'm not pointing at anyone in this. I know the red rainbow color can mess it up sometimes. I'm gonna wait until I have a reasonable idea of who's a rebel before pointing.

Also, if you're thinking about trying to do each letter, I wouldn't recommend it. It takes a long time.)

Psh, Highlighting is for the weak.

And its because then everyone will wait, and its better to get the pointing started so everyone isn't deathly afraid of pointing and we can get some logic and ideas out in the air.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-07, 06:54 PM
Alright, fair enough then...I'll accept your reasoning. Hmmm...I have no one to point at...alright, well, I think that based on who died, and the pattern of voting yesterday, I'll pick whoever doesn't talk in rainbow first! That would be...Supagoof and Belethorien...it seems unlikely that I'll be allowed to vote for someone who's not playing, so...Belethorien. Hey, she pointed at me too! Why not?

XF wanders back over to Belethorien, and gives Belethorien a swig of his ale from his tankard. (Hmmm...the beer of death)

inky13112
2007-06-07, 07:03 PM
Alright, fair enough then...I'll accept your reasoning. Hmmm...I have no one to point at...alright, well, I think that based on who died, and the pattern of voting yesterday, I'll pick whoever doesn't talk in rainbow first! That would be...Supagoof and Belethorien...it seems unlikely that I'll be allowed to vote for someone who's not playing, so...Belethorien. Hey, she pointed at me too! Why not?

XF wanders back over to Belethorien, and gives Belethorien a swig of his ale from his tankard. (Hmmm...the beer of death)

He says, in black. :smalltongue:

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-07, 07:10 PM
But my character wasn't talking in black, which was the point. I thought you mandated that just our characters were to talk like Alarra, since even she doesn't include narrative in color.

inky13112
2007-06-07, 07:24 PM
I know I was just kidding since it seemed so very ironic, even if it was perfectly justified.

Personally, I talk in rainbow when I feel like it, since I stopped trying to do anything in character in these games long ago.

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-07, 10:02 PM

Alarra
Atreyu
Captain van der Decken
Ink (already dead)
DLD (already dead)

Seems like you put in some research into this inky, abit too much in fact for a fellow party going citizen, perhaps you yourself are a technophile?

Flee points at inky for partying too little and studying too much

inky13112
2007-06-07, 10:16 PM
Deal with it, its how I play these games. I already said I don't roleplay, so what exactly, do you expect me to do if not analyze?

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-07, 10:36 PM
I expect drunken words, baseless accusations and alot of partying between lynchings, isn't that why we're here? :smallbiggrin:

Arlanthe
2007-06-08, 02:39 AM
((OOC: Interesting... I never played paranoia... so this list is people who have? Is it the same as this basically?))

Alarra
Atreyu
Captain van der Decken
Ink (already dead)
DLD (already dead)

Hmmm....

* Grabs the guacamole bucket under one arm, the Frito bucket under the other, and sits in the floaty chair in the pool contemplating his existence * * munch munch munch *

Vicarin
2007-06-08, 02:41 AM
Points at inky for probally trying to switch the blame to someone else.

Rejakor
2007-06-08, 05:14 AM
Out on the dance floor, Rejakor, dancing to encore, spins around on his heel his cane extended in Xykon_Fan's direction.

Helgraf
2007-06-08, 08:11 AM
Helgraf, seeking to avoid the autolynch whirls and * points at Inky13112 *

Akaziel
2007-06-08, 08:14 AM
Hey, take it easy, guy! Don't be so uptight!, Akaziel says, pointing at inky.

inky13112
2007-06-08, 09:45 AM
... Switch the blame? yes because pointing first and having no one pointing at me yesterday totally switches blame away from me.

Whatever you say.

EDIT: Sigh. Another game where I die on day 2 for being the only one using logic. Ya know what, fine, if you want me to randomly join bandwagons I will. I point at Xykon Fan. Happy now?

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-08, 10:13 AM
No, but that's fine, I guess I understand...someone has to die. Still, it does seem kind of messed up to have to vote against someone just so you don't get killed. However, I'm fine with being the scapegoat (I guess). Bummer, I really liked playing a super drunk XF in this one. I guess it's not that bad though, since I really don't have an important role anyway.

@V Thanks Atreyu! I am in another game, so I'm not terribly worried about this one. Thanks for being the voice of reason. I still don't think Inky deserves to die.

Alarra
2007-06-08, 10:21 AM
Alarra, never really having been a fan of logic, points at Inky as she spins by, still dancing.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-08, 10:29 AM
(you know...Inky's made good points and it is a shame to lynch someone simply because they took what little logic they had and applied it. Was his logic good? I don't particularly think so, although I'm biased against it and I know information about my role that he didn't know. For instance, I got a PM from Jontom telling me my role and I don't think Inky got a PM from Jontom telling him my role. Given given the amount of evidence he's had to work with, he took a shot and its a shame to kill him for it.)

( I don't see why we're pointing at XF either. He's a newer guy to these games and I try not to kill off or lynch newer players early in their first few games.)

(Obviously, you're wondering, "who then should we be killing" and I will say, find someone who is only voting without giving an explanation or simply voting to avoid the lynch. These are the people who fall between the cracks and escape notice. I have go to get a haircut, so I can't look right now, but I shall when I return.)

Korias
2007-06-08, 11:04 AM
(Atreyu makes a valid point. Its the people that dont post alot of RP, and simply point. You dont notice them, and are more likely to remember the people who post lengthy thigns about their character popping pills or chugging 98 proof vodka.)

(In all cases, its the people that do "points at X and keeps dancing along" that are the ones who can be deadly. Now, from that, people that use logic in these games when a clue comes up can be easily outcasted. The thing was is that most of Inky's post was OOC, but he just put it into rainbow cause its fun.)

HyramGraff
2007-06-08, 11:29 AM
((I'm not gonna post this in rainbow because I find it very annoying to read.))

Hey dudes, this talking llama says that we should show some lovin' for the little mouse's logic. I really dig that, you know? *points at the llama*

Jontom Xire
2007-06-08, 11:47 AM
Current vote tally - please feel free to correct me if I got it wrong:

Inky (6)
===========
Captain van der Decken
Fleeing Coward
Vicarin
Helgraf
Akaziel
Alarra

Xykon_Fan (4)
===========
Korias
Belethorien
Rejakor
Inky

Belethorien (1)
===========
Xykon_Fan

Atreyu (1)
===========
HyramGraff

I'm assuming Arlanthe is not in fact pointing at a floaty chair :)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-08, 12:00 PM
(actually, azakiel fits the description I talked about earlier on both days on both days)

*the multicolored llama points his hoof at azakiel*

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-08, 12:19 PM
I'd actually like to take my vote off of Belethorian, and I'll put it on...Hyramgraff, because he's one of the background people, and because his reasons for killing someone are never any good, so he may have some sort of hidden motive in killing off DLD and Llama. Just speculation, but Belethorien didn't really deserve my point anyway, I was always planning on finding someone else to point at for a better reason than "She doesn't talk in rainbows!"

HyramGraff points at DLD. She didn't show up at the party as quickly as she should have and thus must be planing trecharous activities.

((I'm not gonna post this in rainbow because I find it very annoying to read.))

Hey dudes, this talking llama says that we should show some lovin' for the little mouse's logic. I really dig that, you know? *points at the llama*

And he doesn't like rainbows! :)

Belethorien
2007-06-08, 11:02 PM
Off in the distance, the townspeople can barely hear the sound of rumbling coming. The noise gets louder and louder every minute. At last, the noise gets the loudest and everyone looks over toward the statue in the town center and sees three bikers. Most of the people stop dancing long enough to come up and offer them a drink.

Bele: See, I told you guys this was the party town! It's lots of fun!

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-08, 11:03 PM
*Zeb wipes his brow with his dew rag and takes a long pull from a flask he pulled out of his saddlebags.*

Zeb: Ahhh. That oughta hold me for a few more miles.

Uberblah
2007-06-08, 11:07 PM
Uber: A'right. We're wastin' time. Let's get rollin'

The group mounts up and rev their engines. The townspeople frown and pout seeing the group ready to go. The Goblins then tear out of there with a monstrous roar, heading for the next town.

Korias
2007-06-09, 06:48 PM
(Ok, I have a slight problemb.

Ok, its a major problemb. I wont be able to access my internet as often as I'd like to for the next 5 weeks. I'll be on the other side of the world.

I will post as often as possible, but since I cant post often enough, is their anything I should PM to somebody?)

pingcode20
2007-06-09, 06:58 PM
Pingcode finishes his glowstick display and walks onto the centre stage, where a microphone is waiting.

"One one hand," he began, raising his left arm slightly above his shoulder. "We have inky, who has been trying to use logic. On the other hand," He lowered his left arm so it was just a bit below his shoulder.

"We have Xykon_Fan, who kissed Korias' girlfriend. On the Gripping Hand," He lowered his left arm, and raised his right, with his fingers drawn into three digits, clenching his hand slowly. "The Llama has pointed out that Akaziel seems to be trying to keep a low profile."

"So, who's guilty? Inky, Xykon Fan, or Akaziel? I leave you with that question, gentlemen, goodnight!"

inky13112
2007-06-09, 11:08 PM
Ok lets look at what you just said. On the one hand we have Inky, who has been using logic.

Wait what? When did using logic in these games become grounds for suspicion?

Then we have Xykon Fan, who kissed someone's girlfriend.

... DIE ROLEPLAYERS DIE! :smallamused: :smallbiggrin:
Seriously, I don't terribly suspect him, I'm just trying to live.

Then we have Azakiel, who actually has evidence against him. IE he has been laying kinda low.

Well I'm going to have to say that given those three choices, you made the right call pointing at Azakiel, even if it means my death.

EDIT, oh and by the way I should really mention this, I won't be back again until Saturday. So please don't autolynch me (psh like it matters, I'm dead anyway)

EDIT2 after some contemplation, I realized that I may as well point at Azakiel anyways. Better to go down pointing at the one I don't trust then go down pointing at someone in an attempt to kill them instead. I change my vote (again) to Azakiel

Helgraf
2007-06-10, 12:06 AM
Ahh hell. I never did like going against the Llama.

*Helgraf points at Akaziel*

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-10, 02:43 AM
Fleeing likes a man who's not afraid to die pointing at someone who he believes to be evil instead of trying to save himself by joining a bandwagon.

Fleeing decides to move his finger in the direction of Akaziel (Look at his avatar, how can he not be a dangerous rebel trying to ruin our fun?)

Vicarin
2007-06-10, 09:06 PM
The evidence seems to be against Akaziel now.

Arlanthe
2007-06-11, 01:32 AM
I haven't voted yet, but we neet to get a move on so we can get back to the GUACAMOLE!

Joins the bandwagon to point at Akaziel.

*Who is probably a citizen due to the surge against him, but apparently trying to use deduction will get you killed so um*

*Throws a glo-stick at Akaziel*

Hey, I floated the 86" plasma TV out into the pool on a raft of water wings, and hooked the Wii up to it. Who is up for Wii water tennis?!

Jontom Xire
2007-06-11, 04:29 AM
((Sorry for the late end of day))

Finally, after much shouting and arguing, the mob surges forward, grabbing Akaziel and drowning him forcefully in Arlanthe's swimming pool. Once sure he is dead, the mob heads off to Akaziel's house to find proof of his treachery to Ravetopia. They find none.

Akaziel, a citizen, was lynched.

Day ends, night begins and will end 9am GMT Tuesday or sooner if all night actions are in promptly. Thanks for the great kill actions last night. Keep up the good work.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-11, 10:21 AM
((Shouldn't we have done that in the reverse order?))

XF seems saddened by the unnecessary lynching of Akaziel, but he quickly self-medicates and he's back to normal. Most of the girls in the town have now discovered that not only is XF a good dancer, he's also a good kisser! :smallsmile: ((Man, he's blitzed.)) You do have to deal with the copious amounts of alcohol on his breath, but it's close enough.

He quickly finds the biggest party and starts his own drunken style of dancing.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-12, 01:57 AM
((
Ok, so far I have very few night actions. I am waiting for a Moraliser kill and actions from the Technophiles.

Can I suggest that, unless you really really want to risk losing actions, the spies also suggest kills when sending in their spy requests, and I'm happy for other members to suggest spy requests when sending in kills. Also as the teams are quite short, I'm happy for them to suggest a mouthpiece/authority who's decision is final, and then for other members of the teams to send in their vote which will be overridden if I get an authoritative decision, or will stand if that person neglects to send in a vote.

You have one hour to the deadline.
))

===

((
The rules on recruitment have been clarified. Please read them.

24 minutes remaining :)
))

Jontom Xire
2007-06-12, 03:28 AM
As the party starts to kick off, someone suggests going round Captain van der Decken's house to play with his Wii. As the crowd arrives, they see Captain van der Decken lying dead, drowned, at the bottom of the pool. It appears that he was playing Wii pool tennis but someone replaced his handset with a lead duplicate, and so he sank to the bottom and drowned, unable to remove the handset because, following manufacturer's recommendations, he had ensured that the handset was securely fastened to his hand with the cord provided.

Later, as the partygoers dance the night away, there is a disruption on the dance floor. A loud crash is heard and a number of browncoats goose-step in, followed by a panzer. They make comments along the lines of 'hating those who are in the wrong place at the wrong time' and haul Alarra away.

Later, someone discovers a note pinned to the statue of Ravezilla:

Anachronism factor too low.
We want Rurals, not the Browncoats.
Turn up the Anachronism dial on the machine,

Heads will roll if I get Browncoats again.

- Fuhrer Mose

Later, as the sun starts to come up and everyone is packing equipment away, one of DarkLightDragon's old mixing desks is found smashed. In a shaky hand paint in red paint on the ground near it is written "Technology is bad!". Nearby is what looks like the imprint of a splayed hoof, a llama hoofmark to be exact. There is a touch of red paint at the edge of the hoofmark, as if the maker of the mark had inadvertently left some paint on themselves as they walked away.

The citizens of Ravetopia head to their beds, somewhat subdued by the night's events.

Captain van der Decken, a citizen, was killed by the Moralisers.
Alarra, a Moraliser, was killed by the Anachronists.

The following day, bright and early at noon, everyone is once more woken by the morning call of a popular dance mix, with heavy beats designed to be heard through the heaviest pillow. After several minutes, a crowd starts to gather by the statue of Ravezilla, wondering what they should do to abate the menace that is upon their society.

Night ends, day starts and will finish at 9am GMT Wednesday unless the voting hits 50% for a single victim before then.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-12, 10:20 AM
(*Gasp* A framing! We haven't had one of those since the wolves planted Jontom Xire's knives by a corpse in W.W. IV.)

*The llama remains contentedly unaware of the sinister accusations against him as he floats in a pool playing Wii Tennis, holding a Wiimote in his mouth.*

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-12, 10:08 PM
Anyone else notice that everyone inky pointed out is either assassinated, lynched or framed yet none of them have turned out to be technophiles yet.

Fleeing points at inky for systematically getting rid of everyone else without doing any dirty work for himself.
(sure, he'll probably turn out to be a citizen as all the agitators are probably hiding but he killed an innocent civilian yesterday)

Rejakor
2007-06-12, 10:31 PM
Rejakor tips his glass of rum on the rocks towards Fleeing Coward.

(Logic isn't allowed in this game, remember? :smalltongue: )

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-12, 11:25 PM
What logic? If I was using logic, I'd follow inky's list and kill that crazy llama.:smallsmile:

Rejakor
2007-06-13, 12:14 AM
(Well... it looked like logic to me. *narrows eyes*)

Jontom Xire
2007-06-13, 02:11 AM
Where is everybody? Last game we finished most day/night phases early. This time nothing is happening. We don't have anywhere near enough votes to lynch anyone. We need 5 votes for a lynch, and 8 for an early finish, excpet there's only 49 minutes to the deadline.

Alarra
2007-06-13, 02:23 AM
Well, I know the problem....I'm dead. :smalltongue:

Vicarin
2007-06-13, 02:23 AM
Points at inky to get in before the deadline.

Helgraf
2007-06-13, 02:32 AM
Well, I know the problem....I'm dead. :smalltongue:

See, people, this is what you get for scrying Alarra first night and killing her.
Now the game is lagging.

Bah. Pox on you all.

*points at Inky, because I just don't care.*

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-13, 02:56 AM
XF stumbles out of his house, points at HyramGraff, drinks 5 pints, and stumbled back inside, there to self-medicate some more.

pingcode20
2007-06-13, 03:34 AM
(Uh oh. We need to lynch fast or there'll be a free kill!)

Points at inky

Jontom Xire
2007-06-13, 05:47 AM
The mob is very subdued today, and with no clear agreement, nobody gets lynched.

As the sun sets, the party lights turn on, and the DJ's start to warm up their mixing desks. It's time to get your party on!

Nobody is lynched today

Day ends, night starts and will end 9am GMT Thursday or sooner if all night actions are in before then.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-13, 09:24 AM
(:biggrin: Love the death scene.)

HyramGraff
2007-06-13, 10:12 AM
HyramGraff parties long into the night, jamming to the music on his headphones. He parties so hard that he even forgets that there is a menace to society.

Arlanthe
2007-06-13, 11:34 PM
*Does the wave* Anyone up for PING-PONG! *Whips out his BallBlaster 9000 paddle"*

((OOC: Methinks everyone is afraid to point since that will get you noticed...))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-13, 11:59 PM
*The llama trots out of the water and grabs a ping-pong paddle and stares a challenge to Arlanthe*

Jontom Xire
2007-06-14, 02:35 AM
The crowd is dancing frenetically on the dance floor, high on a crazy cocktail of drugs and drink. Suddenly a group of men wearing red jumpsuits burst out of a manhole cover, weird futuristic weapons pointing wildly in all directions. One in an orange jumpsuit, carrying only a sidearm, looks around comparing people to a photo he holds in his hand. "There he is!", he exclaims, pointing at Fleeing Coward. The men in red jumpsuits hustle forward and, grabbing Fleeing before his vaunted legs can escape, stuff a pomegranate into his mouth and tie his hands and feet with tape before one by one jumping back into the manhole, taking Fleeing with them.

Moments later, a Leonardo's Tank rolled in, stopping in the middle, escorted by six cavemen, holding clubs. With a hiss of steam, the top of the tank popped open, and a roman soldier popped out with a bazooka and fired it into the crowd. The crowd dispersed, running wildly away, except Inky who was caught mid dance and turned into a scorch mark on the ground. Then the Leonardo's tank and its escorts wheeled off.

As the morning comes, the town square is full of various exhibits. The one that draws the most attention is a large keg of beer. Stuffed into it, drowned and dead, is the body of Korias. On the bulletin board is a new message:

Too High, damn it! Too High!

It's not even bloody internally consistent anymore!

What's wrong with you people? A roman in a leonardo tank with a rocket launcher, escorted by damn cavemen?

- Mecha-Lord Leonardo da Ugg-Ugg

Last but not least is a DJ mixing desk, burning fiercely, in the middle of a pool of what appears to be blood.

Korias, the Technophile spy, was killed by the Moralisers.
Inky13112, a Technophile, was killed by the Anachronists.
Fleeing Coward, the Moraliser spy, was captured and killed by the Technophiles.

The usual reveille is sounded at Midday the next day, but by then many of the citizens of Ravetopia are already awake. The events of the previous night, all those deaths, have given them insomnia. Scared, they huddle in the town square.

Night ends. Day begins and will end 9am GMT on Friday.

Vicarin
2007-06-14, 03:57 AM
Points at Arlanthe randomly to get the voting going.

Rejakor
2007-06-14, 04:51 AM
Rejakor tips his hat to Vicarin, because he who throws the first stone usually has the most to hide.

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-14, 07:16 AM
Fleeing Coward curses his luck as he watches his body getting dumped by the technophiles into the river.
Silently swearing vengence, he vows that the cursed technophiles that tortured him shall suffer another casualty by the next dawn.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-14, 09:47 AM
*Joins Vicarin, pointing "randomly" at Arlanthe (they speak up a lot to point, but seldom offer an incredible amount of reason for doing so...I haven't looked at their track record though)*

XF stumbles into the middle of the square, so wasted he barely notices the worried looks of everyone. "Hi all, how'sh it goin' everybody? I love you guysh sho mush...you guysh rock out loud. What'sh everyone upshet about?"

Belethorien
2007-06-14, 05:35 PM
Belethorien points at Lord Magtok since he hasn't participated in this game much at all.

HyramGraff
2007-06-14, 05:53 PM
When one of HyramGraff's earbuds flies out of his ear, a random NPC informs him of the threat society is facing. If anyone asks him, he thinks that Arlanthe hasn't been much of a partier.

Helgraf
2007-06-14, 09:55 PM
The llama knows the zen of party. I must follow the llama.

* Helgraf points at Arlanthe *

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-15, 12:37 AM
*The llama engages in a rough and tumble game of Ping-Pong with Arlanthe. His unique form makes for an unique game, but he notices that Lord Magtok has been making snide remarks about him, so Atreyu smacks a ping-pong ball right at him*

(Hmmmm....Why are pointing at Arlanthe? One person to get the voting going, but then....what the shock? I'm sticking with the lad who presented actual logic.

And logic like "First to point is hiding something" is what kills the game participation. Is it true? Occassionally, but wait for a pattern. If Vicarin does it often, then he's got something to hide, probably.)

*I vote for lynching Lord Magtok*

Jontom Xire
2007-06-15, 04:00 AM
The mob rushes Arlanthe. A couple of people hold him down while another holds his headphones firmly to his ears. Then the volume is turned up full on his mixing desk. After a few minutes blood starts to pour from his ears and mouth and he sags back, lifeless, his brains, and most of the inside of his head, turned to goo.

Arlanthe, a technophile, was lynched.

As the sun goes down, strobe lights illuminate the sky and music starts to play. Well, it's always playing, but louder if you know what I mean. The crowd, happy at the number of revolutionaries that have died in the last 24 hours, are energetic and excited. Maybe Arlanthe was the last of them, maybe now they are safe to party, party, party.

Day is over, night starts and will end when I get all night actions or when at least 24 hours have passed and I get around to it (which will be after I have finished driving tanks tomorrow morning at the earliest).

inky13112
2007-06-16, 12:18 PM
You know what I hate about being one of the bad guys?

When you die and people find out your role, all the good arguments you made and logic you used on why you are likely innocent gets tainted. I mean, despite the fact that I was in fact a technophile, the arguments I made were still good ones, and made sense. :smallyuk:
Bleh

Oh well, at least I didn't get lynched in the end.

Castaras
2007-06-17, 01:54 AM
The ghostly beholder wanders around the city sadly.

All I was doing was trying to fit in...

It moans, watching the other ghosts. One friendly NPC ghost floats over to it.

You tried haunting?
Haunting?
Haunting. Awesome way to pass the time.
What do you do with this...Haunting?
You just go to the place where you died, and go "Wooooooo" and make scary noises, jumping out at the people there.
Like this?

The ghostly beholder fades away, and reappears behind the npc ghost, firing a ghostly ray at him.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOO!
Perfect. Now go get haunting!
Right.

It floats down to where it died, fading into the shadows, waiting for a likely target to come walking by.

Vicarin
2007-06-17, 02:15 AM
Oops.
Sorry about that.

pingcode20
2007-06-17, 02:24 AM
((Psst: Nighttime.))

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-17, 02:24 AM
Ummm...we already lynched Arlanthe...it's night now.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-17, 02:56 AM
Hi.

Unfortunately, it being weekend, I don't have my notes. However I will write up night actions as soon as I get in on Monday. In the meantime, IT'S PARTYTIME!!

All over the city the crowds are gyrating to wild music, high on sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll.

Korias
2007-06-18, 12:14 AM
You know what I hate about being one of the bad guys?

When you die and people find out your role, all the good arguments you made and logic you used on why you are likely innocent gets tainted. I mean, despite the fact that I was in fact a technophile, the arguments I made were still good ones, and made sense. :smallyuk:
Bleh

Oh well, at least I didn't get lynched in the end.

No, But I didnt think I was going to get assassinated whilst I was away. I cant belive they killed two of us in the same round, Inky. Talk about bad luck.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-18, 01:38 AM
As Atreyu is in the pool playing pool Wii Tennis, a Llama dressed in combat fatigues wearing a mask appears out of nowhere, wielding a knife. A brief struggle ensues, resulting in the drowning of his unknown assailant. Since nobody noticed, Atreyu simply hides the body in the bushes and continues playing.

Later that night, as the Moralisers gear up for their next assassination, Atreyu is caught midleap by a time vortex, suddenly appearing holding knife and wearing combat fatigues, briefly struggling with his past self before being drowned.

A new message appears on the bulletin board.

To all Anachronist Party Members,

Some of you have expressed concerns that our use of the time distortion machine is hypocritical to our cause.

However, in some models of the future, nobody is a hypocrite. We are trying to regress to rural times. Therefore, hypocrisy is part of our mission statement.

Hence, we are able to use technology without compromising our stance.

A second message has also mysteriously appeared.

Okay, who pushed the 'paradox' button?

I know there anachronism drive is fun and all, but every time you push the paradox button, God writes a Llama out of existence.

Please, think of the Llamas!

In big, glowing letters, a message has been left in the town square.

Citizens of Ravetopia. Your Friend the Computer has come to Ravetopia to free you from the shackles of oppression. Rejoice, for the day of liberation is at hand. Dissenters against the new order will be eliminated.

- Your Friend the Computer.

Beneath the glowing letters, Pingcode20's disembodied arm lies in a pool of blood. the small device emitting the words makes a fizzling noise, before melting into a puddle of molten metal.

As the party is tidied away, Lord Magtok's dead body is found under a table.

When you search Atreyu's stable, you find a note in his feed:

Wear blue glowsticks and vote to lynch Xykon_Fan if you want to become a Technophile.

Atreyu, a Moraliser Agitator, was killed in an ontological paradox by the Anachronists.
Pingcode20, An Anachronist, was killed by the Technophiles.
Lord Magtok, a citizen, was killed by the Moralisers.

As the sun rises, everyone heads to their beds to get some sleep ready for the next night's partying. As usual they awaken bright and ...err... late at midday the next day.

Night ends, and day starts and will finish at 9am GMT Tuesday. You need 3 votes for a lynch and 4 for an early day end.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-18, 02:07 AM
((Hmmm...well it appears very likely that I am royally screwed. I will die. However, there is the small issue that whoever decides to wear said blue glowsticks is going to very quickly get killed by everyone who isn't. I guess I have that going for me.))

XF looks at the note and rolls his eyes. "Hmmm...I wonder what they would do if I decided to wear blue glowsticks and point at myself. Ah well, I am sadly not interested in joining the technophiles, as they seem somewhat antagonistic towards me at the moment. Wait...why am I thinking so clearly? Ah, my tankard!"

He drinks 10 pints and passes out for a while. When he wakes up, he goes into his house for a few moments, and comes out with a note written in psychadelic colors.

"If you want to join the Glowstick Rebellion of Colors, wear a bright vibrant awesome green glowstick! We support actual logical analysis of people's behavior in an effort to determine their true identities!"

((I figure no one will really have any qualms about joining my rebellion. And the worst that can happen is that a bunch of people decide they'd like to still kill me, and just won't join me. Have fun deciding what to do!))

Jontom Xire
2007-06-18, 03:14 AM
Hi, Xykon.

Are you declaring an actual revolution as per the rules? It's not too clear.

If you are, that'll clear out any inactives :)

pingcode20
2007-06-18, 03:16 AM
((Aww. That's no fun. You know, I really ought to try my hand at co-narrating sometime.))

Some time later, you also find a note in Pingcode's home.

Bulletin board messages brought to you by Pingcode.

((Yeah, I was responsible for the Anachronist's death messages. I like writing those death scenes a little too much, methinks.))

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-18, 03:27 AM
Umm...yeah, I am. I figure if I declare a revolution, the worst I can do is die, which is what's probably gonna happen anyway. On the other hand, props to the "whatever-you-were"s who put that there. Bravo...and nice move I guess. Turning an entire town against me while getting them to recruit to your side is a major combo move that gets at least a 2x multiplier.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-18, 05:21 AM
((Aww. That's no fun. You know, I really ought to try my hand at co-narrating sometime.))

Some time later, you also find a note in Pingcode's home.

((Yeah, I was responsible for the Anachronist's death messages. I like writing those death scenes a little too much, methinks.))

Yeah, I was going to credit those messages to Pingcode - just at the end of the game. Thanks very much for the awesome death scenes. I very much enjoyed reading them and hope you all did too.

I'd be happy for you to co-narrate the rest of the game, not that there's much left. My inspiration is wearing thin.

pingcode20
2007-06-18, 06:03 AM
Alright, I'll have a crack at it. Shouldn't be too hard.

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-18, 06:53 AM
No, But I didnt think I was going to get assassinated whilst I was away. I cant belive they killed two of us in the same round, Inky. Talk about bad luck.

You got assassinated because you were away and you voted to save inky along with Arlanthe the first time he got threatened with a lynch.
Once inky turned out to be a technophile, you and Arlanthe were the natural suspects for the double after a night of no technophile kills.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-18, 06:58 AM
Hi, all.

It is with great pleasure that I declare Pingcode20 to be co-narrator for the remainder of the game. Please CC him on all secret PMs - night time actions and recruitment attempts.

And now for the game.

A REVOLUTION HAS BEEN DECLARED!!!

It is time to make your position know. Do you support the Glowstick Rebellion of Colors, or do you support the existing regime. I daresay the new order will support partying whole heartedly, and there may be room for negotiation as to the new policies on how much partying is compulsory. Or do you think Xykon Fan is a treasonous wretch who should be hung drawn and quartered?

Make your position known or you will be executed!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-18, 09:09 AM
That was the most original death I've had in a long time! Thanks to whoever wrote it. Of course, you still suck for killing me, but that's beside the point.

Rejakor
2007-06-18, 01:06 PM
Rejakor is in favour of the groovy glowstick revolution. Party on, man!

Rej ties a bandana made of green glowsticks around the brim of his low slung hat, and commences throwing glowsticks at people. Deciding that this is taking too long, and waaaaay to much energy, dude, he starts constructing a small catapult. Made of glowsticks.

Helgraf
2007-06-18, 09:57 PM
Hi, all.

It is with great pleasure that I declare Pingcode20 to be co-narrator for the remainder of the game. Please CC him on all secret PMs - night time actions and recruitment attempts.

And now for the game.

A REVOLUTION HAS BEEN DECLARED!!!

It is time to make your position know. Do you support the Glowstick Rebellion of Colors, or do you support the existing regime. I daresay the new order will support partying whole heartedly, and there may be room for negotiation as to the new policies on how much partying is compulsory. Or do you think Xykon Fan is a treasonous wretch who should be hung drawn and quartered?

Make your position known or you will be executed!

So yeah, my schedule is wonky - when does the day end?

Jontom Xire
2007-06-19, 01:43 AM
Day was due to end this morning, but because it's a revolution, and because so few people have posted, let alone voted, I'm going to extend it by 24 hours to 9am GMT Wednesday morning.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-19, 01:45 AM
Man, wouldn't it be awesome if only Rejak and I survived 'cuz no one was on?!?

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-19, 02:11 AM
((Just an observation here since I'm not in this game, but the day seemed particularly short. I mean, night only ended 24 hours ago. Typically a "day" lasts 48 hours. I suspect that many of the regulars are expecting a similar duration unless it was specified somewhere earlier that it would be different. Again, just an observation. Not meant to be a criticism of any kind.))

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-19, 02:34 AM
Oh, the day's been extended, it's just that I was joking about if they're still not on by tomorrow night.

@V: Ah, I see. Sorry for the mix-up.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-19, 02:42 AM
((That wasn't my point, XF. I was merely observing that some of the regular structured game people my not have expected the day to end normally until tomorrow sometime and as a result may not have felt a need to post in response to your revolution until they'd done some more pondering on the issue, maybe run it by some people, etc, totally unaware that they might be missing a very important deadline.))

Vicarin
2007-06-19, 03:55 AM
Looks like I will have to join this revolution right now to avoid being auto-lynched.
Stupid inconvient time zone.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-19, 04:23 AM
I wasn't aware that other games used 48 hour days.

In general I've been doing 24 hours minimum, but always having a fixed deadline, so if we have an early end, the next phase will be a little longer.

However I always extend the deadline if there is a revolution because it is quite critical that everyone gets a chance to put their vote in. Unless of course everyoen already has by the time I see there is a revolution happening.

In the previous game and the start of this, I was finding that most day/night phases end early, in fact sometimes very quickly. I like that as I think it makes for a more fast paced and interesting game. Otherwise games can stagnate so that even the players who check often stop checking and lose interest.

===EDIT===

So far we have 3 out of 8 players have submitted their vote/position on the revolution that has been declared. If you don't vote, you'll be second against the wall when the revolution comes, right behind those that actively supported the losing side (if any).

Have we really only got 3 active players left?

Don't forget, deadline (literally) is 9am GMT Wednesday (tomorrow). So get posting.

HyramGraff
2007-06-19, 02:16 PM
What's this? An alien walking around? No it's just HyramGraff showing his support for the revolution by wearing an outfit covered with green glowsticks.

Helgraf
2007-06-19, 09:54 PM
*Viva la revolution, I am a part of it!*

Helgraf scrounged up the glowsticks used to such good effect back in the days when Ravetopia was an unenlightened place called Pucetopia, and progressed to aid the revolutionaries.

Belethorien
2007-06-19, 10:10 PM
Belethorien walks out of her house wearing green glowstick jewelry. I am joining the revolution.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-20, 07:08 AM
The revolution is swift, and bloody, as the residents of Ravetopia rally around Xykon_Fan, proudly wearing bright green glowsticks.

Those who failed to support the rebellion were rounded up and stood before the great statue of Ravezilla, blindfolded and tied to stakes as a large bonfire is built to honour the protector of the dance with live sacrifice.

The torches are lit, and the dancing begins, and the screams of DarkCorax and Weebl fill the air, the fire consuming their bodies swiftly as a Xykon_Fan throws flares into the petrol-soaked bonfire.

As night falls, Xykon_Fan is hailed the new leader of Ravetopia for taking a stand against the hated Computer and purging the state of agitators, preserving the great party.

The night party starts, and you all dance all the harder, confident that the agitators have all been removed.

DarkCorax and Weebl, citizens, were executed. A new regime has taken control.

Day ends, night starts and will end 9am GMT on Friday or earlier if all night actions are in sooner. Sorry for the delay.

inky13112
2007-06-21, 08:43 PM
Wait the glowstick federation wasn't even a faction was it?

:smallamused: Awesome. In a at least glowsticks use a little technology kinda way.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-21, 09:34 PM
Hmmm...I was gonna ask the baner for help, but then I realized there wasn't one. I'm screwed, but hey, I staved off death for 12 hours or so game time.

Just so everyone knows, there's a reason the technos wanted me dead, and I happen to have some information regarding Beleth. So I suggest you kill her next.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-22, 01:55 AM
Hi, all.

You've had well over 24 hours to get night actions in, but I've only had two out of 4 actions submitted.

As a note to all of you, and to re-iterate what I said earlier, don't feel constrained to only submit night actions for yourself. Non-spies can submit a spy action in case their spy doesn't, and spies can submit a kill action in case no-one else does.

You have 1 hour remaining, plus extra time if work keeps me busy, and Pingcode20 isn't around.

pingcode20
2007-06-22, 02:33 AM
Huh? I'm still here.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-22, 02:50 AM
I meant wasn't around at 9 am GMT.

10 minutes to go, still some actions needed.

Penguinizer
2007-06-22, 02:53 AM
I'm in for the next game. But if it starts during the weekend this week, place me as afk until Monday.

I would like it very much if I could get a notice when the next game is open for sign ups.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-22, 04:41 AM
In the presidential manor, Xykon Fan is walking down a corridor, back from the trip to the bathroom, ready to go back to bed. Suddenly, one of the walls shakes and shivers, revealing a glowing green and white energy portal. Xykon Fan has only one second to be surprised at this appearance, before hands grab him and drag him through. "Is this him, Professor?" says a grime-besmudged girl, wearing a tank top and with goggles pushed up onto her head, the owner of the hands holding him.

A wiry old man with white hair, bent over a metal control desk covered with buttons and levers. Large metal gears and chains festoon the metal room, and it is uncomfortably warm. The wiry man walks forward, peering shortsightedly at Xykon Fan. "Oh, i'm so sorry to take you without telling you beforehand, but I am Anla-L-ABY, and this is Vel-M-GOE. I am an ultraviolet a... high-level programmer for The Computer. Or at least I was. I heard that you, a great leader in the Outside, were going to be assassinated. I thought, that if I managed to save you, you would be able to lead the great forces of the Outside against The Computer, here in alpha complex, and free us all from it's tyranny."

Suddenly, Xykon Fan hears the sound of raised voices, and the girl, 'Vel', launches herself through a hatch, into the room, bolting it securely behind her. "They're coming," she accused the old man. "The Computer must have planned this from the start." She pulls two large bulky and odd looking pistols from a harness draped over a workdesk. The babble of voices from outside rises, and then stops. With a CRUMMMPPPT, one of the corroded metal walls falls in an odd rectangular shape. A man dressed in an orange boiler-suit, with a clear plexi-glass visor, steps through the swirling smoke, into the room, holding a pad in his hand. "I have been informed that there is a hygiene emergency in this sector. Prepare to be scrubbed." Vel shoots him in the face. He falls backward, his posture suggesting him to be slightly surprised.

Vel turns to the startled old man. "Well, don't just stand there! I'll hold them off, you get the machine spun up and send him back! Now!" She turns, firing into the smoke, walking forward as the laser lights burn steadily into the gap. The old man starts pulling levers, and a steady hum builds up in the enclosed room. The temperature starts rising, and steam puffs from some of the vents. As ping and rattle of the lasers continues to come from the direction Vel walked, the old man starts reading out coordinates from a tatty old piece of paper, over the rising whir and steam and smoke. Finally, he grabs Xykon Fan's head with both hands, screaming over the noise, "Remember this, if you remember nothing else! Three kilometres down! THREE! GO!" He reaches over, his hand closes on a lever, and then stops. Looking past him, you see a knife in his throat, a strange knife covered with circuitry and small dials.

Silently, the old man crumples to the floor, and the machinery peaks in noise, and then slowly dies down. Shedding their cloaks, three men in black stealth clothes appear from various locations around the room. The sound of laser fire from beyond the room has stopped. The leader, a man with a devil-may-care grin and a gold tooth, twirls a knife in his hands, and smiles, an uncomfortable smile. "The jig's up, patty." The smile grows slightly wider, and infinitely more uncomfortable. As he starts to advance on you, suddenly from the steam filled corridor, three heavily armoured figures wearing white riot suits and heavy re-breather helms, armed with long white metal poles, spinning scrubbing brush heads with long bristles at the ready and dripping soapy fluid. The one on the left bears some dark scars on his armour, presumably from the laser fire. A voice booms out from the suited figures "Alright men, no mercy! Clean them all!" The leader of the cloaked men sighs, and turns to his two men. "Incompetents. Kill them all." The shadowmist assassins nod and turn silently to begin their work. As the screams of the white-suited cleaning patrol begin, the shadow-cloaked leader grabs Xykon Fan's arm as he tries to flee. "We'll be having none of that now, my pretty." He says, leering again. "You've got a long night ahead of you, you need to save your energy." He moves in, long knife at the ready, and the first of Xykon Fan's many screams echo through the still, cold air.

==================

As the party dies down, in the early hours of the morning, the body of HyramGraff is found hanging by the neck from a discoball on a linked chain of glowsticks. He is quite dead. In his pockets you find a note:

Dear Mr. HyramGraff,

We regret to inform you of our decision that, due to excessive partying, drinking, and general proclivities towards self-control inhibiting activity, we have decided your existence on this mortal plane must now be terminated. We will, however, allow you to choose the method by which you die, and so long as it keeps our identities undiscovered, we will be happy to comply.

Thank you for your patience in dealing with this matter, as I know it has been a stressful time for all involved.

Sincerely,
The Moralisers

P.S. We regret to inform you that due to certain time constraints, if you do not respond quickly, we will be killing you by hanging you above the dance floor from the disco ball by the very glowsticks you wear so proudly.

Xykon Fan, leader of the XXXXXXXX, and a Moraliser, was killed by the Technophiles.
HyramGraff, an Anachronist, was killed by the Moralisers.
The Anachronists, no doubt stymied by the death of their most active member, pingcode20, didn't kill anyone.

Night ends, and day begins, and will end 9 am GMT Monday morning unless someone gets three votes first and I or Pingcode20 happen to notice and post an update. The first person to get two votes gets lynched, three votes gets an early day end.

Isn't it funny that in both games of Revolution, the person starting the revolution won, and then died the next night. Not that I want to dissuade people from starting revolutions or anything.

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-22, 11:12 AM
((Eh, it's what I expected to happen. I figured I could only stall the technophiles for a little bit...but I managed to get ride of some commoners, and I thought some of the technos might be hasty and oppose the revolution.

Thanks for running this, thanks for playing with me, and kick some techno butt everyone!))

pingcode20
2007-06-24, 07:09 PM
((We're rapidly nearing the deadline and there will currently be no lynch.

Start pointing, people.))

Rejakor
2007-06-24, 09:42 PM
Rejakor dances across the (newly-depleted) dance-floor, offering his hand to Belethorien. "Would you care to dance?"

Helgraf
2007-06-24, 11:09 PM
* Helgraf points at Belethorian *

Jontom Xire
2007-06-25, 03:52 AM
The mob rushes Belethorien. As they drag her to the execution block a book falls out of her handbag. The book is called "Espionage for Dummies", and on the inside of the front cover is written "To Belethorien with affection - Pingcode20".

The crowd tie her to the guillotine, and her head is severed with a blade made from a specially sharpened, limited edition vinyl of "Stairway to Heaven".

Belethorien, the Anachronist spy, was executed.

As night falls, the streets are lit by the multi-coloured glowstick decorations. The music starts, and the crowd is jubilant. There are fewer people by far after the traumatic events of the last few days, but today they killed another revolutionary agitator. Perhaps that was the last of them!

Day ends, night starts and will end 9am GMT Tuesday morning, or sooner if all night time events are received sooner. If you're an agitator and you're still alive, send in an action!

Jontom Xire
2007-06-26, 05:14 AM
The party is long, loud, and free from trouble. All the crowd have a great time. On his way home, Vicarin is skipping happily along when he is suddenly bundled into a sack never to be seen again.

Vicarin, a Moraliser, is killed by the last Technophile agitator.

The following morning, Helgraf and Rejakor are standing around in the town square when Helgraf feels something in his pocket. Pulling it out he finds a note which reads:

We are those who wish to change the future by shaping the present. If you want to join us, wear an orange glowstick.

Helgraf looks across at Rejakor who shrugs, a sheepish smile on his face.

The Technophiles win. The revolution is complete. Helgraf must join or die.

Well that could have been interesting. If Vicarin had killed Rejakor, Helgraf would have been the sole survivor and won. I had a great death scene in mind where Helgraf sees them fighting, stabbing each other with knives until they both die from their wounds.

If Rejakor had killed Helgraf, then the following night Rejakor and Vicarin had killed each other, then it would have been total wipeout! Even better :)

Hope you all had fun and want to play again!

It'd be great if someone else ran the next one. I want to play!

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-26, 05:32 AM
So at the end there were only two people?

So, Rejakor was the last Technopile, Vicarin was the last Moraliser, Belethorien was the last Anachronist, and Helgraf was the last Citizen? How unlikely is it that the last four players each represented a different faction?

Nicely played, everyone. I had fun following along.

pingcode20
2007-06-26, 06:01 AM
Whee. Well, I didn't have much of a role in the end, after all, I suppose.

I'll run the next one, though.

---

Well, now it's time to decide the names.

I suggest 'Neo Ravetopia', in the veins of 'Neo Tokyo' in cyberpunk.

Jontom Xire
2007-06-26, 09:47 AM
It won't be ravetopia though. The Technophiles won, so I guess it'll be something more inline with their philosophy - maybe Technotopia.

A good idea is to do what I did and let players decide in the sign up thread - oh, and sign me up automatically when you create the sign-up thread.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-26, 10:00 AM
Thanks JX. That was a lot of fun!!!

Xykon_Fan
2007-06-26, 10:28 AM
I'm in for the next game, provided I can get on here fast enough to start playing. I'm on the road for a few days, and at a relative's house after that for about 2 weeks. We'll see how spotty my net access is.

inky13112
2007-06-26, 07:41 PM
Whee. Well, I didn't have much of a role in the end, after all, I suppose.

I'll run the next one, though.

---

Well, now it's time to decide the names.

I suggest 'Neo Ravetopia', in the veins of 'Neo Tokyo' in cyberpunk.
Yay we win! For the glory of your friend the computer!

Hmm. We shall name our new country Technatopia, and it shall be a wonderful land, and all shall obey our wonderful friend the computer.
Or Die.

pingcode20
2007-06-26, 08:02 PM
You mean 'Technotopia', right?

Well, now I need to think up agitator names for a cyberpunk dystopia, I guess.

pingcode20
2007-06-26, 09:23 PM
Revolution III thread is up!

With new names for all agitator groups, incidentally.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48906

Rejakor
2007-06-27, 06:35 AM
Heh. I won. By just picking people to die whose names I didn't like. In your face all you logic using people!

Fleeing Coward
2007-06-27, 06:37 AM
You got lucky, you were next on my to kill list before my unfortunate demise :smallmad:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-27, 06:37 AM
Heh. I won. By just picking people to die whose names I didn't like. In your face all you logic using people!

*sniffles* "but you killed me?" *sniffles*

pingcode20
2007-06-27, 06:39 AM
*ahem* I killed you.

And that was after a scry, mind you.

Rejakor was a technophile, remember?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-06-27, 06:43 AM
*ahem* I killed you.

And that was after a scry, mind you.

Rejakor was a technophile, remember?

Oh? *feels better* That's okay, then!!

Rejakor
2007-06-27, 07:32 AM
lol, the entire technophile team died in one night... second night or third. Then I was on my own the entire game. I actually wanted you to JOIN me atreyu, but when you died I figured out you were an agitator. ><

My various attempts to get people to join the technophiles resulted in hilarity and weirdness. Someone tried to recruit me, but I cleverly fobbed them off with a 'my mum won't let me'.

And yes, that marathon movie length screen preview up there, the death scene for Xykon, I wrote that. Didn't take long, funnily enough.